• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They could add HTML to tell the Google bot not to crawl the site anymore. That way it'd drop out of Google search results eventually.
It'd probably be possible to make every page 301 redirect to the same page on the new wiki; that should even make Google transfer the search ranking I believe.
Shouldn't be too difficult either, so as long as I can actually get in touch with someone with FTP access to Paradoxian I can instruct them how to do it.

Last edited:

Time to get down and party like it's 1899
gardenparty-1.jpg

Thank you !

I'd like to call editors' attention to a project: I'm currently making a model country guide for the United States. The idea is that we will collaboratively edit the guide until we agree that it's basically perfect; the ideal that other country guides should try to emulate. Once we do this, we can replace the current USA guide with it, and edit other country guides (which are inconsistent at the moment) to match its style. I think making an actual model is preferable to discussing a standard structure without seeing it in practice.

Now, for this to work, many people in the community need to look at the guide and try to make it better. Otherwise it's just my idea of what makes a good guide, which defeats the point. It would be great if you guys could comment on the page and propose changes, or edit it yourself. Any deletion/addition/reorganization of sections and content is up for debate.

The statistics that would be the most interesting, in fact, would be a ranking of the most visited articles of the Wiki. Wiki authors could then have a clue where work is needed :)

Howdy all. I've joined the wiki crew, and hope to prove my zeal with the addition of a page dedicated to the mechanics for occupying a province. I'd quite appreciate it if people could verify my findings independently. Data collection was been tough, and there was something of a learning curve as I nailed down how things worked so my earlier data isn't as helpful as my later data.

Howdy all. I've joined the wiki crew, and hope to prove my zeal with the addition of a page dedicated to the mechanics for occupying a province. I'd quite appreciate it if people could verify my findings independently. Data collection was been tough, and there was something of a learning curve as I nailed down how things worked so my earlier data isn't as helpful as my later data.

Thank you for your work. :) I can take a look at the article later today, though I don't think I'll have the time to replicate your findings, I'm afraid.

The statistics that would be the most interesting, in fact, would be a ranking of the most visited articles of the Wiki. Wiki authors could then have a clue where work is needed :)

Ah, but should we improve the most popular articles to serve more of our readers, or improve the unpopular articles to get more people to read them? :p

Last edited:
Any idea how or whether I could integrate my "analysis threads" into the wiki ? They have a different slant and look more like an "Advanced User Manual", while the Wiki is a reference / strategy guide. Does it make sense to add a new section for them or should they just be two different projects ?

See this page.
Any idea how or whether I could integrate my "analysis threads" into the wiki ? They have a different slant and look more like an "Advanced User Manual", while the Wiki is a reference / strategy guide. Does it make sense to add a new section for them or should they just be two different projects ?
They look like they could fit in well on reference pages with a bit of rewriting to make them 3rd person and less "subjectively" written.
Could probably cut down a lot of the evidence in favor of just telling people the numbers and just leaving a bit of evidence to make it clear that the numbers aren't pulled right out of the air.

I've now set up approximately 100 more redirects, so finding what you want should be even easier. I also improved the formatting of some of the pages imported from Paradoxian, merged a few duplicate pages, and moved some pages to more appropriate titles.

Thank you Meneth ! You are one hard-working fella'.

I've consulted some of the guides out there. Sure, all the guides can't be as good as my guide for the Netherlands :)cool:) but some of the country guides out there really suck. I can think of a few that don't follow the guidelines which makes for a very subjective experience. For one, I think that the CSA or Québec articles need an overhaul.

By the way, Meneth, do you still have the files that you imported from the Wiki we first had (the one we started with and not the Paradoxian one)? Because I had updated the Victoria II article on there and now we have the un-updated page from the Paradoxian Wiki.

Last edited:
By the way, Meneth, do you still have the files that you imported from the Wiki we first had (the one we started with and not the Paradoxian one)? Because I had updated the Victoria II article on there and now we have the un-updated page from the Paradoxian Wiki.
Everything I've imported is still on the wiki, either as a live page or in revision histories. The same applies to the images I imported.

Thank you Meneth ! You are one hard-working fella'.

I've consulted some of the guides out there. Sure, all the guides can't be as good as my guide for the Netherlands :)cool:) but some of the country guides out there really suck. I can think of a few that don't follow the guidelines which makes for a very subjective experience. For one, I think that the CSA or Québec articles need an overhaul.

Before we can really start overhauling the country guides (and many are in dire need of an overhaul, I agree), we need to agree on a common structure. I'd love to have your input on the model country guide.

Before we can really start overhauling the country guides (and many are in dire need of an overhaul, I agree), we need to agree on a common structure. I'd love to have your input on the model country guide.
Well, we've got one guy (Styopa) that is working on rewriting the country guides imported from Paradoxian based mostly on the current model country guide.
Even if we do change the guide significantly, it should be much easier to update his finished guides than to rewrite from scratch, so I think rewriting even now helps out.