+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary - 28th of June 2006

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Development Diary - 28th of June 2006

Weve all come to the conclusion that football is not a real sport, and only icehockey is relevant. Midsummer has passed, and it is now closing in on the summer holidays here.

A lot of focus have been on wrapping up the main work on the two major remaining interface pieces., the peace negotiation interface have been designed and implemented, and we plan to show it within a few weeks. We have also been working on the three different combat interfaces, with the landcombat nearing completion. The engine guys have been working hard with the new underlaying multiplayer protocol, and the game is now running in multiplayer on our local lan. The artists are busy adding the animations and looks of african units.

Code:
    # Do not change tags in here without changing every other reference to them.
    # If adding new resources, make sure they are uniquely named.

# base_price = X	base price in $.		  (default is 1.0 if not specified
    # min_demand = 0.5  	Demand is never lower than this.  (default is 0.01 if not specified)
    # max_demand = 1.4	Demand is never higher than this.  (default is 1.0 if not specified)
    # plantation = yes/no	This type of goods is categories as plantation for demand calculations.
    # goldtype = yes/no		This resource works like 'gold' if yes, using prices from mine-value in province instead of supply/demand and baseprice.  Also creates gold-inflation
    # <building_name> = 0.01	Type of building that gives a demand boost.

#Base resources
    grain = {
    	base_price = 5

#demands
    	min_demand = 0.25
    	shipyard = 0.01
    	regimental_camp = 0.01
    	refinery = 0.01
    	wharf = 0.01
    	weapons = 0.01
    	textile = 0.01
    	fine_arts_academy = 0.01
    	university = 0.01
    }
    The tradegoods file contains information on the prices, special characteristics and demand modifiers for each goods in the game. Of course, it is fully flexible on adding and removing goods.

Here is Maine, a french province in the late 17th century. Im in the province interface, and contemplating what manufactory to build in this province. All the other possible buildings that can be built in a province can be seen in the interface as well.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLeviathan: WarshipsSemper Fi
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Love trade goods, and just can't get enough of province improvements!

EDIT: Oh, and look how smooth those provinceborders go, that'll show some alarmists...
    Last edited by Dakk; 28-06-2006 at 15:21.

EU3 Complete

looks goods, I like this update

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Wow look at that!
    Looking for historical coat of arms?
    Be sure to check out http://www.wappenwiki.org

Sweden is the world's strongest country. For some 250 years it has worked on it's doom, without success!
    - Frederick the Great

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The tradegoods file contains information on the prices, special characteristics and demand modifiers for each goods in the game. Of course, it is fully flexible on adding and removing goods.
    Lovly, I can add "dalahorses" as goods!
    Since the custom avatars are gone, Im aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.334 posts left...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martin
    Lovly, I can add "dalahorses" as goods!
    yippie! what would be lovly, but I don't know if the demand will be that great

Edit: and btw, great with so many provinceimprovments

Procrastinator extraordinaire Registered's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice artwork but don't some of the manufactories look sort of.. modern?
    "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity"
    Yeats

Looking good.

Looks good, but I don't see a scrollbar in the building menu. Since that menu already seems to be completely filled with icons, will this have any negative consequences for modders who want to add new stuff? (as seen in Hearts Of Iron 2)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Still nothing shown beneath the Papacy and the Holy Empire icons. How much longer do you want to torture us Johan?
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

Keeper of the seven keys Lord Martin's Avatar
    200k clubVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Muffenboy
    yippie! what would be lovly, but I don't know if the demand will be that great

Edit: and btw, great with so many provinceimprovments
    Editing my friend, editing

Code:
    #Base resources
    dalahorses = {
    	base_price = 15

#demands
    	min_demand = 0.5
    	max_demand = 1.4
            shipyard = 0.01
    	regimental_camp = 0.01
    	refinery = 0.01
    	wharf = 0.01
    	weapons = 0.01
    	textile = 0.01
    	fine_arts_academy = 0.01
    	university = 0.01
    }
    Since the custom avatars are gone, Im aiming at 1.000.000 posts instead!!!!
    998.334 posts left...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Hmmmm, interesting - particularly with the HRE and Papal icons on the sidebar in the bottom right corner (and the University popup box cruelly covering up any others which might be below them!).

Can anyone identify what buildings and manufactories there are? I can definitely see a cathedral, maybe a tavern and some sort of army camp on the top line, and a brewery and a shipyard in the manufactories section...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh boy, now I'll have to come up with a pile list of Ottoman public works.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

Didn't check the new EU III stuff for a while - but I have to say it looks better and better I really love that also here attention is paid to the details (nice little gfx like for example on the CoA which add a lot of "atmosphere).
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

Antipope
    Europa Universalis 3Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

You can make a good guess they'll have a refinery (1st one with barrels) naval manufactory (2nd one with boat) arms manufactory (3rd one with cannon) the fourth looks like a good manufactory then perhaps a university and a catherdral?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

The Cathedral seems the one on the top left corner of the improvements building, being grayed out because it's already built. I'd say the Fine Arts Academy is the extra one.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    Weve all come to the conclusion that football is not a real sport, and only icehockey is relevant.
    Finally you have seen the Light!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatia1871
    Hmmmm, interesting - particularly with the HRE and Papal icons on the sidebar in the bottom right corner (and the University popup box cruelly covering up any others which might be below them!).
    Actually its not, theres nothing in that spot yet
    Markusw7 I'm so powerful i made Paris Hilton a productive member of society.
    Scipio Aemilius *Bows in reverence and admiration*

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

One thing in the files which I think is odd:
    Code:
    Um surely you can't add new tags like min_demand? I'm going to have to look back through the old diaries now...
    "Losers " -Kaigon

Procrastinator extraordinaire Registered's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by tombom
    One thing in the files which I think is odd:
    Code:
    Um surely you can't add new tags like min_demand? I'm going to have to look back through the old diaries now...
    I'm pretty sure he means resource tags. e.g. Grain.
    "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity"
    Yeats

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast