• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I imagine no CB + vassalizing 12 basetax is still a decent chunk of AE. At least you didn't take the heathen penalty *shiver*

I can now start to see the enormity of the challenge. The political situation in Europe has definitely solidified and there are no easy targets to gank. That said HAB and BUR should be at each others throats...

In general, judging by PLC and BUR it doesn't look like the empire is in a particularly strong spot.

Who are GBR allies? Given paradox award-winning naval AI they're definitely begging for a core return feast.

Chapter 5.5: Taking a Look at Europe

I think I should give you guys a little more detail about the situation in America and Europe before I begin the next chapter. So, here it is:

TaFhfcS.jpg

WzuaGXN.jpg

TZhIOch.jpg

Austria:
Attitude: Neutral
Allies: Aquileia, Ausburg, Brittany, Commonwealth, Nuremberg and Urbino
Enemies: Great Britain, Hungary and Venice
Rivals: Brandenburg, Hungary and Venice

Brittany:
Allies: Austria and Savoy
Enemies: Portugal
Rivals: Denmark and Milan

Burgundy:
Attitude: Friendly
Allies: Hungary, Sweden and Urbino
Enemies: Great Britain and Spain
Rivals: Great Britain, Spain and Portugal

Commonwealth:
Allies: Austria, Bosnia, Denmark and Wallachia
Enemies: Muscovy, Ottomans and Spain
Rivals: Muscovy, Ottomans and Spain

Denmark:
Allies: Commonwealth, Hamburg and Münster
Enemies: Brittany, Hansa and Sweden
Rivals: Livonian Order, Sweden and Venice

Great Britain:
Allies: Portugal, Spain and Venice
Enemies: Burgundy
Rivals: Austria, Burgundy and Ottomans

Hungary:
Allies: Burgundy, Milan, Modena and Tuscany
Enemies: Austria, Brandenburg and Venice
Rivals: Austria, Brandenburg and Venice

Muscovy:
Allies: Livonian Order
Enemies: Commonwealth, Kazakh, Ottomans and Persia
Rivals: Commonwealth, Ottomans and Persia

Norway:
Attitude: Threatened
Allies: None
Enemies: Sweden
Rivals: Brandenburg, Hansa, Münster and Sweden

Ottomans:
Allies: None
Enemies: Commonwealth, Great Britain and Muscovy
Rivals: Commonwealth, Muscovy and Spain

Portugal:
Allies: Great Britain and Spain
Enemies: Burgundy, Morocco and Tunis
Rivals: Brittany, Morocco and Tunis

Spain:
Attitude: Rivalry
Allies: Great Britain, Kilwa, Papal States and Portugal
Enemies: Burgundy, Commonwealth and Ottomans
Rivals: Burgundy, Commonwealth and Iroquois

Sweden:
Allies: Burgundy and Bremen
Enemies: Denmark, Livonian Order and Norway
Rivals: Denmark, Livonian Order and Norway

8M0NxtK.jpg

Spain has the entire Caribbean and it is getting bigger in Mexico as well. Great Britain has Colombia. Portugal has Brazil.

8YTW1k2.jpg

2viLyyU.jpg

With that, I'm considering leaving Europe alone for a while. I can't fight anyone by myself. Looking at my ally options, I have Burgundy, Great Britain and Muscovy. Great Britain would help me against Burgundy, but I don't think both of us can handle it. Burgundy could handle GBR, but it can't handle GBR, Portugal and Spain together.

The worst scenario is a war against Spain and its allies. Just looking at their colonies, I can ensure you that we would lose to them alone.

Even though Commonwealth hates Spain, I don't think they will help at all in a war. We have to consider a defensive position regarding the colonizers for now, maybe build an alliance just to counter any intention Spain might have of fighting us. The weakest spot in Europe is Norway, they have no allies at this moment. But we still have the truce.

Another thing to consider is the agreesive expansion we got from vassalizing France and from taking norwegian land. I don't think a coalition can form, because we countered it by improving relations beforehand. But there's a limit to what improving relations can do.

