• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cast my vote for Lord Satake one final time.

[Kanto]

~Foreign Minister Motoro Kusenagi, Lord of Yokohama

OvZb4Gp.png

Upon reviewing the suggestions of the Roju council, it is within my power to appoint Daimyo Satake Yoshihiro ((Firehound15)) as Tairō of the Roju council. May he guide the Shogunate in its decisions well.

-Shogun Tokugawa Ieyoshi

----------

Player Actions Needed: Firehound15 you should know the drill by now. I will give you one day (Tuesday at 9:00 PM EST or Wednesday at 1:00 AM GMT) to select advisors and produce a budget to be voted on by the Daimyo Council. Regional Daimyo should also send me orders regarding whether or not they want to raise new troops/build ships in their region. I also wish to have orders from the other Advisers in before the run-through (by my calculations, will be held on Thursday at 9:00 PM EST or Friday at 1:00 AM GMT) along with Regional Daimyo orders.

Name: 武田三郎 | Takeda Saburo
Born: 28 July, 1801
Specialty: Ronin
Province: Chubu

Bio: Saburo is the self-exiled third son of a famed and respected Daimyo. His father since died and, faced by dishonourable actions and outright treachery from his two older brothers, he decided to forego his birthright and ride to the North of Nippon. Relatively rich and adept at strategy, Takeda Saburo belongs to the highest class of Samurai.

While his family intended for Saburo to be schooled in the Shinto faith as a monk, he always took more of an interest in combat; both of the dueling and battle kind. After much practise (mostly out of his family's sight), he considered himself a good fighter and a better leader, and finally his father let him join the family's army as a captain. Until his father's untimely death, Saburo served in it faithfully.

Now, almost 3 years later, Takeda Subaro is eager to serve a Daimyo once more and lead his armies into battle. However, he has serious reservations about pledging allegiance to the Regional Daimyo, Ota Sukekatsu, because of his relatively young age and plans to modernise. As Subaro makes up his mind, he'll just keep an eye on Lord Ota for now...

Last edited:
=ADVISORY COUNCIL=

Tairō:
Satake Yoshihiro ((Firehound15))

Foreign Adviser:

Motoro Kusanagi, Lord of Yokohama ((Terraferma))

Interior Adviser:

Uesugi Narinori, Lord of Niigata ((Dadarian))

Financial Adviser:

Date Narikuni, Lord of Sendai ((Otto of england))

War Adviser:

Date Munenari, Lord of Uwajima ((Riccardo93))

Ōmetsuke (Justice Adviser):
Ito Katashi, Lord of Miyazaki ((Michaelangelo))

Kyoto Shoshidai (Shogun's Representative in Kyoto):

Asano Naritaka, Lord of Hiroshima ((Marschalk))

Jisha Bugyō (Administrator of Temples):

Hayashi Tadafusa, Lord of Chiba ((Towll))

((Welp, no budget, again, nor is there any bills or whatnot. I am going to extend the deadline for reforms and acts for two more hours so those who have plans for reforms can post before we vote.))

185X Budget

Taxes:

Poor: 74%

Middle: 74%

Rich: 74%

Expenses:

Stockpile:

Land: 50%

Naval: 30%

Construction: 25%

Other Expenses:

Education: 65%

Administration: 50%

Social Spending: 0%

Military Spending: 50%

Tariffs

Tariffs: 100%

Fund allocation:
Funds will be given to expand the army, navy, and infrastructure.

Contingency 1: insufficient funding

Should the treasury ever fall below £1000 in circumstances of a deficit, all strata's will have taxes increased in 5% increments until they reach 75% nominal tax rate. If this fails then the land stockpile shall be reduced to 30%. If this fails to reach a surplus, then the Military Spending shall be reduced to 40%. If this fails to reach a surplus, Education shall be reduced to 50%. If this fails to reach a surplus, then Administration shall be reduced to 30%. Should this fail, the Military Spending shall be reduced to 30%. If this fails to reach a surplus, Education will be further reduced to 30%. If this still fails to reach a surplus, taxes will be increased by increments of 5% until a surplus in achieved.

