• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Index

AJGP

Second Lieutenant
50 Badges
Mar 12, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Age of Wonders III

"They are coming. Atom by atom, they will coil around us and take all that we are. There is one way to confront this threat. By reuniting the twenty-four warring houses of our own empire. We have forgotten the Unforgettable, the last to unify our tribes: Kahless. Together, under one creed, remain Klingon! That is why we light our beacon this day. To assemble our people. To lock arms against those whose fatal greeting is… we come in peace."
- T'Kuvma
1612785715918.png

Welcome to my first AAR, here I will chronicle the rise of United Earth through the founding and expansion of the United Federation of Planets and all the trials and tribulations there within. This will be done in a mix of historical look backs and analysis of a period, interspersed with logs from captains & diplomats of the age detailing their exploits and key events. The aim is to reach 2500 as an endpoint unless the federation fails before then or the game becomes unplayable.
Each index entry will either cover a fixed period or cover a specific time period if it is of significant importance, such as pre-founding, or a major war/event.

SETUP

Stellaris with the STNH MOD (All DLC except Necroids owned)
Tech Rate - x1.5
Habitable Worlds - x0.75
Difficulty - Admiral
Galaxy - Mod default of 1400 stars, civilization selection as 75% of possible randomly selected, so we wont know exactly (other than major powers) who we will encounter, but with most available.

INDEX

1. To Boldly Go... { 2150 - 2157 }
2. The Expanse { 2158 - 2165 }
3. Birth of the Federation { 2166 }
4. The Age of Expansion [SD: 100263001.00 - SD: 105376015.00 ] { 2167 - 2180 }

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
To Boldly Go...
"We don't know what to do about Humans. Of all the species we've made contact with, yours is the only one we can't define. You have the arrogance of Andorians, the stubborn pride of Tellarites. One moment you're as driven by your emotions as Klingons, and the next you confound us by suddenly embracing logic!"
- Soval

Forward​

The period of 2150-2157 was one that began with great optimism of what was waiting for us in the great depths of space, despite the protestations of our Vulcan benefactors, we were all excited to spread our wings and to as they say "Boldly Go". The optimism of those early years was soon dashed against the realities of how hostile space truly is.

Ship NameRegistryClassActive FromStatusCaptain
FranklinNCC-2Franklin
2150​
ActiveJohnathon Archer01/2150-07/2157
Aizivaste Ironi07/2157-
AspNCC-7Emmette
2150​
Active1st Fleet - Erika Hernandez01/2150-
PumaNCC-8Emmette
2150​
DioneNCC-9Emmette
2150​
Qiu XingNCC-10Emmette
2150​
VenusNCC-11Franklin
2150​
ActiveMing Zhu01/2150-
GarudaNCC-14Emmette
2156​
1st Fleet1st Fleet - Erika Hernandez04/2150-
ScobeeNCC-16Franklin
2157​
ActivePalash Vijay06/2157-
EnterpriseNX-01NX
2157​
ActiveJohnathon Archer07/2157-

Early Expansion​

2150 and for the first time in Earths history all of humanity is united under a single government with a single overriding mission, to explore the depths of space seek out new life, new civilizations and crucially not repeat the mistakes of the past that resulted in so many costly wars.

Standing smartly dressed in their new uniforms Captain Archer and Captain Zhu watched from the viewport as their shuttle approached Starbase 1 where the USS Franklin and USS Venus were berthed, the newest vessels of the newly formed United Earth fleet, vessels that will take mankind to the stars.
Bright eyed both men were fully aware of the immense responsibility on their shoulders, glance over to Archer, Zhu comments "So where to first Captain, any stars that catch your fancy? Cant have the two most important expeditions of Earth both heading for the same system"
"I fancy taking the Franklin out toward Sirius" chuckled Archer
"Brightest Star eh, well I guess that leave me with Alpha Centauri, not that Im disappointed."
Stepping off the shuttle in the hanger the two Captains wished each other luck and good fortune in their respective explorations and headed their separate ways to meet the crews they would be commanding on their ongoing missions to explore strange new worlds.

