• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must protest! Naggy's Sick Man (Turkey) AAR has got to hold the record for the most unartistic (inartistic??) map of Europe I've ever seen! :p

But surely you're right, in the end, if we can excuse that. :)

Congrats, Naggy!

Renss

Congratulations naggy! And all the past winners of this award for that matter as I seem to have neglected this thread until now.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, naggy!

Thank you very much!

To Rensslaer: My map of Europe was clearly Dadaist.

Since this now needs to move on, the new AARtist of the Month for July will be Bornego. All his AARs are superbly illustrated in a way that makes quite complex moves and interactions clear to the reader. its obvious he puts a lot of care into the layout and the interaction between image and text. In particular Once Upon a Time ... The Revolution is a masterpiece in terms of text, image and content.

So step forward Bornego, our new AARtist of the Month.

Congrats Bornego, well deserved!

Congratulations, Bornego!

Congratulations, Bornego. Once Upon a Time is the masterful AAR that pushed me over the edge into AGEOD games, so thank you!

Congratulations! As loki already pointed out, your screenshots are not only beautiful to look at, they also convey a lot of information in a restrained, elegant way. Using different colors, names, arrows (what military map doesn't look good with some arrows on it? ;)) and dates, you show a lot without clutter. Both artistry in the 'artistic' and the 'craftmanlike' way. :)

Thank you all for the kind words and particularly loki100 for bestowing this award upon me. This is quite the honour. There are a lot of beautifully illustrated AARs on this forum and I am regularly amazed of the quality. It's fairly easy to make an AGEOD AAR look nice since the games themselves provide beautiful graphics (try making HoI3 look good in screenshots - now that is a task ;)).

I have been remiss in handing this award onto a worthy successor. My apologies for that.

Some AAR worthy of this award qualify due to their particularly well edited, beautiful screens. But I like to think that eqqman's LIFE in the Trenches: 1936 Xibei San Ma offers even more. His well chosen pictures present a beautiful collage of life and war in the 1930ies and 1940ies. His texts, historical photographs and screens fit together to form a tale worthy of a novel and a true work of art.

Congrats and may you find the time to continue this AAR when your son is sound asleep. :)

great choice, eqqman is indeed offering a masterclass in combining real life and ingame images to drive his narrative forward.

good to see you back as well.

Just to keep the records straight, I'll log this as being passed on for september so Eqqman can bask in the glow till 1 october

Status
Not open for further replies.