• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Leviathan07 said:
:eek: So Duhrn took a dagger in the chest and continued as if it was nothing?? The man scares me even more!!

seboden said:
I think it was only a flesh wound. ;)
Anyway great story arc, Yogi, can't wait for its conclusion. Or the world will end. :eek:

Eh-hrm... during his captivity with the High Priest Not To Be Described, Duhrn was cursed with quasi-instant healing of all physical damage done to him, so that he could be torn to pieces again and again during all eternity (since there is no death from old age in the Dreamlands) in the High Priests cruel torture chamber. That spell is still in effect, which is why Duhrn shrugged off the knife wound. Compared to what he endured again and again for God alone knows how long, it's truly nothing worthy of mention.

The Yogi said:
Eh-hrm... during his captivity with the High Priest Not To Be Described, Duhrn was cursed with quasi-instant healing of all physical damage done to him, so that he could be torn to pieces again and again during all eternity (since there is no death from old age in the Dreamlands) in the High Priests cruel torture chamber. That spell is still in effect, which is why Duhrn shrugged off the knife wound. Compared to what he endured again and again for God alone knows how long, it's truly nothing worthy of mention.
Great update.
I was suprised that Duhrn would get stabbed like that and not go down.

The Yogi said:
As for the orb... it is not forgotten. When the time is rigth, Fu will use it, and the world will tremble.
Can I get a head start on my trembling quota now? The anticipatory dread is really quite frightening. :(

And that's what I wrote before I read the latest update.

Guys, I know what the Commune of Chaos is trying to summon. To avoid spoiling plot details, I'm not going to say, but...

...let me just say that if however bad you think this is, it's worse. Lots worse.

Dinglehoff said:
Great update.
I was suprised that Duhrn would get stabbed like that and not go down.
Surprised me too.

Simon_Jester said:
Guys, I know what the Commune of Chaos is trying to summon. To avoid spoiling plot details, I'm not going to say, but...

...let me just say that if however bad you think this is, it's worse. Lots worse.
Yea...either it is Y-dude or C-dude...my bet is on the Y-dude since that is a wahy more dangerous opponent than C, atleast in those tunnels.

seboden said:
I think it was only a flesh wound. ;)
Anyway great story arc, Yogi, can't wait for its conclusion. Or the world will end. :eek:

I don't think your alternatives are mutually exclusive. After all, the world could end, couldn't it? ;) :cool:

I wonder if Duhrn or any of the Germans or if any of Fu's people know a similar or perhaps weaker version of the healing power that was put on Duhrn. It would be bad if Fu's super soldiers had regeneration abilities like Wolverine (the X Man).

Dinglehoff said:
I wonder if Duhrn or any of the Germans or if any of Fu's people know a similar or perhaps weaker version of the healing power that was put on Duhrn. It would be bad if Fu's super soldiers had regeneration abilities like Wolverine (the X Man).

One might wonder how long Duhrn's new ability will remain unnoticed by his superiors......

If it is noticed then either he will have to explain why he can't duplicate it or suffer the attentions of various "professional" medical people to ascertain what is going on.

Maybe the Commune of Chaos is the lesser of the two evils........ from Duhrn's perspective ;) :p

Lurken said:
Yea...either it is Y-dude or C-dude...my bet is on the Y-dude since that is a wahy more dangerous opponent than C, atleast in those tunnels.

Possibly - but consider it could be the A-dude. Now that could really ruin your day :eek:

Last edited:
Lurken said:
Nope.

Worse. Well, maybe not worse than Yog-Sothoth, but I expect it would be.

I predict that if the Commune succeeds, then things will start with a mushroom cloud and get worse from there. Of course, Yogi's interpretation of what's going on is probably going to differ from mine. But... invoking the nuclear chaos beyond angled space is a Really Bad Thing.

Derek Pullem said:
One might wonder how long Duhrn's new ability will remain unnoticed by his superiors......

If it is noticed then either he will have to explain why he can't duplicate it or suffer the attentions of various "professional" medical people to ascertain what is going on.
At this point, Duhrn is strong enough and well connected enough that he can probably replace his superiors. Nobody short of the Fuhrer himself, or maybe Himmler, has the kind of power base to make him get strapped down to an operating table if he doesn't want to be.

Besides which, nothing any German physician, even the really, really bad ones can do is likely to exceed the worst efforts of the High Priest Not To Be Described. It would be a lie to say Duhrn has nothing to worry about, but he has nothing to worry about that's anything like the stuff he's already had to face.

Thanks for the input, people! Let's just say some of you are better versed in HPL lore than others... :), and that Nuclear doesn't necessarily mean anything related with the splitting of the atom ;), but overall, your esoteric erudition is of a quite scary level. Are you all students from the University of the Miskatonic or have you just been taking extracurricular courses? :D

At least cthulhu has had the good grace not to reveal my ignorance on these things to the world; thanks for that Great Old One, and as a token of my gratitude let me remind you of that invitiation to visit casa Yogi for some grilled meat and cold or 18 deg C beverages before summer break is over. Yum yum!

I'm busy finishing the conclusion to this story arc, which means it will be a few days until it's published (since I need to finish the next update after that one first and have a fence to paint also). In the mean time, this is the last day to vote in the AARland Choice AwAARds 2008 Q2 so if some of you had been planning to vote there, now's the time to do it! ;)

I have extensive studies in that field. Due to creation of a intensive RPG campaign that scared the crap out of my poor players...

So consider me atleast a minor at esoretic knowledge about the Old Ones and related issues. Oh, a beer at Casa Yogi? Would be swell, but what is the catch?

I never played Chuthlu but I have an extensive library on witchcraft and demonology due to the nature of my work. ALso I used Lovecraftian beings in my roleplaying games.

I am not saying anything btw.

Marvelous update. DW

The Yogi said:
Thanks for the input, people! Let's just say some of you are better versed in HPL lore than others... :), and that Nuclear doesn't necessarily mean anything related with the splitting of the atom ;),
You're right; it doesn't. My prediction is based on Derleth-canon, in which nuclear does have something to do with the splitting of the atom.

However, I have noted before that Derleth-canon and Yogi-canon need not overlap.

As for my scary erudition, I've picked up a lot of fragments off the Internet. I haven't actually read that much Lovecraft; only The Color out of Space and At the Mountains of Madness. And, as I noted once before, I have a trick memory for inane details.

Dead William said:
I never played Chuthlu but I have an extensive library on witchcraft and demonology due to the nature of my work. ALso I used Lovecraftian beings in my roleplaying games.

I am not saying anything btw.

Marvelous update. DW
:eek:o what kind of work would that be? *shudder*

Oh and Yogi, please don't take what I wrote as criticism. It's just that I read the parts about Xaltotun and the Dreamland (and the search for Attila's tomb) last winter, sitting in a decrepit apartment in Munich overlooking the river Isar and the German museum, while a storm was howling outside and it was generally a very very scary atmosphere. :D I don't think I have enjoyed a horror story that much since I was twelve or so. So those chapters will always have a special place in my heart even if your updates soar from one mountaintop of storytelling to another. ;) I love you !!! So much I would want to lock you into my basement, chain you to a corner and have you write stories for me until the end of your life. Only for me. A really strong love. Oh if you only knew. Muahahahahaha....

Don't worry, Yogi!

If he tries to hoard the fruits of your creative genius all for himself, the rest of us will strike back!

I'm sure we can organize a suitable commando raid for such a good cause. You'll be free in no time.