• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was certain I could win should I avoid the other pack hunting me, but I was unfortunately killed before I could find out.

I contemplated contacting the other pack, but I couldn't guarantee they wouldn't rat me out, or just hunt me anyway, either.

I got lucky with Dedonus that entire game. He just never scanned me. I was afraid that I'd be outed every day the seer continued to live. :oops:
Right, why did Dedonus contact you and use you as spokesperson without scanning you?

Right, why did Dedonus contact you and use you as spokesperson without scanning you?

IDK, really, though this is what he said when he contacted me:

Hello, Alxeu. I'm representing the seer and we want you to ask in the thread in about one (1) hour for the hunters (if there are any) to PM you so they can shoot a wolf. Because Wagonlitz, the priest, has been hunted, the seer and I cannot be careless with contacting players. Although you have not been scanned, we believe you are a likely villager. What traits, if you have any, do you have?

Once one (or more) hunter has contacted you, please pass along those names so I can pass them along to the seer. If you provide me a name and no one gets shot during the night, know well that the seer will have both of your names and you and the "hunter" will probably be run up on the following day.

The name of the wolf that the seer gave me to tell you is De Chat. Obviously, don't reveal De Chat's name in the thread, as that would defeat the purpose of getting a hunter to shot him.

The weirdest bit is that he never scanned me, even after this. :confused:

IDK, really, though this is what he said when he contacted me:

The weirdest bit is that he never scanned me, even after this. :confused:
Pretending to be your own representative is a strategy, but he still should've scanned you at some point. Too much of a risk letting an unscanned player run around directing the JL. He's lucky that you believed him for so long on not actually being the seer and the Xolotls hunting you quickly after he died, which prevented you from running the village entirely over a cliff.

I never seen Aedan screw up that badly before...

And then, manage to not get himself lynched afterwords. (Granted, part of that is my fault for sleeping past deadline after he stated my role, but still.)

I called Aedan as a wolf before I died. But noo, panzer is inactive so he must be a wolf, that reasoning totally never backfires :rolleyes:
Well that one was partly on me, I guess. I thought tieing you with Yvanoff was a good idea, since it got your case out of the way too, and you seemed quiet and dodgy.

Although I admit Hax was the baddie I hadn't consciously spotted (though I began to suspect it the last day), and he was the most in favour also of the tie process. So maybe that was silly of me.

Well that one was partly on me, I guess. I thought tieing you with Yvanoff was a good idea, since it got your case out of the way too, and you seemed quiet and dodgy.

Although I admit Hax was the baddie I hadn't consciously spotted (though I began to suspect it the last day), and he was the most in favour also of the tie process. So maybe that was silly of me.
Well to be fair on the Hax point, he wasn't a baddie for the vast majority of the game. I only scanned him the night after Dedonus got brutalized.

Well to be fair on the Hax point, he wasn't a baddie for the vast majority of the game. I only scanned him the night after Dedonus got brutalized.

Hahaha, then he lied to me. He told me he was the sorc the day I was lynched (and I thought it was a lie because my pack was already in contact with you and you didn't say anything about him). It's funny how just a few days later his lie became a truth :D

This was only my second time being the seer in a big, so I'm chalking this up to noob mistake. I was super paranoid because there were multiple baddie types that I could not scan (cultist, sorcerer, zealot), plus the priest died super early.

So, on Day 4, the following was my scan list:

0: DNFC/Arkasas 2 - villager
1: De Chat - wolf
2: Chieron - villager
3: Beartjah - villager

I didn't want to contact DNFC/Arkasas 2 because there was a no-hunt on Night 0, which meant there could have been a cursed player. I don't think I need to explain why I wouldn't contact De Chat. :p On Day 2, Chieron wasn't cooperating with the vote switch to De Chat. I was suspicious that he might have been in his pack (cultist/zealot). I can't recall on what grounds I was suspicious of Beartjah, but I obviously voted for him on Day 3. So basically, I was not really confident on any of them being safe.

