• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First of all, Congratulations with your immense achievement!

But I see that you don't need to colonize every uncolonized area as well to win these achievements?

The only requirement (was) that you need to be the only country left in the world.

The new requirement, as of patch 1.4, is that all nations left in the world must be you or your subjects (vassals, Personal unions, protectorates and colonial nations)

(I write about Chinese geography and demography for work)

Thanks for the input. If I knew what you knew, I'd be able to use it for narrative purposes. Do you/have you written any AARs around China?

Have you touched the new MEIOU yet Jake?
Blobbing has never been harder. ;)

Looking forward to your next AARs...

I'm still milking fun out of vanilla before plunging into MEIOU

Any idea of how this could be done today?

With the new WC rules of 1.4, I'd wager it can be done fairly "easily", all things being relative of course. I still miss my exiled navy of submarines and hidden tiger warfare units.

I love how some of the countries turned out with weird lands, it's like they weren't sure how the world was supposed to look but they did the best they could from memory.

Oh yeah, I love it. Ramazan in particular inspired me to do a whole new game as them

Well, that was entertaining. Nice job !
Well, you inspired me to buy the game and register here, well done Sir! ;)
Wow, amazing, you sir have all my respect. :ninja:

Thanks a lot. AARs live off of feedback.

I'm wondering what will happen to Ryukyu overseas part after 1.4 patch?

will it become colonial countries and be given new names?

Your wish is my command. I made a full backup of my game anticipating this.

I've just spent the last 5 hours reading through all the posts here.... This AAR easily gets into the top 5 things i've ever seen.
Grats for all the hard work( to be read obsession ) you've shown in getting Ryukyu a world conqueror.

Your bug report was exquisite, if I may say so.
Looking forward to your new exploits, Jake.

Thanks for that. There are always new bugs and mechanics out there to be squeezed.

They're fixing that infinite money trick in the next patch though, I think. Don't think you'll be able to get 100%+ tariffs.

They are fixing this particular exploit, but tariffs over 100% are still possible thanks to national ideas, events, advisor and decisions.
ah right.

I suppose its the subsidies capped at 50% income that kills this more than anything, as you can't start snowballing by the repeated give/cancel subsidies thing...unless you could somehow get to above 200% tariff efficiency?

Nice colonial names haha I imagine that the population of wheres waldo is nomadic, afterall if waldo is found you may have a massive exodus

Wow, pretty amazing.

I'm definitely going to want to look into the strategies that you've gone though on this and try them in my own game, maybe a pre-ironman run to sort some things out.
Getting WC seems a bit easier with having vassals contribute to the goal.

For now I think I'll work on No Trail of Tears

I don't think you will gain much from looking at his strategies, since many of the things he used have been closed since 1.2; just look at this post Johan posted earlier in the thread:

fyi, the following exploits are closed

- exiled units can no longer loot.
- navies can not be exiled.
- defeat rebels mission no longer gives +2 stability.
- coalitions will now always join in defensively in wars, even if they got a truce.
- it is no longer possible to westernize while overextended.
- countries becoming republics now start with 50 republican tradition.
- years_of_income is now excluding all non-monthly incomes.
- rebels use the best possible unittype, not the one you have selected.

Wow, it's already been a year. I guess I should plug the video version of Three Mountains.

There's a video version :O

*Opens youtube link*

'This run has been completed on version 1.7 of Europa Universalis IV and is a successful Three Mountains achievement run.'

Wait.

Did you do it a second time?

There's a video version :O

*Opens youtube link*

'This run has been completed on version 1.7 of Europa Universalis IV and is a successful Three Mountains achievement run.'

Wait.

Did you do it a second time?
I think so.

I guess that he counts EU3 run as a first one.
Makes sense; thought he had done it three times in EUIV plus the one time in EUIII.

A third time.

Oh my sweet Jesus you've done the Three Mountains four times?

All hail DDRJake, an EU4 legend among men!

Did anyone else feel a bit of sadness when the empire finally came crashing down? A mighty civilisation that had conquered the entire world being torn to pieces . . . it's the stuff of legends!

Also, awesome AAR! :D

Last edited:
I have only recently bought EU4, having learned I could continue a save from CK2. In fact, I haven't even played it yet, as I'm waiting for the new DLC. When I learned there was an achievement for a WC as Ryukyu, I looked into the nation in the game, and thought it impossible. Sometime later I learn of this AAR. As far as I'm concerned, you have truly done what I thought impossible, and inspired me to foolishly attempt it myself. I will fail for certain, but I will never claim it to be impossible again. Thank you, DDRJake.