Update on next Development Diary timing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People really need to chill out, the DLC's will come! The problem with society these days is that everyone expects instant gratification, no-one has any patience any more! Yes you may have already bought the DLC but at no point did PDX say when they would be released, you purchased them not knowing therefore that is your own fault, not PDX. Sure a wee bit more transparency would be nice but no one "deserves" to be told anything we're lucky PDX provide any sort of Dev Updates lots of Studios don't. Stop the bitching and the whining and if people genuinely believe that 5-6 months is a long time to not get a DLC for a video game, life is not going to be kind to you!

Yeah I am of this mindset too. Like I really have absolutely no interest in Byzantines and never play as them. However, aware that purchasing the Royal Edition I am taking a gamble on whether expansions interest me, so if it turns out to be something about them I don't have much grounds for disappointment.

Reactions:
CK2 has:

Glitterhoof
Hidden bears
Cat councilors
Stuffing people after executing them and put them in a "macabre banquet" display
Eating people to gain their power
Immortality
Making Glitterhoof immortal through sharing your magical blood with him/her
Ability to trap an immortal rival under your capital city as a perpetual motion machine giving massive bonuses
Demon worshippers who eat their own children
The antichrist, sometimes with the three witches of legend Morgana, Circe, and <I forgot the third's name> backing him with event troops
Finding the Holy Grail and Lance of Longinus during crusades
Handguns that vastly increase your ability to kill others in duels
Herbal potions that insta-cure any stress or depression
A literal Fountain of Youth that reduces your age (or increases it for Lunatics)
...and more

CK3 has:

Lots of congenital traits you can breed for and reinforce

Which is the meme game again? ;)

Those were all events and stories you could participate in to create the memes, CK3 has no "meat" for the memes, that's exactly what I was saying. Never said that CK2 wasn't a meme game, but that it had events to feed the memes through actual event storylines.

Of which some you mentioned yourself.

Read the post before responding.

And then you added "CK3 has lots of congenital traits you can breed for and reinforce".

So, you're saying exactly the same thing I said, which was:

I don't think it's war focused, if it was - war would be better implemented and tactically deeper, it's just that the war is the only thing you can actually DO.

What I believe the focus was, not only after a 100 hours of gameplay, but also what I suspected prior to release, watching the promo videos of two guys playing and reacting to some events and situations in the game, is that they read humorous and highly rated Steam reviews and built the game around that.

Basically, their priority were the memes.

In CK2 priority were your stories, that generated the memes organically, through player experiences (every playthrough was truly a unique story), in CK3 they went straight for the meme content without the actual meat of the experience.

I feel like it was more like:
"Haha imagine when they create a lineage of genius inbred beautiful strong albino dwarves who rule the world through a dynasty of thousand Muslim Tyrions"
instead of being something like:
"Hey, look at this event storyline I wrote, does it seem fun?"

There, now you can actually read it before you respond.

Reactions:
CK2 has:

Glitterhoof
Hidden bears
Cat councilors
Stuffing people after executing them and put them in a "macabre banquet" display
Eating people to gain their power
Immortality
Making Glitterhoof immortal through sharing your magical blood with him/her
Ability to trap an immortal rival under your capital city as a perpetual motion machine giving massive bonuses
Demon worshippers who eat their own children
The antichrist, sometimes with the three witches of legend Morgana, Circe, and <I forgot the third's name> backing him with event troops
Finding the Holy Grail and Lance of Longinus during crusades
Handguns that vastly increase your ability to kill others in duels
Herbal potions that insta-cure any stress or depression
A literal Fountain of Youth that reduces your age (or increases it for Lunatics)
...and more

CK3 has:

Lots of congenital traits you can breed for and reinforce

"Paradox just focussed on the memes when developing CK3" is the real meme.

Reactions:
1613475454283.jpeg

pyFY72V.gif

Attachments

• 1613475395575.jpeg
    1613475395575.jpeg
    10,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1613475408644.jpeg
    1613475408644.jpeg
    5,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Guy, stop hijacking the thread.

We are trying to lure out some info from developers not you.
You realise that no Devs have posted in this thread right? And this isn't where they're going to post an announcement?

But I do apologise so to get back on topic.

My Prediction! 14:00 GMT Today new Dev Diary based on previous ones and the rumours about it being today.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You realise that no Devs have posted in this thread right? And this isn't where they're going to post an announcement?

But I do apologise so to get back on topic.

My Prediction! 14:00 GMT Today new Dev Diary based on previous ones and the rumours about it being today.

Hey, I'm pretty sure some of the guys responding here are Paradox employees. How else do you have 1000s of messages on a video game forum if you aren't paid for it? Either employees in charge of forums or closely affiliated/freelancing (youtubers, promoters, etc.).

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Hey, I'm pretty sure some of the guys responding here are Paradox employees. How else do you have 1000s of messages on a video game forum if you aren't paid for it? Either employees in charge of forums or closely affiliated/freelancing (youtubers, promoters, etc.).
Yeah you're right however and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a lot of the Moderators aren't Devs. Plus I specifically stated "this thread"

Which if you use the "show only Dev responses" you will see that this specific thread doesn't have any Dev responses and I'm pretty sure that the Devs will just post a new Dev Diary instead of dropping into this thread to tell us they're doing so.

Could be wrong but I don't think I am.

• 2Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Yeah you're right however and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a lot of the Moderators aren't Devs. Plus I specifically stated "this thread"

Which if you use the "show only Dev responses" you will see that this specific thread doesn't have any Dev responses and I'm pretty sure that the Devs will just post a new Dev Diary instead of dropping into this thread to tell us they're doing so.

Could be wrong but I don't think I am.

You're right, yeah. I honestly apologize, I see what you meant. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:

You are absolutely right. I just hope as time passes and more DLC are available they don't follow the same path tread by CK2 when it regards to memes...

Reactions:
What if they're releasing the new content pack TODAY? :oops:

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.