+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: SMEP 6.0 for AoD

Here's another screenshot from the same game, showing the close of the war in Asia:

Most of the territory controlled by Communist China was given to them by the Soviets after they invaded Manchuria. You can also see a small Communist Korea "liberated" by the USSR after they clawed their way into Korean territory.
    SMEP 6.0 for AOD 1.08 and Sexxicolors
    Get them here
    Latest release: March 6, 2013
    Vultures In The Sky: A Desert Fox Multiplayer AAR

AOD seems to have altered how much partisan activity there is in occupied territories. In previous versions of SMEP I had written events to simulate partisan activities in Benelux, Serbia, and Greece for the Axis... now those events seem to make partisan activity actually LESS effective! I guess I should remove the events
    Get them here

Quote Originally Posted by Atruejedi View Post
    Results of a hands-off game as Cuba in the 1944 scenario, just to show off SMEP's awesome post-war border system

The FRG is substantially larger than in our timeline, while the DDR is a mere one province... and neutral Czechoslovakia will be surrounded in flames should World War III break out

For those who don't know, SMEP uses capital-capture events to determine who controls what in the post-war environment. In the above scenario, no one managed to capture Prague, leaving Czechoslovakia neutral... while Belgrade was captured by the USA, making Yugoslavia join the Allies.

Anyone have anything cool to show off? Or complain about?
    Some countries, like Italy and Yugoslavia, seem to have their capitals in odd places. Also, in your picture, Dobruja is owned by Romania and not Burgaria. Is that because the Vienna dictate didn't happen? Otherwise I believe Burgaria should own the province instead.

Except these minor points, the picture looks quite good, an excellent proof that SMEP is working with AOD beautifully.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

I should download this and start having a look through to help you squash bugs......

(Reserved)

Quote Originally Posted by khannate View Post
    Some countries, like Italy and Yugoslavia, seem to have their capitals in odd places.
    Yes... I'm trying to whip up some post-war "setup" events that move capitals to correct locations and install appropriate governments. But I'm having issues with the governments. Any help is appreciated.

Also, in your picture, Dobruja is owned by Romania and not Burgaria. Is that because the Vienna dictate didn't happen? Otherwise I believe Burgaria should own the province instead.
    Whoops. That was my general ignorance, not a bug. I didn't think they were allowed to keep Southern Dobruja after the war lol

Except these minor points, the picture looks quite good, an excellent proof that SMEP is working with AOD beautifully.
    Thanks! Appreciated.
    Get them here

Quote Originally Posted by thevaliant View Post
    I should download this and start having a look through to help you squash bugs......

(Reserved)
    I've squashed so many bugs recently that I am going to upload a new beta build right now. It's live. Re-download now Should be compatible with current saves.
    Get them here

This isn't from the newest beta, so if it's fixed disregard this. I wanted to finish up my current game before installing that.

Bug: If the Soviet Union loses and goes down the drain, Turkestan is supposed to be released in the disintegration. This works fine, but it's named UNKNOWN STRING WANTED. Also, it seems to be the same gray as Germany. Could that be changed for clarity?

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    This isn't from the newest beta, so if it's fixed disregard this. I wanted to finish up my current game before installing that.

Bug: If the Soviet Union loses and goes down the drain, Turkestan is supposed to be released in the disintegration. This works fine, but it's named UNKNOWN STRING WANTED. Also, it seems to be the same gray as Germany. Could that be changed for clarity?
    The name is fixed and the colors are fine on my end because I'm using Sexxicolors... which I suppose I should upload or release with SMEP. In the past I hadn't because some people didn't like it and it caused problems with multiplayer (I think).
    Get them here

The name is fixed and the colors are fine on my end because I'm using Sexxicolors... which I suppose I should upload or release with SMEP. In the past I hadn't because some people didn't like it and it caused problems with multiplayer (I think).
    So is sexxicolors compatible with aod?
    Last edited by Tormentor; 19-08-2010 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
    So is sexxicolors compatible with aod?
    I have not uploaded the AOD version yet but I will today.
    Get them here

