Welcome to BloodCarnage!... a Dwarf Fortress succession game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If possible, I would like to be a a hunter/animal trainer. An oddball dwarf who likes the outside.

just FYI I would like to be some kind of soldier or mason or miner.

Some of the players who have requested a particular class of Dwarf might end up waiting for the next wave of immigrants, if they don't get a reasonable match in this wave. The players who are willing to settle for any Dwarf at all will probably enter the game a bit earlier.

I like reading about Dwarf Fortress, even though I am terrible at playing it.

Dwarf me, if you would be so kind, as a soldier (crossbowman maybe? I don't really mind).

Some of the players who have requested a particular class of Dwarf might end up waiting for the next wave of immigrants, if they don't get a reasonable match in this wave. The players who are willing to settle for any Dwarf at all will probably enter the game a bit earlier.
Given my place in line, I will most likely have to wait until next time anyway. If taking any type of role will get me in this round, then go for it.

Given my place in line, I will most likely have to wait until next time anyway. If taking any type of role will get me in this round, then go for it.

If I recall correctly (I'm at school, the game is home) there is in fact a Hunter / Animal Trainer in that first wave of immigrants.

I remember in the last game some people were talking about lanching a dwarf out of the top of the map, into space, never to be seen again. I, for one, think we should build this Dwarf Space Program, and I wouldn't mind being the dwarf lanched ;) Dwarf can into space!

I remember in the last game some people were talking about lanching a dwarf out of the top of the map, into space, never to be seen again. I, for one, think we should build this Dwarf Space Program, and I wouldn't mind being the dwarf lanched ;) Dwarf can into space!

That sounds like a noble endeavor, if we can stay alive long enough. Project approved!

The first post has been updated with seven new immigrants and the new volunteers.

This is a masterful engraving of two dwarves and snakes and snakes and snakes and snakes and snakes. The dwarves are surrounded by the snakes. Lord Strange FedLance the Brewer is striking a triumphant pose. Blue Emu FireLashes the Overseer is weeping. The engraving depicts the onset of the snake-splosion which occurred in the early summer of year 137 in BloodCarnage the Horror of Slaughter.

It sounded like a good idea at the time.

Lord Strange came up with a plan... we could breed those four female and two male Helmet Snakes he brought, by giving them nest-boxes and making sure no-one touches the eggs. After all, the little buggers ARE mildly poisonous, and they're one of the few pets that will attack instead of running away. Maybe we could even extract the venom from them and weaponize it.

This sounded pretty good to me. We're in a tough spot, and can use all the help we can get. So I gave him the go-ahead to set up some breeding nests.

A few days later, the four snakes started laying eggs. And laying more eggs. And more eggs. And then more... nearly a hundred of them! And that chuckle-head Lord Strange was planning to hatch them all! Taking a firm grip on my temper, I pointed out to him that if each female snake lays twenty or so eggs every season; and if half of the new snakes are female, then after two years we would have over ninety-seven million bloody snakes slithering around inside our fort! That's not a breeding population!... it's a Gods damned thermonuclear snake-splosion!

I had him send all the snake eggs straight to the food stockpile, except for ONE nest of twenty eggs that I said he could use for breeding. We'll have to see how it all works out, but I've already got a bad feeling about this.

One piece of good news is that some immigrants arrived, and along with the usual gang of useless idiots that the Mountainhome always unloads on these frontier outposts, there were a couple of Dwarves that were actually useful.

Capt Kiwi CrimsonGorge is an even better shot with a crossbow than our Drill Instructor is... in fact, he picked off two Hoary Marmots on his way to the fort, and brought the meat in with him. And MadImmortalMan CraftOil is a trained doctor. That's a skill we might end up needing. I appointed him Chief Medical Dwarf... but he can't set up practice until we can dig him out an office and a clinic.

The rest of the immigrants have no skill that will help us right now, so I gave them some jobs to do. I had Noco hand over the lumberjack's axe to Sneaky Pete GoldenPractice, and Noco is helping Polar Mongoose BrassTribute set up the smelter and forge, to make a good steel war-axe. Now that we've got shelter and a bit more manpower, we can start making a few weapons and some armor... helmets and shields, at least. The other immigrants are Deadhaigh NightFloors, Aedan ChanneledStockade, and Tappscot OceanDoor. Tappscot is only eleven, so he doesn't come under my orders until next year. Aedan has a bit of military experience, so he'll be joining our Militia once it's set up, and Deadhaigh can read, write and count... which is more than most of these chuckle-heads can do... so I made him the Bookkeeper.

The best of the immigrants isn't even a Dwarf. He's a tame Giant Cave Spider. I asked these chuckle-heads who he belongs to, and they all just looked at each other and shrugged. "He just sort of tagged along with us", one of them told me. They're lucky he didn't get hungry. I was bloody glad to see him, anyway... if I can't figure out a way to weaponize a Giant Cave Spider, then my name isn't Blue Emu.

Last edited:
Blue Emu did you know you have your own mascot?
check it out 5733585133_431dc6ca40.jpg

Yes, we now have two volunteers for the Astro-Dwarf corps. No doubt the Astro-Dwarf corps will soon become the Astro-Dwarf corpses.

Of course, it will be a long time before we complete a launch complex. In the meantime, we could consider using our Astro-Dwarfs as Shock Troops... launching them out of our fortress in a mine-cart, straight into the advancing enemy army. Good training for them...