Our military tech is at 11, most of Europe is at 13-14.

Another option is Africa, if I get a colony there, I could start conquering the west coast. That's the number 1 plan, for now.

To the next chapter: Link

Last edited:
I'd go for alliance with Commonwealth and Burgundy as greater power on same day, and an alliance with Sweden. If you set Spain as your rival yourself, you might be able to ally them with ease. If Austria isn't considered greater power, I'd do alliance with them instead of Sweden. Then Commonwealth can walk through HRE to help out against Spain. But they can anyways, as Commonwealth is ally of Austria.

If you can make great britain a rival aswell, you have a shot at overcoming the -100 malus to ally Austria (if they are greater power), just because Austria is rival of Great Britain.

Spain tends to leave a lot of troops outside of Iberia. If their troops are spread across Italy, Africa and their colonial territory, you have a shot at taking them down, along with Great britain. And it looks like Spain can't walk into North America with ease. Can you handle their fleet defensively against random invasions?

Think big, and just consider risks :) And if Spain attacks you after allying Burgundy, Commonwealth and maybe Austria, they are toast. Especially if you step in and guide their armies around with 1k stacks with attach on.

Thanks for giving the details on the greater powers, I always like to theorycraft possibilities.

Chapter 6: The Native Great Power

Welcome back, my friends. Our warriors are getting used to this new way of life, this western life. They will bring this new found superiority to the followers of the Sun God to prove that there's no such thing as a doomsday.

This chapter's plans:
1) Become a great power
2) Make an alliance to protect us from the colonizers
3) Conquer mexican provinces
4) Build a fleet
5) Get a foothold in Africa

After much time considering our options, I came to the conclusion that we need to take land in Mexico to solidify our position as a great power. Our economy needs to get on par to the europeans before we can think of fighting those strong alliances on our own. To prepare for the wars that will come, we made alliances to Burgundy and Austria at the same time. We also set Great Britain and Spain as rivals.

Uho3iS4.jpg

To start this chapter let's take land from the mesoamericans.

gCqV8GX.jpg

And take more money from the natives to keep funding our wars.

DZ0V4pb.jpg

Just as expected, here comes the british. The coalition members were GBR, Spain, Savoy, Avignon and Ferrara. I said on the last chapter that a coalition wouldn't form, I was wrong about that. But not that it matters, the coalition members are our rivals and three small powers.

Burgundy answered the call, they will be very important in our survival. Austria, unfortunately, dishonored the call. They are at war with a couple of HRE minors and decided they couldn't help us.

hGbSQiJ.jpg

The spanish are the first to arrive, just as the rebels spawned. The spanish carpet siege raises another question. It's false to say that they did this because they couldn't see our troops nearby, they are in fact in sight by being in a coastal province that the GBR fleet just passed by. I can't say for sure that it's false to say that they do this if they feel they are far stronger than the enemy, because at this moment they should be, at least in the ledger. So, I still don't know the answer as to why they carpet siege like that. But, just like the last time, we'll make sure to abuse the mistake they made. First, we have to deal with the rebels.

7Uy9a6m.jpg

Meanwhile, in Europe, Burgundy is destroying the enemies forces. Spain must have brought a big part of their armies to overseas land. GBR as always isn't helping anyone in a war they themselves declared.

pNjfCui.jpg

Finally, time to expel the spanish invaders. They are still carpet sieging, even though they can clearly see our army right there.

s8FzH5J.jpg

With that most of the spanish troops are wiped from our land.

92pZqCe.jpg

The spanish got many of our provinces sieged while we were fighting the rebels. We'll be taking them back in no time.

NCFxK9a.jpg

In the meantime, Burgundy continues to beat the spanish army.

EJCmnp1.jpg

Just to show how strong Burgundy is. I'm glad they are on our side.

hW83R5d.jpg

Even though they are losing the war on their home soil, the spanish keeps sending more troops to our land. We seized their colonies in Mexico, there's a new plan now. Take Mexico for ourselves.