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

I hope you upload sexxicolors soon...
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by rwglaub View Post
    I hope you upload sexxicolors soon...
    Crap. I forgot! Here you go:

http://www.jamisongeibel.com/smep/sexxicolorsaod.rar

This version is designed for AoD.
    Get them here

Colonel
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

Thanks!
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Crap. I forgot! Here you go:

http://www.jamisongeibel.com/smep/sexxicolorsaod.rar

This version is designed for AoD.
    Excellent! Though I used sexxicolours from Arma and that seemed to work fine.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My SMEP WTF Moment

Playing as the US...early 1943...chasing Jap carriers around the Pacific...kicking the Italians out of North Africa and primarily just watching Germany completely overunning Russia.

Stalin sues for peace...bitter peace...and THEN...

Germany accepts a return to the status quo! The borders revert to the Mol-Rib Pact lines. All that Russian territory which was a moment ago gray...is now red once more.

Huh? I say again...huh?

I liked the additional flavor that SMEP had provided. But...huh? whaaat?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    Playing as the US...early 1943...chasing Jap carriers around the Pacific...kicking the Italians out of North Africa and primarily just watching Germany completely overunning Russia.

Stalin sues for peace...bitter peace...and THEN...

Germany accepts a return to the status quo! The borders revert to the Mol-Rib Pact lines. All that Russian territory which was a moment ago gray...is now red once more.

Huh? I say again...huh?

I liked the additional flavor that SMEP had provided. But...huh? whaaat?
    Give it a day or so. The border change fires AFTER peace.
    Get them here

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

OK. It took 2 days but everything sorted itself out. Thanks.

Colonel

Played up to 1945 as Germany and everything is going underfully. I chose Lebensraum in Russia. My new national provinces are prone to rebellion, so they still suck up troops. Are there any more events for that area? Soviet Union is completely gone.
    Robert Glaub
    rwglaub@yahoo.com

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia

Bulgaria loves joining the Axis early in my games... anyone having the same issue? It MIGHT be related to the Soviets claiming Bessarabia... as Bulgaria joined the Axis the day after that event fired. Ugh. I'm not sure why, I haven't dug through every new file in AoD. It's overwhelming. I don't want Bulgaria to join until the Axis invades Yugoslavia (because if Bulgaria joins before this Greece is easily annexed, making the invasion of Yugoslavia pointless). Can anyone clue me in to why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Anyone have any results to share on games so far? The USSR and Nationalist China are getting steam-rolled in 1939 hands-off games I'm watching... I assume it's a 1.04 issue and NOT the mod. But I'm not sure. Feedback appreciated.
    I guess increasing AI Bulgaria's neutrality and then making an event where it joins the Axis at a certain date would solve your problem.
    The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes - that guy, you know THAT GUY
    There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know - Harry Truman
    And well, everything can be obvious... but only after you've found it out or someone told you. - Titan79

For those who enjoy vanilla AoD, but want to see a much more intelligent AI, more historical events and overall better gameplay then download this mod.

My work in progress, an Improved 1941 scenario for AoD.

AARs:
    The BBC Reports! An ten-player online 1936 AoD AAR using the 1.09 changes 25: ongoing

A three-player online AoD AAR using the Improved 1936 mod - currently reached August 1941: the game has ended but the AAR is in need of updating

My first AAR playing as Germany using the AoD Third Reich Mod - currently reached August 1945: postponed

Quote Originally Posted by rwglaub View Post
    Played up to 1945 as Germany and everything is going underfully. I chose Lebensraum in Russia. My new national provinces are prone to rebellion, so they still suck up troops. Are there any more events for that area? Soviet Union is completely gone.
    Nope... that's it. I'm open to suggestions, however. Just remember, SMEP tries to avoid frivolous events.
    Get them here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast