• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The new patch breaks MEIOU. Magna Mundi loads, though.
Possibly the new interface\casus_bellis.gfx file since MEIOU doesn't seem to include it. The game may not like using the gfx file when one of the CBs it refers to does not exist in cb_types.txt.

Thanks for this new release :)

Does the patch appear when clicking on "check for update" on the launcher ?

The new patch breaks MEIOU. Magna Mundi loads, though.

If all goes well, it will be addressed during the week-end, especially if jdrou is right ;)

Last edited:
If all goes well, it will be addressed during the week-end, especially if jdrou is right ;)
Hooray! Looking forward to trying out the new mod and continuing my save game.

Hooray! Looking forward to trying out the new mod and continuing my save game.

Beware that new patches and new versions of mods are often not savegame compatible (although i'm not specifically talking about this patch of course, as i haven't had a chance to test it yet). When dealing with new patches, i always suggest you make a copy of your EUIII folder, just in case the save game isn't compatible... so you can easely go back to the previous version and finish your game ;)

Beware that new patches and new versions of mods are often not savegame compatible (although i'm not specifically talking about this patch of course, as i haven't had a chance to test it yet). When dealing with new patches, i always suggest you make a copy of your EUIII folder, just in case the save game isn't compatible... so you can easely go back to the previous version and finish your game ;)
Oh, I am old enough to know better. I just cannot resist a shiny, new patch. I can always get over a broken savegame. It would neither be the first, nor the last time to have my heart broken. ;)

Any idea what might make my saved games not show up? I re-checked, and I haven't deleted any of them.

look in your document and settings for a folder of HTTT savegames (or similar in vista/7). Your old savegames should be in savegames folder of your HTTT. (or viceversa). The game its looking to a different folder, just copy your savegames to the new localitation. If you dont know where are the new save`s folder, just save a game and then look for the file.

Anyway, to avoid this, install all games outside program files or any system folder like desktop and that stuff. C:\games for example.

I hope you understand this, my english is poor :(

Before I make a clean reinstall of the game (I need the april beta version for an ongoing mp game), what will the checksum be?

local naval supremacy reffers to defeated fleets retreating to their nearest port. So if someone ships a fleet around the world and you beat them they have a long sail home.

Holy smoke.

Nearest friendly port or nearest port you own?

Holy smoke.

Nearest friendly port or nearest port you own?

Or port of origin?

And, if human controlled, will they attrit all the way?

having problems with this update. I lost my save game and i tried to run it as administrator but when i am deciding which country to choose then it will hang and i have to restart mylaptop. running this on macbook pro bootcamp with windows 7. had no problems before the update

NEED A MAC RELEASE ! (please)

Won't happen. The beta patches never go over to VPLTD. And if they did, its not exactly a sure thing that they'd do anything with them.