3JOwXph.jpg

Not even the siege of Madrid stops the spanish from embarking more troops towards America.

0hOlhnC.jpg

The war came to an end, in the peace deal we closed the north mexican coast. Spain won't be able to colonize there for a while. We'll also take french provinces back from Great Britain.

5RTw1Qg.jpg

France used to have 100% Liberty Desire, until we increased our DIP and MIL tech which lowered it down a bit. But the deciding factor is the cores we returned, it raised their trust on us. That's how we'll counter their relative power in the following years. More cores back, more trust, less liberty desire. It's important to use the "return cores" option, since that's what raises their trust like that.

bMOVb1u.jpg

We took a few loans during the war, so we need to rob the native bank again.

Gcll9EW.jpg

A new good king and a good heir. We kind of want more DIP points, mainly because our next idea pick should be Diplomatic or Influence, but I guess it's good enough. They are slightly above average and the MIL points will definitely help us get on the same tech as the europeans.

iMrAFoa.jpg

Time to attack the mesoamericans again. We built a colony in Guamares to make claims on two provinces. We'll abandon this colony right after that. It's always good to reduce the core cost every chance you get.

M8Qt7Kr.jpg

Mostly taking provinces we made claims on. Except for Teloloapan. This one is important to isolate the province of Mexico. That's a rich province we'll definitely want to make claims on.

79kwk1n.jpg

I'll use this opportunity to make a complain. I really hate how religious zeal stacks like this. I converted this province two times already and now I can't convert it anymore for a long time.

KyiAxZL.jpg

We'll soon be landing on african soil. It's about time we start our conquest on the rest of the world. We have little more than 220 years left.

AOQRC0v.jpg

We can finally change our government to Administrative Monarchy. We need the money and we definitely need the autonomy decrease over time. Absolute monarchy is next, I can't wait!

zxtvmnu.jpg

I'd like to talk about another trick I really like to use. You might have realized that by looking at the previous screenshots. Yes, double or triple missionary. It's a trick/exploit that DDRJake used on many occasions during his playthroughts, something that I started to use as well. All you have to do is hold enter and quickly press on Send in the missionary screen multiple times. Do it for a while and stop. Sometimes you have to retry a few times before you get more than one missionary in the same province. It's easily done when the game stops to autosave.

This trick is mainly useful to convert high base tax provinces and to get extra papal points.

PSjLSUx.jpg

Well, we found another bank. Right now, we need the money to build a trade fleet.

0kPfnS1.jpg

This one was really rich. We'll be able to build many ships with that.

M8diDjA.jpg

Like that, we are now steering a third of the caribbean trade. Soon, we'll take all the money from here. That's the main plan to starve the spanish, as they rely heavily on their colonies.

dzTAucd.jpg

We're already the 4th economy in the world. We are now definitely a great power. Mission accomplished.

S93vDCk.jpg

To conclude this chapter, here's another look at our current territory. We'll soon close the north american coast. Just you wait colonizers, we are watching you. Make a wrong move and we'll be at your door.

Thank you for taking your time to read this AAR. Please leave a comment if you liked it, please tell me what I can do to make this more enjoyable to you. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Next chapter preview:
Fighting africans, mexicans and europeans.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Loving the AAR, thanks for taking the time to write it! One thing I would love to see if you're down for it is a bit more explanation your strategy - you discuss your tricks and tactics in sufficient detail for me to get a glimpse of how you are playing and thinking about the game, but the strategic goals you list at the beginning read more like a table of contents than a strategy (unless your strategy going in was really just 'strengthen my economy', in which case, I take it back). I'd love to see a little more about your long-term plans so we can see how those plans change over time and how they relate to the gameplay.

Regardless, I love the AAR and will definitely follow it through to it's conclusion.

@quicksabre
Thank you! I'm really glad you like it.

The strategy for each chapter is, indeed, pretty simple. Small steps towards becoming a giant nation. It's all in the process of rolling a snowball.