Contingency 2: War Outside or Inside the Nation ((the later is only applicable to large scale rebellions should they occur))

In the event that Japan be involved in a state of war, foreign or domestic, the Land Stockpile will be increased to 100%, in the event the war requires significant naval action the naval stockpile will also be increased to 100%. In order to compensate for budgetary deficits in this incident, taxes should be increased by 5% until a balance is achieved. If this fails Education and Administration will take 5% spending cuts until they are at 50% and 25% respectively or until a balance is achieved, this failing tariffs will be increased by 5% until a balance is achieved, failing this, administration, education and social spending will take 5% cuts until they reach 0% or a balance is achieved. If balance is not achieved, the navy will be immediately docked and funding slashed to bear minimum, this failing Military spending will take cuts of 5% until it reaches 0% or a balance is achieved, this failing military stockpile will take 5% cuts until it reaches 50%. If all previous contingencies fail, notify the cabinet immediately to see if the war is able to be terminated. On theconclusion of the state of War, civil or external, military spending and the stockpile, taxes andtariffs are to be reduced to the pre-war level andContingency 1 applies as normal. Contingency 2supersedes Contingency 1.

Contingency 3: Surplus in reference to surplus greater then 200 pounds per day

If a significant surplus is achieved taxes will be reduced on all strata's by increments of 1% until the nominal tax rates reach 40%. If the surplus is still greater then 200 per day and the government is constructing buildings, building ships or recruiting troops the construction spending will be increased until the surplus is less then 200 per day. After the building is done it will be reset back to 25%.

Contingency 4: Catastrophic debt
In the event that national debt starts posing a threat to the ability to pay loans back taxes shall be increased by 5% until the loans can be paid back. If this is not sufficient then education and military spending will be reduce by 5% until they reach 40%.

*Daimyo Satake Yoshihiro invites the Lords of Nippon who are aligned with the Kaminari Dōmei to have a discussion in regard to the current state of affairs in Japan at his home in Kubota Castle.*

((All members of the Thunder Alliance are invited to a sort of meeting, specifically to discuss major issues which will be detailed in a follow-up post.))

Permits and Loyalty Proclamation

Kyoka to Chūsei no Sengen
許可と忠誠の宣言

-I-
All Japanese Kirisutokyōto ((Christians)) shall hereby be mandated to swear eternal loyalty to the Emperor of Japan. Any Japanese individual who is found to have placed another above the Emperor shall be punished in accordance with the will of the local daimyo.

-II-
Only Nanban shall be permitted to construct shrines to their kami, and the construction of these shrines shall require a permit to be obtained from the local daimyo. Any Kirisutokyōto "iguresuya" without a permit shall be confiscated and dealt with in accordance with the will of the local Rōjū.

-III-
Kirisutokyōto missionaries shall only be allowed to share teachings within 100 shaku of an iguresuya outside of the Open Ports. Within those Open Ports, missionaries shall be regulated beyond the 100 shaku in accordance with the will of the local daimyo.

-IV-
Kirisutokyōto who attempt to blaspheme the Emperor in any way are to be sentenced to three years of penal labor, at the discretion of the local daimyo. Kirisutokyōto who show irreverence for Shintō or Buddhist shrines are to be executed in the manner deemed most appropriate.

-V-
Japanese Kirisutokyōto are not to be punished for their ways unless they are in violation of any other decree, including the prior portions of this one. Any violation of this section will be dealt with accordingly by the Shogun.

Player Actions Needed: Vote on the 185X Budget and the Permits and Loyalty Proclamation

Sample Ballot:

185X Budget: Yes/No/Abstain
Permits and Loyalty Proclamation: Yes/No/Abstain

[Daimyo Rank (Regional/Provincial)/Karo]
[Region]
[Bonus (If applicable)]

Voting ends on Thursday at 9:00 PM EST or Friday at 1:00 AM GMT. A playthrough shall follow after voting ends. Please bold your votes and add all necessary tabs else your vote wont be counted. Also the Thunder Alliance has two days to switch its religious policy over to pluralism else the Spanish mission will be failed.