Captains Log, 13th November 2150, we have settled into a routine since arriving in the Alpha Centauri system we scan a body and relay anything of interest back to command, mostly mineral surveys and the like. Not exactly what I would call the classic adventures I was sold on.

However this morning that all changed, while travelling across system to our next oh so exciting scan target sensors picked up an object moving at impulse velocities yet we detected no sign of the tell tale impulse signatures for another ship. I ordered Lt Wei to alter course to intercept the object.
Upon our arrival we were greeted by the sight of a small object suspended between what appeared to be massive wafer thin sails, analysis by our science team have determined that the craft is a crude interstellar craft that travelled via means of solar sails, the cabin was deserted with no evidence of who the original occupants were or where they may have hailed from, though sensors have detected a warp capable civilization within this system.

Further analysis didn't reveal much else of scientific use, but the discovery was a welcome distraction from the monotony of scanning solar bodies for minerals!
End Log

Within the first 5 years of exploration United Earth surveyed the surrounding systems of Alpha Centauri, Sirius, Kappa Fornacis & Barnards Star identifying suitable sites for resource extraction that would greatly aid them in fuelling the ever growing civilization of mankind. but of perhaps most interest over this period was first the discovery of 2 highly habitable worlds in Sirius and Kappa Fornacis systems, with construction vessels dispatched to these systems to claim them for United Earth serious efforts were ramping up on Earth itself to ready a large scale colonisation effort of one of these new worlds, with the effort codenamed New Eden.
And while the Vulcans had tried to shelter Earth from the galaxy, with our own ships now exploring, it wasn't going to be too long until we made first contact with other species beyond the Vulcans. Many on Earth relished the prospect of hopefully meeting a people more willing to share technology, and so it was that in early 2153 first contact with the Andorians was made in the Wolf 359 system.

Captains Log, 29th December 2152, During routine scans a ship of unknown origin exited warp off the Franklins port side. Commander Gray attempted to hail the vessel but it didn't respond to our hails, and our scans were unable to penetrate it hull.

The vessel shortly jumped to warp, but not without scanning the Franklin with a high energy pulse; not wanting to allow the aliens to get away I ordered the helm to pursue over the objections of tactical who thought it was to risky. As we closed in on the vessel it attempted to evade our sensors by emitting a tachyon pulse, but sharp thinking from science officer Williams let us keep track, however after repeated hails the alien vessel targeted weapons on us and I heeded tactical's advice and ordered helmsmen Colby to break pursuit and drop us out of warp in Wolf 359.

Immediately upon exiting warp we were hailed by another ship of unknown origin, though not the same construction as our previous encounter. Answering the hails we were greeted somewhat briskly by a Commander Shran of the Andorian Imperial Guard, cant say I approve of being called pink skin by someone who looks like they have spent to long in the freezer, but I suppose we must look odd to them.
After some tense standoff owing to our own close ties with the Vulcans and the Andorians distrust of them I was able to open a reasonable dialogue with the Andorian commander and handed off contact to the United Earth diplomatic core who seem optimistic about friendly relations.

End Log

The next few years remained quite affairs with work continuing on the colony ship effort, and little in the way of new alien contacts United Earth focused on internal projects and growing our diplomatic relations with the Vulcans and Andorians. Which so long as they werent in the same room or planet seemed to go well. the sole highlight of the years was a quadrant wide Temporal shock wave that was detected in the December of 2155, though no explanation could be given for it's origin or what was affected.

I have successfully completed the mandated temporal recursion at 05/12/2155, to repair the damage to our timeline. Historian Mark Ty has been remanded in custody for breach of temporal directive 4-3, direct contact with a historical figure prior to the events which make them significant. It is with relief I report no significant deviations have been detected in the timeline and the recommendation is to continue with this thread uninterrupted.