I do want to talk long-term strategies, but these change all the time. It goes like this: Conquer North-America -> Conquer Africa -> Conquer Asia. Conquer Europe at the same time.

The main strategy for a WC is: never fight a losing war, always attack the weakest nation.

The conquest of Europe must go on small steps to keep the AE low while I'm not strong enough to take the entire continent in a coalition. In that case, I'll be attacking Europe all game long, which country I'll attack there is really up to the AI. I'll only declare war on a nation that has been weakened from a recent war, bad events or if it lost a strong ally. I'll try not to use no-cbs, but as you saw with France, if an opportunity like that arises, I'll have to take it.

At this point, I really want to take the french cores back. But, I can't declare war on GBR as long as they have Spain and Portugal as allies. Eventually, one of them will commit a mistake by declaring or joining a losing war. Another option is that they break their alliance, in which case I can face the weaker one. Meanwhile, I could attack any nation that is losing a war somewhere.

Another issue is Burgundy, it's my greatest ally, but it's also the one with most of the french cores. I'm guessing that it will break the alliance pretty soon, because they want all the french provinces and GBR will probably be out of the picture soon.

Regarding the coring, my current strategy is to feed european land to european vassals. I don't want to deal with rebels in three continents, for now. I also want to try and use my vassals and allies to fight my wars there, while I keep my troops in the Americas and in Africa. I'll certainly bring troops to Europe to fight big wars, but that's something I want to avoid if possible.

I'll definitely talk more about how the plans change along the way. Thank you for the suggestion!

Do you plan on taking the South American lands for yourself or inheriting their CNs by full annex of overlord?

Come to think of it, what happens to a CN in North America if you annex their overlord?

France is looking heathy though. Are you planning on keeping them around until the end of the game? If so, be careful they don't go off and form CNs of their own...

@bbqftw
I plan on inheriting their CNs. I need to keep things simple to assure that we don't end up failing the WC for lack of time.

You inherit a north american CN just like any other if you annex the overlord in the same continent. I wanted to inherit Mexico like that, but after taking a better look at our options at the last chapter, I came to the conclusion that we need Mexico now. Without a strong army and a strong economy, we have no chance of feeding europeans vassals without their liberty desire going sky high.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with France yet. We'll most likely have to integrate them because of the Exploration ideas. Hopefully, we can leave their integration for last. Its ideas picks are ideal for us, besides exploration: Economic (7), Offensive (7), Exploration (7), Defensive (5), Administrative (0).

So, France won't only bring a huge army, it'll probably be the strongest army in the world. Not only that, they picked Administrative, so we can actually feed them land easily.

In theory, you could block off all colonial regions so that France can't possibly get enough cores to form a CN.

But that's a lot of stress on top of juggling all the requirements for the achievements.

As you are building ships now, I would suggest that you use ~60 trade ships for pirateering the caribbean. This should keep you at around 50 Power Projection as you hit Spain and UK together and net you quiet some cash from gold fleetes.

Tadoussac.

Regarding you saying to lose deliberatly to let a sieging doomstack split into smaller parts: isn't the ai scripted to do that if they see no enemy troops within their fog of war? Are you *sure* they take victories into account? As this sounds mighty strange to me. What I usually do is focus on small nations in a war, let main nation army siege and split up, and wipe the siege stacks.

I saw doomstack splitting as you described in ryuykyu aar, battling Ming, lost to Ming bad first battle, and they indeed split up while I licked my wounds.

So, you might be right. If you are, then its nice observation on how to defeat a greater power as ROTW nation.

But i'd need confirmation a few times to accept it as a 100% guaranteed trick.

I have experienced this too while playing ethiopia Ottomans beat my main army then carpet sieged my whole territory with 2K stacks, but they had so many troops that they had still enough for the remaining troops to be more than my beated army so i don't know if that's relevant.

Finished reading btw, it's really nice i like that you explain everything :D
I don't know if you'll be able to do a WC but this will be very fun anyway !

