• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He invents it?

It might be a hard career choice...given that rap hasn't been invented yet.[/QUOTE]

He was one of the grandfathers of rap

his rap name was the LT.

You have a lot of detailed, not to mention excellent battlefield descriptions from the perspectives of individual soldiers. Wonderful! :p However, I'd like to see some special operatives, some people who work in secret behind enemy lines in your AAR. Does this sound like a good suggestion? ;)

gaiasabre11 said:
You have a lot of detailed, not to mention excellent battlefield descriptions from the perspectives of individual soldiers. Wonderful! :p However, I'd like to see some special operatives, some people who work in secret behind enemy lines in your AAR. Does this sound like a good suggestion? ;)

Thanks, A very good suggestion indeed, but don't get to far carried away as I plan on having a few some time in the future.

There's still a long way to go before Moscow; while the US will certainly win (because it can't be invaded), it will be costly.

When's th enext nuke?

Nathan Madien said:
Hmm...what's wrong with speaking good English?

well there not around any english speaking countries so english isn't going to be there language that they speak all the time

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone

Faeelin said:
There's still a long way to go before Moscow; while the US will certainly win (because it can't be invaded), it will be costly.

When's th enext nuke?

I think the next nuke is sometime in April 1946? I'm not exactly sure, it could perhaps be later; for I'm almost positive that it isn't any sooner.

Chapter II: Treviso

~ December 5, 1945.

Staff Sergeant Corrigan and Radioman Private David Papson had watch on the nearby hill looking for any signs of Russian movement. At the same time below them the American soldiers of the 507th were enjoying a rare moment of peace along the Treviso Front.

Sergeant Krause was walking up the hill with two pots of warm beef stew for Sergeant Corrigan and Private Papson. Beside him was Corporal Erik Mild just for some fun company while walking to the lookouts on the high hill.

"Christmas is coming you know. Twenty days away," Erik said to Paul.

Paul just looked at him, "I know."

"Well, do you think we're get anything special?"

"Did we get anything nice last Christmas," Paul said raising his eyebrows.

"Well, maybe we'll get some bread this time to go with our warm soup," laughed Erik commenting on how in 1944 they only recieved soup.

Paul smiled, "Here," he said handing on of the cups to Erik, "give this one to David, I'll give this one to Frankie."

The two American soldiers reached the top of the snowless hill, it was an usually warm and clear winter day around Treviso while Corrigan was looking through his binoculars with Papson directly beside him.

CorriganandPapson.jpg

Paul came up and tapped Corrigan on the shoulder, Frankie turned around knowing it was Sergeant Krause, Papson did the same towards Mild.

"Thanks," Corrigan said taking the stew from Krause and looked inside. "It's still warm," Corrigan said with a smile as he reached for the spoon and took a nice large bite. "Mmmm, it's very good. How cooked?"

Sergeant Krause smiled, "Yours truly."

"Well, I could say you're a better cook than you are a soldier, but that would be a lie," said Corrigan with a smile.

"Anything?"

"Nah," answered Papson as he heard the question while he had some stew hanging out of his mouth.

Corrigan sat back in comfort, "How is the captain doing?"

"Miller, I don't know. I actually haven't seen him along the front so far today. That's odd for he's usually always there unless he's doing his erands."

"That's true," Erik said.

Corrigan smiled and looked back at Krause, "Well shouldn't you get going back to the men, you'd be one of few senior members of rank down there."

"Nah, Foley is with them. Word is he's going to be transfered with us; be the first time I can recall an officer being transfered to a new company don't you?"

"Yes, a very rare happening indeed."

Papson interrupted, "Sergeant I have movement in the trees."

"Hold up," Corrigan said to Krause as he reached for his glasses and looked down below.

"Look at the trees near the center-left."

Corrigan looked there to see some tree movement, "Concealed, I can't get a good observation, get the radio ready."

"Okay sarge."

"Still, still, still."

Sergeant Krause clutched his Thompson as Mild took out his carbine and held it in a ready position. The trees began to move ever more, Corrigan's heart began to race.

"The men will be un-prepared," he said underneath his breath.

He took a hard look adjusting his binoculars to get a clearer and sharper view of the movement below, "Almost there, almost there, come on you damn Russian tank show yourself."

As he finished he took a big sigh of relief as he saw a deer come out of the brush and trees for all too see from the hill, Krause smiled and looked at Corrigan. "Some tank you got there Frankie," he laughed as he patted him on the shoulders. Krause and Mild then turned back and began walking down the hill as Corrigan took off his helmet and began to wipe his forehead off of the sweat he just accumulated by looking at nothing more than an poor harmless deer from the Alps.

TheVenetian said:
As he finished he took a big sigh of relief as he saw a deer come out of the brush and trees for all too see from the hill, Krause smiled and looked at Corrigan. "Some tank you got there Frankie," he laughed as he patted him on the shoulders. Krause and Mild then turned back and began walking down the hill as Corrigan took off his helmet and began to wipe his forehead off of the sweat he just accumulated by looking at nothing more than an poor harmless deer from the Alps.

This reminds me of something a WW1 veteran once said:

"A perfect soldier in a war is one with no imagination at all."

On a similar note it reminds me of a story I heard about the difference between the Dutch and Belgians during WW2; the Belgians had been on high alert since the war started so were mentally exhausted from endless incidents like that. The Dutch didn't mobilise till almost the last minute, and so performed far better, relative to their smaller size, because they were fresher.