• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think we can easily get an article's worth of information on any country, if we're thorough. A standardized article format with all relevant information about that country, for reference. We'd only need to add strategy guides for countries as people write them. That way, we can have an article on every country, that is informative, objective and standardized, regardless of whether somebody has written a strategy guide for it.
Sure, but there's no real reason we couldn't just prepend the guide to the country article. People who search for a country often do it both because they want to know more about it and want to play it, so providing both on one page seems the most sensible.

Good guides tend to be fairly lengthy and cover a wide variety of topics (and have a lot of sections because of it), though...wouldn't that make the country articles long and messy?

Good guides tend to be fairly lengthy and cover a wide variety of topics (and have a lot of sections because of it), though...wouldn't that make the country articles long and messy?
Currently the longest country page is Prussia at 24k bytes. Doesn't seem too unwieldy.

There, now pretty much every single page and category on the wiki conforms to the naming standards.
Ended up going a bit overzealous and deleting every wrongly redirect too, but I think I've fixed every redlink that resulted in.

I agree heartedly.
Most of the country pages are small enough that I don't think it'd make much sense to split them in two.
However, changing the category to Country/Countries instead and sticking that category in both Reference and Strategy would make sense.
Do see the talk topic I created on the Style Guidelines page; we need to decide on a standard for category naming before I can make any changes.

There shouldn't be a problem to have a country's starting position and strategy guide on one page. If people want to know that much about a country that it will clutter everything they should probably buy a book.

If it however happen to become a problem, its pretty easy to split the pages later.

Put the POP demand mod Wiki into Vic2 wiki

I really don't like putting information from a mod into pages about Vanilla. Would be much better if POPDemand had its own wiki´article (or manual) mentioning any differences

Compiled some stats for edits across all 3 wikis (CKII, EU4, V2) in the last 30 days:
dF14AK4.png

Compiled some stats for edits across all 3 wikis (CKII, EU4, V2) in the last 30 days:
dF14AK4.png
All my previous edits (the wiki started by Niptium) are not included, while they are way more.
And perhaps the amount of bytes is better, Meneth redirected a lot of pages, that gives a lot of edits.
Anyway good to see a large amount of activity.

All my previous edits (the wiki started by Niptium) are not included, while they are way more.
And perhaps the amount of bytes is better, Meneth redirected a lot of pages, that gives a lot of edits.
Anyway good to see a large amount of activity.
Yeah, no way to import the old stats I'm afraid, especially now that the Shoutwiki wiki has been taken down.
There's been a decent amount of activity on the V2 wiki since the move, so I believe it'll continue to grow well. The only issue right now is that it is beaten by the Paradoxian wiki in the Google results, so people end up going there instead even though that wiki is outdated.

Then they will see the lack of HoD stuff and search further I hope. :happy:

Then they will see the lack of HoD stuff and search further I hope. :happy:
Hopefully.
What'd be better is if we do eventually manage to reach an admin of the Paradoxian wiki, and have him put up an announcement that the wiki has moved.

If the admins there would be active, then why would we need the new wiki in the first place? :confused: