• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

starkwolf

Captain
54 Badges
Jan 13, 2019
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • King Arthur II
TL;DR: This is a place to showcase your custom AoW4 characters by responding to prompts. Follow the rules and have fun!

Off in a lesser discussed area of Magehaven lies what is only known as "The Lounge." Here is a place that connects very far off realms where not only can the ascended speak to each other in safety from all harm, but so too can all sorts of leaders still fighting for the right to ascend, and even those whose realms have not yet been affected by the great conflict tearing apart the fourth age. Traditionally, The Lounge has been a place for rulers of all sorts, ascended and otherwise, to get to know each other on a more casual level and engage in some ice breakers, whether they are Sha'Drai, Covenant, or unaligned.

Welcome to The Lounge! I have either one or two chapters remaining for my AAR at the time of writing (may split it up), but there are so many characters I would love to share with everyone, AoW4 is so incredibly rich in its ability to create engaging characters and factions! Sadly, I have way more characters than I would likely ever play, let alone write a multichapter AAR about. I don't doubt many of you are the same way, and no doubt for many a multichapter AAR can be quite intimidating. The Lounge was an idea for people to be able to respond to various prompts as one of their leaders in AoW4, be it more political or more casual. Responses can be fairly short or fairly long, as the poster is inclined. I hope it will allow more people to engage in storytelling with their characters, particularly those that would not otherwise make it into its own AAR.

A few rules and guidelines:

-A picture of your ruler with the tooltip highlighting your faction's attributes is recommended, but not required.
-To access pictures of your character, you may either use the print screen function on your computer and paste the image, or attach the file from your screenshot folder.
-No more than one prompt per page (subject to change), but if there has not been a prompt change then feel free to reply to the prompt on the previous page.
-If people are enjoying a prompt, there is no requirement to change it at any given page. Do respect it if someone decides to do so.
-You can reply to a prompt, then post a new one on the same post if there is no prompt yet posted on your page (if you are so inclined)
-Prompts may be presented out of character or in character, as the writAAR is so inclined.
-Obviously all forum rules apply: keep subjects and responses in line with all forum rules and be prudent in general with what is appropriate.
-One character's response per post
-You are encouraged to RP with various characters, but this is not a requirement
-Your character may either respond to a previous character's response, or may reply to the prompt directly. Characters may continue to reply to each other until the prompt changes.
-Characters are unable to hurt each other in Magehaven, but may exchange threats regarding if they meet in a realm if it is in character to do so.
-All RP is to remain directed at characters by other characters, not the authors. Be respectful to your fellow writAARs. This goes hand in hand with respecting forum rules.
-These rules (except those set by Paradox ofc) are subject to change as needed, they will be updated and/or added here when they take effect.
-Normally a writAAR must wait one week before double posting. I will post the first prompt and response as an example.
-Feel free to include stories from your leader's "past" (previous games and/or lore), but additional screenshots are appreciated (again, not required) if they would contribute to context.

Prompt 1: What's your favorite food?
Current Prompt: (Prompt 1 still active)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
1709656127570.png

Amenmeit: "Oh fish, hands down! I particularly love those salty fish humans call sardines, or anything salty really."

OOC: Saying "OOC" is a useful way to indicate you are not saying something in character.

OOC: This looks like a great idea and I hope the mods encourage this. As I am not a player of this game (yet), I will likely not be dropping in here. However, the folks in this sub-forum should know about two areas of the general Forum that have similar constructs.

There is the bAAR, where you are encouraged (the rules say required but no one seems to serve as referee or mod) to write in character.

There is also the SolAARium where writing is discussed. The writAARs here may find that interesting. Have fun in this Lounge!

• 1Like
Reactions:
OOC: Yeah, I was going to bring up the fact that you probably need mod approval.

I also don't have AoW4, but I'll be following this thread anyway. I'm sure people have a lot of interesting stories to tell!

There is the bAAR, where you are encouraged (the rules say required but no one seems to serve as referee or mod) to write in character.

There is also the SolAARium where writing is discussed. The writAARs here may find that interesting. Have fun in this Lounge!
There's also Guess The Author if you're into prompted writing and/or critique.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A voice from the void calls out "Thus decrees the great archon Qorten: 'I checked your post and it is a nice initiative. If the AoW4-AAR-subforum were already moved over to AARland proper I would've told you to just hop on the bAAR-project. Given that an AoW4-AARland inclusion isn't in the works (at least not in the immediate future, I asked) I've no problem letting you continue.' So has been declared, so shall be done. Hail Qorten!"

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
lords_abominant.jpg

Oreth'Gul: "Mhrm, food... So many are enjoyable.... *rumble* Probably Goretusks, especially when marinated in tincture from Caustic Worm effluvia and Stingers' spores, all acidified and with slither venom coating... Ghrmm, now I'd eat something..."

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
OOC: @starkwolf, merely having a single prompt about food is never really going to work. Typically, a person's 'favourite food' is an arbitrary thing and answering that question doesn't honestly lead the conversation anywhere or reveal anything meaningful about the character in the majority of cases.

Reactions:
OOC: @starkwolf, merely having a single prompt about food is never really going to work. Typically, a person's 'favourite food' is an arbitrary thing and answering that question doesn't honestly lead the conversation anywhere or reveal anything meaningful about the character in the majority of cases.

OOC: In consideration of this point, I'll place an exception and leave new prompts open at any time to replace the current one.

OOC: In consideration of this point, I'll place an exception and leave new prompts open at any time to replace the current one.

I don't understand what you mean there. What I was proposing was that we have like 4-5 separate prompts, each of them chosen to be relevant to different types of character.

Reactions: