• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ikkiks

Major
1 Badges
Nov 24, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hello there, welcome to my WC attempt as... Iroquois! Yes, this will be a WC attempt, not sure how well it will go, as I didn't do a full playthrough as a native american yet. So, spoilers alert, I might restart this game a couple of times, hopefully it will go better with each restart.

Will it be a one-tag WC? I'll try it. So, a heavy vassal WC? Maybe. If not that, at least a world domination!

Please keep in mind that this is my first AAR, so any suggestions are more than welcome!

Table of contents
Attempt 1:
Chapter 1
: The Spider Web and the Baits
Chapter 2: The Winds from the East - Link
Chapter 3: All or Nothing - Link

Attempt 2:
Chapter 4:
Going Back in Time - Link
Chapter 5: The Winds from the West - Link
Chapter 5.5: Taking a Look at Europe - Link
Chapter 6: The Native Great Power - Link
Chapter 7: The Rise of the Blue and the Fall of the Red - Link
Chapter 8: The European Wars - Link
Chapter 9: The Red Throne - Link
Chapter 10: Mostly Feeding - Link
Chapter 11: Iroquois and the Fountain of Youth - Link

Attempt 3:
Chapter 12: The Native Investiments - Link
Chapter 13: The Storm from the West - Link
Chapter 14: Conquering the Conquistadores - Link
Chapter 15: A Game of Taking Thrones - Link
Chapter 16: Sand and Snow - Link
Chapter 17: Mostly Conquering - Link
Chapter 18: The Colombias - Link
Chapter 19: Full Elan! - Link
Chapter 20: The World Conquest - Link
Final Chapter: Post-Game Talk - Link

Chapter 1: The Spider Web and the Baits

Hi, I'll tell you a story about how we, as divine spirits, will guide our dear Iroquois League to glory through all these difficult years...

End of role-play, for now. Let's start by this chapter's plans:
1) Conquer every native close
2) Improve the economy
3) Colonize as much as possible to prepare for the years to come

At this point, as the plans go, we don't need to conquer any of the far away natives. It would be a huge effort for a low reward. What we need is a strong nation, a nation that will survive the europeans when they come.

Opening moves: improve stability and get these decisions. They are very important. -1 unrest and -15% (total) stability cost? Yes, please.

JrEqy11.png

Set focus to DIP, we'll spend a lot of these on the first years and we really need a colonist asap. Set Huron as rivals. Our ruler is old, so we'll need a better and young one. Let's make him a general. Too bad it's a 0/1/0/0. Oh well, not really looking for a good general, I just want another ruler.

Improve relations to Shawnee and Cherokee. After that, any strong nation that might be interested in destroying us in the near future.

Let's also build a Fortified House. We need this force limit.

vjUry6N.jpg

Here we go, first war. Lenape migrated close to us, too bad, easy war, easy vassal.

SUPO8rD.jpg

After this, the same happened to Susquehannock, just another province for Lenape and some money to our pockets.

As soon as these wars end... the first coalition appears and declares war! Oh God, why?

wEABMnA.jpg

Just kidding, it was already planned. I wanted those small nations and Huron in a coalition war against us, that's the whole strategy here. It does look bad, doesn't it? But it really isn't. I got money and Huron won't move. Without a land connection, they don't seem really that interested in fighting.

So, Mahican and Pequot are easy targets. Just a couple of 4 unit armies waiting for us to clean up. Let's hire a few mercenaries and do our job. Just a year later... here we go. Huron, you committed a grave mistake by taking our coalition bait.

oFEvo2G.jpg

Let's put on another bait, a colony in Ontario. That will make Huron move their units and Lenape will come to siege Huron. And... they took the bait. After sieging Tkaronto, Huron's capital is now under siege. Lenape went to Tionontate, as expected, Huron thought it was a good idea to fight them there. No, Huron... that's not how you do it!

yue368S.jpg

The results:

qLGTmlx.jpg

Yeah, the war is over now. Let's just wait for their war enthusiasm to go down or our sieges to end. The results couldn't be better:

u2IREsz.jpg

Another two vassals and a province. We now have control of our rival and second strongest native american. After this, let's pick the stability advancement. Improve our stability and wait for the rebels to come.

Fast forward a few years, the rebels came. The rebels were defeated. But not without trouble, we had to let them siege two provinces while we took most of them down. Just finished Ontario colonization as well.

SqVyItc.jpg

Finally! Our ruler is dead, long live the Chief!

dzbg0qL.jpg

Just another few years of colony building... oh yeah, there's another trick for this. You can keep recalling and sending colonists to close colonies and get both the arrival bonus (+10 settlers) and the new settlers (chance of extra settlers from colonist present) at the end of the month. So, what you want to do is this:
- If the colony is on less than 14 travel time, then recall the colonist at the 1st day of every month, send it back asap. Once he reaches the colony, recall again and send it back. That should give you +20 each month and the chance for the new settlers.
- If the colony is on more than 14 and less than 29, then recall and send the colonist only one time per month.
- If the colony is on more than 29, then you have to analyze the situation. Is it better to get the +10 settlers from recalling or will you get more by letting the colonist work there?

Another important part of that trick is to attack the natives in those colonies. You don't want them attacking your colonies when you keep recalling the colonist, so you need to strike first and reduce them to 0. You could also keep a token force there to protect the colony, but at this point, we don't have the manpower and the money to do that. So, we'll just keep our armies low and with low maintenance.

Let's also build some buildings. Anything that gives more than 0.5 ducats yearly is worth it. We don't need the monarch points now, but we need money. It's time to integrate Lenape as well, they served us well as vassals, they are ready to join the League.

Well, Ottawa have some allies, one of these I can feed to Huron. So, let's do it.

4U7WUZj.jpg

First battle, easy as always. Our armies were already waiting for them to come. The numbers seem close, but it was in fact an offensive attack on a separate unit that stacked up with reinforcements.

mlspUFE.jpg

Another tip, it's pretty simple and I keep seeing people not doing it on screenshots. You don't want all your infantry sieging a province. You'll lose extra manpower for that. Leave only the minimal unit required for the siege to happen there.

va9jXAo.jpg

There's another trick to this. Just wait for it...So, you remember those 12 units that lost the battle earlier. Yeah, that's a stack that won't be easy to beat with that general in a defensive position, right?

Wrong! Here's the trick, they are from different nations, they won't stick together if they have different objectives. That 1 unit sieging will also work as a bait... yeah, another one.

K3Mk5eO.jpg

You see that 5 unit right at Adirondack? It just went to kill my siege. Now it's desperately running to help their allies in Ontario. Too bad, it happened again.

xQcQiYD.jpg

So, let's repeat the bait. The AI will take it again, we know that. But now, it's a double bait! Just a few units in Powatomi sieging, it's not like this huge 11 army will do anything...

1qde12e.jpg

Now, all they have left are the troops in Kichesipi.

imhoXik.jpg

Just siege the provinces and the war is over.

FUKL9oW.jpg

Now, we can go back to colonizing, improving relations and waiting... just wait for the natives to come to our spider web. Anything that comes closer will meet our army. But, let's not improve relations to the small natives.

Pennacook came near Pequot. Time to declare war, another province for our vassal. And then, you already guessed right? Another planned coalition. You might have questions about this. How is these small nations forming a coalition against such a huge tribe? Well, I'm keeping our forces small on purpose. The AI doesn't seem to understand that my 6k army isn't everything I have and that they can't form that huge coalition if I'm the one declaring war.

ddyfK9T.jpg

Easy game, easy life. But wait, here they come again. The rebels! This time, it'll be easier. We aren't the small poor tribe we were once before, now we can defend ourselves with ease. But because of that, we need a general now. Yeah, we didn't have any general from the time Bear Paw died. Why? Because our vassals generals are usually better at this stage of the game.

547ztgH.jpg

The coalition is over. More provinces for our vassals!

