• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So he is using the French to kill Cadbury? Intelligent, so now he will try and get the King I suppose. But Cutter will be in his way, no doubt. That will cause many problems.

I think impatience and incaution will remain the Destroyers achillies heel throughout this tale. Which is a good thing for our heroes as he appears to have precious few other weaknesses.

My car is repaired! Although now I am a full-time student, so I may settle into a once-a-week routine of updating. Anyway, here is feedback:

The_Guiscard, I am delighted that you like the opening paragraphs. To me, they are kind of tapping the keg of creativity. Without them, I can't write anything. . . I just sit there staring at the page. Once I write them, the rest of the update comes pouring out. And I can't help purpling the prose a bit. :) The purpose of the destroyer is something I've been keeping vague for awhile, but with Cutter on death's door, it seems a golden moment to provide a little bit of textboxing.

coz1, yes, one is the king, and I will reveal why in the next update, methinks.

Qorten, Sam already got the bloody whatsit from the destroyer. At this point, he just needs to give up the ghost.

demokratickid, fun for whom? Raum returns in stages and modes, and he's been more powerful each time due to being increasingly aware of the tricks of his enemies. So yes, this should be fun.

Enewald, a whore? I think I can wrangle that.

robou, the entanglement between the destroyer and the French has been left intentionally vague, but he's obviously tired of being kicked around. I also got off track a story arc I wanted to present, and using the French to hunt down Cadbury and Walter is a way to bring things back where they need to be, even if John is a McGuffin at this point.

balkanite, thank you. You're very kind.

El Pip, pride goeth before the fall and all that. The destroyer does have precious few other weaknesses, and I think I will clarify that a bit next update, if I don't bump my word count too high.

Deamon, returns to Earth with a vengeance. And congrats on 200!

Olaus Petrus, the soldiers stood as much of a chance, and died even faster. Once the scribe laid eyes on Raum, his chances went down significantly, which is pointedly and critically the major point.

- - -

Thank you all for reading. I am grateful to all of you for your insights, thoughts, and kind compliments. There will perhaps be an update shortly, depending on how my schedule meddles with me over the next day. :)

This is awesome, phargle, I just read through the entire thing. I really don't know why I haven't read it before. Raum makes for a brilliant villain, you kill him and he just returns, but this time even angrier and cleverer! Worrying times are ahead for our heroes, it seems.

Thanks, Fiftypence. I do like this villain, and I am glad you like him, too.

- - -

I'm sorry, folks. I started college again a few weeks ago, and work got very busy at about the same time. That's made it hard to find time to read AARs, let alone write 'em. :( I've been working on fitting these components of my life together into a managable arrangement, one that lets me do this AAR thing. Soon, hopefully.

- - -

I am closing ACA voting tonight at midnight EST. Lots of marvelous AARs are getting much-deserved support. If you have not yet voted, please go vote. The ACA works because of the good faith and support of readers like you. Even one vote for an AAR is something to be treasured - so don't be shy. Thank you.

ta,
phargle

I'm sorry, folks. I started college again a few weeks ago, and work got very busy at about the same time. That's made it hard to find time to read AARs, let alone write 'em. :( I've been working on fitting these components of my life together into a managable arrangement, one that lets me do this AAR thing. Soon, hopefully.

That;s fine, take your time, you'll have plenty of fans awaiting this AARs return for shure! :D

Well I'm caught back up and enjoying it.

I'm glad to see the destroyer on track once again for he does make an interesting evil character to follow. I want to know more of his troubles and or doubts with his own master though. It does make for somewhat of a good twist to see this such mighty demon struggling in this manner.

I also like the visual of 'entropy flung from his body'. I couldn't really say why I like it beyond that it is fitting and original.

I hope you will continue writing, even if merely one chapter a month. Would be a shame to drop this one as it's very good.