• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most likely Steam has again modified the exe in a way that gives it a different checksum. If other Steam users report the same checksum there is probably nothing wrong with your game except that you won't be able to multiplayer with non-Steam users.

Awww don't say that, I was just about to congratulate Paradox for publishing this patch to unite their customers for more multiplayer goodness. :(

Mine is saying d3dx9_41.dll was not found, don't suppose anyone knows how to fix this. :)

If i recal correctly, it's a problem with your directX or something.

Google "d3dx9_41.dll" and you'll find the solution...

I've got a crash on open, as well. I can open the launcher, hit play game, then get eu3game.exe stopped working. I've done a clean install, no avail. I'm using GamersGate.

If I reinstall HTTT, I can get it to not crash. It also won't launch... I'll try a few other installation configs...

NEED A MAC RELEASE ! (please)
Won't happen. The beta patches never go over to VPLTD. And if they did, its not exactly a sure thing that they'd do anything with them.
Except this is not a beta patch (despite the 'b' in the version string). If I were a VPLtd customer I would certainly expect them to port it. You need to contact them about that though, not Paradox.

what's the new Checksum? HYTM?
No, this is not identical to the 4/29 patch. The exe file and the text files both have a few more fixes. Checksum (for GG users at least) appears to be BXPG.

Mine is saying d3dx9_41.dll was not found, don't suppose anyone knows how to fix this. :)
The fix for this is posted as a sticky thread in the tech support forum. You can't see that forum until you register your EU3 or EU3 Complete through the 'My Games' link on the forum.

look in your document and settings for a folder of HTTT savegames (or similar in vista/7). Your old savegames should be in savegames folder of your HTTT. (or viceversa). The game its looking to a different folder, just copy your savegames to the new localitation. If you dont know where are the new save`s folder, just save a game and then look for the file.

Anyway, to avoid this, install all games outside program files or any system folder like desktop and that stuff. C:\games for example.

I hope you understand this, my english is poor :(

I don't think that's it, since all of my saves are in the same folder, including my new ones.

I've got a crash on open, as well. I can open the launcher, hit play game, then get eu3game.exe stopped working. I've done a clean install, no avail. I'm using GamersGate.

If I reinstall HTTT, I can get it to not crash. It also won't launch... I'll try a few other installation configs...

OK, good news... I got HTTT vanilla working again... I made sure the install path for ALL additions was into the EU3 directory. Now to back up that install and try the patch again...

OK, good news... I got HTTT vanilla working again... I made sure the install path for ALL additions was into the EU3 directory. Now to back up that install and try the patch again...

Read the forums and will try to install again to C:\EU3, as it was in the Program Files (x86) directory. I'll also check my Direct X...

Thank you Paradox for making a final HTTT patch thats downloadable through the launcher, I really appreciate it. :)

I hope all the stuff in the other thread doesnt mean we'll get less Beta patches for Divine Wind tho. This formula is great; beta patches for as long as needed, and then a final update that wraps things up officially, even if its a year later. This gives everyone the best of both worlds.

This pretty much sums up my feelings too. Kudos to Paradox for finalizing this!