• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42723)

Field Marshal
Apr 6, 2005
This mod changes unit sprites for tanks and mech. infantry for HOI2 Doomsday (DD) and Doomsday Armageddon (DDA). The zip contains all my previously spritesfor land units new sprites for Arm for the major nations, plus new and updated ones.

Changes v2
- added several sprites for motorized inf displaying trucks like Opel Blitz, Lancia 6ton, Laffly S15 etc.
- added marines for US and Jap displaying amphibious vehicles (LVT-2 and Type 4 Ka-Tsu)
- added mechanized inf for Jap (Type 1 Ho-Ha) and light armor for Ita (Carro Armato L 6/40)
- some sprites re-rendered for better quality or to fix little glitches
- optional: an alternative sprite for the German tank displaying a P V Panther (needs to be installed separately since it overwrite the P IV sprite normally used)

- Note: The mot. inf sprites display trucks in move and stand anims, but the "normal" infantry in combat, since mot inf usually fights dismounted. This means you need to have standard inf sprites installed to make it work.

Download v2 (updated 28 Juni 2009):
http://www.filefront.com/13941977/Land_v2.zip

Installation:

- After unzipping, it should create a folder called "gfx" under land_v2. Simply drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the neccessary destination from there, so you should be ready to play then. Be aware that these files will overwite original sprites, so I recommend to make backups.

Previews v1:

Previews v2:

Animated:

Alternative Ger Arm:

As always, feedback is welcome, and please report if there are any problems so that I can fix them.

Last edited:
Exactly, that's how they are made. That makes some nice animations possible which would be otherwise much more difficult to do just with standard 2d gfx software a la Photoshop etc. I use 2d to convert the rendered images into the right format for DD with correct palettes and shadows.

Those look great :) I have only one sugestion: please make sprite for garrisons to be different from infantry. If you'll make them, they mast look beautiful :D

zatarra said:
I can't see the heavy tank, mot and mech models. Theres only 1 model for tanks and mot and mech shows as infantry. What do i need to do?

Weird, because I can see them. Did you follow the instructions in the installation.txt file?

Also, there's no motorized sprites in these files, just Tanks and Mechs, unless I'm missing something, that is :).

zatarra said:
I can't see the heavy tank, mot and mech models. Theres only 1 model for tanks and mot and mech shows as infantry. What do i need to do?

Mot. is not included, this is only about Arm and Mec, and Mec only for certain countries (see the "models" part in the first post). What nation do you play?

As for the "one model" thing, multiple models don't seem to work for tanks in DD.

BeBro said:
Mot. is not included, this is only about Arm and Mec, and Mec only for certain countries (see the "models" part in the first post). What nation do you play?

As for the "one model" thing, multiple models don't seem to work for tanks in DD.

I'm playing as Germany. I reloaded the game and now all my tanks show as Arm instead of L.Arm. I thought this mod would give each unit a diferent model, that would be great, is there a way to do it in DD?

As Germany, you get one sprite for L-Arm, and one for Arm, and since L-Arm upgrades to Arm after a certain level, L-Arm sprites will vanish then from the map.

You should see Mec sprites as Ger (that is depending how you group them with other units - grouped with Arm in a ratio of 1-1 the game shows Arm for example, a Mec/Mec/Mot corps shows Mec etc., there are lots of different combinations possible).

Sprites for each level or model of Arm are not in this mod, and afaik it doesn't even work for tanks in DD, though I may test it later again, because it's a bit confusing in DD (seems to work for some unit types, like battleships, but not for others).