• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I loaded up my game, set it to high speed and went away to make a sandwich. Enjoy the carnage.

---

First collapse. Monarchy is restored and yes, -99 papal influence

Just a few revolters....this time. I release some more later to get some momentum going

Got some sweet generals out of it all.

Jeez, you give people what they want and they're still not happy.

Starting to look a bit more colourful. The republic is again restored and my naval maintenance is sapping my funds.

---​

You're right, that was pretty satisfying.

Last edited:
I had a (very) quick look at Ryukyu's 1.2 starting position and it looks bleak. I doubt it'll get any easier in 1.3, which is how it should be really. The very idea of a tiny island defeating, heck even holding off China is unthinkable. That said, Mongol Raiders to the North conquering China is pretty unthinkable, but it happened (right? My asian history is lacking)

The North China plain is extremely vulnerable to horse-based combat and has been overrun by northern invaders fairly regularly through its history - either the nomadic tribes from the steppe (who were the world's best horsemen), or, more often than not, Chinese warlords responsible for fending off nomadic tribes from the steppe (who recruited the world's best horsemen and used Chinese siege equipment).

Conquering Southern China is significantly more difficult, which is why China has on a fairly regular basis been split up into Northern and Southern dynasties. The North China plain is the country's breadbasket though, so once it's conquered Southern areas are at a substantial disadvantage.

(I write about Chinese geography and demography for work)

Actually 1.4 is making them easier again. No scaling AE with nation size. And now Three Mountains and some other achievements don't require you to own the provinces. You can have vassals and lesser union partners who own land. It'll be easier than it was for Jake.
It will not be easier. The main exploits was infinite money and secondly walking to europe, exploring with exiled troops, both of which are gone now. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it won't be easier.

It will not be easier. The main exploits was infinite money and secondly walking to europe, exploring with exiled troops, both of which are gone now. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it won't be easier.

I meant easier relative to 1.2 and 1.3; it will definitely be easier than it has been for a while. But not easier relative to 1.1 as used by DDRJake. I agree that Three Mountains will still be harder than in 1.1, probably significantly harder.

Although it will be interesting to see how the "subject nations count" rule impacts this. That is actually a very significant change. A nation that can get maximum trust can DipVassalise anyone. It then doesn't need to ever integrate them to get the achievement.

World Conquest will now be pretty straightforward I believe, certainly for Austria and likely a few other nations as well (but still an awful lot of work and hassle.) Three Mountains will still be exceedingly hard, but definitely far easier than 1.2 or 1.3.

Any idea of how this could be done today?

Should be much easier than 1.3 now that coalitions are AWOL and the achievement only requires the only remaining tags to e you or your subjects. Remains to be seen whether the devs will hotfix a change to AE (my money's on yes).

I love how some of the countries turned out with weird lands, it's like they weren't sure how the world was supposed to look but they did the best they could from memory.

Any idea of how this could be done today?

Start with taking over Ming, then keep building a strong base of vassals and protectorates and proceed to steamroll over everything before rebels eat you alive. :p

Would be unlikely that anyone would be willing to go over the pain involved with completing a WC in Eu4.

I'm wondering what will happen to Ryukyu overseas part after 1.4 patch?

will it become colonial contries and be given new names?

I've just spent the last 5 hours reading through all the posts here.... This AAR easily gets into the top 5 things i've ever seen.
Grats for all the hard work( to be read obsession ) you've shown in getting Ruykyu a world conqueror.

Your bug report was exquisite, if I may say so.
Looking forward to your new exploits, Jake.

I'm wondering what will happen to Ryukyu overseas part after 1.4 patch?

will it become colonial contries and be given new names?

Yes. If he loaded this save into 1.4, most of his provinces in the Americas will form into new Colonial Nation subjects automatically. He might be left with a few here and there where there weren't five or more in a Colonial Region. Well, if he loaded the orginal save anyway - his latest save had a lot of his provinces rebel and re-form original, independent nations :) Though those new independents may then get their own Colonials - for example Portugal has got both its original territory in Western European, and a big chunk of Brazil; the Brazilian part would form Portuguese Brazil, a Colonial Nation under the overlord of AI Portugal.