Chapter 7: The Rise of the Blue and the Fall of the Red

- In the past, these so-called vikings invaded our promised land. We fought and we prevailed! We expeled them, but they came back. They are at our doors, once again. I say no more! It's our time to invade their land. To war!

This chapter's plans:
1) Expand our power in Europe
2) Continue to conquer Mexico

This chapter will cover only 17 years, much less than our previous chapters. On the last chapter, we prepared our invasion of Africa and the plan was to get small territories in Europe, just to generate a bit of AE now that would fade away in time. But something changed our plans...

ObEKnno.jpg

Yes, the Red Monster of the East is falling. The rebels are taking control of the land. We must use this, another great opportunity has arisen for us.

yHWZ1I1.jpg

The Scandinavians are alone now. And their MIL tech isn't much better than ours. Denmark has tech 15, ours is 14 for about one more year. We already have the CB to attack Denmark, so let's use it!

xRnwwLX.jpg

Burgundy will join us, we could use this to improve our relations to them. With just a few more incentives, like military access and a province we can create a royal marriage.

8h0ttTH.jpg

Meanwhile, PLC is sabotaging itself. I'm sorry, but I have to make another complain. The AI shouldn't start a westernization when its country looks like this. This is madness.

SY7ukid.jpg

Back to the war, our army has far superior numbers to the Danish. Our general is still rubbish, but we'll have to keep him for a while, until we get enough army tradition to invest in a new one. The maneuver shall help us in these wars where we have the numbers advantage.

DUgFMh0.jpg

The Norwegian are trying to come back to America. We can't have that. This is our land!

C8FSYyq.jpg

We had many reasons to go to war against Denmark. But the real goal is to give land back to Sweden. Yes, that's right, give land back to Sweden. The total war score cost of the Swedish land is 74%, we can vassalize them like that. But we have no-CB. What if we give these two provinces back to them?

E9yaRnf.jpg

Yes, we now have the Religious War CB. We can "Cleanse the Heresy" of the Swedish.

pqed6LN.jpg

Before we go into the war against the Swedish, let me show you what the great PLC has become. We may be able to use this. If we somehow vassalize the Commonwealth, we could return all its cores back. Maybe we could vassalize Muscovy as well and give it all the Russian territory. It's kind of weird to see Muscovy back in the game, after all, it became Russia already. To clarify, this Muscovy has no cores in the Russian territory. Anyway, a catholic Muscovy sounds very nice for us.

BHEUmjU.jpg

This caught me by surprise. I see no reason for the Ottomans to declare us as rivals. Of course, we are a great power, but we have no land they want and we aren't allied to any of its rivals (Spain and Russia). In fact, we would be of a much better use to them as an ally. We have mutual rivals and we are dominating the north while they control the southeast.

UsfWJ5o.jpg

I didn't expect that both Austria and Burgundy would answer the call. Maybe it could prevent them from fighting one another. Pomerania answering the Swedish call is ideal. We have plans for them.

j0TGuqI.jpg

The swedish general is great, but not enough to stop us.

Ysrh6kc.jpg

This war was fast, just two battles and the usual carpet siege. So, let's talk about the Swedish ideas. Administrative, Offensive and Quality are great picks for a vassal. Both the French and the Swedish armies are no joke, two of the strongest in the world combined with military picks. This is going very well for us.

kC0faIj.jpg

The war results. We got a province from Pomerania and a full annex from Sweden. The plan here is to convert all the Swedish people to Catholicism before releasing them as vassals. I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep them as Catholics, since the center of reformations are still converting, but we have to try.

a8rmhZE.jpg

Let's talk about the PLC. Their total war score is 262%, so it would take at least 3 wars for us to vassalize them. We don't have that much time, the PLC cores will disappear around 1655. The best we can do is hope for the events to go our way.