End Log

2156 started as a great year, the colony ship USS Canada was dispatched to colonise the new world in Kappa Fornacis christened 'New Eden'; yet this bright beacon of hope was perhaps to be the last good news in several years until the threats identified in the coming year were truly put behind Earth, though not all the fracture lines in humanity would show until mid 2160.

Deep in the bowels of the Uranus mining outpost a small blinking console attracts the wandering attention of a young ensign somewhat glum at the assignment in the backwater of the system to monitor the United Earth early warning arrays. Double checking the readout the ensign cross checks the signature against lists of known threats and allies unsure of what she is seeing. A few frantic hours pass as the ensign tries to make sense of the data and raise the relevant authorities back on Earth, which in true bureaucratic style is giving her the run around.
"Yes ensign what is it, I cant be bothered for every blip on your sensors" Came the irritated reply of Admiral Erika Hernandez or the 1st fleet.
Stammering out her reply the ensign coolly informs the Admiral that the object has been moving relentlessly into the system seemingly moving at random but certainly not naturally, as the ensign begins to describe the object her signal is cut short and the Admiral is left staring at a blank connection error screen. Scrambling to her feet the Admiral grimly orders the 1st Fleet to action with a call of "Red Alert, all hands action stations"
The Asp, Dione, Puma and Qiu Xing make way towards where contact was lost with the Uranus outpost, while the Garudas Captain informs the admiral they will follow on shortly but as they have only just completed her shakedown all the primary crew are not yet aboard and are still stationed on Starbase 1.

So in mid 2156 it was that the 1st fleet was dispatched to engage the Alien probe, though a valiant battle was fought throughout the system ultimately the 1st fleet was unable to prevent the probe from reaching Earth orbit where it reigned destruction down on the Indian Sub continent before the planetary defences were able to bring it down.

Stirred into action after the devastation of Earth by the unknown probe, the United Earth diplomatic corp pull out all the stops to secure powerful allies and after much high level deliberations between various actors, a coalition agreement is signed between United Earth and the Vulcan High Command while the news of this new alliance is greeted with muted approval by Earths populace many diplomats and political minds all agree this was a sound move to shore up Earths position in the galaxy in the face of this unprovoked attack.

Over the course of the remainder of 2156 and early 2157 the vast industrial complex of Earths intelligence and science communities worked tirelessly to identify the origin of the probe, finally in July of 2157 a origin was identified as the Delphic Expanse after the Vulcans shared some crucial metallurgic information. Captain Archer was assigned command of the new prototype USS Enterprise with the mission objective t find the source of the weapon and ensure no further attacks can be launched against Earth or its colonies.

Captains Log, 17th July 2157, I'm honoured to be given the command of the Enterprise, but I cant help but wish it was under better circumstances. Given the threat of the probe Im not 100% that even the Enterprise will be enough to dissuade further attacks from these unknown hostiles, but I am confident in the crew I have assembled in that they will be able to rise to the challenge and ultimately we will succeed or give our lives trying. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

Archer Out.

Footnote: Please do let me have feedback on both style and content so I can improve, as I said this is my first AAR and attempt at any fiction style writing so pointer etc welcome :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Interesting! Good luck! :)

Ooh cool choice, I'll definitely keep an eye on this!

The Expanse
"When I got this job, commanding the first warp five ship was about as big a responsibility as I could have imagined. Then we began running into so many... bad guys, and I had to start thinking more about the safety of 83 people."
"And now the stakes have gotten a lot bigger."
"Weight of the world, Trip."
"Literally."

- Archer and Tucker

Forward​

While the early period of 2150-2157 saw the initial expansion of United Earth and its encounters with the races that would eventually form the United Federation of Planets, with the Tellarites and United Earth being introduced to each other through the Vulcans after the signing of the 2156 coalition treaty, the next few years were dominated firstly by the immediate aftermath of the attack on Earth and the repercussions it sowed throughout Earths society.

