• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42723)

Field Marshal
Apr 6, 2005
This is the first update for my unit sprites. This time it's air units, which means you can expect updates for my ships and land units as well during the next weeks.

This pack contains all air units from the CAS pack and the FGT/INT pack plus some additional, completely new FGT/INT sprites, so that all majors in the game have now a custom sprite for both INT and FGT. I also fixed several little gfx glitches on some of the older sprites. If there are still problems, please report them.

The air units for minors are not in here, they will be kept separately.

Download v2.1 (new location 7 Juni 2009):
http://wwwnew.filefront.com/13866708/Air_v2_1.zip
(3,2MB zip, unzipped ca. 40 MB)

Installation:

- After unzipping, it should create a folder called "gfx" under air_v2. Simply drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the neccessary destination from there, so you should be ready to play then. Be aware that original sprites will be overwritten, so you may want to backup them before.

- I would recommend to install these on a fresh game installation. They should work in any case even if you just install them over the old sprites, but there were quite many unneeded files in the old version (I wasn't aware at that time that certain files are unused by the game), so you get a "cleaner" install when you use this version on a fresh DD/DDA installation. This may play a role esp. on slower machines (not sure, but that's what I'd expect).

Models in detail (Int/Fgt/CAS):

- Eng: Hawker Hurricane, Supermarine Spitfire, DeHavilland DH98 Mosquito
- Fra: Bloch MB152, Dewoitine D520 (moved to fgt since this corresponds better with the models.csv), Breguet693
- Ger: Messerschmitt Bf109, Focke-Wulf FW190, Junkers Ju 87
- Ita: Macchi MC200, Macchi MC202, Breda Ba65
- Jap: Kawasaki Ki61, Nakajima Ki43/44, Mitsubishi Ki51
- Sov: Yakovlev Yak9, Lavochkin La5/5FN, Ilyushin Il2
- USA: Republic P47 Thunderbolt, Northrop P51 Mustang, Lockheed P38 Lightning (orig. US fgt from P'dox)

Preview:

Last edited:
Very nice looking... and now that I found a thread that I know you will check, I'd like to ask permission to use your sprites in my Sprites Compendium... I tried PMing you several times but your PM box was full, so I went ahead and included them, but now that I can ask I think I will do so. You will (and have) been given full credit for your work.

Yeah, I just noticed today the box was full and deleted some msgs again....however, yes you can use them if credit is given. It's all free for non-commercial use :)

Thanks for the update Bebro, i just made a clean install of hoi2DD so this couldent come at a beter time, and with the new skif icons it will look great.

Also whats your next work, the naval pack or the land forces.

My request is that you make some ground troop sprites, like inf, mot, and tanks, but i know its alot of work i just think you could do great with them.

also could you post the link to your bulgarian/hungarian sprites, maybe u should put them in you sig so more people can know about them?

Hawk_345 said:
My request is that you make some ground troop sprites, like inf, mot, and tanks, but i know its alot of work i just think you could do great with them.
Yes, definitely. I haven't been able to find any Soviet, Japanese, or Chinese infantry sprites, so if you happened to do those... well... It would be great, wouldn't it?

Next update will be for ships. I only have to make some final touches, maybe I can get it out this weekend. Same pattern - putting together all "old" ships, some reworked, and will add several new ones.

This is a request

Could you posibly make some mot sprites, and my ideas are this, for the US the willys jeep with the 50 cal with 3 men onboard, for Britain the bedford covered truck, and for russia the zis truck, and for germany the opel blitz, france(im not sure what they used), Japan(i dont know the name of the truck, just how it looks)

I know it would be alot of work and im asking alot because thats all seperate sprites.

And then theres infantry sprites, but i cant ask everything, you are probably busy and of course real life comes first, i just wanted to throw the sugestion out there to see what you think and say, mot would be good to include with your mec pack.

Astounding. I've been waiting TWO years for this! Thank you, Bebro!

Now, even at the risk of sounding like a complete and ungrateful moron: did you think of doing some tacticals and, huh, maybe some strategic planes too? (ok, just tacticals).

In any case, your work is brilliant. Thank you again!

I uploaded a corrected version (v2.1), and edited the link into the first post. I'll see that I get it to Packman soon to have it on ModHOI too.

The following is in the first post as well:

Please note
The new version comes without the little problem with unneeded files causing errors. If you installed the previous (buggy) version before, just installing the new version over it does not remove the problem because there may be still bad files left. In this case, please see here how to fix it:
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7379216&postcount=14