8jpBBZz.jpg

I found something really strange here, a one-sided truce. I thought it happened because TO was released from the PLC, but no one else had this truce. Is it a bug?

lxM6ebb.jpg

The plan here was to bring both TO and Ruthenia in war against the PLC. That would increase the timer on the PLC cores in both of these nations. We can also feed TO and Ruthenia the Polish land to reduce the total warcosts from the PLC. Well, TO won't answer the call because of the truce (?) they have. So, we can discard this alliance. The Pomeranian province was important for us to get a CB on the PLC.

E6WRSpV.jpg

The only reason Ruthenia wouldn't join was their debt. So, we'll give them some money.

JpzT0nv.jpg

There's not much to talk about the war. One battle and the PLC troops were wiped. Carpet siege and it's over. We gave 4 provinces to Ruthenia, no more than that. We don't want them breaking from the overextesion. We have weakened the PLC enough that other countries might attack them. That's what we are hoping for. If the Teutonic Order, Brandenburg, Bohemia or Polotsk attack them, we might be able to vassalize the PLC after our truce is over. Their total warcost now is 171%

yk9MKHY.jpg

Back in Mexico, we'll keep taking the provinces we made claims.

bNWcOB1.jpg

Time to feed Sweden. We'll make both Norway and Finland as cobeligerents, we want their land for our vassal.

EFSsAqa.jpg

Another quick and simple war. The Danish troops went after a small army I left sieging Äland, that let us trap their troops there. The Swedish went after them and stack wiped.

1bFwkJU.jpg

Our vassal has increased in size substantially. Just like France, we returned as many provinces to Sweden as we could. The trust increase will be very important if we are to keep Sweden in the future.

XUkuiHK.jpg

Well, it was strange that Austria and Burgundy didn't join our last war. But, guess what happened? Yup... they are at it again. Meanwhile, Spain and Great Britain aren't doing anything. They keep fighting small natives in Central and South America, but no great powers. Portugal, somehow, lost all its alliances. It's something we could use. We would need to build at least 15 more heavy ships to fight their 14, because of our DIP tech difference. Brandenburg declared war on the PLC, but this war is taking really long.

IfmrF6b.jpg

Here's our territory. Norway has a few provinces in North America, but we'll get them soon. We are ready to take Mali. Sweden is looking strong. The game will get on a much faster pace from now on.

We are currently tech 14/11/16. Ideas are: Exploration (7), Expansion (3), Religious (7), Influence (2).

This concludes another chapter. I'd like to thank everyone who made a comment on this thread. It means a lot to me. I'm really glad that you guys are liking it!

See you next time!

Next chapter preview:
Will the plan to vassalize the Commonwealth work? Will France ever get its cores back? Will we have troops to send to Africa? Check it out on the next chapter!

Last edited:
Reactions:
what an eventful couple of years! France, Sweden, PLC as megavassals - maybe add Brandenburg to the mix? Though that might be too volatile given all the vassals combined strength. You'd have to bulk up yourself substantially.

will the plan to vassalize the Commonwealth work?
Remember that being at war will refresh the 50-year timer for core expiration. So if you can somehow drag polotsk + muscovy and lithuania into war with commonwealth you can assure their cores will live.

Alternatively, as long as you can vassalize before 1655 and declare simultaneous reconquest wars, that will refresh the cores.

That said, I've found Sweden is a subpar megavassal. It lacks either heretic tolerance (France), religious/humanist ideas (Muscovy / PLC), or imperial integrity (Brandenbrg), and as a result, often gets wrecked by the reformation. It's extremely annoying having to babysit your vassal as a result. I remember rage-integrating Scandinavia PU as granada after having to kill 100,000 Norwegian nationalists (even with Sjaelland, the AI can't field large enough armies to deal with permanent religious turmoil) all while trying to enforce a throne-claim on Russia...

Last edited:
This looks promising :) !
You built a lot of stuff, i always thought buildings weren't worth it, are they ? (trading mana vs money or manpower seems kinda bad imo), if you had a western country would you had build all this stuff ?

Why didn't you get call to arms from Austria and burgundy in their war? Was that war having two other warleaders, so that they couldn't call you in?

