• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I certainly hope they do not. The early start of 1399 is the best thing in it, and wish CK2 would end there, as a better ending date for the end of the feudal system. I would rather they cut off 100 years at the end, as how many of us in truth can say we play that far.

Agreed. I'd like to see an even earlier start to the game than 1399 if possible. Certainly not a later start. And I myself rarely play past 1700... usually have tons conquered by then and things get monotonous.

Obviously, I've known of the new game for a few days now, but I would still like to exclaim an elated "YAY! :)" just for the heck of it.

I seem to be a dissenter when it comes to the general mood about the new map graphics (they are not really better at conveying information and the terrain isn't a perfect representation in any case). Still, if Paradox brings over what makes EU great and adds on it, it will be one of the few games I'll be truly eager to see released. A personal dream addition would be a transit system for trade goods through rivers, sounds and key cities, but that is probably out of the question.

If EU4 goes back to the EU2-formula of historical tactics, I'm not buying it.

I fucking hated EU2 (I tried out a copy my friend had) and will likely never buy it even for vintage. I was reluctant to buy Victoria: Revolutions (notice I haven't registered it yet?), so meh.

Don't worry. I've never seen the devs say anything particularly positive about EU2, at least since EU3 was released. I believe Johan even called it a "failure".

Don't worry. I've never seen the devs say anything particularly positive about EU2, at least since EU3 was released. I believe Johan even called it a "failure".

Thank god almighty for that! Haha, it was horrid. I mean, they had events where I could inherit the throne of Bavaria and Hungary, only to lose it within two weeks due to the historical event chains.

I really hope that they add the EU3 'History' option! That's one of my favourite parts of the game that, as far as I know, no other Paradox game does, and allows you to make decisions, wage wars, fight battles, and it's all recorded into a written history as if someone were recording it for you, I love it, I'll be really dissapointed if it isn't brought back for EU4.
'

I agree a little more detail to the history book would be cool =)

Also, I really like what I hear about this new trade system, I really hates the EU3 system with merchants.

'

I agree a little more detail to the history book would be cool =)

Also, I really like what I hear about this new trade system, I really hates the EU3 system with merchants.

It's an okay system, but it does get annoying when you are playing on Speed 5, and you have to set auto-send merchants to keep up. I cannot tell you how I get missions as Austria to "establish trade in Novogorod", and almost immediately, my merchants disappear, chased out by Pskov and Tver. -.-