Strange Times​

Notwithstanding the importance of the USS Enterprises mission to the Delphic Expanse the rest of the United Earths forces were fully aware that life must continue, and while many throughout Earths bureaucracy, military and intelligence communities pushed the UE Council and President Samuels to embark on an ambitious shipbuilding program with some advocating for as much as a 3 fold increase in the fleet composition from 4 vessels to 12. Despite a lively debate within the council which had to be brought to order multiple times the President had to inform that with the rebuilding effort there simply wasn't the alloys available for a ship building program and Earth would have to make do with what was available, the most that could be spared was for the retrofit of some NX shuttlepods to be deployed at starbase 1 as strike craft, a compromise that pleased no-one.

Departing as soon as was feasibly possible the USS Enterprise commanded by Captain Johnathon Archer, was humanities best hope for locating the origin of the alien probe and determining whether there was an ongoing threat to Earth or if the probe itself was the endgame. The reasons behind the probes attack were also as mysterious as its origin, the United Earth had not been a member of the galactic community long enough to pose a threat to anyone and the crew couldn't believe why they would be singled out, surely there were more powerful species if it was threats that worried these aggressors.

After a fruitless number of weeks, the Enterprise finally succeeds in identifying not only the name of the species who created the weapon, they call themselves the Xindi, but also the whereabouts of an individual currently working in a mine. Captain Archer hopeful of some answers sets course to investigate this tenuous lead.

Captains mission log day 47, we have been exploring the expanse for several weeks now, I was beginnning to give up hope of finding any leads on the origin of the probe. We had a great stroke of luck with the traders who were able to identify the weapon as Xindi and point us to a worker in a nearby mining facility. ultimately the worker knew nothing of the weapon or attack on Earth seemingly they had been indentured at this facility for transgressions unknown but they did offer information on the location of the Xindi homeworld if we would assist.

I cant say the jailbreak went well the worker died in the escape but at least he kept his end of the bargain and revealed the Xinid homeworlds location. Setting off to the given co-ordinates we prepared for the unknown, would we be fired upon on sight, would we be allowed to speak our piece, could we find common ground to avoid war. but all that was in vain upon dropping out of warp at the planets location we quickly found ourselves in a debris field of massive proportions. Analysis of the debris eventually revealed that this was the remains of the Xindi homeworld itself, no clues were given to what had happened here or where the now homeless Xindi had gone too or how many even survived. A fruitless diversion in the end, I have ordered the crew to continue our mission and to not give up that we will find what we came here to find.

Captains log, 5th March 2158. We encountered the Vulcan science vessel Seleya deep in the Delphic expanse after attempting to hail the Vulcans hoping they may be able to provide some intelligence on the Xindi we receieved no answers. Further examination revealed the Vulcan ship had been adrift for several days and I ordered an away team to board the ship to see if we could find why.

What we found there was the crew had been driven mad by exposure to Trillium D, a compound that can be used to protect ships from the effects of the expanse, while none of the away team were injured by the crazed crew they were forced to find shelter in the cargo bay. It took a few days but eventually we were able to find a cure to prevent the Vulcans from dieing though I expect they will need some serious care before they fully recover.

While the Enterprise continues her mission within the Delphic Expanse, the remaining fleets of the United Earth continued to push and explore space around the home system in the hopes of finding new species with which to build a galactic community. June say Captain Palash Vijay of the USS Scobee encounter a stasis capsule that looked to have been launched from a long since lost Earth ship and in a stroke of good news the occupants were all still alive and despite the shock of being so far into the future were excited at the prospect of a new life in a new time.

July 2158 say the first major military action for United Earth outside of the Sol system, with the 1st Fleet engaging pirates in the Kappa Fornacis system, however this was not a successful action with Admiral Hernandez forced into a retreat or risk losing ships. this unfortunately left the colony of New Eden to fend for itself in a time when it hadn't established itself as a self sufficient colony.

