Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is actually a good idea.

Imagine loading up EU4 and picking your start date and getting a short "briefing" video before you start. Depending on how modular the system is, you could have individual ones for each country or group of countries. You could also make different videos for each start date.

An example, with visual modules, from Victoria 2:

Yes, a bit like this.

Though if they do release a game set in a time where filming is already possible (Hearts of Iron) for example, they could maybe stitch together not only narrated pictures, but a narrated video as well, only brief intro.

Is there a date when the new forum will be open? :)

Hi thanks for the question.
The only answer I can give you is more than a month less than a year. We are working hard on it, and will try and give as much notice in advance as we can, your accounts will be ported over, but it will require a Paradox Account not just a forum account, so if you do not have one of those yet I encourage you to create/merge it with your forum account now to avoid any delays if there is a problem merging it when the new forum launches since the tech support is more likely to be busy then do to volume of everyone trying to do it at once.

This brings up an interesting situation. If I have to scroll through the calendar in setting my birth date, I could very well die of older age by the time I get to 1953.

Just saying.

This brings up an interesting situation. If I have to scroll through the calendar in setting my birth date, I could very well die of older age by the time I get to 1953.

Just saying.
I love it when a problem solves itself!

Hi thanks for the question.
The only answer I can give you is more than a month less than a year. We are working hard on it, and will try and give as much notice in advance as we can, your accounts will be ported over, but it will require a Paradox Account not just a forum account, so if you do not have one of those yet I encourage you to create/merge it with your forum account now to avoid any delays if there is a problem merging it when the new forum launches since the tech support is more likely to be busy then do to volume of everyone trying to do it at once.
So will it be on a different web page? Or will this one be "updated"?

PI has outgrown the heavily modified Vbul they are running now. They are therefore developing their own forum software, which as far as I have understand should also make it possible to buy games directly with the forum account.
My guess would be that it stays at the same page both to avoid many broken links, but also since paradoxplaza.com holds many other PI functions.[/quote]
An account introduced a year ago. You need it for some Magicka games and it might already be enough to buy games from PI. All new forum users automatically get a Paradox account instead of a forum account; I also haven't experienced any difference between when I had a forum account and now when I have a Paradox account. You can get one by performing the merge; should you mess up you can ask for help in the general forum like many other people have done after messing up in creating and merging a Paradox account.

An account introduced a year ago. You need it for some Magicka games and it might already be enough to buy games from PI. All new forum users automatically get a Paradox account instead of a forum account; I also haven't experienced any difference between when I had a forum account and now when I have a Paradox account. You can get one by performing the merge; should you mess up you can ask for help in the general forum like many other people have done after messing up in creating and merging a Paradox account.
I'm not really sure what the point of Paradox account is because just like you, I haven't experienced any differences since I have one.

I love it when a problem solves itself!

denero.jpg

You're a funny guy. I'll get to you last.

"Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? [...] I lied."

So will it be on a different web page? Or will this one be "updated"?

This version of the forum will be shutdown for a period of time (We are working to make this time period as short as possible.)
Then the new version will go live at the same address.

Most likely we will port a version first and notify you that changes made to older posts from that point will not be translated to the new forum, then we just merge the week or so of new posts into the existing database on the new forum.

We will provide more details when we get closer to that point. The key is to minimize the disruption to you, our members.

Unlike a certain EU4 DLC...
I was honestly very (positively!) surprised that Paradox fixed the non-working republics in CK II in a matter of days - especially in comparison to the EU IV American Dream DLC.. which remainder broken for months.

Rumors speak of a new coffee machine at the Paradox Stockholm office, can this be confirmed or denied, is it's hooked up to a 16Amp socket and can you (anyone from the Stockholm office) post a cool picture or two?

Rumors speak of a new coffee machine at the Paradox Stockholm office, can this be confirmed or denied, is it's hooked up to a 16Amp socket and can you (anyone from the Stockholm office) post a cool picture or two?

Did you feel a sudden decline in power in Stockholm?

Well, I can confirm we have a new monster machine in the kitchen. I can't post any cool pictures of it though, since I find coffee evil and won't go near the thing. (Ew, coffee is gross).

Well, I can confirm we have a new monster machine in the kitchen. I can't post any cool pictures of it though, since I find coffee evil and won't go near the thing. (Ew, coffee is gross).

Are you a glorious tea drinker, like myself? Or do you shun caffeine completely?

Sweden seems to be generally ahead of the curve when it comes to fashions and whatnot, so can you tip me off what the next big look is going to be?

Kilts and skirts on men will be huge next year, along with large shoulderpads. Green will be the new black and wearable electronics (LED lights on shirts and trousers) will the the next big thing.