Regarding commonwealth: were they elective monarchy, and getting noble rebels?

Your move against commonwealth reminds me of how I watched Crimea in my Ryukyu AAR. I did same as you, vassalising tiny nations with a load of cores, and feed them all back.

Was there NO chance for you to install an heir of you on commonwealth throne? If you delivered the last king before commonwealth tumbles to monarchy, you would have gotten a force PU chance if you had royal marriage.

Speaking of PU mechanic, any chances yet at it? Burgundy PU looks promising ;)

Anyways, you clearly show you have great understanding of the game mechanics, and you plan ahead well.

Regarding planning ahead: is your plan to steer trade to from africa towards america?

Last edited:
Anyways, you clearly show you have great understanding of the game mechanics, and you plan ahead well.

There seems to be so many things to take into considerations and it seems so easy to mess up one thing that will destroy your chances of WC i don't know if a WC is more fun or more tedious to do.

Maybe one day i'll try too when i'll understand the game better, you and ikkiks seem to really understand a lot of what's going on in the game (Bit jealous here :D)

Thanks for the comments!

@bbqftw
I'll most likely get a more central vassal than Brandenburg in the HRE. Like Palatinate or Trier. I want to feed the northern territory to Sweden.

Yeah, I'm keeping that in mind. I allied TO and Ruthenia to reset the timer on the PLC cores. If they lose some cores, it won't really be a huge upset, but I definitely want them to keep most of them.

I disagree about Sweden been a subpar vassal. I'll definitely have to fight their rebels a couple of times, specially when I feed it danish land. But their army strength more than makes up for it. If I feed them well, Sweden can completely destroy Russia by itself. If I also get the PLC, I won't ever have to worry about bringing any troops to fight Russia or the HRE.

@Kanno_FR
It all depends on the situation. If I have too many monarch points, yes, I would. In every game I played, I would eventually end up with an excess of MIL points. That's because I don't pick MIL ideas until the late game, so I would build armories everywhere. Manpower is extremely important in a WC.

Temples are always helpful, more so if your economy is weak, like mine was. If I was playing a great power from the start, I might not have built any though. You can get more money from conquering your neighbours than from building. But in this game, I had no more neighbours to conquer. I lost the native buildings after the westernization, so I still think I shouldn't have done so many of them. But it did give me a nice boost at the start, so I'm not really upset about that. I was in the mindset of going all-in from the start, not being efficient, mostly being aggressive.

And WC is definitely more fun to me. Quoting Day9, "Gaming is only fun when it hurts".

@atwix
Yes, two different warleaders: Brandenburg and Commonwealth. Brandenburg called Austria in. Burgundy is Defender of the Faith, so it was called by the Commonwealth. But even when they are warleaders, they don't seem to want me in the war. It must be from the distance between borders. It might be using this to define if they should call me in a war or not.

About the rebels. At first, it was nationalist rebels. Later came noble rebels from their westernization.

I can barely have a royal marriage to Burgundy, the distance between borders was too great for me to get a RM to the PLC.

So, about PUs, Burgundy has a weak heir, but it's a di Savoia. I still can't have any other RM, I still don't have the diplomatic reputation bonus from Influence. I'll probably need dip rep from Diplomatic as well, before I can even try to have RMs to anyone east of Burgundy. I guess I'll end up having to conquer everything, again.

About trade, yes. At least for a while, until I get an end node for me to move my trade capital. The English Channel is my favorite.

as long as Sweden doesn't get stuck in permanent religious turmoil you should be fine...that said, given their lack of missionary strength that is not easy. It's true that Christian religious group has a lot of missionary strength decisions but there's only so much you can do with CoRs + 1 missionary.

If they are still in religious turmoil I'd be careful feeding them cultures because of the -2% unaccepted culture strength malus - I would start with Hannoverian first since they have enough basetax to get almost instant acceptance. I don't think you could ever get Pomeranian accepted since there are only 4(?) provinces with that culture.