• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42723)

Field Marshal
Apr 6, 2005
These are mainly to give those nations own sprites which normally use German sprites, something I didn't like.

Please note: To make these work you need to edit the file "country.csv", see for details below under "Installation".

I decided against providing my own country.csv, since people may have modded their own file already (so did I) and using my file would overwrite these changes. The edit is very simple though :)

So what's in? Look at the Previews:

Hun: Me-109 fighter, Ju-86 bomber, Ju-87 CAS, Turan tank
Rom: IAR 80 fighter, PZL-37 Los bomber, Skoda R2 tank
Bul: Avia B.135 fighter, Do 17 E bomber, T-35 tank

The tank for Rom and Bul is actually the same, since both used the Czech model also used by Germany as T-35. The Turan for Hun uses the same chassis, but has some major differences.

The PZL 37 bomber for ROM is Polish built, many planes were flown to Romania after Poland was attacked be Ger, then confiscated and so used by Romania.

Download (updated 04 Dec 2009 new location):
http://www.filefront.com/15057469/Axis_Minors01.zip

Installation:

1. The files: if you unzip the downloaded file, it should create a folder called "gfx" under Axis_Minors01. Drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the correct destination.

2. Editing the country.csv: Now you have to tell the game to use the new sprites instead the German gfx. The country.csv is under ..\HOI Doomsday\db

Find these lines:

BUL;LightBrown;BUL;GER;X
HUN;DarkYellow;HUN;GER;X
ROM;DarkOrange;ROM;GER;X

Change them to:

BUL;LightBrown;BUL;BUL;X
HUN;DarkYellow;HUN;HUN;X
ROM;DarkOrange;ROM;ROM;X

Don't change anything else, save, and play with your new gfx :)

Last edited:
Just three words: F**king nice job!

Bebro...excellent stuff as usual!

Id love to see you try your hand at some alternate history stuff...the sheer amount of mods out there could use some decoration.

Personally- Id love to see your take on some Confederate States armour and planes...hint hint ;) (not too subtle I hope :) )

Wonderful! I LOVE IT!

Awesome! These rock!

KorPlayer said:
Awesome! That'll add to my collection of all your other sprites. :)

Just wondering, is it just me or does it seem like the load time is getting slower as I add more gfx files?

Yes seems to me too....that's the price for having a lot more files to deal with. But even on my weak machine playing itself is still ok.

having troubles in modifying country.csv file

Hi BeBro, I really appreciate your works, I have all of them installed on my game..Keep up the excellent work!
Anyway, I experience a problem when I try to modify country.csv file as per your instruction, in order to let BUL, HUN & ROM use their own sprites. When I open the file, modify as per your instructions, then save the file, Office tells me that the modifications make the file not compatible with the CSV format, so I cannot save the changes. The only thing I can do is to save the file in another format. If I force the file to be CSV format, the game crashes. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe it is simply something wrong with MOffice?

Please help,
Thanks in advance

Nemesys

Nemesys said:
Hi BeBro, I really appreciate your works, I have all of them installed on my game..Keep up the excellent work!
Anyway, I experience a problem when I try to modify country.csv file as per your instruction, in order to let BUL, HUN & ROM use their own sprites. When I open the file, modify as per your instructions, then save the file, Office tells me that the modifications make the file not compatible with the CSV format, so I cannot save the changes. The only thing I can do is to save the file in another format. If I force the file to be CSV format, the game crashes. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe it is simply something wrong with MOffice?

Please help,
Thanks in advance

Nemesys

Never, ever (ever) use Excel to edit any Paradox files. Use Notepad, Wordpad or Word instead.

Jebus said:
Never, ever (ever) use Excel to edit any Paradox files. Use Notepad, Wordpad or Word instead.

really? even the files that are by default opened by Excel?