Alxeu, on the other hand, was cooperative on the vote switch on Day 2, placing De Chat in mortal danger (and De Chat placed Alxeu in danger of being lynched in turn). So this made me believe that he could not be a packmate of De Chat (which turned out to be correct). The thing I got wrong was that I hoped there was only one pack (the last time I was a wolf in a big of a similar size, there was only one pack). I basically rolled the dice and got burned, although not as burned as I could have. The pink pack didn't off me (the purple/blue brutalized me, although Alxeu told me that they were going to hunt me on that same night anyways). The other pack hunted Alxeu. I lived for three whole days after contacting Alxeu, while Beartjah/Jerman lived for five. Plus, the pink pack lost, despite infiltrating the JL.

I would try to defend this gamble by saying that the odds that one of my scanlist players was an unscanable baddie vs. alxeu being a baddie, but I know that Panzer would swoop in and say (probably correctly) that I'm incorrect.

So basically, I was super paranoid that the priest died early and had no way of knowing that someone on my scanlist was clear and their in-game actions didn't help. I also had a name of a wolf (De Cha) and didn't want to get hunted and take that name to the grave (until Day 4, we had not bagged a wolf yet). Basically I panicked and hoped my gamble would work. It obviously didn't. I guess lesson learned.

I want to know which of the no hunts was the blue/purple pack hunting me the first time? I assume it was Night 4.

Furthermore, I am really surprised how long Beartjah/Jerman and I lived. If Day 4 was the no-hunt against me, then each of the packs had an opportunity to hunt me, but decided not to. Sure, Alxeu fooled me, but I fooled him, too. :p

After Alxeu was hunted, he brought to my attention something quite odd. What is up with me always getting run up early while I'm an important goodie? This could have been the third game I had been lynched as an important goodie. The first time (Alxeu's Dracula game) was naturally my own fault. I partially blame that, in both this game and Happycat's last big, the deadline ended when I was in the middle of class (i.e. I couldn't claim in the thread that I was the GA/Seer with an hour left). I guess I must be either doing such a good job looking not like a goodie while I'm an important goodie that people gun after me or doing such a bad job at making myself not an easy lynch target. lol

This was only my second time being the seer in a big, so I'm chalking this up to noob mistake. I was super paranoid because there were multiple baddie types that I could not scan (cultist, sorcerer, zealot), plus the priest died super early.

So, on Day 4, the following was my scan list:

0: DNFC/Arkasas 2 - villager
1: De Chat - wolf
2: Chieron - villager
3: Beartjah - villager

I didn't want to contact DNFC/Arkasas 2 because there was a no-hunt on Night 0, which meant there could have been a cursed player. I don't think I need to explain why I wouldn't contact De Chat. :p On Day 2, Chieron wasn't cooperating with the vote switch to De Chat. I was suspicious that he might have been in his pack (cultist/zealot). I can't recall on what grounds I was suspicious of Beartjah, but I obviously voted for him on Day 3. So basically, I was not really confident on any of them being safe.

Alxeu, on the other hand, was cooperative on the vote switch on Day 2, placing De Chat in mortal danger (and De Chat placed Alxeu in danger of being lynched in turn). So this made me believe that he could not be a packmate of De Chat (which turned out to be correct). The thing I got wrong was that I hoped there was only one pack (the last time I was a wolf in a big of a similar size, there was only one pack). I basically rolled the dice and got burned, although not as burned as I could have. The pink pack didn't off me (the purple/blue brutalized me, although Alxeu told me that they were going to hunt me on that same night anyways). The other pack hunted Alxeu. I lived for three whole days after contacting Alxeu, while Beartjah/Jerman lived for five. Plus, the pink pack lost, despite infiltrating the JL.

I would try to defend this gamble by saying that the odds that one of my scanlist players was an unscanable baddie vs. alxeu being a baddie, but I know that Panzer would swoop in and say (probably correctly) that I'm incorrect.

So basically, I was super paranoid that the priest died early and had no way of knowing that someone on my scanlist was clear and their in-game actions didn't help. I also had a name of a wolf (De Cha) and didn't want to get hunted and take that name to the grave (until Day 4, we had not bagged a wolf yet). Basically I panicked and hoped my gamble would work. It obviously didn't. I guess lesson learned.

