• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
opaqueice said:
With the help of storms (known as kamikaze, or "divine wind") the Japanese twice defeated enormous Mongol invasions.

Let us hope the Imperial air forces can act in the role of those storms and save Japan once again, this time from an even larger horde from the steppes.

I think laying off the kamikaze is partly why Japan is currently doing so well :p .

First comment, it took some weeks to read the 95 pages! And then...

:eek: War with soviets!!!!!

Can't wait for more action.

Unnecessary to say good AAR btw.

thatguy said:
I think laying off the kamikaze is partly why Japan is currently doing so well :p .

In addition, I think the Japanese will be on the recieving end of Soviet banzai attacks. I mean, there are so many of those Soviet troops that they are capable of just charging at the Japanese.

Roudane - It should provide some entertainment for sure :)

Maj. von Mauser - I figured 2 years should be reasonable. I certainly did not expect that DoW. Range is a problem for CAS early on it will go there eventually.

harezmi, Timmie0307 - Thank you :)

Nathan Madien - There is humour in most things.

Zvetiki - Upgrades will take a little while and the bombers won't get much rest. I will probably man handle them a bit to get the upgrades through as they fly. Have to be positive when faced with these numbers :)

germanpeon - If you were the Emperor would you ever expect to be kept waiting for any reason? Again 2 years is not overly ambitious.

alan_le_cowboy - I will include some terrain maps.

_heikkinen - Masterful diplomacy by the Soviets :)

Murmurandus, robou - Not my fault Stalin is afraid in this game :)

Inner Circle, dpc_4891 - Quite a few divisions there and I will let them leave so that I can take the airbases.

Sokraates - His humour is a reflection of mine, so probably not too fitting for him in real life.

UncleAlias - it will be hard for my forces to miss for some time.

rampagingmouse - They are a little experienced which will be painful for what they attack.

Thurak - I can outrun them easily enough :)

stnylan - I hope they don't die too quickly.

genbrad - I know you wouldn't have but I won't give out a save that is ahead of the posts :)

Immelman - Thanks. I won't use the bomb for any reason.

Kanitatlan - CV's will upgrade as long as they aren't moving. I used some artistic licence on how they will upgrade.

cjwet - A slight delay for the action :)

PrawnStar - The Pacific War will still continue.

Maj. von Mauser - Its connected and has 2 airbase. The only other airbase in siberia is Vladivostok. They won't be keeping any of them if I can help it and that means allowing them to leave the island.

opaqueice - I do not expect the Russians to get too far but they will advance a bit, that I cannot stop.

Leumatiello - Thank you and welcome. A good point to join I think :)

My apologies for the lack of updates but I had a small computer glitch that required a reinstall of windows. Got to love getting a bad file in the config :p

Looks like everything survived after having to reload everything and then download all the stuff I need from the reload that got wasted. Didn't lose the game or the saves, and even if I did genbrad had the april 1st save if I really need it, and that is where I had played up to anyway.

Normal service should resume tomorrow :)

i hope this glitch wont have had a negative effect on the game. that my only worry, i would hate to see this glorious AAR come to an end before its time ie your victory.

Update!!!!
( I just can't wait sorry :wacko: )

Well, to be honest, a storm would be very useful in this period of darkness glooming over the last Empire of the world.
Although the Soviets never can take the Home Islands (they have one of the worst navies in the world, just accept it!) they can take the Chinese mainland and cause chaos!!!!

We must not let this happen

We want to maintain Greater Nippon!

Tim

UPDATE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!! I'm dying here....... (goes back and cleans his K98 and Mosin for the 11th time)

IF YOU GUYS WOULD READ BACK HE SAID HE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HIS COMPUTER!!!!! :mad:

I thought it was obvious. Evidently everyone is resting before the big push over the top. Writing letters, making scones, cleaning guns, etc. And a bloody lot of tea ceremonies, no doubt.

Yeah man, those Japanese love their Scones alright. I just hope Stalin don't eat 'em all. :rolleyes:

Time goes by so slowly, when you have no updates to read ... work time productivity, on the other hand, increases a lot. :D

I already guessed that the mortal Remble is speaking through the divine Emperor Showa (or was it the other way round? ;) ).

But according to the article on Wikipedia on Hirohito, he did have a somewhat straightforward approach to military matters. Regarding the 2-26 incident I quote:

Shortly thereafter, he ordered Army minister Yoshiyuki Kawashima to suppress the rebels within one hour, and he asked reports from Honjō every thirty minutes. The next day, when told by Honjō that little progress was being made by the high command in quashing the rebels, the emperor told him "I Myself, will lead the Konoe Division and subdue them." The rebellion was suppressed following his orders on February 29.

