Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India - Patchnotes and Ask us anything! [2.1.1 CFYM]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to ask if you could incorporate two small bug fixes, that are already available as the mods:

1. Missing localization for coa_plain_pagan for Rule Designer/Customizer Pack.
Bug report: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?693516-Pagan-CoA-Designing-Bug
Mod with fix: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?761177-MicroMod-Fix-for-missing-localization-in-Rule-Designer-Customization-Pack. This mod is made by me, and contains only one line of text:
Code:
coa_plain_pagan;Plain;Pur;Einfach;;Simple;;;;;;;;;x;

2. Part of the eye visible under blinding graphic:

Bug report: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?693264-Graphics-glich-African-portraits-blinded-woman-has-eyes&highlight=CK2+Portrait+Fixes
Mod with fix: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?664856-MOD-CK2-Portrait-Fixes&highlight=CK2+Portrait+Fixes. Rest of this mod was included in patch v1.101, so probably author will allow to include also this fix.

Both fixes are working with v2.0.4.

I would like to also ask if there are any chances to have Aztec bookmark in the game (as proposed here) to allow to play them in ironman mode, without additional burden? This will probably need addition to support bookmarks with custom history file, but in future will allow other fantasy scenarios to be included in mods (e.g. Zombie bookmark for CKZ).

Can you tell us some of the new achievements?

Cool, compressed saves in vanilla! Now I don't have to worry about compressing the save game directory!

Last week Doomdark said we'd get to look at the new portraits. I know that there's that thread from yesterday with screenshots from that Polish site, but those are awfully grainy jpgs. Any chance we can get done uncompressed shots of the new Indian portraits? Particularly including females, since the Poles did not have any to show us?

"Strengthened adventurers in general"

Eh, is this a good idea? From what I hear, everyone thinks they already are TOO powerful, unknown characters building massive armies out of Nothing!

How does diplomatic range change with the size of your realm; especially when it comes to conquering provinces in a certain direction? If I conquer a province at my current limit, can I then conquer twice as far away? Does this scale with the number of provinces I conquer, or would it not matter if I took a barony or a kingdom?

Short story, the distance is calculated from your border, so if you as Byzantine conquer all of Persia you will be able to reach India.

"Strengthened adventurers in general"

Eh, is this a good idea? From what I hear, everyone thinks they already are TOO powerful, unknown characters building massive armies out of Nothing!

Especially since you will no longer get an opinion bonus to help prevent you're vassals from factioning against you during it.

Short story, the distance is calculated from your border, so if you as Byzantine conquer all of Persia you will be able to reach India.

Is the range moddable?

In the stream it was confirmed that Ibadi would become it's own religion, but I can't find anything about it in the patchnotes. Is it still going to lose it's heresy status?

Excellent!

Another question: Have the amount and/or frequency of faction event troops changed with the changes to the faction system?

- Characters will no longer get 'Marriage Ties' opinion bonus towards their spouse.

Is there any bonus towards your spouse now? Seems like there should be *something*...

- Characters now lose the ambition to get married upon becoming eunuchs or homosexual

Is this really necessary? "Suspected" homosexuals did marry, and for people playing Primo or Gavelkind this really throws a wrench in things to not even be able to be married? Surely someone who's homosexual can at least carry the pretense and gain the benefits of being married, even with the negative fertility modifier. (see: Edward II)

- Added a negative opinion modifier for vassal kings vs their emperor liege

Ok, this is one of the few that I outright disagree with. There's already hardly any reason to actually HAVE vassals, let alone powerful ones, and now there's yet another discouragement from creating high-level vassals? Really? I understand that Kings are going to feel resentful that there's anyone above them, but from a playing standpoint I think we should be strengthening the feudal system instead of continually discouraging it. I guess it's designed to cut down on the "find person with claim on Kingdom of France, land person, press claim" trick, but I'm wondering whether the solution is worse than the problem itself. Regardless, if it was designed to "fix" that, I wish that some other solution could have been found instead.

- Will now keep attrition-free event troops mostly consolidated instead of spreading them out.

Is this true for Mongols as well? Or is it primarily with the 30k adventurer event troops, etc?

Does the decision-formed HRE start out Agnatic Elective, or does it copy your primary succession laws?

Edit: Are the "real_tier" etc. checks for marriages to revolt leaders, or is there something else?

Is this really necessary? "Suspected" homosexuals did marry, and for people playing Primo or Gavelkind this really throws a wrench in things to not even be able to be married? Surely someone who's homosexual can at least carry the pretense and gain the benefits of being married, even with the negative fertility modifier.

They can still marry, they just don't have an ambition to get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.