Takeda-san I welcome you to Chubu. Currently there is a vacant position in our regional army, a vacancy I would gladly give to you. All I require is that you pledge your allegiance to me until my term on the Roju has ended. If you were to take the position I would allow you a great deal of freedom and will respond to any requests you might have to the best of my ability.

Lord Uesagi, I congratulate you on your appointment as Interior Adviser and wish you great success in your position. I believe that it is in the best interests of Chubu that we collaborate in the running of our region, your input and experience would be of great benefit. I understand that you disagree with my "liberal" ideas but hopefully we can co-operate and compromise for the greater good.

Budget: No
Permits and Loyalty Proclomation: Yes

[Regional]
[Chubu]
[No Bonus]

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno Shizuoka, Roju Representative of Chubu

185X Budget: No
Permits and Loyalty Prclamation: Yes

[Provincial]
[Tohoku]

Toshihisa Nanbu, Daimyo of Morioka

Budget: Yes
Permits and Loyalty Proclamation: Yes

[Provincial]
[Kansai]

The Permits and Loyalty Proclamation (許可と忠誠の宣言) allows the Nanban to proselytize their religion and way of living within our country. Even considering the restrictions placed on the construction of shrines, is this really what we want? I am in agreement with the clause which protects the Kirisutokyōto, for if they swear loyalty to the Emperor they have committed no crime - but to allow the spread of ideals so destructive to our way of living is another matter entirely.

I urge our Daimyo, in all their wisdom, to vote against the Permits and Loyalty Proclamation and maintain the honour with which they are traditionally regarded.

- Takeda Subaro

((Why does Andre still have that bonus when he's RPing a new character?))

((Why does Andre still have that bonus when he's RPing a new character?))
((That's the description of the bonus:

Traditionalist Martyrs
Ability
: Grants +1 voting power
Duration: Can be used by Andre only for every Matsui clansmen until westernization.

So because he is in the same clan and we aren't westernized yet he can use it))

((Edit: added parentheses))

Last edited:
The Permits and Loyalty Proclamation (許可と忠誠の宣言) allows the Nanban to proselytize their religion and way of living within our country. Even considering the restrictions placed on the construction of shrines, is this really what we want? I am in agreement with the clause which protects the Kirisutokyōto, for if they swear loyalty to the Emperor they have committed no crime - but to allow the spread of ideals so destructive to our way of living is another matter entirely.

I urge our Daimyo, in all their wisdom, to vote against the Permits and Loyalty Proclamation and maintain the honour with which they are traditionally regarded.

- Takeda Subaro

((Private))
Takeda-san, as you have failed to swear allegiance to me I will not be taking your opinions into consideration as you have no current affiliation with our region.

If you were to swear your allegiance to me I would be willing to not only appoint you as Head of the Army of Chubu; I would also weigh up your opinion when making a decision for our Chubu.

I await your reply and I am anticipating our future collaboration. I hope you understand that this is a one time offer. This opportunity will not come again.

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno-Shizuoka & Rōju Representative of Chubu

Last edited:
((Private))

((Private))
Takeda-san, as you have failed to swear allegiance to me I will not be taking your opinions into consideration as you have no current affiliation with our region.

If you were to swear your allegiance to me I would be willing to not only appoint you as Head of the Army of Chubu; I would also weigh up your opinion when making a decision for our Chubu.

I await your reply and I am anticipating our future collaboration. I hope you understand that this is a one time offer. This opportunity will not come again.

~ Ota Sukekatsu; 3rd Lord Fureno-Shizuoka & Rōju Representative of Chubu

Ota-san, Lord Fureno-Shizuoka,

As I have previously spoken to one of your advisors I am sure you are aware of the fact that I would gladly take up your offer and become Head of the Chubu Army. Should you then see fit to vote against this Proclamation, all the better.

However, my loyalty does not have a price and cannot be bought with promises and a position - certainly not so when you emphasize that it is a "one time offer". I, too, hail from a great family of Nippon and will not take swearing an oath of service lightly. For this reason, I am afraid I must decline your offer at this time.

My apologies.

Sincerely,
Takeda Saburo

Budget: Aye
Permits and Loyalty Proclamation: Abstain

[Provincial]
[Chubu]