I want to know which of the no hunts was the blue/purple pack hunting me the first time? I assume it was Night 4.

Furthermore, I am really surprised how long Beartjah/Jerman and I lived. If Day 4 was the no-hunt against me, then each of the packs had an opportunity to hunt me, but decided not to. Sure, Alxeu fooled me, but I fooled him, too. :p

After Alxeu was hunted, he brought to my attention something quite odd. What is up with me always getting run up early while I'm an important goodie? This could have been the third game I had been lynched as an important goodie. The first time (Alxeu's Dracula game) was naturally my own fault. I partially blame that, in both this game and Happycat's last big, the deadline ended when I was in the middle of class (i.e. I couldn't claim in the thread that I was the GA/Seer with an hour left). I guess I must be either doing such a good job looking not like a goodie while I'm an important goodie that people gun after me or doing such a bad job at making myself not an easy lynch target. lol

We tried to hunt you once before but we couldn't because you were blessed (we thought it could be the GA as well). A pity because then you would have taken my name to the grave :D

We tried to hunt you once before but you were blessed (we thought it could be the GA as well). A pity because then you would have taken my name to the grave :D
Did you guys hunt me on Night 0 or Night 4? Please don't say Night 0, for your pack's sake. Otherwise, you would have had 3 opportunities to hunt me, but chose not to...

Did you guys hunt me on Night 0 or Night 4? Please don't say Night 0, for your pack's sake. Otherwise, you would have had 3 opportunities to hunt me, but chose not to...

Night 4.

Do you think Dedonus himself might be seer and simply pretending to have a mouthpiece? I don't see how Dedonus could be double-cleared and hence trustworthy (no VH, limited priest lifespan, unless he's just single scanned and the seer's feeling lucky?)
But if we are not hunting Dedonus (which I think we should) then why not hunt the GA?
We can hunt Arky. But, you're really sure Dedonus isn't just the Seer 'pretending' to have a contact? It'd be risky AF, but it would have worked so far :confused:.

In fairness, I probably should have pushed this line of reasoning in the pack convo more aggressively than I actually did (I thought I had pressed it harder than I actually did in retrospect). We left Beartjah / Jerman alive for so long mostly because Alxeu was worried (very rightly) that he was a prime hunt target, and Beartjah/Jerman could protect him on Xolotl hunt nights.

In fairness, I probably should have pushed this line of reasoning in the pack convo more aggressively than I actually did (I thought I had pressed it harder than I actually did in retrospect). We left Beartjah / Jerman alive for so long mostly because Alxeu was worried (very rightly) that he was a prime hunt target, and Beartjah/Jerman could protect him on Xolotl hunt nights.
Ironically, Beartjah/Jerman only GA'd Alxeu twice: once on Night 4, when you guys didn't know he was GA, and once on Night 7, which was on your guys' hunt night.

Ironically, Beartjah/Jerman only GA'd Alxeu twice: once on Night 4, when you guys didn't know he was GA, and once on Night 7, which was on your guys' hunt night.

It's pretty funny that both nights there was a no hunt, I was protected, but I wasn't the hunt target either of those nights. :D

Beartjah / Jerman alive for so long mostly because Alxeu was worried (very rightly) that he was a prime hunt target, and Beartjah/Jerman could protect him on Xolotl hunt nights.

It's pretty funny that both nights there was a no hunt, I was protected, but I wasn't the hunt target either of those nights. :D

I'm honestly still surprised this work, which, came as a surprise.

However, apparently, according to Capi, in his rules the GA is not notified if they stopped a hunt...which...sounds really weird.

... is there a ruleset where GA usually gets notified if they stop the hunt?

Thanks for the game Capibara! Was fun to get back into the swing of things a little, even if I was always exhausted by deadline (how do you Europeans handle American deadlines?)

... is there a ruleset where GA usually gets notified if they stop the hunt?
Yes, It has been used but very seldom, Not getting noticed is the norm.