• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess increasing AI Bulgaria's neutrality and then making an event where it joins the Axis at a certain date would solve your problem. :)

Yes, it would, but that wasn't my question. I want to know WHY it is happening and I can't seem to figure it out. It's quite clear what causes Romania and Hungary to join the Axis, but not Bulgaria. Frustrating.

Event 3501: Movement revitalised in CCIP-master.txt

The event creates new army groups, but has no units to assign to those army groups. I think you've mentioned that the event doesn't work, but I assume it would be better to either:

Delete the creation entirely or
Replace the creation of the units with events that work.

Should I suggest something?

Event 3501: Movement revitalised in CCIP-master.txt

The event creates new army groups, but has no units to assign to those army groups. I think you've mentioned that the event doesn't work, but I assume it would be better to either:

Delete the creation entirely or
Replace the creation of the units with events that work.

Should I suggest something?

Suggestions are welcome, so long as they are somewhat historic and not worthless (in the sense that it doesn't really effect gameplay... I hate frivolous events). The reason the event didn't function correctly for SMEP is that CCIP edited the scenario files to unlock units... which isn't really "with" SMEP's mission of being as mod-friendly as possible. If you have any other suggestions for further changes to CCIP events, feel free to drop them here.

As I reverted back to 1.04 and installed SMEP again to run a handsoff game as Cuba to see how AI performs, I had really weird CTD everytime Welcome to SMEP 1 event triggered. It occured three times in a row and when I finally picked up Haiti, no CTD and then I tried Cuba again this time it worked without issues.

Probably just really weird singular case but it sure was random :rofl:

Does this mod work fine with the newest beta patch, then? 1.05?

I guess I'll find out for myself, regardless.

e: Hm, lots of unknown string wanted in the tech tree. I guess that's a no, then.

Last edited:
Running SMEP with 1.05 will give you tons of UNKNOWN STRING WANTED errors due some key changes done in the vanilla .csv files, but otherwise it might work out ok. I'm sure Atruejedi will let us know when 1.05 compatible version is out. :)

If anyone still comes on this thread, i'm curious, what are some of the post war events that cause an allies v. comintern world war 3? Or do I have to declare war myself.
Going a little further, what kind of surrender events are there for ww3?

Minor bug:

Event 2489 - CHC modernisation in CCIP_master.txt
This requires event 2484 to have fired. But there is no event 2484. I believe the trigger should actually be 2483.

Another bug:

Molotov-Ribbentrop events. In SMEP-events2.txt trigger events are wrong:

event = {
id = 70275
random = no
country = GER

trigger = {
#event = 70276 #poland had poland to soviets event
OR = {
event = 70138 #normal
event = 70140 #limited
event = 70143 #full
event = 71402 #german 1939 setup event

}

Italic/Bold area not correct. References to event 70138 is right, as is 70143, but 70140 refers to Soviet Decision over Limited pact (ie, not yet chosen) and there is NO reference to failed Unholy Alliance (meaning effectively Pact breaks completely if Unholy alliance is offered but refused). It should be (I think)

OR = {
event = 70138 #normal
event = 70146 #limited
event = 70142 #Unholy offered but refused
event = 70143 #full
event = 71402 #german 1939 setup event
}

Event 70276 also needs correcting and event 70277 likewise (except 70277 should NOT include 70146 trigger as this is LIMITED pact only and Soviet Union has not been allowed to take Finland.

Lastly, and CRITICALLY, SMEP-AI.txt event 71812 also needs triggers fixing.

Without the above, anything other than standard Molotov-Ribbentrop selection will not work correctly.

Running SMEP with 1.05 will give you tons of UNKNOWN STRING WANTED errors due some key changes done in the vanilla .csv files, but otherwise it might work out ok. I'm sure Atruejedi will let us know when 1.05 compatible version is out. :)

You should stop changing vanilla files, and instead add a new csv under config/additional, with all you changes - they will overrule and/or extend any text in the vanilla files

You should stop changing vanilla files, and instead add a new csv under config/additional, with all you changes - they will overrule and/or extend any text in the vanilla files

That post was merely an observation what happened when I ran SMEP with early 1.05 public beta to see if it works, and while the events do work it has some nasty side-effect as noted there. Information like that is often useful for developer so he (probably) knows where to start when making a new version ;)

I think there is something broken in end of Czechoslovakia event. In a partitioning with Hungary case, Germany ends up with Slovakia and no allied Hungary - Hungary doesn't have cores on Slovakia. I think the event id is 70126.

I'm alive. I've lost alot of interest in modding Hearts of Iron because of the massive Paradox-incited split of the community between multiple versions of what is essentially the same game... however, it's nice to know people still want to play SMEP. I updated it a bit after a patch came out a couple of months ago, and I'm pretty sure I made it compatible with the latest AOD. I'm running a test game now. I don't have a changelog... I've never been good with recording what changes I make. Nonetheless, if this same game goes well, I'll upload and you guys can test it out.

I do have a big request. SMEP's leader pictures have always been in the wrong format because they use the wrong palette, apparently. And now AOD has adopted new names for the leader pictures. So most of SMEPs do not show up in game. Is anyone up to the task of renaming the files and/or converting to the correct format? Honestly, I COULD do the renaming... I just don't feel like it, it's such tedious work and I'm burnt out. And I really don't know HOW to tackle the palette issue. I've tried before. The main "issue" is they don't highlight when you hover over them. Been an issue since I made most of them years ago.

I'm alive. I've lost alot of interest in modding Hearts of Iron because of the massive Paradox-incited split of the community between multiple versions of what is essentially the same game... however, it's nice to know people still want to play SMEP. I updated it a bit after a patch came out a couple of months ago, and I'm pretty sure I made it compatible with the latest AOD. I'm running a test game now. I don't have a changelog... I've never been good with recording what changes I make. Nonetheless, if this same game goes well, I'll upload and you guys can test it out.

I do have a big request. SMEP's leader pictures have always been in the wrong format because they use the wrong palette, apparently. And now AOD has adopted new names for the leader pictures. So most of SMEPs do not show up in game. Is anyone up to the task of renaming the files and/or converting to the correct format? Honestly, I COULD do the renaming... I just don't feel like it, it's such tedious work and I'm burnt out. And I really don't know HOW to tackle the palette issue. I've tried before. The main "issue" is they don't highlight when you hover over them. Been an issue since I made most of them years ago.

You have to save pics in Grayscales and 8bit. Finally they should have a size of 2,81 KB (2880 Bytes).