Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India - Patchnotes and Ask us anything! [2.1.1 CFYM]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any bonus towards your spouse now? Seems like there should be *something*...

The thing is, there might be nothing.

-Children, incapable characters and prisoners can no longer join factions

Wouldn't a steward ruling in the name of an incapable ruler decide over the political actions of the state? Same thing goes for prisoners and children, though it should be limited as the child grows older.

-Constructing baronies now makes the barony a vassal to the county holder instead of the builder

Why? If I build a castle, it's my castle unless I specifically give it away to someone which would improve my relations with him. The way it is is the way to go.

Everything else sounds pretty awesome.

Performance optimisation - what exactly has been done in this area? Is it purely graphical, or is the event engine overhauled as well for faster speed?

If so, any advice for modders on how to write events (e.g. put quicker checks first, so there's less to evaluate per character), and any advice on which triggers are the fastest to evaluate now?

Is manifest_destiny_invasion part of the "Mongol roadmap" fix, or can we get them somehow? Is there anything special about it (who can be called in, what happens on enforce demands/surrender), or does it work like a regular invasion?

-Constructing baronies now makes the barony a vassal to the county holder instead of the builder

Why? If I build a castle, it's my castle unless I specifically give it away to someone which would improve my relations with him. The way it is is the way to go.

Whoops that was not supposed to be there. It was something we tested but was not final and removed and it happened to slink past into the change-log. Removing it now. :blush:

So it is now also impossible to convert your vassal's culture?

Vassals don't have employers, it only applies to courtiers.

With Buddhist realms having bonuses to tech, do they still only have 'Indian' tech when converting a CK II game to EU IV? What parameters need to be filled for them to have higher tech levels than that in a converted game?

With Buddhist realms having bonuses to tech, do they still only have 'Indian' tech when converting a CK II game to EU IV? What parameters need to be filled for them to have higher tech levels than that in a converted game?

Basically the same as everyone else, High tech, hold key provinces in Europe. If you find that too hard you can now also script what is the key provinces in Europe ;)

Vassals don't have employers, it only applies to courtiers.

I was more thinking about their heirs (since most vassals are adult anyway)
Those are courtiers in the court of the vassal, and thus that vassal is the employer and blocks the culture conversion.
Or am I understanding something terribly wrong here?

Performance optimisation - what exactly has been done in this area? Is it purely graphical, or is the event engine overhauled as well for faster speed?

If so, any advice for modders on how to write events (e.g. put quicker checks first, so there's less to evaluate per character), and any advice on which triggers are the fastest to evaluate now?

There hasn't been any graphical optimizations, but many parts of the game logic has been improved with more efficient methods. It's all under the hood and nothing is should be required to change.
As for events, I implemented a trigger optimizer which reorders and modifies triggers for the previous expansion so it's nothing new.

So if I understand correctly it is no longer possible to change culture/faith of your children by any means?

That is absolutely not cool, I liked to change my catholic croatia to muslim if I had the chance to, it gave new playstyles and made the game interesting. I also liked being able to switch from catholic to orthodox as I like the orthodox playstyle more. This is not cool.

Are you using lovers,friends and rival more or are those just for modding?
Do my wife get opinion manual when I take my first lover? and her not anymore being my "true love"?

So if I understand correctly it is no longer possible to change culture/faith of your children by any means?

That is absolutely not cool, I liked to change my catholic croatia to muslim if I had the chance to, it gave new playstyles and made the game interesting. I also liked being able to switch from catholic to orthodox as I like the orthodox playstyle more. This is not cool.

I think you still can, you just have to send them off to be taught in another realm (thereby having to face all the diplomatic effects such an action gives, such as having your hands tied if you want to declare war).

Are you using lovers,friends and rival more or are those just for modding?
Do my wife get opinion manual when I take my first lover? and her not anymore being my "true love"?

Lovers have been reworked a bit. Friends and Rivals is mostly just for modders.

You can't have your wife as a lover if you also have other lovers and vice versa.

His employer means his direct liege, and sending him to another court to be educated does not give him a new liege so he would not change culture.

I'm not sure I understand this. Surely my vassal's chancellor's employer is my vassal, yes? So, in the example, given, wouldn't the child be at the court of my vassal, i.e. the teacher's employer, thereby possibly gaining the culture of my vassal?

Has the AI of Merchant Republics been improved to handle the two separate oceans? (e.g.: If I create the Wali-Emir of Oman under my Sultanate of Arabia, he won't start building trade posts in Jerusalem, Constantinople, and Venice until I control the Suez (or at least land on the side of the Mediterranean)

Will the unified faction revolt title appear in the political map view? What is an example of a title they are given?

They get a temporary title named something like 'French Revolt', so their realm will appear to be called 'French Revolt' in independent realms view.

With the Reworking of the Decadence system. Will the Ash'ari school be inadvertently nerfed, considering decadence won't apply to every dynasty character? Do they get some sort of extra benefit cause the Piety bonus alone seems a bit lack luster.

Status
Not open for further replies.