• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This thread reminds me of speedrunning in that it's also a treasure hunt aimed at finding just how badly you can break the game. Good luck DDRJake!

Yeah, I used to speed run games casually. I really enjoy watching the SDA charity marathons and I like to think this is how those runners feel when they suddenly discover a new sequence break. The most enjoyable part of this playthrough has been gazing at the screen glassy-eyed thinking "How does this work...I wonder if I can get it to work to my advantage"

Although I miss playing EU4 "normally". I can't wait for this Ryukyun hell to end.

I'm interested how you will deal with the clusterfak that is an unformed HRE

Most members of the HRE dropped out of the coalition. high prestige + full religious ideas * over 20 years of peace while I fight with the Ottoman and deal with the fallout means that me AE with many members (and pretty much everyone) reduced to near nothing, even to some countries who I ripped to shreds. Some countries just have a grudge that will never end though, like France and Aragon.

And that will not be a problem soon. I am declaring wars against said HRE members who are out of the coalition. I concede defeat to the emperor giving him a massive +25 authority. The empire will be unified soon enough!

I couldn't sleep until I read whole thread. :)
But it was worth it and I'm looking forward to seeing more updates.

Thanks for reading.

I for one enjoy it for what it is. Finding ridiculous exploits takes great creativity and intellect, and ultimately helps polish up the game.

Paradox just need a more thorough QC department. A longer demo period with time set aside to deal with these crushing bugs would be ideal, but hey, they're the devs and I'm just the grubby player. Of course, where there are game-killing bugs, there are always game-breaking exploits. Most of the ideas have either come from poking at new mechanics and trying things they wouldn't have thought of, or looking at mechanics directly ripped from EU3 and checking to see if old tricks work, or if they can be used to my advantage with.

I'm glad you enjoy it though. I'll be satisfied if all these bugs can be crushed and when Ryukyu is over, I can enjoy a relatively bug-free semi peaceful trading game.

So thanks again to you, zaikantos. Here's the result of much experimentation.

There is something I just do not like about reloading to avoid everyday bad events. It's hardly the most broken bug there is, but I'm firmly against it.

Although...what about good events?

---

CFc76C7.jpg

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea how this bug triggers or how to get rid of it. The "integrating Ryukyu" event went away but the patriot/nationalist sentiment events still pop up, as does the revolt event. I've tried several ways to get this trick to be reproducible, saving, reloading, re-saving, force crashing upon good events popping up, letting months tick over, not letting them, trying to time it to save on the final day of an event or not.

In the end, the game stuck me with this. It's not exactly infinite stability, but it'll be useful.

6CqFelb.jpg

So what does this mean? It's not a complete game changer, but at least my final 100 years are clear as crystal. I am going to integrate all of my vassals as quickly as possible. with eased relations, I can even get England and Ottomans much faster than anticipated. As soon as these loyal fools are all brought into the fold, I'll simply rip through the entire world, balls to the walls ignoring AE.

Ahh, but that won't work! Every vassal integrated gives a -30 malus with all other vassals, even with eased tensions it'll never work fast enough.

I looked around all of the code to see all the opinion modifiers.

Code:
opinion_annex_vassal = {
	opinion = -30
	years = 20
	yearly_decay = 1

What a jackpot. No matter how low you get that annex_vassal malus, it goes away after 20 years! I give it maybe 50 years before all these vassals are mine, leaving me with a fairly tight but feasible 50 years to rip through the rest of the world. So let's get to work!

f9Skhgd.jpg

A grand total of one of those provinces defected to Khazak, Better than nothing

7cViPmxh.jpg

I take a moment to spend some DIP before I hit the limit.

AwA4G9Ah.jpg

I had taken 3 provinces from Lithuania and gifted them to Ukraine moment before annexation. Lovely cores. I absolutely hate that the optimal way to play by miles is such a roundabout way of gaming the system.

6TJHOtmh.jpg

Preparing for the 50-year steamroll, I get myself acquainted with the Berbers. It feels so good to be able wreck someone else's troops. I really adore the fairly deep combat mechanics. It takes a bit of investigation to understand how it all works, but all the information is right there, and there is no justification for calling the game a cheat.

m2aXAbBh.jpg

A few decades to prepare for total war. My OE is nice and low and my religious unity is rising to make up for my plummeting republican tradition.

Hopefully, there will be no hitches in my plan and the next update will be the beginning of a literal world war.

I don't know if you know this already, but your relations with your vassals only matter when you send the diplomat to annex them. If you have the diplomats to spare, you can send a diplomat to annex one vassal right before another vassal is fully annexed to avoid the relation penalty from causing a problem. But seeing as you're so amazing at this game, you probably already knew that. :)

hmm ... +200 relations will be insanely useful for annexing all your vassals

wait , you're second in the game while you are obviously the strongest power?
tech/ideas are worth a lot it seems ...

wait , you're second in the game while you are obviously the strongest power?

The ranking isn't a measure of your current standing, it's your total standing over time. Kind of like a cumulative king of the hill timer as opposed to who is king of the hill at the moment. France etc. builds up a lot of points during the early game, so even if they're wiped out, they'll still have top ranking for a long time.

I would suggest you continue attacking local powers and ripping them apart and keeping their towns burnt to ground before finally entering the End Wars era. :p

Also, do you think you shall have enough diplomatic power in the end for many fast wars with lot of provinces being annexed?

I'm so looking forward for that total war! :laugh:
So any hint on how that expiration works? Does 'newer' vassal annexation simply refresh the timer? or is it a separate timer for each penalty?

I'm so looking forward for that total war! :laugh:
So any hint on how that expiration works? Does 'newer' vassal annexation simply refresh the timer? or is it a separate timer for each penalty?

They are all one combined penalty, and no matter how much you accrue, it will all go away after 20 years of your most recent successful integration. I did the testing for Jake on this, and in 1480 I had -150 vassal malice, exactly one day before it expired in 1500, I still had a -80 penalty, but the very next day, it all disappeared. Saving about 25 years worth of waiting for any future vassals.

They are all one combined penalty, and no matter how much you accrue, it will all go away after 20 years of your most recent successful integration. I did the testing for Jake on this, and in 1480 I had -150 vassal malice, exactly one day before it expired in 1500, I still had a -80 penalty, but the very next day, it all disappeared. Saving about 25 years worth of waiting for any future vassals.
Thanks for the clarification!
That is indeed very useful knowledge. Now more syncing up to do :)

So you got a +60 relation (probably on one of the many ingame reloads - on my pc it hangs out, doesn't finish, seems a little bugged) event that somehow transformed in to a bug that gives +200 relations to everyone in the world?

I think he got the +60 relations event whenever he loaded the game up, so he loaded the game up 4 times to get +200 relations.

Jesus.

I mean, Jake.

I was here before the restart, I have read Pink and the EU3 Ryukyu WC - I have read most of the topmost EU3 AAR's, this being the first EU4 AAR I read.

This one is the only one I have ever responded to.

I will not rest until Ryukyu will be written across the entire globe.

EDIT: I didn't know this was my absolute first post as well. It appears as if you have taken my virginity, popped my cherry. Take it as it comes, Jake.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can't believe I haven't posted in here yet. Anyway, I've been following it since it was only 5 pages or so.

Is 50 years really enough to blitz the rest of the world? The only way I could see you doing it without overextension killing you is if you designed it such that you reduced every other nation in the world to annexable size before the final push, and then declared war on everyone in the world at once. Then, after ever non-Ryukyuan province was occupied, annexing every remaining nation on Earth.