• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this is terrible. I cannot stop thinking about it. I cannot play my save now. Seriously, take our money. We will overpay you if you finish it sooner :D

PS: no more D3 :D we had enough bad sequels recently

Not sure I'm keen on the idea of restricting us once again to historical leaders and historical events for our nations rather than the more open style EUIII has. After all, we don't want something like "the partition of Burgundy" between Austria and France if Burgundy is crushing them both into the ground...

If certain situations weren't lined up, things like the War of the Roses and the English Civil War wouldn't be, and shouldn't be forced into happening.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the years of work that went into making EU3 such a masterpiece. Just seemed curious as a business move was all. Definitely not complaining about the current state of affairs!

ETA: Agreed with DreadLindwyrm's sentiment, though now that I think about it, the fact that there isn't any way for the War of the Roses *to* happen in EU3 is a bit odd to me. No one likes determinism - the whole point of a game is its interactivity, which is antithetical to determinism - but in small portions a little bit better nudge from EU3's openness might be an improvement. I think fundamentally EU3 got it right in leaving things undeterministic, but if EU4 just takes that and incorporates some significant historical events that don't happen in EU3 (like the split of Burgundy or the War of the Roses) with certain conditions that are dependent on the player's action, that would be a step up.

Not sure I'm keen on the idea of restricting us once again to historical leaders and historical events for our nations rather than the more open style EUIII has. After all, we don't want something like "the partition of Burgundy" between Austria and France if Burgundy is crushing them both into the ground...

If certain situations weren't lined up, things like the War of the Roses and the English Civil War wouldn't be, and shouldn't be forced into happening.

I personaly dont think it will be like that. and on the other hand if you follow the history while playing somewhat you wanna see such conditional events happen.

I've probably played more EU3 than all other Paradox games combined, so I'm totally looking forward to this.

There won't be strictly historical leaders in the game, only from the start dates. They also said the historical immersion will be a mix of EU2 and EU3, so it won't happen if it doesnt make sense in game.

OMFG!!! OMFG!!! This is fantastic!!! Hope it'll won't be EU IV Premium like EA does! ANYWAY, I would buy it!

I had a feeling this was going to be announced, and I think that is the reason Magna Mundi was scrapped & they didn't try to resuscitate it, as they wanted it out of the way before the news was announced. Right decision by the way. From what I can see it looks very similar to the Crusader Kings Map, which is a positive point.

I hope they build in some kind of CK2 -> EU4 converter. I mean, it's not that big of a deal for me, I play most of my games from the normal start anyway, I just like to live in one alternate history for as long as possible.

If EU4 goes back to the EU2-formula of historical tactics, I'm not buying it.

I fucking hated EU2 (I tried out a copy my friend had) and will likely never buy it even for vintage. I was reluctant to buy Victoria: Revolutions (notice I haven't registered it yet?), so meh.

Question: What game engine is it? Klausewitz? Or something new? (can't see the vid since i'm at work)

Klausewitz for sure and CK2 graphics.

What are the time frame and starting dates?

It looks like EU4 is gonna be more popular than Eu3 ever was.

This, and are we going to be able to have custom monarchs instead of forced historical ones?

If EU4 goes back to the EU2-formula of historical tactics, I'm not buying it.

I fucking hated EU2 (I tried out a copy my friend had) and will likely never buy it even for vintage. I was reluctant to buy Victoria: Revolutions (notice I haven't registered it yet?), so meh.

Language, this is a family-friendly forum.

And Johan has already stated that they won't be going back to full determinism ever.

Great...I guess we can't judge the game until we've played it.

Now I can beat delra, safferli and Dreadlindwyrm in EU4 instead! :O (And all the rest of you)