• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The nicest birthday present for the Fuhrer- Germany is winning on all fronts!

5428743.jpg

Nein: 19? I count 5 (Memel) + 13 (Pola) + 12 (Ostroleka) = 30. Technically, two of those divisions were Yugoslavian militia, but still...
Yeah, I probably should have made the Italy-thing more clear. I mean, I'm stalemating them despite being severely outnumbered. Once General Steiner arrives, I'm sure he'll turn things around...

Nikolai:
Thank god, indeed.

LanMisa: Well, the Americans never really recovered from Wacht-am-Rhein. They've also deployed their troops rather poorly, if I were them, I'd put most of my troops in Orleans and Evreux, instead of Chartres, where I can hit them with everything I've got and then advance with impunity.

Kaiser_Mobius: Yup. Pre-Khalkin Gol, Japan's attitude was "We can do anything!" Post-Khalkin Gol, it was "We can do anything but that!" That being said, I'm considering creating an event to let Japan declare war on the USSR after India and China fall. Of course, that would kind of defeat the purpose of the AAR, because that would make things significantly easier.

Kurfürst:
I am flabergasted and awed and impressed and many other adjectives. You are still alive and you will probably even make it into 1946. Wow.

While I admire your confidence, I came to a conclusion, that your strategy is absolutely unsustainable in the long term. Soon, Murricans will start raining nukes on you and there is not much you can do about it. Also, you are bleeeding manpower at a pretty constant rate of about a point a day - and there are no more mobilization steps for you to recover at least some losses. Basically, I think that by 1947 at the latest, Germany will be reduced int radioactive rubble and your MP will be bled dry. Unless some miracle happens.

And you did deliver on the miracle front until now, so who knows? I am very much looking forward to following this AAR until the end, whatever form that might take.

SHHHH! Don't tell them that :eek:hmy: ! You're right that my strategy is unsustainable in the long-term. But It's not a long-term strategy! Once the Allies are out of Europe, I'll be able to switch things up.
Nukes won't be a factor until the end of the year, at the earliest, and I hope the AI will make poor choices with them.
As for manpower, the major drain is actually Italy, because of the poor terrain, heavy concentration of British soldiers, and the fact the British seem to be the only competent enemies this game. Furthermore, I do actually have one last stage of mobilization to go. Barring a major mistake on my part, my money is on 1948 for the downfall ;) .

foriavik: Providence smiles on us!
cZGhave.jpg

So, I've already got some work done on part 1 of the Interlude. No clue when part 2 will be. In the meantime, I'll continue to post responses every weekend; updates whenever I feel.

-INTERLUDE-

Soviet Cabinet Meeting

The Kremlin, April 1st 1945

XO4cDjn.jpg

“Good morning, comrades. The war is still raging- and I want to know why. But let’s start with the economy first. Comrade Kaganovich?”

S9GA2LX.jpg

“Ahh, yes! Currently, we are building many heavy cruisers, in preparation for an eventual war with the capitalist pigs. We also spend much production on upgrades, and quite a bit on reinforcement.”

“Speaking of, comrade: how is the manpower situation?”

“Ohhh :unsure: …well, it…uh…wait a minute, I, uhh, need to check-”

nnl1S81.jpg

:eek:hmy: Uhmm, wow, yeah… uhhh… yeah.”

“That’s not an answer, comrade. I so hope it is good news, there’s so little of it these days.”

“I-i-it-it’s not even worth mentioning, really comrade Stalin.”

“Ha! Great! I’ll take your word for it then, comrade. Comrade Panfilov, technology?”

jyMSffX.jpg

“Here’s our current research. We felt more advanced tank destroyer technology would be a good idea…”

“Seems reasonable enough, we’ll need it for when it comes time to spread the revolution to the West.”

“Yeah…”

“Admiral Kuznetsov, how have our top-secret naval operations been going?”

“Excellently, so far. No one knows the sinister true purpose behind our “anti-submarine warfare!” Not even myself!”

vIHqCCB.jpg

dcouuBc.jpg

“Good, good… what about the spies we sent to Mexico?”

vaYYlUi.jpg

“They say they were imprisoned for months :eek:hmy: ! They only just escaped, and hid by posing as tourists at Tijuana. They’re going to stay hidden for a few more months they said, just to be safe.”

“I see… General Bulganin, let’s discuss the military situation. How has my brilliant Lublin offensive turned out?”

“We’ve had, uuhm, mixed results.”

“Mixed, eh? Better try harder than!”

“I- I’m not so sure that’s a good idea.”

“What was that, General :mad: ?”

“Well, it’s just…”

“Just what?”

“It’s a trap.”

“What do you mean? Lublin is empty. It’s ripe for the taking!”

“Right, but the Germans have about 72 divisions north and south of Lublin.”

“So? They’re not in Lublin.”

“…Maybe a visual representation would help:

EleqnDz.jpg

See the ring? It’s Lublin. The hammer and the anvil are the German armies. Should you take the ring?”

“Of course. It’s just lying there.”

“But then the hammer would smash your hand.”

“ :huh: Why?”

“Because it’s a trap.”

“ :wacko: I don’t understand.”

“What’s not to understand :mad: ! Marshal Zhukov, can you help me a little here?”

“I’ll try my best, comrade. Comrade Stalin, have you ever seen the propaganda movie, Red Star Wars? Remember the part at the end, with the Death Star?”

“When Comrade Skywalker decides not to use his unfair innate advantages to blow up the evil Rebels’ Death Star, instead trusting in his sub-par equipment, like everyone else?”

“Excuse me, I meant the second Death Star.”

“Ohhh, right. The Empire decided to attack the evil Rebels while the Death Star was helpless.”

“Right! But it wasn’t helpless, was it?”

“Yeah.”

“It was a…what was it now?”

“I don’t know.”

“Remember what Admiral Ackbarskovsky said”

“It’s a trap!”

“Exactly! A trap!”

"I always assumed that was just some alien thing.”

“ :sad: Excuse me for a few moments, while I go bang my head on the wall.”

Several smashes later

“Okay, okay, comrade Stalin, you see this?”

7bRD9NA.jpg

“It’s a piece of cheese.”

“Right. Should you try to take the cheese?”

“Of course, cheese is delicious. In fact-”

“NO, comrade, don’t!”

*SNAP!*

“YEEEOWCH!”

*Sigh* “Okay, learning moment, comrade-”

“PERFIDY! BETRAYAL!”

“Listen, comrade Stalin, Lublin is that piec-”

“So, it’s come to this, Zhukov :mad: . You, jealous of my martial prowess, try to assassinate me. I should have you shot!”

“No, no, comrade, you have it all wrong! It’s just a mousetrap.”

“A what?”

“Rodents like cheese-”

“Cheese is delicious, comrade.” Stalin solemnly intoned.

“Yes, yes, comrade. But when they try to take the cheese, it sets off this spring, see.”

“So it would seem.” Stalin said in a sagely voice.

“It’s a trap.”

“What :huh: ?”

“I- you- it- AAAARGGH!”

“But the cheese is just lying there, ready to be taken. I don’t- hey look! Someone left some cheese lying on the floor over there!”

“NOO, DON-”

*SNAP!*

Zhukov sighed, sat in his chair, and slumped forward.

“YEEEOWCH!”

Zhukov sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“PERFIDY! BETRAYAL!”

Zhukov sighed and rested his head in his hands. It was going to be a long, long day.

Several hours later

Stalin sat in his chair, looking out the window to the streets below. His generals were long gone, and he was alone, just how he liked. He folded his legs, put his hands together, and rested his head on his fingertips.

Of course he understood the Lublin offensive would get nowhere- that was why he was doing it! The Red Army had grown dangerously large, and Stalin understood he needed to keep a balance between an army capable of suppressing any internal revolts, and an army capable of overthrowing him. He lit his pipe, and gazed to the skies. Yes, he would thin out the Red Army- and no one would ever be the wiser. He reached over to his side, where he had a small wooden plate.

*SNAP!*

“YEOWCH!”

Curses! Whoever came up with the idea of serving cheese on these damnable little wooden plates, should be shot!

