Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India - Patchnotes and Ask us anything! [2.1.1 CFYM]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I understand correctly it is no longer possible to change culture/faith of your children by any means?

That is absolutely not cool, I liked to change my catholic croatia to muslim if I had the chance to, it gave new playstyles and made the game interesting. I also liked being able to switch from catholic to orthodox as I like the orthodox playstyle more. This is not cool.

No, what's been changed is that if you, say, have a random Sunni in your court as a Catholic king, then having that Sunni educate your children won't make them Muslim or Arabic at all.

However, if you send your kid to be educated by a courtier in a Sunni vassal's court, then the kid can change to Sunni because the employer of their guardian is Sunni. I think from what the patchnotes imply, it'll also be more likely for the AI in different realms to accept guardianship of your children.

If you wanted to convert a child of yours to Judaism, for example, then you could just give a Jewish courtier land, and then have them or one of their courtiers educate your children. Thus, they could become Jewish. At least, that's what I picked up from what the devs have been saying.

Have you added any new playable Zoroastrian (or Zoroastrian heresy) characters to ToG start and if yes, where? The Twich feed was bit unclear in this regard as it talked about "Spreading Zoroastrians around a bit" and showed two new count vassals in Saffarid realm.

Has the AI of Merchant Republics been improved to handle the two separate oceans? (e.g.: If I create the Wali-Emir of Oman under my Sultanate of Arabia, he won't start building trade posts in Jerusalem, Constantinople, and Venice until I control the Suez (or at least land on the side of the Mediterranean)

The mechanics has been slightly changed so you can only reach one of the oceans at any given time. To keep things simple you can only build trade posts in the ocean you as patrician have your capital in. So a patrician in Venice for instance won't be able to build in India. But if he conquers ground and moves his capital there he would be able to build trade ports in the Indian ocean.

I thought I read somewhere that raiders were exempt from the new attrition system, but I can't find anything about it anymore.
If it is true, wouldn't it be possible to declare war, put your army in raiding mode, and then toggle back to normal once you arrive at the target? Thus effectively skipping the neutral part and jumping straight into enemy territory where you can get suplies again.

The mechanics has been slightly changed so you can only reach one of the oceans at any given time. To keep things simple you can only build trade posts in the ocean you as patrician have your capital in. So a patrician in Venice for instance won't be able to build in India. But if he conquers ground and moves his capital there he would be able to build trade ports in the Indian ocean.

Wait, does this mean that Republics can move their capitals now, without becoming feudal realms?

I will be playing in the office MP now here: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

But I will try to keep an eye on this thread and answer questions whenever I can.
In the mean time join in and see me get trashed :D

I thought I read somewhere that raiders were exempt from the new attrition system, but I can't find anything about it anymore.
If it is true, wouldn't it be possible to declare war, put your army in raiding mode, and then toggle back to normal once you arrive at the target? Thus effectively skipping the neutral part and jumping straight into enemy territory where you can get suplies again.

They are not completly exempt, they have different circumstances, yes they can "forage" from neutrals by staying and siege but that will also make them hostile towards you. Also their boats will provide "supplies" for them.

Previously, I believe Tulunids were hardcoded to avoid going to Nubia and rolling over it as Abyssinia/Nubia were quite weak. Is this still in place as east Africa has been revamped and is, until something unites it, even weaker than before.

Are the khitan in any of the start dates?

Will there be republics in the Indian ocean at any start date?

What are the Ibadi heresies? I didn't are them in the change log.

What exactly is s secondary event picture?

Will it always be the faction leader who gets the temporary title?

In case of a "Claim Title" revolt it would make more sense for the title claimant to gain the title, as the members of the faction see him as the rightful ruler.

Status
Not open for further replies.