In the October of 2158 Captain Meng Zhu approached the colony of "Terra Nova" founded by pioneers from before Earth united into a single government it was a pioneering project to see if humanity could colonize worlds in other systems, but by the time of unification the colony had been dark for several decades and with little resource to spare no-one was ever able to investigate. With Captain Zhu of the USS Venus nearby it was only right for them to drop in, however what they found was not a thriving colony but instead an abandoned settlement and hazardous levels of background radiation. Despite the risk Captain Zhu led a team to the surface where after some initial hostilities they were able to make contact with the descendants of the survivors living in a cave system. With careful negotiation Captain Zhu was able to convince the survovors to relocate to a new settlement away from the radiation and the people gladly accepted the offer of assistance from United Earth and formally agreed to join the union.

The Enterprise is ow en-route to Earth in pursuit of the Xindi weapon, despite our meeting with the Xindi council going well and the concensus among the Xindi races favouring us the Reptillian and Insectoid Xindi launched the weapon wth stolen codes in defiance of the council.

Initially I had thought we were successful as all the races while not hapy were at least in agreemet of hearing more from our side to truely find out if Earth was a threat to the Xindi like they were being led to believe. But as the talks went on I could snse something was off with the way the Reptillian and Insectoid representatives kept quiet and were slinking off everyso often like they were checking something.

By the time we realised what theyw ere going to do it was to late and they had already launched the weapon, Enterprise and several Xindi ships broke in pursuit to stop the weapon but I dont think we will intercept it before it reaches Earth. A warning has been sent for Earth to prepare its defenses should the worst happen.

Despite Captain Archers passionate defence of Earth and how they were no threat to the Xindi, this ultimately did nothing to persuade the Reptillian and Insectoid Xindi of Earths innocence and the weapon was launched on a course for Earth. Desperately chasing the weapon the Enterprise made best speed back to the Sol system, hailing the United Earth as soon as the broke from the Delphic Expanse and were able to get back in contact.

United Earth desperately recalled the 1st Fleet from the P'Jem system, where it had berthed after its bruising encounter with pirates in the Kappa Fornacis system, however the air was full of fear, would the 1st fleet reach Sol in time, would the Enterprise catchup with the weapon to assist as well.

On the bridge of the USS Puma Admiral Hernandez couldn't help but wonder what help the 1st fleet was going to be in the fight against the Xindi weapon, only 4 months ago she had been forced into a humiliating retreat at New Eden leaving the not yet self sufficient colony undefended from pirate attacks and isolated from resupplies, and here United Earth command was asking the fleet to make maximum warp for Sol to defend Earth. She hoped o whatever gods existed that the Enterprise was able to get to Sol in time.
"Three vessels just existed warp at system boundary sir"
"Identify them" Commander Baring barked back
"Unknown sir, trying to match against known signatures now..." The Ensign replied frantically running through the databases to match the ship signatures. "Sir..., they apear to be Xindi, signatures match against the weapon that attacked Earth over a year ago."
"How far out is the 1st Fleet, and when will the Xindi ships reach Earth orbit, assuming Captain Archers information on there target is correct"
"Erm, 1st fleet is at least 1-2 days out sir, and at current speed the Xindi will be here in just over a day"
Suddenly the sensor console bleeped twice more in rapid succession, as two more sensor contact lit up on the system boundary, followed again by three further sensor contacts.
"Two more Xindi vessels sir, and the Enterprise" Double checking his console the ensign continues "and looks like a Vulcan and Andorian vessel have entered the system transponders mark them as the Seleya and Kumari there both already on intercept courses with the first Xindi contingent"
Within Starbase 1 scenes were chaotic as officers sped to stations to prepare for engaging the Xindi fleet should it enter range, while further staff were frantically reviewing if any sort of mass scale evacuation of Earth could be achieved, scenes on Earth were not any calmer as the civilian population began to panic as news of the approaching Xindi spread. While the true scale of the threat was unknown to the population at large many were finding passage on ships to escape any risk.
"Do we have confirmation of Enterprise engaging the weapon yet?"
"Yes sir" Came the reply, "Enterprise, the Seleya and Kumari along with two Xindi ships have engage the Xindi weapon and its escort"
"Come again, the Xindi are helping" the commanders confused query came back.
"yes, sensor reports show that, also sir 1st fleet has just reported in at the system boundary they will be able to assist within 2-3 hours"
Enterprise and the rag tag fleet engaged in a running guerilla action against the Xindi weapon managing to significantly slow its progress through the system allowing for 1st fleet reinforcements and Starbase 1 attack shuttles to be able to assist in the action. After a multi day action the United Earth allied fleet was successful in destroying the Xindi weapon shortly after it passed inside Mars orbit, much to the relief of Earths population who by this time had become aware of just how much danger they were in.

After the defeat of the Xindi weapon the United Earth was indebted to the assistance of the Andorians and Vulcans, with relations between all three species improving drastically from the shared experience. I would like to say that things calmed down for the United Earth but the next few years brought as many lows as highs. the first action after the defeat of the Xindi weapon was for the Enterprise and the 1st fleet to get to Kappa Fornacis in order to clear out the pirates who had been hassling the colony of New Eden, this time with the extra strength of the Enterprise the United Earth was able to drive off the pirates and restore control of the system.

However despite the success of the defence of Earth the sitting President Nathan Samuels was unable to escape from the stigma of being in power during these times and ultimately lost the first presidential election of the United Earth era to Captain Aizivaiste Ironi of the USS Franklin (She had taken command of the Franklin shortly after Captain Archer took command of the Enterprise). Now President Ironi would turn into perhaps the most influential president of modern times, with her term stretching into the 2200's and counting at the time of this record.

President Ironi however would not get a honeymoon period in which to find her feet, with the first crisis of her Presidency starting after only 1 month in office. Escalating attacks on non-humans on Earth and other United Earth locations ultimately led General Joss Hayes who was leading the investigation to discover a large scale conspiracy to over through United Earths government and replace it with a Xenophobic one with a Human first agenda. After running battles between the two sides throughout the system an armistice was agreed whereby Mars would be ceded to this faction in return for leaving Earth and her colonies still in the hands of the United Earth government.

Despite this loss the United Earth was still able to broker entry into the Human Vulcan coalition for both the Andorians and Tellerites in 2160, cementing this alliance as a powerful force for mutual defence and good in the galaxy.

With the ever increasing number of species being encounter by rthe United Earth fleets, the formation of a working group to handle the diplomatic ties was necessary to ensure a uniform stance towards all species from the Unite Earth. The first task was to classify all the contacted species such that intelligence and fleet command best know how to interact with each.

Major Powers​

SpeciesFirst ContactStatusAssessment
Vulcan2150Allied in CoalitionThe Vulcans while aloof and unwilling to share technology directly they have formed a working coalition with us for mutual defense and offer cooperation in new research projects that both governments benefit from.
AndorianAugust 2153Allied in CoalitionHighly militaristic its the United Earths opinion that they show too greater emphasis on the order and structuire of the military compared to their civilian organizations. However there animosity with the Vulcans has drawn positive opinion in many segements of human society.
TellariteOctober 2156Allied in CoalitionThe Tellarites are an obstinate race, most of our diplomats are not eager to be on missions to or with the Tellarites. Its like having a meeting with your smart arse uncle who doesnt know when a joke is going to far.
OrionsOctober 2156Expansion PowerOrion civilization seems to be what happens if you let capitalists without morals win, a slavery supporting state controlling space to the 'south' of Vulcan territory. Current intelligence assessment is that unless provoked the Orions are likely to leave us alone not wanting to get embroiled in conflict with the Vulcan high command.
BoliansAugust 2160Expansion PowerFirst contact with the Bolians was facilitated through the Andorians after they joined our coalition, discussions with the Bolians have been promising they seem to share many our ideals. The diplomatic core is optimistic common ground and perhaps entry to our coalition can be agreed.
RomulansAugust 2160Expansion PowerAgain contacted via the Andorians, given the fact that the Romulans are pretty much aggressive Vulcans our intelligence teams wonder if they are the reason for the hostilities between Andoria and Vulcan. It is reccommended that we keep a close eye on our territory near the Romulans for any buildup of forces.
PakledNovember 2160Expansion PowerWhile not our first encounter with the Pakled, that being achieved by Captain Archer while he was in command of the Franklin, we were not aware of their political leanings or the extent of the control. Advice is to keep contact limited due to the Pakled desire to try and 'outwit' us in order to secure technology.
TzenkithNovember 2160Expansion PowerInitial Diplomatic overtures have been rebuffed, current diplomatic and intelligence advice is to remain cautious when approaching Tzenkith ships and territory.

The diplomatic corp has decided that warp capable civilizations that seem content to only manage their own affairs limited to a single world have not been noted unless of special interest to United Earth.

Multiple further contacts with warp capable species have been made though few of note; intelligence advises we keep an eye on the Garidian due to their relationship with the Romulans, and the Diplomatic corp has noted that the Denoblian and Benzite races are worth the United Earth keeping good diplomatic ties with.

Further reports will follow as the galactic situation evolves.

2161 to 2165 were perhaps the calmest years of this new era, reeling from the loss of Mars the United Earth forces focused on exploring the surrounding space and expanding her influence to systems with available resources. Notably United Earth established diplomatic contact with the Klingons in 2164, and the Cardassians in 2165 the latter of which would turn into a thorn in the side over the coming decades.

2165 Finally ended with the colony of New Eden becoming the first self sufficient colony founded in the new age, this event buoyed the the nations spirits and paved they way for the events of 2166 perhaps the most momentous year in Human history.

Footnote: this one took a lot longer to write than I expected, so much happens in the early game and work also got in the way. I may commit to shorter times spans so updates are more frequent. I have at the time of posting this gotten to 2200 though so a few updates should come soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A harrowing beginning there, but perhaps one that will serve as the foundation for a new Federation.

Between pirates, hostile aliens, and xenophobic agitators at home, President Ironi certainly will have her work cut out for her.

Oh, man. Enterprise was the very first Star Trek show I ever saw when I was young, and I've got a real soft spot for that show. This AAR hits all of the right nostalgia buttons for me. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :)

Oh, man. Enterprise was the very first Star Trek show I ever saw when I was young, and I've got a real soft spot for that show. This AAR hits all of the right nostalgia buttons for me. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! :)

Thanks, in rewatching enterprise on netflix as I play so it's a kick seeing the events in game, one of the reasons it took so long to get the 2nd post up was the sheer amount of events from ST:ENT that cropped up I had such a hard time deciding which to cut, mynotes are like 5 pages long! I may have to add some of them back in or add a flashback later!

As I'm upto 2200 I'm moving out of that era, so some new events from other series should start cropping up soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Haven't actually watched Trek. Still, this looks interesting, so subbed!

Birth of the Federation
"So… how did you get picked for this assignment?"
"I volunteered. It made sense. I've had the greatest amount of contact with pink… with Humans, and the last time we met you helped my people avert a war. I don't like unpaid debts."
"We keep doing each other favors."
"Isn't that how alliances are born?"

- Archer and Shran

Forward​

2166 Would be the year that everything changed for humanity, no longer would they be alone in the galaxy instead they would be part of a greater purpose, and the years following would be a time of great expansion and discovery.

Founding of the United Federation of Planets​

Much will be made of the formation of the United Federation of Planets (UFP), for the founding members it was a commitment to a brighter future, but for those watching in from outside it was far from clear what the guiding doctrine would ultimately end up being. Both the Cardassian Union and Romulan Star Empire looked onto this new power block with great suspicion as these new unified species would now be able to counter their own machinations on a galactic scale.

The charter itself was signed on the 13th April 2166 at a conference held on Earth, in what would be come the defacto capital building, President Ironi of Earth led the conference, and was the one to propose the founding of the UFP from the Coalition of Planets some months earlier.

Students of this period have often argued on what pushed President Ironi to suggest this integration of the founding members, many cynics claim it was imperial conquest by stealth much the way humanity expanded on Earth in history before the devastation of 3 world wars. However the most respected and adhered to theories focus on 2 leading factors pointing firstly to humanities ongoing quest to settle and mediate differences between the founding members and others, alongside the shock and fear of a reapeat of the Xindi attack on Earth and not wanting again to be so exposed to annihilation, something they thought they had escaped after their final world spanning war.

After much deliberation about the scale of integration and the amount of control each member would have of its own affairs and what reach the UFP itself would have a compromise was made. All territory excepting the home systems of the founding members would be transferred to UFP control, though the homeworlds would be limited in their interactions with external powers. Earth was the only nation to buck this trend and declared they would wholesale integrate in an all or nothing move.

It was this move that led the Andorian premier to suggest that President Ironi of Earth should take up the office of the President of the UFP for its first term, a move that ultimately was popular and secured unanimous support from all delegates present.

United Federation of Planets - Cartography​

Territory held shortly after the founding of the UFP. After the dust of unification settled the newly founded UFP Cartography institute believed that the below map is the most accurate representation of UFP territory. Territory of foreign powers is excluded owning to conflicted intelligence information between the founding members and it would take time for all the data to be correctly analysed and verified.

Screenshot from 2021-03-10 22-23-21.png

In the immediate aftermath of the founding of the UFP President Ironi issued many sweeping mandates to improve integration between the four founding members in order to ensure that resources were allocated efficiently. This included reviews of fleet status, both military and civilian to bring the budget back in line, as well as sweeping reviews of colonial projects ensuring the construction projects aligned with the new central UFP requirements instead of now defunct government mandates.

Senior Archivist Orlan Fortuna - Beta Prime University, United Federation of Planets Circa Stardate: 501500077.62
As boring as it sounds the forming of the great United Federation of Planets afforded us a new way of tracking time. This was both a practical concern on having a standard method of marking dates within the federation without the tedium of constant translation and the risk of one species method dominating the others. It was also a way of unifying all the races together, even if it was in confusion about the new system

A primer on the new stardate system is as follows. Stardate: 100000000.28 is taken as the canonical initial date, while this does have a slight nod to Humans time in the year % factor it is as close to 0 as one gets.
The initial digit indicates under which president the following took place, in this case '1' indicating the first president. This counts up when the presidency changes hands and not after each term.
The following 5 digits count the number of days the current president has served in there current sitting, in the case that the president has multiple terms broken up by other presidents.
The subsequent 3 digits count the number of years that have elapsed since the founding of the United Federation of Planets
Finally the decimals mark the % of the current year that has elapsed.

Term​
Days of Term​
Years Since Founding​
.​
% of av year​
1​
0​
0​
28​

Footnote: Well life got seriously in the way here! I assure you I am playing and hoping to update more regularly (even 1 per week at this point), Im upto 2250, the crawl is real! and have in excess of 32 pages of notes so hopefully I will be able to mine a story to keep you all hooked :)

Last edited:
Fun, great, beginning. Looking forward to keeping up with this, well, as much as I can nowadays anyway!

Cheers!

I'm with the cynics, honestly.

Humanity does have a way of being imperialist.

So you have Tellar, Andoria and Earth, who is the fourth member? I don't see a Vulcan sector, which is surprising.

@Chilango2 Vulcans are indeed the fourth founding member, their sector is on the 'southern' most border of the UFP.

1615563681924.png

Membership wise my UFP doesnt add any additional members until 2183; and at my current point in the playthrough we are upto 10 members, though I wont spoil the mebership list just yet. A few turns and tales to go yet.