“PERFIDY!” he bellowed. “BETRAYAL!”

-End Meeting-

Last edited:
Reactions:
That made me smile. Well done!

I believe you captured Stalin's personality to a T in this update.

That update made me smile and even laugh! What is this sorcery?

That was - impressive! So the Red Army has no manpower reserves AT ALL? I guess they bled out their troops in their attempt to reach Berlin before the United States. On the other hand, the big bear always has reserves...

In my opinion there was something missing from your explanation towards Stalin, though: https://data.archive.moe/board/a/image/1392/74/1392745283321.jpg Wonder how he would have reacted then...

blitzthedragon:

That made me smile. Well done!

Thank you! I try my best :) .

Duke of Awesome:

I believe you captured Stalin's personality to a T in this update.

Ha! Perhaps.

Nein:

As for Soviet manpower, I'm afraid their problems can be solved by just a few clicks

True... but I'm hoping the AI wont mobilize until after I get a few good hits in...

Furthermore, I do actually have one last stage of mobilization to go
Doesn't that one completely destroy your industry and raise dissent and partisan activity way too much?

Dissent and partisan activity already are way too much! My major concern is the research penalties for extending mobilization, actually. IC loss should be tolerable given Germany is industrially strong and I don't have a whole lot to spend it on besides upgrades, reinforcements, and consumer goods- and of course, nuclear reactors. Besides, USSR will be hit with similar penalties if they extend mobilization, too.

Nikolai:

That update made me smile and even laugh! What is this sorcery?

Oooh, smile and laugh :p! I'm flattered :blush: .

Migthy:
“YEEEOWCH!”
That was epic! Stalin's personality in 5 minutes. xD

Thank you :D . I've had the idea floating in my brain for awhile, that Stalin just doesn't know what a trap is... but then I thought Stalin would be too smart for that, so I decided he must be pretending. Of course, it seems he does have a little more trouble grasping the concept than he lets on ;) !

LanMisa:

That was - impressive! So the Red Army has no manpower reserves AT ALL? I guess they bled out their troops in their attempt to reach Berlin before the United States. On the other hand, the big bear always has reserves...
Thank you! Yes and no, to your question. Darkest Hour uses a mobilization system, so rather than a country having 15,000 manpower, for example, they have 5,000 but can enact a decision to extend mobilization, for another 5,000 manpower and penalties to research, industry, and revolt risk. USSR is currently at stage 8 out of 10, so they can extend two more times, while I'm at stage 9 and can only extend one more time. As a general rule of thumb, stage 10 is pretty much the "Lose" button.

In my opinion there was something missing from your explanation towards Stalin, though: https://data.archive.moe/board/a/ima...2745283321.jpg Wonder how he would have reacted then...

I'm sorry, I was never a big fan of manga, so I don't get it. What's going on :huh: .

Bautz:

So now i've read everything in one line. This is so great!
Please please continue soon.

Thanks for the support! I will most likely be posting something either next weekend, or on Christmas week. I'm currently tinkering around with modding; I wanted to put in a funny event for the next post but couldn't quite get it to work.

This pictures refers to a different definition of a "trap". In this case, it's two different definitions in one picture. One: Aikawa is so cute (or kawaii) that she totally traps your heart, makes you fall for her. Two: Aikawa is not female, but male - and thus fulfills the definition of "trap" by himself.

I have to admit that it doesn't fit in with the rest of the examples (in that case, the Trojan horse would have been better) since it is only a far-fetched wordplay. But I am a master of bad puns and wordplays, so I just couldn't resist.

LanMisa: Ahhh, I see... maybe Stalin will meet with some lovely "ladies" from Thailand sometime in the future :p .

foriavik: They're pretty funny- maybe they'll do a Hitler vs. Stalin sometime!

Yup, I definitely will not be putting up an update for the next two weeks. Finals are coming up, and I've got essays to write, etc; etc. On the plus side, I did get the modded event to work, so next update will most likely star Il Duce!

Fegelein guide you, bold student!

blitzthedragon:
I'm not sure he's the best guide :p ! Thank you though.

