Which Landless Character Will You Play as First?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Various jewish cultures often become landless except separdhi because they are covered by Iberia events.

Picts go extinct pretty fast but will linger for a while as landless characters before dying out. Whats cool about picts is that not only they and other cultures of their group have a unique decision that helps you to convert and reestablish your culture but they also get unique names for various titles in the region. Like Sctotland becoming Pictland and Brittania becoming Pictavia.
Wait! What decision?

Maybe a Turkish or Mongol character and then make an hybrid culture somewhere in Europe and maybe who knows what else.

El Cid, Aelfwine Knytling, or perhaps a self-insert. Or some Norse guy.

Another idea I have is based on a memorable playthroigh of CK2. An AI-controlled Danish prince became an adventurer and established a Danish Catholic realm in the Maghreb. I think it would be interesting to do something similar and play around with the CK3 mechanics. Maybe form a Danish-Berber hybrid. Convert to Islam, perhaps. Or create a new religion based on both Christianity and Islam.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am hoping to play with Zdeslav of the House Trpimirović if the devs remember to make him unlanded with that patch since he was technically banished to Constantinople at the 867. My understanding is landing him as a count in Slavonia was done only to make him playable but I'm hoping that gets rectified.

For those who want to learn more:

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thought: would a certain Maid of Orleans count as an adventurer? Going for a Joan of Arc-style playthrough (preferably minus the burning-at-the-stake) would be pretty cool, though it might be hard to start up in normal gameplay. It'd be interesting if adventurers could integrate with the Legends system; I could see Joan being modelled as an Adventurer with a Religious legend that she levels up with a bit of the ol' stabby-stabby or with piety-burning.

I'll probably try to play as a landless trobador in 1066, in Aquitaine or Barcelona. Someone like Guillaume de Poitiers, in particular, could be an interesting pick. Wander the world, sing a few songs, see where I end up with this. Historically he became close to the norman king of England, a scholar and a chronicler, maybe he can be more than that.
Generally the goal would be to become a trusted advisor to someone powerful, rather than a warrior.

I'll probably try to play as a landless trobador in 1066, in Aquitaine or Barcelona. Someone like Guillaume de Poitiers, in particular, could be an interesting pick. Wander the world, sing a few songs, see where I end up with this. Historically he became close to the norman king of England, a scholar and a chronicler, maybe he can be more than that.
Generally the goal would be to become a trusted advisor to someone powerful, rather than a warrior.
Was hoping for similar with a wandering Irish poet and his bardic troop, but I don't think it will be allowed if adventurers can't become courtiers.