N9qm51A.jpg

Another tip, you can minimize those bad events. -1 stability? No problem, we'll declare another no-CB war here and now we have -3 stability. It can't drop lower, no problem!

1u7rMLJ.jpg

Another tribe falls prey to our web, I was waiting for it to ally Fox, we have to declare less no-CBs, the WE is stacking.

lHuuXBY.jpg

In the end, this is the result of the web. We achieved our goals, we are a strong and rich tribe league.

8xigb3q.jpg

The economy:

KbhbsGN.jpg

Just a look at the coalition mapmode:

XJyJV47.jpg

Advancements picked:
Admin: Stability - Unrest
Diplo: Colonist - Better relations over time - Diplomatic Reputation
Military: Morale - Land leader shock

This concludes the first chapter. I hope you liked it. It is my first AAR, I know I have a lot to improve on this. I realized after the first war against Huron, that I should've taken more screenshots. So, I'll try to do it on the next chapters. Don't worry! Any comments or tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, I'll see you next time!

Next chapter preview:
More native conquests, more colonies and we'll wait for a new prey for our web... an european prey. Bwahahaha!

To the next chapter: Link

Last edited:
Reactions:
Like I said before: The (historical) Iroquios Alliance fighting off the colonizers is great AAR material :)

I laughed when you started role play talk and then next sentence "end of roleplay, for now"

Regarding the visual style of AAR, can you please consider placing the explaining text of a screenshot BELOW the screenshot and not above?
I don't know what the general AAR reader prefers, but I prefer looking at the screenshot first, and then reading the explanation/clarification. Or maybe thats just me.

Regarding the general style of the AAR: I like it that you explain what you do, and why, and how. Keep doing that, as I bet playing a tribe like this needs some specific knowledge/explanation on how to play a tribe like this.

I am subbed now and I'll watch this with great interest. Good luck!

P.S. Hows the fishing in the Great Lakes? Here fishie! :D

I'm glad you guys liked it. Thank you! I'm already working on the content for the next chapter. :)

@atwix
I'll post the screenshots first then, I wasn't sure if I should put it before or after as well. I chose the latter because my term papers dictated that I had to describe things first, post images later. So I was kind of used to it.

Hmm well, in a paper the images are not the most important thing.

In an AAR I think the basis is screenshots, where you give explanation what happens in screenshots.

Also, reading the explanation before seeing the screenshot can be confusing ;)

I think I actually prefer it the other way around. Since every writAAR does as he pleases I'm getting confused sometimes when I am trying to match a screenshot with the corresponding text :D

Just do what works best for you.

Subbed.

I like the way you describe the mechanics of your strategies. Some of them I knew, some I didn't, but either way, it's interesting to see how you apply them so I'll definitely be following.

As long as you're consistent with the layout screenshots and the text, I think we can all handle it :)

Reactions:
Thank you guys! I really appreciate it. I'll try to post my screenshots first and describe them later on this chapter. Tell me what you think.

Chapter 2: The Winds from the East

Hi again, our story continues with our brave warriors facing their last rivals, the Cherokee federation and the Creek federation. A well-deserved time of peace awaits after these hard fought decades. As divine spirits, we already knew it wouldn't last long, we can only hope they will be ready for the hardships that will come from the East...

This chapter's plans:
1) Integrate our vassals
2) Convert culture
3) Conquer the southeastern U.S. natives
4) Vassalize OPMs (one province minors) to have them colonize
5) Reform our religion
6) Westernize

Now that we are in a strong position, our first step is to integrate both Huron and Pequot. It's always a good practice to pick missions that give monarch points for objectives that are already in your plans. So, both "Incorporate Pequot" and "Incorporate Huron" are desirable at this point.

j6P6qfA.jpg

We'll soon have a surplus of monarch points, so it's time to start spending it on culture conversions and more buildings. We already picked the most important advancements on the last chapter, except for the tax income one. So, let's pick that one and focus everything else we have on buildings.

w8hEsAc.jpg

Another very important mission is this one, the "Turn X into a city". Always pick it if there is no easy missions available, like insult rival.

gEOjEbV.jpg

- Today I saw something strange in the sea. The shaman tells me the spirits call it a "ship", he told me not to approach it as it brings grave danger. But how could this floating house bring any danger to our mighty tribe?