I wasn't going to post anything this week, and if I did, it was originally going to be an Italy update, but inspiration struck. Instead, we get a Hitler speech! Obviously, the view within do not represent my own views but rather the speaker's. I'm no Nazi :)

-INTERLUDE-

Men, women, and children of Germany, listen now! Recruits and veterans, Privates and Field Marshals, stand at attention! Factory workers and farmers, union bosses and business leaders, hear my words! The Fatherland today is under threat from all sides. Asiatic, godless hordes threaten us from the East; a threat we Germans have long resisted for the good of Europe, and by extension, mankind. To the West, mongrel American barbarians- slaves to money, and thusly, the Jew- soldiers of fortune, not of principle, the very worst sorts of people!- impotently try to force their weak, corrupt, effeminate democracy on Europeans who have not asked for any such thing, and yet they arrogantly call themselves liberators! Liberators of what, I ask? Who here has asked to be a slave to an American? Finally, to our South, the British, the betrayers of Europe, content to be nothing more than puppets to their American and Jewish overlords, are doing their very best to break our staunch and steadfast Italian allies, to little avail.

But in spite of all this, Germany lives! In France, a counteroffensive, devised largely by myself, has pushed the Americans across the Seine and destroyed many divisions. Our forces then brilliantly held position along the Seine, per my orders, as I understood we would be unable to push farther- despite of the urging of my generals. The courage displayed by our soldiers in that bleakest of winters, should be applauded by all! I am proud to say a parade through the city will be held shortly, and General von Mackensen, who took the city, shall be leading the parade. I proclaim our victory in France to be among Germany’s greatest thus far, and that is saying a great deal, as any German who has been following our righteous struggle would know!

Our fortunes have not been limited to the West however. Providence shines on those who fight the Jews and their devilish machinations, and brings misfortune and woe to the pitiful and wretched sub-humans! I am talking, of course, of Bolshevik swine! Our first great success was the successful evacuation of Courland, masterminded by myself, in conjunction with Admiral Saalwaechter and General Jaenecke, on both of whom I bestow the Iron Cross, First Class, in honor of the miracle they wrought. Then came the titanic Battle of Warsaw, where Bolshevik power was broken by our mighty veterans- who are the finest soldiers in the world, with the finest equipment, and the finest leaders- they thought they had beaten us! They thought we were weak! Do you, people of Germany, think we are weak!? Nonsense! We are the strongest Nation in the world, for our strength comes from purity of Blood and the will of Providence, not limitless resources or Jewish sorcery. Even in our weakest moment, our darkest hour, not one German quit, not one German gave up. That’s why, just a few days ago, twenty-five Bolshevik divisions, including seven armored divisions, were forced to surrender to superior German soldiers! Because we continued to fight, because we refused to let them break our wills, we won, in spite of everything!

We are not alone in this struggle. We have been blessed with the greatest ally- excuse me- allies, any man could reasonably ask for. Japan has struggled with the hated Americans, and performed admirably. The American general MacArthur promised years ago to the people of the Philippines, “I shall return.” To which the Japanese responded: “Return? But you have never belonged here! Asia is for Asians!” and they drove the Americans straight into the sea! Japan fights for the very same principle Germany does, for Japan seeks to create an Asia, for Asians, free from the Jewish tentacles of international finance and of American un-exceptionalism, just as Germany seeks to do for Europe. Our struggle is one and the same! And that is why I applaud Japanese progress in backwards China, who surely will experience nothing but benefit under benign Imperial rule. Japanese victory was achieved by the winning combination of Japanese fighting spirit and German leadership, for you see, the Japanese strategy in China was largely of my own making, in conjunction with SNAFU naturally.

And we cannot forget the importance of Italy, the land of the Romans, in our fight! Italians soldiers have fought with great…uhhm :unsure: …zest. And timidity- er, temerity!- ever since it looked like we had won the war… Goebbels, can you edit that out of the actual broadcast?

“Of course Mein Fuehrer. I’ll have Fegelein do that, no worries. Not even the readAARs will see it :ninja: .”

“Good, good. Wait :unsure: - Fegelein!?”

