• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Osgar Godric

*Godric Bursts through the senatorial chamber door, Looking visualy worse for wear. Graying and missing his right arm, He has become a shadow of his former self*

"Sorry my fellows for being late, Ethiopia is a harsh mistress, Now, What is the subject today that has me torn from my duties in Africa?"

*As he is brought up to speed, Osgar Lightens up*

"Ah, Weather to expand or explore? Good. As you all know, Africa is a dark place, filled with all manners of scary things that go bump in the night. But even so, it's treasures are Plentiful, And in easy reach. To fully tap its riches we need to start EXPLORATION expiditions into africa, setting up colonies of our people as we go. I have heard that king solomons mines lie to the south, In easy reach of our empire, With enough gold to cover the Hagia Sophia completley! There is also a matter we must see to. roughley 60 years ago, give or take, A strange ship came to us from the east. We now know this ship came from Catharia. We NEED to find this kingdom. All are under the threat of the Xenoi, and foreign the catharian's may be, We are going to need their help.

I would also like to point out that we really need to start modernising our navy. From the reports that i was told, i think we should replace our Dromons for something a bit bigger, Something like the Nemi ships of Old."

{BETRAYAL}

{OF THE WORST KIND}

{I'LL HAVE YOUR BLOODY HEAD}

{On a serious note, did you switch to the Blues? If you haven't, you should. The Reds won't sympathize with backstabbing traitors who vote against their faction. In addition, change your signature if you are changing. Otherwise, why bother? I'll let you back in the Reds if you write Domenico a sincere apology letter in an envelope with some diamonds in it.}

{{He could be a spy. All part of the sneaky plan to undermine the sneaky shifty Pisan-loving merchants.

Given finals I'm not sure how much I'll be able to participate in the upcoming meeting, I will stop in at least once.}}

{BETRAYAL}

{OF THE WORST KIND}

{On a serious note, did you switch to the Blues? If you haven't, you should. The Reds won't sympathize with backstabbing traitors who vote against their faction. In addition, change your signature if you are changing. Otherwise, why bother? I'll let you back in the Reds if you write Domenico a sincere apology letter in an envelope with some diamonds in it.}

{When you're a Red you're a Red all the way from your first Senate session to your last dying breath! When you're a red you stay a Red!!!}
[video=youtube_share;exGJsv6ZNlo]http://youtu.be/exGJsv6ZNlo[/video]
{Honestly the scenario where the Reds and Blues turn into rival gangs doesn't seem to far off all things considered}

[size=+2]FACTION MEETING - CLOSING[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby announces that

[size=+2]THE FIRST MEETING OF THE BLUE DEMES HAS ENDED[/size]

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate
[size=+1]***[/size]​

Well, that was interesting. At least the Blues have narrowed it down to two Ideas... I hope more of our members are able to participate next time.

Interesting no one proposed scouting out the Aztecs and trying to discover weaknesses (aka the Inca). If we knew when the Azzies were distracted, we could plan wars a lot better. Just saying.

Did I manage to schedule the Red meeting? I submitted the form 3 times...

At any rate, here it is again.

To the glorious President of the Senate, Maximos Komnenos

I, Domenico Colombo, Senator and Leader of the Red Demes hereby ask for a meeting of the Red Demes in the Hall of Augusteus. The Red Demes must discuss how best to benefit the Imperium, and look forward into the future. Many of us are old, and in order to best preserve our influence, we must make sure that our heirs will continue our legacy. In addition, we must discuss, the, ah, addiction problem in our midst that our Emperor has informed us of. I request the meeting start at 17:00 CET December 7th and last for 48 hrs.
-Domenico Colombo

plz no reject

Last edited:
Well, that was interesting. At least the Blues have narrowed it down to two Ideas... I hope more of our members are able to participate next time.

I'd call it a success.

Interesting no one proposed scouting out the Aztecs and trying to discover weaknesses (aka the Inca). If we knew when the Azzies were distracted, we could plan wars a lot better. Just saying.

A good point, but you expect our immortal and all powerful overlords to be capable of fault.

Ain't got no respect. He really ought to, the Reds have the Emperor wrapped around their collective pinkie, and Colombo is the head of them. But rules are rules I suppose. Or Czoklet just has it out for me. :p

{Pictured: Emprah ain't got no respect for Colombo}
Screen-Shot-2014-07-11-at-3.51.19-PM.png

Last edited:
Ain't got no respect. He really ought to, the Reds have the Emperor wrapped around their collective pinkie, and Colombo is the head of them. But rules are rules I suppose. Or Czoklet just has it out for me. :p

Well, the last time that sort of thing happened, it ended with the emperor burning house kommnenos down a tragic freak house party accident killing the kommnenoi.

[size=+2]FACTION MEETING - ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that in response to the following request:​

To the glorious President of the Senate, Maximos Komnenos

I, Domenico Colombo, Senator and Leader of the Red Demes hereby ask for a meeting of the Red Demes in the Hall of Augusteus. The Red Demes must discuss how best to benefit the Imperium, and look forward into the future. Many of us are old, and in order to best preserve our influence, we must make sure that our heirs will continue our legacy. In addition, we must discuss, the, ah, addiction problem in our midst that our Emperor has informed us of. I request the meeting start at 17:00 CET December 7th and last for 48 hrs.
-Domenico Colombo
the noble Senator Domenico of the House Colombo was given permission to

[size=+2]CALL THE RED DEMES MEETING[/size]
which will take place in the Hall of Augusteus in Daphne (Sacred Palace) in Queen of Cities on 1st January 1465.

[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]SCHEDULE (WARSAW TIME)[/size]
Opening of the Faction Meeting11:00 PM 7th December (Sunday)
Closing of the Faction Meeting11:00 PM 9th December (Tuesday)
[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]EXCERPT FROM THE RULES[/size]
Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

(...)

Article 19 – Debate
1. During the debate, Senators may:
- present their statements in regard to the subjects of the Senate Session;
- debate with other Senators;
- ask questions to the guests invited for the hearing, if they are any.
2. Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ]
with spaces between the brackets and code removed.
3. During the debate, Senators may not:
- carry any weapon with themselves;
- be accompanied by any servants or slaves;
- bring any items without the permission of the President of the Senate.
4. Non-Senators (regular readers) may post normally during the debate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate
[size=+1]***[/size]​

Sorry luciusmalfoy012 but there are 24 hours between Faction Meetings, so you'll start at 23:00 CET.

Also, I'm interested in some feedback from the Blues. Are Faction Meetings fun? Do you like the idea? Are they too long or maybe too short? What would you like to see changed in respect to them?

I like the idea of the faction meetings. It's an opportunity to do stuff, that enhance the Rp and the background of our characters but doing it in ways, that would be in the wrong place in the senate, e. g. the marriage politics we had. Also it allows the factions to find a political line without having to do this in front of the other factions. And it turns out in a more civilized way than in the senate hall with all its spit on the floor :p

Concerning the length. In my opinion it was ok, but I think there should be a consideration of the length depending on which days of the week its held. I mean, its much easier to post more on the weekend than it is in the week with jobs/universities/etc.

I like the idea of the faction meetings. It's an opportunity to do stuff, that enhance the Rp and the background of our characters but doing it in ways, that would be in the wrong place in the senate, e. g. the marriage politics we had. Also it allows the factions to find a political line without having to do this in front of the other factions. And it turns out in a more civilized way than in the senate hall with all its spit on the floor :p

Concerning the length. In my opinion it was ok, but I think there should be a consideration of the length depending on which days of the week its held. I mean, its much easier to post more on the weekend than it is in the week with jobs/universities/etc.

Agreed
What about making them last for three days if not in the weekend ?
We had the whole Saturday so I think the time was good. Just expected everybody to post but well :p

I liked it a lot for the reasons others mentioned.
Also, don't expect it to go as civilized in the red demes :p

{{Osgar Godric would like to apologise to the blue's for his ill mannered barging in to the blue deme meeting. It takes time for news to hit ethiopia and this results in mishaps. He promises that this will not happen again.}}

{BETRAYAL}

{OF THE WORST KIND}

{{I mean to still stay in the blues, i didnt realise i missed the senate debate,so i thought it was being continued. Osgar godric hopes that the noble fellows of the red deme will forgive this transgression.}}

{{I mean to still stay in the blues, i didnt realise i missed the senate debate,so i thought it was being continued. Osgar godric hopes that the noble fellows of the red deme will forgive this transgression.}}

{{I'm sure the Reds will forgive this minor transgression, after all, the Reds are nothing but forgiving and kind nobles with only the best interests of the empire in mind and are sure to act reasonably towards you}}

{{I'm sure the Reds will forgive this minor transgression, after all, the Reds are nothing but forgiving and kind nobles with only the best interests of the empire in mind and are sure to act reasonably towards you}}

{{Yes indeed...}}

hires assassins