• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There will be no SS mod made by me (due to legal restrictions on some countries and as I am under Paradox responsability now). Please don't discuss that in this thread. :)

I think I have finished the 1.02 patch (added Todt death event and a specific minister trait for him +5%IC +5% resources). I am testing it quickly and you may have it in about an hour if everything goes well.

I don't want SS units but can you make a few of those cool looking black and white ones? :)

I can't do anything about any SS or SS-like units (I said I would made a mod but I can't, I have to learn my rights before promising anything to you guys ^^). You will have to look for a mod, Forwatz Panzer for instance is working on it.

Hi guys,

I am not sure if you guys have the same problem but I seem to have grey boxes on my unit portraits.

For instance, I have a German infantry solider with a gun but part of the gun is covered in a grey box.

Also, some unit portraits like Tactical Bomber pilots or Interceptor pilots don't show up.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Please provide a screenshot (F11).

Can I apply this over an earlier patch, (1.01b?), or could there be any problems?

Yes you can. Savegame are not compatible tho (as with any other patch).

Reposting the pictures, sorry...

Empty Portrait

emptyportrait.png

Grey Box Portrait

hqgreybox.png

Everything looks fine for me, I'd say check your installation. :)

Plane 3D model is setup in the experience layer, there is no problem with it (for me at least).

speaking of which, the Soviets stopped me from taking moscow this time, my army got stopped just a few provinces away. Problem is, it was more because of a faulty AI than a actual good defence. As I play the game I only directly control the Elite Units, or what I deem is elite units. The rest of my 149-unit army I let the AI direct after giving it a objective: take Moscow. I just sit back and watch and oversee it, since I don't find micro-managment all those units moves much fun at all. Now the problem is the AI is really stupid. One lone partisan popped up far behind my line and instantly it sent 10+ units from the frontline to fight this lone partisan. Result, my fronline almost brake apart and the offensive stops. So I take direct control and stops it. So instead the AI sends 10+ units from my Hungarian allies and their part of the frontline collapse :/ After the partisan unit is destroyed they then wander around the map aimleslessy like a headless chicken, giving me no help at all. Giving them a ally-objective to help me take moscow does nothing to improve it. And for two months they wear their "I'm Stupid" sign with pride before their lone braincell wakes up and realise: "uhm oh the fronline... I think it is... that way", and then they all moved to Finland (sigh). Finland in turn does... nothing, I gave them the call to join me on this crusade to crush Bosjevism and they all sit back rolling their tumbs letting me do all the hard work, not caring that Soviet have started eating of their territory.

At that hour my patience with the games shortcommings was running thin and I shut it down.

Sorry for the rant. Its nothing I fault the DLC with, but the game AI need a serious makeover.

From what I remember HOI V 1.3 (was it 1.4?) let the player control the minor Axis- armies in Russia. I can't really understand why we lost that option, since the AI is working very poorly with objectives and threats.

I mean, ten units to fight one rebel? Using elite units as garrison units instead of cheaper militia? Moving units from one end of the map to another and then back and being totally useless in the meantime? Bah. These AI-shortcommings are what seriously impair a othervise good game and until I see it fixed I put this game on the back burner.

I have the exact same issue. I have more troops (currently), all superior in technichs etc, yet the ai sit's there 3 squares from Moscow, waiting for the Russian to build up forces and push me back by numbers.
Strange thing i noticed, i do have a concentrated force with tanks just above Moscow, with a lot of supply issues. I run airdrops from leninggrad ( has a huge stock supplie en supplied via Kiel), but still not enough. Leaders have been optimised, same problem.
Units are auto retreating, due to out off supply, creating a bulge.
got frustrated and quit for the time being.

I know this has nothing to do with the DLC... but any tips are welcome to break the stalemate.

Last edited:
I started up the game with the latest patch installed but....Is the LR sub conning tower, which says its available in '34, still not able to be researched until you research the '37 tech of LR design and systems?

Nor do I see the Assault Guns anywhere.

Right off the bat I am having a hard time seeing if the patch went through even though the folders all say 5/16 or 5/23 as the updated date. It's like the launcher isn't recognizing the latest version of Di: G

I got problem with allies. I got 1M man on holland. belgium and france line. Allies have half of my man and weak technology but still I cant get forwad I just fight and hold my line looks like allies just better with 500k man and weak technology.

I started up the game with the latest patch installed but....Is the LR sub conning tower, which says its available in '34, still not able to be researched until you research the '37 tech of LR design and systems?

Nor do I see the Assault Guns anywhere.

Right off the bat I am having a hard time seeing if the patch went through even though the folders all say 5/16 or 5/23 as the updated date. It's like the launcher isn't recognizing the latest version of Di: G

Assault guns are in the armor tab, activated with the medium tank armor.
You can't research AA gun if you don't activate LR submarine first. I'll change the date indeed. ^^

I hope I am not repeating old stuff, but the thread is too long to read through. The Hermann Göring para-unit does not get any organisation improvement from the doctrines. Is this intentional? I know it has many other bonuses, but the low organisation makes it strangely inferior to normal para-units.

Assault guns are in the armor tab, activated with the medium tank armor.
You can't research AA gun if you don't activate LR submarine first. I'll change the date indeed. ^^

Ahh, ok. Once I went forward to the '43 scenario I found Assault Guns could be built. Glad to know I have the right version and I look forward to playing with the changes. Thanks again!

I hope I am not repeating old stuff, but the thread is too long to read through. The Hermann Göring para-unit does not get any organisation improvement from the doctrines. Is this intentional? I know it has many other bonuses, but the low organisation makes it strangely inferior to normal para-units.

This is not wad, thanks for spotting I'll fix that. :)

SF 2.04e GID 1.1 (latest)

April 1937
Only researchable tab on u-boat tech tab is submarnie torpedos

Can not reserach CS or MR

The country flag: German U-Boats is red *

You are not using the latest, latest is 1.02 ;)

I have the exact same issue. I have more troops (currently), all superior in technichs etc, yet the ai sit's there 3 squares from Moscow, waiting for the Russian to build up forces and push me back by numbers.
Strange thing i noticed, i do have a concentrated force with tanks just above Moscow, with a lot of supply issues. I run airdrops from leninggrad ( has a huge stock supplie en supplied via Kiel), but still not enough. Leaders have been optimised, same problem.
Units are auto retreating, due to out off supply, creating a bulge.
got frustrated and quit for the time being.

I know this has nothing to do with the DLC... but any tips are welcome to break the stalemate.

Micromanage the units?

As for supply you know the drill. Build infrastructure, lower rebel percentage, research techs, etc etc etc.

It seems that the DLC is geared for the following sequence of events.

1) Win before November 1941 or face a BIG problem during winter.
2) If you don't win survive winter as best you can.
3) In June or so after repairs and organization is gained back up you now have another 4 or 5 months to win the war.
4) If you don't win by November 1942 better think about defense only.