• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That will be hell, not just another war. But I hope you'll win - captain Żółkiewski may be a great asset in this conflict ;).

This is going to be bloody...

Just defeat your weaker enemies with all you got. You will lose some land to Hungarians but they ought to be not able to stand against you alone.

Wonderful, an update! :)
I'd suggest that you don't try to hold on to the Carpathian mountains at all costs. If the enemy seems to be stronger - retreat, let them drain themselves sieging the province. Take out the northern enemies decisively, wait a bit until your armies are fully reinforced, and proceed to kick the Arpads in their behinds.

Well deserved wins , thrashing mad !! Many many congratulations ! I also mentioned you and your amazing AAR in my acceptance speech at the ACA . I hope you come down to the ACA thread too and make a speech of your own !

Hums Lechienreich / uber alles! :D
Heute die Nordosteuropareichs!
Morgan der Heiligedeutschenreich!!!

I'm sure someone could say the same things in Polish, but it just wouldn't have the same ring, I think... :D

Oh, and good job winning things! I was #5, I think... :D
j.

Last edited:
That's Monty Python german, but it sounds teutonic somehow, very funny to my eyes/ears! *giggle*

(no offense meant)

The strategy is a huge gamble but it has potential, of course, personally I think death to the Hungarians is the answer in this situation- as it often is in this AAR. And you said they weren't a real threat anymore...

Thank you for voting people :D ! Those two awards are motivation kick to continue this huge AAR :cool:

canonized, RGB, Grubnessul - This is going to be tough fight indeed

stephanbathory - If you mean order of declaring war then yes

Jan Skrzetuski - Well I can tell you in secret that I didn`t use this name accidentally ;)

EvilSanta, Legolas - I will try to keep them at bay, I only have to defend one province to stop them, we`ll see how it would work

Llywelyn - Ughh, thanks =) Lechienreich - thast sounds nice :cool:

JimboIX - Well, I thought that they were not threat anymore, but it seems that they will never learn. I was quite surprised by their attack.

cloneof
- Sorry mate, do not die ;)

Update tomorrow, I promise .

One more thing. From these time forward you can call me Major :cool:

Llywelyn said:
Hums Lechienreich / uber alles! :D
Heute die Nordosteuropareichs!
Morgan der Heiligedeutschenreich!!!

I'm sure someone could say the same things in Polish, but it just wouldn't have the same ring, I think... :D

Oh, and good job winning things! I was #5, I think... :D
j.

I think it's the spelling and pronounciation that would kill most people. You try saying Dzien Dzisiejszy Europu Wschodnu (TM - am I gettting it right or are my noun cases incorrect?)

RGB said:
I think it's the spelling and pronounciation that would kill most people. You try saying Dzien Dzisiejszy Europu Wschodnu (TM - am I gettting it right or are my noun cases incorrect?)

If you meant something like 'Todays day of Eastern Europe' then it should be 'Dzień Dzisiejszy Europy Wschodniej' - almost, i`m impressed :)

It's "today, Eastern Europe" in Lly's German - which I take to mean "today we take Eastern Europe"

Meh, I gave it a shot. I read Polish somewhat but I can't write it. :D

Eastern Europe rocked bevore 21st century, now it is just fallen nations, forgotten by their past allies, tring to re-build from scratch of Warsow Pact.

I hope you can change that.

cloneof - hey it`s not bad here, we are not so fallen :) I`ve lived in London for some time - there is small difference in eg. living standards, we are slowly chasing western Europe :cool:

Duke of Wellington - Thank you Duke :)

So here comes promised update, but still it`s relatively small.

HISTORY OF THE WHITE EAGLE

szczerbiecuh1.jpg

Wladyslaw I the Fair-haired(Jasnowłosy)
1458 - 1476

portret.gif

Part III

With the beginning of September 1459 war started for good. King Wladyslaw I decided to deal with Duke of Prussia at first, and hastened his knights in their march northwards, recruiting peasants on their way. In the meantime Janusz I with his strong army reached town of Warsaw, and began siege. After week impatient Duke rode himself to the walls, giving city official choice of surrender or assault, pillage and deaths. Seeing brave and furious Duke, and remembering his infamous cruelty during Civil War, small garrison of Warsaw surrendered and opened gates.

Wladyslaw wasn`t surprised when he encountered Ducal army blocking his way to Warsaw, he was just disappointed. Janusz I arrayed his army on a small hill, overlooking muddy fields to the south - excellent killing ground for bolts of his crossbowmen. He commanded around four thousand men - knights, spearmen and pavise crossbowmen. Polish king had six thousand men under his command from which two thousand were peasant levies, rest - mounted crossbowmen and knights.

Duke Janusz sent message to Wladyslaw, in which 'old friend invited his majesty to a feast, to negotiate peace conditions, without unnecessary bloodshed'. Janusz I was indeed friend of Wladyslaw, when he helped him to throw off his brother Konrad from Polish throne. But King just laughed that idea, and told messengers that Duke have to prepare for battle.

Deployment.gif

Thus, next morning battle started. Knowing that muddy fields prevent straight attack tactic, Wladyslaw sent his lighter mounted crossbowmen at enemy flank, and ordered peasants to slowly advance at enemy positions. After several minutes Polish light cavalry reached enemy flank. Seeing huge Ducal standard, they aimed at Janusz and his guard.

Duke of Prussia suspected that by this maneuver, Wlasyslaw wanted him to spoil his defensive line, so instead of pursuit after royal light horsemen, he placed regiment of his pavise crossbowmen to face them. Hiding behind their large pavise shields, ducal marksmen quickly killed many mounted crossbowmen, suffering minimal losses.

Seeing that half of enemy crossbowmen were gone from frontal ranks, Wladyslaw finally decided to advance upon enemy with his knights. Relieved by view of advancing king, sergeant of royal light cavalry decided to simply charge at Prussian crossbowmen. In this moment Duke Janusz lost his confidence, he didn`t know whether to help his crossbowmen, or hold formation to deal with advancing Wladyslaw.

In few moments, Polish knights reached distance needed to charge enemy. Wladyslaw himself, leaded them galloping in front rank in the middle of formation. However, second regiment of Prussian crossbowmen noticed crowned figure, shouting orders to his knights, and all of them opened fire at Polish king. Many elite royal guardsmen were lethally shot, while Wladyslaw was unluckily grazed, loosing his left eye. But furious king and his knights kept charging, piercing, crushing, and trampling their foes.

Bitwa-3.gif

At this point of battle personal skills, equipment and morale were counting. After long and bloody combat, royal forces began to gain upper hand. Finally, after death of Duke Janusz, and loss of their standard, Ducal army began massive retreat, and battle was won.

Victory at Warsaw meant end of Prussian army, but Ducal cities didn`t want to surrender easily. Till end of year, Wladyslaw was besieging key towns and castles of Prussia. At the end of December only port of Danzig was still defending - King left levies to finish siege, advancing with his knights east - to Lithuania.

During those months provinces of Samogitia and Greater Lithuania fell into hands of Duke of Kurland, and cities of Minsk and Grodno were besieged.

Kampania-3.gif

In the south, despite one small attack, Hungarians were passive, gathering their forces. Polish army under command of Jan Żółkiewski, successfully reached their destination. Captain was hoping that coming winter would stop countless Hungarian forces from crossing Carpathian mountains...

Zimaidziewgrach.gif