J0LOkDu.jpg

Our first war this chapter. We'll start a colony in Ohio to gain a land connection to Shawnee. It's an easy war, Shawnee has no allies and a weak army. Full annexation. Our vassals are also both integrated. It's time to prepare for the next target...

GtkoIUp.jpg

But first, let's make things a lot easier for ourselves, shall we? An alliance to our target's rivals will help us defeat them with few casualties on our side. Here's the plan, Creek is between Choctaw and Cherokee, Chickasaw is between Choctaw and Miami. So, they will be fighting between themselves before we come to battle. I expect Cherokee to try to siege me by themselves, so our armies are already there waiting for them to move.

FklDAWm.jpg

Just as expected, they came, they lost. A decisive battle.

68jRRNW.jpg

After that, it became another easy war. Choctaw fought Creek and Chickasaw and they retreated to Osage, only to find our troops there waiting for them. A simple carpet siege, but not the best one for us, right? Our allies will have the control of those provinces after the siege if it ends like this.

B7xIaHV.jpg

There's a common trick. Move a token force to these provinces with "Attach to this unit" checked. Now, order your units to move to an adjacent province and cancel that move. The siege is now yours. When will it not work? When your ally wants a province of that nation, it won't move and it won't let go of the sieges. So, if Creek had claims on Choctaw, they wouldn't move their units. It's important to check these little details before declaring war, otherwise it could mean many years lost just waiting for your allies to leave the war or provinces given to an ally that you wanted for yourself.

IPFwPQM.jpg

The results of the war. Cherokee, Osage and Choctaw are now our vassals. We'll get another province as well, this one will have to wait a few years for us to core it.

B7xIaHV.jpg

It was a short alliance. It's sad to betray them, but how many times did the AI do this to you? Yeah, I'm sure it happened many times, "desires your provinces". Our goal, after all, is a world conquest, so we'll annex them as well!

BaBQKHy.jpg

If not for our money, this war could have been close. But we have many mercenaries to fight for us and we got the enemy by surprise. Our armies are already prepared to invade Creek.

Ocf0KM3.jpg

The AI made some bad decisions. Creek had two different armies marching towards Choctaw. One of them was left behind by not having a general, so we attacked it in a much better position.

q6prgkR.jpg

Of course, the reinforcements from the enemy came, but so did ours. And so, the war went on, with a few easy battles.

yMYjAUf.jpg

This is the last one. I wish we could get some kind of bonus for flanking the enemy like this. In these fast wars, I like to keep consolidating my troops after every battle. It's important to keep them this way to have less casualties and to do more damage. You can always reinforce yourself with separate troops, just like in this image.

O3l6rYQ.jpg

Another vassal and a few provinces for Choctaw. We might go over diplo-relations, but it's better than feeding Cherokee. The Cherokee have that extra core cost, so we don't want to give them any provinces.

3EO50rO.jpg

The southeastern wars are over. We'll have another brief period of peace until we integrate Choctaw, Creek and Cherokee. Our main goal now is to colonize towards the northeast coast to meet the europeans as soon as they arrive.

nZgssmd.jpg

We got lucky! Eased tension event happened, now we can integrate Creek much sooner than planned.

Vx8NPcs.jpg

Two easy wars to get another two vassals. Illiniwek and Caddo. Also, another province for Osage. The whole plan here is to have these three vassals colonize the central U.S. provinces. The trick is to give subsidies to them, like this:
-Send subsidies to a vassal, for example 6 to 10 ducats/month. As soon as the colony starts, cancel subsidies. Now, repeat this on the other two. Keep doing this every time they finish a colony.

