Which Landless Character Will You Play as First?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Norman saw on English oak.
On English neck a Norman yoke;
Norman spoon to English dish,
And England ruled as Normans wish;
Blithe world in England never will be more,
Till England's rid of all the four.

HEREWARD THE WAKE

Ahem, yes. Thread bookmarked for requests & ideas.

• 31Like
  • 13Love
Reactions:
So wait, we can give ideas?
Sure-sure: usual no-promises but adventurers are my baby this time around, so I'm all ears for fun landless adventurer characters in 867/1066.
For starters I would say Basil as not an emperor but co-emperor with Michael still alive but you are probably already doing it.
Considered and decided against, I'm afraid: it gets a bit weird with the late-stage murder plot, so Michael's death remains bumped back to 866.
Well i have a question, if landless is available and you have to scale the power ranks, does that mean it will be possible to play as a baron? or you would jump straight to count? I just remember rise to power mod from ck2 that you went from landless to baron if i remember correctly. I would be happy either way but just wondering. You could even make a local coup xd.
No barons I'm afraid: transitioning back to a ruler skips to count+.
Probably one of the last Umayyads in 1066, try to reclaim al-Andalusia, or maybe head back to the Levant and build up a power base there.
[innocent bookmark-related whistling]

• 6Like
  • 5Love
  • 3Haha
Reactions: