• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Speaking of content requests, I'd like to see decisions listed and some mechanics explained, such as admin efficiency, maybe how much extra beaurocrats each reform requries.

Great work on the logo, Meneth

Speaking of content requests, I'd like to see decisions listed and some mechanics explained, such as admin efficiency, maybe how much extra beaurocrats each reform requries.

Keep in mind that if you want a decision, you can always find it in the game files. It's not as elegant as a proper English description, but you don't have to be in the dark. I think explaining mechanics should be a priority; that would be very useful, I agree.

Paradox has now given us written permission to use game assets on the wiki. All Paradox assets (primarily images) are copyrighted by Paradox and licensed to the wiki for use; using those assets in other places than the wiki is thus not necessarily legal, but something one would have to ask Paradox about. The following applies to all such assets: Copyright © 2013 Paradox Interactive AB. www.paradoxplaza.com
Anything created purely by editors (primarily text, but also some images) is owned by the wiki but can be used on other websites under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license. We will be changing to CC BY-SA 3.0 once all pages imported from Paradoxian have been rewritten to ensure that they are original works. So if you want to use any assets owned by the wiki on other websites or for any other purpose you can do so without requesting permission as long as you give attribution and license it under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0. Once the wiki changes licensing you are not obligated to change licensing yourself, but you are free to do so.

Tl;dr: Anything owned by Paradox, including game screenshots, is owned by Paradox and you'll have to deal with them when it comes to licensing. Anything owned by the wiki can be used for any (non-commercial for now) purpose assuming you attribute it to the wiki and distribute it under the same license. Anything else on the wiki may be public domain or licensed under other agreements.

Is the license change so we can pull things in from Wikipedia better?
The license change is due to having ads while having content licensed under a non-commercial license is somewhat of a grey area. Better to get out of that grey area than to suffer for it at some point in the future.
Being the same licensing as Wikipedia is just an added bonus.

Didn't realise you had a Vicky2 wiki also... it will be nice to have a live one again!

I'm a big fan of the simple front page of the paradoxian version... any chance of making the "sections" part of the front page more prominent... the right hand margin is the website equivalent of deepest darkest Africa when it comes to web users typical eye scan patterns.

Didn't realise you had a Vicky2 wiki also... it will be nice to have a live one again!

I'm a big fan of the simple front page of the paradoxian version... any chance of making the "sections" part of the front page more prominent... the right hand margin is the website equivalent of deepest darkest Africa when it comes to web users typical eye scan patterns.
Yeah, the front pages of both the CKII and Vic2 wikis are due for updated front pages. In the case of the CKII Wiki, this is planned for once the merge category has been emptied.
On the Vic 2 front however it's more of a case of me not being quite well enough immersed in Vic 2 to know quite what should go on the front page, so redoing it is easier said than done.
And either way, a new front page for CKII would come first, with the Vic2 one being redone later based on it.

So if you want to see a redesigned front page, help out with the CKII Wiki merge category ;)

So if you want to see a redesigned front page, help out with the CKII Wiki merge category ;)

Absolutely shameless blackmail!
Fine. Education done.

Right, so I'm planning to put up a front page of sorts for all the wikis, like Paradoxian has.
Any idea what I could call the wiki network? My best idea so far has been just "Paradox Wikis", but it's not the most exciting name ever.

There is now a unified front page for the wiki network as a whole:
3LwzsZr.png

I've updated all the wiki logos to correspond with the Paradox Wikis logos, as according to my tests they perform better, and most people I've asked have preferred them over the old logos.

I've also just launched a Hearts of Iron 3 wiki.

The version template has been simplified to work like on the CKII Wiki. Rather than version numbers for each expansion, now just the expansion the page is up to date for is listed.
This has been applied to all pages with a version template. Any content page without a version template now has one as well.

So the outdated category is now essentially complete. There's 141 pages in it, so a lot of work will be needed to get the wiki properly up to date, but now no pages should be missed.
Please help out if you can, just go to the outdated category here, and start updating whatever you feel like.

This thread made it to The stickies!

Victorian-Tea-Party.jpg

Lets party like its 1889!

Last edited:
I'd really like to see a list of what rebels you can get, what they're called (usually it's self-explanatory, but Anarcho-Liberals are called the Citizens Guard I believe; plus the Jacobins), and what they do if they control what for how long. I might even start it.

Paradox has now given us written permission to use game assets on the wiki. All Paradox assets (primarily images) are copyrighted by Paradox and licensed to the wiki for use; using those assets in other places than the wiki is thus not necessarily legal, but something one would have to ask Paradox about. The following applies to all such assets: Copyright © 2013 Paradox Interactive AB. www.paradoxplaza.com
Anything created purely by editors (primarily text, but also some images) is owned by the wiki but can be used on other websites under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license. We will be changing to CC BY-SA 3.0 once all pages imported from Paradoxian have been rewritten to ensure that they are original works. So if you want to use any assets owned by the wiki on other websites or for any other purpose you can do so without requesting permission as long as you give attribution and license it under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0. Once the wiki changes licensing you are not obligated to change licensing yourself, but you are free to do so.

Tl;dr: Anything owned by Paradox, including game screenshots, is owned by Paradox and you'll have to deal with them when it comes to licensing. Anything owned by the wiki can be used for any (non-commercial for now) purpose assuming you attribute it to the wiki and distribute it under the same license. Anything else on the wiki may be public domain or licensed under other agreements.

Does this mean we can post all the Paradox-created country flags (i.e., communist Deseret) on the wiki for reference?