Why does it work like that? Well, the AI always had the ability to colonize, but they won't because it's a low priority for them. They will only start a colony if they have a higher income. I'd like to thank @TheMeInTeam for this idea. I used this before with colonial nations and european vassals, but I never thought of using natives like this before. So, thanks TMIT!

All we have to do now is wait for the europeans to arrive.

AAZMsFz.jpg

And, here they are. Much further than I wished them to come. I was hoping for a colony in Nova Scotia, but I guess a colony in Newfoundland is to be expected.

First mistake: I should have started colonizing towards the eastern coast of Canada much sooner. It took much longer to finish these colonies the further I got from my capital. I miscalculated the time I would need to get those colonies up and how I can't build any colony non-adjacent to another one of our provinces. So, even if I have the range and the province is coastal, I can't colonize any of these provinces near the english colony.

1cE2yxF.jpg

As you can see, we lost 24 years just trying to reach an european colony. Bad, bad mistake. And it will get worse...

J2s9Ir3.jpg

Yuuuuuuuuuup... Here we go. The military tech 12 Great Britain against the mighty tech 1 Iroquois. Nope, nope, nope.

fY29RGv.jpg

Here's the strategy for this war. Let our vassals siege Newfoundland by setting objectives to them in the provinces. It's a mechanic that isn't quite explained in the game. I myself didn't realize this existed for a long time. Here's an image showing where you can use it:

eWBdEsp.jpg

Our armies? Well, they have better things to do, like running away.

TgcNHal.jpg

Great Britain wants out, I want out. Let's be friends! (I'll have my revenge GB, just you wait...) Anyway, it's a small price to pay. Maybe Newfoundland will core Mikmaq and we can finally reform and westernize! Yay!

ydyUtUj.jpg

Nope, nope, nope... the rebels are destroying my plans! No cores for newfoundland, no reformation and no westernization. More time wasted...

Second mistake: I should have sold Mikmaq to GB as soon as they made a claim on it. They could get the core, I would reform and no war would have happened. It's getting harder and harder to get a WC on this run, but let's not give up yet! I can still make it with huge vassals.

HdxMD1d.jpg

Mikmaq defected back to us. GB finally finished their colony in Fundy. We can finally reform and westernize! Let's do it... on the next chapter.

Sorry guys, I'm getting close to the image limit, so the westernization will have to wait for the next chapter. It didn't go as well this time as it did on the first chapter. I never expected that this would be the hardest part of this game yet, it went so much better on my test-run.

I hope you liked it, if you did please leave a comment. If not, please tell me what I can do to make it more enjoyable. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reading. Until next time!

Next chapter preview:
Westernization, revenge, ships and discovering the world! Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Reactions:
What will make you consider restarting, if you decide to do so?

I think you indeed should have colonized to the northeast, and getting a port like Tadoussac.

You might have a shot then at seizing the second colony of England, and starting westernisation immediatly when the seized colony finishes.

Edit: You can WALK into Newfoundland from your position, there is a strait (strait of Belle Isle in Chisedec province). So you could have seized the second colony they had (if there are no troops in the first), peace out and start westernising. You can even stand in the province next to the second colony, declare and seize it without getting black flagged, and peace out a month later with war reparations and some gold.

...Or not? Don't know if mechanics involved are still the same.

Hope you don't mind me trying to make this aar interactive ;)

Last edited:
What will make you consider restarting, if you decide to do so?

I think you indeed should have colonized to the northeast, and getting a port like Tadoussac.

You might have a shot then at seizing the second colony of England, and starting westernisation immediatly when the seized colony finishes.

Edit: You can WALK into Newfoundland from your position, there is a strait (strait of Belle Isle in Chisedec province). So you could have seized the second colony they had (if there are no troops in the first), peace out and start westernising. You can even stand in the province next to the second colony, declare and seize it without getting black flagged, and peace out a month later with war reparations and some gold.

...Or not? Don't know if mechanics involved are still the same.

Hope you don't mind me trying to make this aar interactive ;)

Colony seize won't work, it's on the same continent so he'd have a completed city with no core, and no coring range to it. Unlike Mesoamerica/Inca you really don't want to rush ADM 4 as councils either so it's not like he can just use Brazil.

Best bet is to try to catch a native tribe up there early and subsidize it into colonizing so it stays put, then annex it later, but the game doesn't always cooperate in that regard. Early conquest DoW is pretty unlucky, you can win these wars pretty easily if you reform the government. I would actually advocate keeping councils near the coast alive as vassals or even free and given them the subsidy/cancel. You want all the tribes colonizing, makes it really easy and fast to take with colonial conquest later and no nationalism once you westernize because they're "primitives" (lol). Most common AI landing spots are Beothuk/NE, northern Canada (the AI alone knows why), Louisiana and the estuary in the Rio Grande node, so those are good places to try to concentrate vassal colonization to fish for a western border.

In practice, though, reforming a council to ADM 10 with 3k points banked and just filling out ideas --> westernize works too. This is the most painful westernization in the game though, if you go Christian, and for WC you probably should.

aaah yes forgot about the no core thing. Silly really.

I was already thinking some sort of mechanic prevented the move I suggested.

Glad you clarified it out TMIT.

I bet you are Ikkiks personal advisor on this :)

@atwix
I will restart if I think the WC isn't possible or if the situation becomes really bad. I still think it's possible, but I need to plan things better now. The worst case scenario, this will still work as a test-run for the next game. I still don't know how well my european invasion will go and how much I need to take to make the WC on time. I have much experience in an asian WC, but it's completely different to a native american WC.

I'm glad you're following this! I'll need your help. I'm going catholic, so PU's are on the table. Is there a short version of what would you do to get a PU without moving capital?

@Stuckenschmidt
I'll have my revenge!

@TheMeInTeam
I pretty much did this, except that I discarded my military points. As much as I hate to do this, I lost too much time on this and I need to get the conquest going asap. So, I'm thinking: exploration - expansion - religious. I can't go into Europe right away, but Africa and Asia should be easy.

About the no core, I think I could have done it if I didn't integrate Pequot and fed it like I did. If I restart this, I'll get two vassal in Canada and have them colonize asap.

PU will be hard, since royal marriages will have a HUGE range malus. Still, its NOT impossible.

If you stack "enemy of enemy" bonus and attack an enemy of the greater power you want to ally, then they usually go friendly status, which usually allows a RM, even with minus 100 range malus for them to accept.

You might be able to ally FRANCE, simply because England won't be friendly.

What you need to do, is basically "sunset invasion" achievement strategy.

I have seen plenty sunset invasion attempts where the players have a PU over Castille/portugal, ally France, and bash the rest.

What I would focus on first is trying to explore entire Europe coast, and prey on an OPM that is occupied and in a war. Declare on that OPM, land troops, and once the other war stops you can occupy them yourself.

ONCE you have an OPM (like the Irish OPM, East Frisia, the knights, Urbino, Navarra etc) in West Europe, you can ally greater powers there easily.

Unlike royal marriages, alliance making gets NO range malus towards your capital. It takes into account any province you own, CORED OR NOT.

So once you own any europe province (or even north african), you can ally France or so with ease.

Chapter 3: All or Nothing

Hello, our brave warriors are still fighting the invaders, they are tired, unrest is rising, they are losing faith, and dark times are coming.

This chapter's plans:
1) Reform and westernize
2) Become catholic
3) Convert provinces to catholicism
4) Colonize the east coast
5) Expel the europeans from America

After the mistakes I did on the last chapter, we have to make some desperate moves and try to get back on track. It's all-in.

eERodAY.jpg

The reform didn't go as well as it could, because we got the tech from Newfoundland instead of Great Britain. Westernization starts now.
Ideas picked: Exploration - Expansion.

gK80MYH.jpg

Just a few months later, we convert ourselves to catholicism. Catholic is probably the best religion for WC available to us. The papal game is much better than it used to be, as long as we keep conquering heathen/heretics, we'll always have papal points. We can spend those on legitimacy, stability, manpower.