So in another time line the April 1st-quote could have been attributed to Hirohito.

Remble does not strike me as the abandoning type of guy, he'll be back ;)

Originally posted by Phax:
Remble does not strike me as the abandoning type of guy, he'll be back ;)

Of course, he would never wander off when his thread is so popular and respected. There's no need for seppuku just yet. :)

cjwet - I save monthly so not much chance of a catastrophe.

Thurak - Thanks but I thought it was at least necessary to explain why no updates, and as you might have guessed the problems were not quite so easily resolved :mad:

genbrad - I think I might just randomly send a save to someone else every now and then just in case from now on ;)

rampagingmouse, Grapp - Now it is all fixed. Had to get a new CPU fan as well.

Sokraates - Hirohito is an Emperor and they mostly have a petulant streak so he has one too :D

Phax, Mangudai - The only way I would abandon an AAR is if I have no choice in the matter :)

And without further ado an update at last ...

Operation Obsolete

0000 April 1st 1946.
North China Army Headquarters. Lanzhou, China.

The brunt of the Soviet offensive was heading his way, of this Higashukuni was certain. The massive build up along the Chinese border over the last two weeks was about to be unleashed against his inadequate smaller force. He could do nothing but delay the enemy advance. Help was on the way in the shape of the Imperial Japanese Air Force.​

apr1460000gr1.jpg

A total of three Interceptor wings made their way from bases throughout the Empire. Tanaka headed for Korea from Guadalcanal with a second wing heading for north east China. Another wing would assemble in Ahmadabad led by Watanabe. The four squadrons making up this last wing were veterans from naval patrols around India and Indonesia. The job of protecting this vital area would fall on the Imperial Japanese Navy in the shape of its Submarine force which sailed for ports in Indonesia.

Additional support would come in the shape of Close Air Support aircraft moving to Urumqi and Tactical bombers heading to Korea where they would begin to upgrade during their rest period. Further bombers would arrive once they had finished their tasks in the Pacific.

Higashikuni was not just going to sit and wait for the Red Army, he would also give his opposing commander something to think about as the entire Mongolian border erupted in conflict.​

apr1460100gr.jpg

Japanese forces, which had moved up during March, sent the small number of troops defending Mongolia backwards across the entire front led by a large army heading into Bayan Tumen.​

apr1460100gr2.jpg

The single Soviet response was an attack on Gulja with overwhelming force. Lt. General Shigeta did not bother waiting to shoot back and withdrew towards the large defensive Japanese force in Urumqi. He hoped the Soviets enjoyed their month long march into the mountains of north western China.

Lt. General Itou had taken off from Urumqi as the sole Dive bomber wing and had headed for the border. His choices were many as this was as target rich an environment as any bomber commander could find.​

apr1460400gr1.jpg

He chose to attack the thirty six enemy divisions in Alma-Ata on his first run in response to their attack on Gulja. He would not spend much time on this force and would find an easier target for his subsequent flights.​

apr2460300gr1.jpg

The next morning he would fly behind the main enemy lines and target the single headquarters division following along behind.​

2000 April 1st 1946.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Admiralty Island.

Ozawa did not mind losing half of his bomber force as most of his work was already done. Operation Obsolete was progressing well and there was almost no chance of an enemy fleet showing up to slow him down.​

apr1462000gr1.jpg

The six Dive bombers still at his disposal had almost reduced the defences of New Ireland enough for the waiting marines to begin their assault.​

apr2461200gr1.jpg

By 1200 hours on April 2nd more of his forces had moved into position to conduct their invasions. Mj. General Aung San attacked the Santa Cruz islands to secure the narrow corridor between the Solomons and the New Hebreides. He would move back to Espiritu Santo to defend that island on completion.

Two invasions began in Fiji at the same time. The only airbase and port on Vanua Levu and the Lau Group would be the initial targets. BB Division 2 provided protection for the Fiji invasions.​

apr3460000gr2.jpg

Imamoru and Banzai began their amphibious assault on New Ireland at midnight on April 3rd supported by Dive bombers and BB Division 1, which had moved from Admiralty Island to cover the operation. The garrison division remaining on the island surrendered in short order.​

0000 April 3rd 1946.
Intelligence Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

The Kure Naval Yard informed Kuniaki that they had completed their research into an Advanced Aircraft Carrier. Japanese Carriers would receive upgraded air wings as a result.​

apr3460000gr1.jpg

Mitusbishi received a contract to conduct research into Advanced Logistics to assist with supply distribution throughout Japan's growing Empire.​