• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the game Capibara! Was fun to get back into the swing of things a little, even if I was always exhausted by deadline (how do you Europeans handle American deadlines?)
Mostly not, I think. Which is good since it makes the game happen more than just for an hour around deadline. ;)

Thanks for the game Capibara! Was fun to get back into the swing of things a little, even if I was always exhausted by deadline (how do you Europeans handle American deadlines?)
Eh, I couldn't handle that deadline were I American. I cannot play from work, so there the early afternoon is off limits..
Around 20:00 is okay for a deadline for me, though 1-2 hours later would be preferred.
That said, this game was more silent than I remember being normal, with so many missed votes.
It was fun in the end.

Day 10 (endgame)

You can feel it, Veracruz is almost ahead of you. Despite all the losses you have suffered, safety is within your grasp. You have killed dangerous foes, but have also seen loyal comrades fall fulfilling their duty. Those few that remain still believe in your holy task and are determined to carry it to the end. However, after the surprises of the last few days, you must get rid of the final infiltrator and pray to God he is really the last one, or everything will be lost.

You are quick to single out alynkio, who has been acting suspiciously for several days now, muttering nonsense under his breath, as if trying to invoke ancient deities. He doesn't even put that much of a fight when you tie him up, as if he expects to be saved. However, nothing of the sort happens and he dies gasping for air as he hangs from a tree.

You celebrate, as you have finally rid your party of evil. After drinking and eating, you pack your things and get ready to travel the last few leagues that separate you from Veracruz. Just as you're about to leave, Hax gets behind Arkasas and slits his throat with an Obsidian knife. "I never liked his haikus" he says, as he spits on the ground.
Avernite and Matthew can't even react before the former's insides are ripped out by Claude, transformed into a jaguar, while Aedan beheads the latter with a macuahutil.

Afterwards, the three of them take the idol and disappear in the jungle. Now the followers of Xolotl will unleash their revenge upon the Spaniards.

alynkio the former Zealot turned Werewolf of the Xipe Totec is lynched.
Claude LC 2.0 the former Zealot turned Werewolf with used seerish powers of the Xolotl pack, aedan777 the sorcerer and Hax the formerly blessed sorcerer's apprentice overwhelm Arkasas 2.0 the Villager, MatthewFW190 the Villager and Avernite the Spiritually Attuned Villager and win the game.

9TxxmRc.png

Good game and thanks for hosting, Capibara!

Honestly, not being notified if you stop a hunt doesn't make sense honestly.
Well you didn't stop any hunts this game, so it didn't really matter. In general an argument could be made for either position. It's up to the GM which to go with, though to my knowledge overwhelming the policy is that GA doesn't get told if they stopped something. Though they rarely actually succeed in stopping hunts, so a bit of a moot point.

Honestly, not being notified if you stop a hunt doesn't make sense honestly.
From a role playing perspective it would make sense, yes. From a game playing perspective having the No-kills as food for paranoia inside a JL is more important.

Also, thanks for hosting Capibara, and Congrats to the winners.

From a role playing perspective it would make sense, yes. From a game playing perspective having the No-kills as food for paranoia inside a JL is more important.

Also, thanks for hosting Capibara, and Congrats to the winners.
I think this game does show insufficient paranoia among JL makers, but no-kills are hardly going to fix that :p

Thank you to all of you who took the time to play this game, as always, it was a pleasure GMing a Big.

Now it's time to go back to my farm. If you ever need a GM to extend Werewolf's agony a little bit more, you know where to find me.

Cheers!

Would anyone care to run the next game? I've got a (slightly out-of-date) theme idea I'd like to take out, but I can't do anything 'til after Thanksgiving.

Plus, goodie aedan never would blurt out the GA thing in thread as he'd fully know that that'd jeopardise Jerman even further.
That aedan received practically no pressure aside from that day really is disappointing. And you guys really let him off the hook too easily despite how his explanations weren't really particularly good. And then you lynched randy against whom there was no real case...

Frankly I think the game was lost around the time we lynched Panzer. Right when my activity level dropped off because life happened. At that stage it was pretty clear we needed to lynch Alynkio, yet somehow people felt Panzer had to die, too. Probably based on Aedan's "analysis". Which made me suspect Aedan but you know, known baddies are more important to kill than regular suspects..

Probably should have known better than to have Alxeu let the JL know I was leader too.

Yeah. You should have died the second I contacted the JL spokesman. Or at least become a suspect at that stage.

That you did not was strange but I was letting the "real" JL handle it.
Which was a mistake, of course.

I think this game does show insufficient paranoia among JL makers, but no-kills are hardly going to fix that :p

True.

The thing I do not understand is why people lynched Panzer instead of Alynkio back there. Sure, baddies were involved, but that was no excusr..

True.

The thing I do not understand is why people lynched Panzer instead of Alynkio back there. Sure, baddies were involved, but that was no excusr..
Well, for me, Panzer looked super-dodgy. Utterly inactive, comes in 1-2 hours before deadline, sees he's tied, goes 'lolnope, not gonna do anything but snipe', and then gets saved.

Well, for me, Panzer looked super-dodgy. Utterly inactive, comes in 1-2 hours before deadline, sees he's tied, goes 'lolnope, not gonna do anything but snipe', and then gets saved.
This. He even stated as such. Villagers can be a bit boring, but him not really playing at all makes keeping him alive not as appealing. Zombies are a blight on the game after all. This round also had so many missed votes..

Werewolf CCXXXVIII - A New Year's Celebration

The village gathers together for its yearly celebration of the New Year's: a month-long time of partying and friendship. Together with a young and bright new party planner, the village has reached out to the reclusive members of the neighboring village to join them in the celebrations, despite previous struggles having been had with some of those villagers being werewolves.

Unfortunately, while they promised not to eat anyone while the celebrations have been going on, the werewolves just can't keep their appetites in check, and now they threaten to ruin the New Year's! The mortified party-goers now see a chance to start of the year right, as well, and ensure safety for themselves in the future. Can New Year's be saved, or will the year start in tragedy?