Vassals not counting as diplomatic relations?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kljunas

Field Marshal
48 Badges
Jan 27, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
In my current game my vassals stopped being counted as "relations" in the diplomacy screen at some point. They're still my vassals but they don't add to the number of relations (unless I have another relation, like a royal marriage, with them). Is this a bug or is due to technology or HRE reforms (I'm the emperor)? I have all the reform except for the last two.

Speaking of HRE reforms, there's one that gives "+25% to imperial authority" according to the tooltip but I'm not seeing any change regarding authority after I've enacted it.

It may be because it would kill any HRE game as second to last reform makes all HRE members your vassals.And vassal is not exarly independent nation as it can have diplomacy only with its overlord.

Speaking of HRE reforms, there's one that gives "+25% to imperial authority" according to the tooltip but I'm not seeing any change regarding authority after I've enacted it.
You get 1.25 IA every time you'd get 1. Game doesn't display fractions, but you can see it when you add provinces to empire - you'll 5 points for 4 provinces.

... I have all the reform except for the last two. ...
The HRE vassalisation reform doesn't give any counting vs diplomatic relations. Imagine 10, 20, 30 vassals and they count ... OMG!

Yours,
AdL

Edit: Emu'ed

You get 1.25 IA every time you'd get 1. Game doesn't display fractions, but you can see it when you add provinces to empire - you'll 5 points for 4 provinces.

Thanks. The way it was written made made me think it was a flat +25 right away or on the death of the emperor.

The HRE vassalisation reform doesn't give any counting vs diplomatic relations. Imagine 10, 20, 30 vassals and they count ... OMG!

Yours,
AdL

Edit: Emu'ed

I don't have the vassalisation reform, only the previous one.

Please clarify. Is it vassals don't count for the Emperor? Or HRE vassals don't count for the Emperor? Or vassals don't count after a certain reform?
After enacting the "Revoke the privilige", the emperor vassalises all HRE members (not sure, if they accwept by default or may refuse/dow the emperor). From what I remember having read elsewhere here on the forum, those vassal (and only those vassals) don't count towards diploatic relations.

I hope I was a bit more clear.

Yours,
AdL

I had that to, the one reform before you vassalize the members removes the upkeep. Only had to pay upkeep because of the RM with them.
Ah. That's it. Just confirmed. It's the 6th reform (the hereditary Emperor one) that does, indeed, make vassals within the HRE (and having no other diplomatic relations) free of diplomatic upkeep.

Good to know.