“He has graciously volunteered to help us. Don’t worry, Mein Fuehrer, we’ll be keeping a close eye on him.”

“You better, or I’ll have your head :angry: !”

*AHEM* And we cannot forget the importance of Italy, the land of the Romans, in our fight! Without their delicious cooking, German morale would surely plummet… edit that part out too, Goebbels.

*AHEM* Italy has had to deal with the horrors of Allied occupation. Indians and Africans of the British colonial empire defile the women, British criminals loot and pillage and burn and kill and rape innocents!- all while proclaiming supposed moral superiority over us! Monsters! Crooks!

But that is precisely the sort of enemy we fight. Only the bravery and courage of the German army has prevented the fate of southern Italy befalling Germany. If the Americans or the British or the Bolsheviks reach Germany, the greatest culture created by the greatest race will be annihilated. The only reason they have not cursed us with their presence is the heroic resolve of this Nation! Men, women, and children of Germany, listen now! Recruits and veterans, Privates and Field Marshals, stand at attention! Factory workers and farmers, union bosses and business leaders, hear my words! If one soldiers shirks his duty, if one worker cheats his boss, if one woman speaks one loose word, if one factory churns out one bullet under the quota, then all we have strived for and fought for, and killed for and died for, shall be lost! Therefore, I call upon every German to be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for Germany! - or he will have neither life to give nor Nation to die for.

[video=youtube_share;vdzuXzMPHbM]http://youtu.be/vdzuXzMPHbM[/video]

-End Update-

This is...pretty tame for Hitler. Especially since his sanity (well, the small and little rest of it) clearly began to fade more and more during the war. Nonetheless it is a great summary of what you managed to achieve so far.

Now post the Mussolini Speech <3 Il Dvce

[video=youtube;KxRdyK2drU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxRdyK2drU4[/video]

LanMisa: I had one incident with the mods regarding Heinrich Himmler earlier, so I figured I should tone it down a bit.

Himmler said...
Not to mention, I’m way too tempted to make highly inappropriate jokes, so I probably should go before I get you all banned from the forum. Whoa, that didn’t make much sense; that was weird even for me.
Don't forget Hitler's bump on the head in the very beginning has mellowed him out a bit :p .

Gukpa, KaiserWilhelmI: Soon Gukpa! Hopefully Allo Mussolini will hold you over 'til then.

Happy New Year AARland! Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile- I am currently visiting family and haven't been able to get on my laptop. I will update either this weekend or next. I'm going to do an RSI meeting, a USA meeting, a Japan meeting- maybe one more thing. I already have all the pictures and the writing is almost finished, so once I'm able to resume writing it should be finished speedily.

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking about what to do when I eventually collapse. I could just do what makif130289 did with Das Ende and just continue in NWO, but I'd rather be unique. I was thinking:

1. Have the Nazi leadership escape to Argentina. Adolfo Hitler, Alberto Speer, Gerardo Rundstedt, etc. observe the Cold War and plan to eventually reclaim the Fatherland! Wacky hijinks ensue. We'll call it, "The War is Not Lost 2: Electric Boogaloo!"

2. Have the Nazi leadership escape to Imperial Japan, along with Germany's technology, military leaders, and tech teams. Japan vs. the World!

3. An Armistice is signed, concluding WWII. This is somewhat fluid because I don't have any idea what the Reich will look like when it begins to collapse. I was envisioning a major but costly victory for Japan (think like the Fatherland mod, but for Japan), while France would end up the major Axis power in Europe because Germany would be divided by the Soviets. I would try to make it more or less a full mod. Obviously, I have no clue what this would look like because I'm not at that point yet.

I'd just like a bit of input on those ideas, like which one is most popular, how it might be done, etc; etc. I hope it will be a far way off before it will matter, but if option #3 is what I decide to do, I'd need to plan for that and probably begin some degree of work beforehand. This isn't a vote! But I want to get an idea of what people want.

I'm fine with either 1 or 3, the both sound like it would be hilarious, with Hitler messing around in foreign nations. 2 seems a bit bland in comparison, as all that happens is that Japan gets Germany's stuff.