4qNrt2b.jpg
Dj3X066.jpg

We desperately need missionary power and missionaries. So, it's time to embrace the counter-reformation and become the defender of the faith. Let's start converting our people!

yRZVG8n.jpg

- The shaman is unhappy with our Chief... or is it King? So many changes are going on. I don't know what to believe anymore. Did the divine spirits abandon us?

Here comes the rebels. This is just one screenshot, but believe me, they raised every two years. It's a non-stop fight against our own people. But it was expected, so we handled it with ease.

r2uDQFd.jpg

And France joined the party. Not exactly good, but maybe we can do something about that.

RifwNAE.jpg

The oldest trick in the book. The BBB alliance. What can I say? We are in desperate times, we need all the help we can get.

TA961gm.jpg

After 15 years, we are now westerns. Everything went as expected. It's time to tech up, time is ticking.

JkedNck.jpg
PEmGpuN.jpg

And the map is revealed. I can't believe how much Portugal colonized Brazil. Spain is huge, absolutely huge. Austria is another monster. Poland disappeared. Russia is invading Lithuania. France looks much weaker than I expected. The strong Bohemia saddens me. This is bad, real bad.

JteI0Wu.jpg

A year later, the 30 years war begins. This looks terrible for our ally.

bk3xIqK.jpg

At least good news. A good heir from an event. The legitimacy doesn't matter much, we are already on the red. It won't change much.

r0pG9Ue.jpg

I waited for us to get MIL tech 12, to get our military tactics up on the british level. We need to do it soon. It's do or die.

Oi5dTQ3.jpg

Of course, France can't help us. They are getting destroyed by Austria and Spain.

2JB0Blc.jpg

After a few small battles and a carpet siege on Nova Scotia, the war looks okay.

Vn0ui3s.jpg

And the british armies arrived. Right on time.

QSNPPmH.jpg

Suicidal attack! Don't worry, it's all planned.

BnsAj5i.jpg

After a few months, we are back in Mikmaq blocking the exit. The british decide it's a good move to use their ships to disembark on our land. They are over confident after their victory in battle (heh!).

RLsbjZE.jpg

It's time to hit their isolated troops. They will pay for ever coming to America. Those are only a few of the many small battles we had. 1/4 of their total army was lost by doing this.

KI0YSLX.jpg

Now, the only one left to fight is their main army. Oh, look at that, they don't have enough infantry. Just as planned. Unfortunately, they retreated to Newfoundland, we can't cross the strait, so there's no way for us to stack wipe them yet.

W4EVA2S.jpg

After a few months they came back, and... whaaat? Some 0-2 rolls made us lose an otherwise decisive battle.

CMlxwjH.jpg

No problem, we came back to beat them. Again, the AI got overconfident with their victory. So, another couple of small enemy forces were destroyed.

SshntPs.jpg

Here comes the enemy reinforcements. It looks like it's the rest of their troops.

jUY73ww.jpg

Did we break the AI? I don't know why they did this again. Oh well...

OEc2Fx7.jpg

The war is pretty much over. We can take everything after the sieges are done. We got our first step towards our revenge.

Y79Bj4b.jpg

And France got a claim on the eastern coast. The losing war on Europe didn't stop them from colonizing. This means France will hate us pretty soon. So, we got two choices: convert (again) to another religion to break this treaty of tordesillas, because with that treaty we can't have any papal influence so catholicism is useless to us now. Or we can restart and do it better!

I think we should restart. We could still continue, but I can guarantee that the next game will get much better than this one. I learnt a lot on this run, so we can do it all again and get our revenge by going all-in all game long. What do you think?

This is the end of this chapter. Thank you for reading, thank you for all the comments. Once again, I hope you liked it, if you did please leave a comment. If not, please tell me what I can do to make it more enjoyable. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

See ya!

Next chapter preview:
Restart? Continue?

Last edited:
Reactions: