• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, no infamy after ruthlessly annexing all those countries (Knights, Achea) and those provinces... feels like such an exploit. Gamey is soft. I kinda dislike this a lot.:eek:o

Byzantium is pretty much the only nation that can use reconquest to that extent.

Oh, another exception is forming nations like Russia or Germany where you receive lots of cores.

True, but with respect to gameplay there was no difference to the situation previously, was there?

See the post above yours complaining about the differences. Under the new system he gained 0 infamy and bonus prestige for annexing territory on which he had a valid claim. I'm also thinking there would have been a same religious group stab hit on the old system. Is your issue that he gained CB from something that would have given him CB in the old system?

Subscribed.

See the post above yours complaining about the differences. Under the new system he gained 0 infamy and bonus prestige for annexing territory on which he had a valid claim. I'm also thinking there would have been a same religious group stab hit on the old system. Is your issue that he gained CB from something that would have given him CB in the old system?

Not at all. And I didn't say I have an issue with anything. All I wanted to say is that I need to see more DOWs using different CBs in order to see the impact the new system has.
But I guess I can't possibly expect to get an understanding of the new system within a couple of years of game time.
I'm waiting for more!

Very nice AAR! And Byzantium is always a great choice. I wish though that this game was not being released during the exam period - and this AAR is just going to make it harder to abstain from playing the game after its released. Great job Paradox!

To the Shores of Tripoli

After the first Ottoman war, we have some time to kill. Looking out across the world, our options are slightly limited. We could declare war on the Golden Horde, The Mameluks or The Timurids, but I'd rather build up some more turf before taking on either of them. For lack of anything better to do, I pick up a few provinces off of Tripoli.

attachment.php

Holy war is the shit. Begone from my lands, infidel scum! A few years pass, and the country is destabilized (-1 stab) as we shift toward centralization. When something interesting happens.

attachment.php

The Ottomans sue for peace with England and Milan, with the prize being Corfu's release. Little Corfu wants to come home! Little Corfu is, however, guaranteed by The Papal State and Milan. We get military access from Naples, Mantua and Modena, and place 12 regiments outside Rome...

attachment.php

... destroy their armies, and start the sieges. Milan has been hit hard by Napels during their turkish war. What we really want here is a base of operations in Italy, so this war is good news. At about this time we also pick up our first idea. National Bank is almost always a given for me, with Military Drill a close second. Some things haven't changed. We take the bank. Inflation can be a real killer. Even a few percent added on to tech cost does add up. I like military drill, but an army fundamentally marches on its stomach, or on the debased currency we use to tax our population -- same, same different name.

attachment.php

One of the things you'll probably notice in HtTT is the improved AI. I haven't really accrued that much infamy here, but Hungary has a different perspective on things. I'm a threat, and I look weak. Thus Hungary pounces. The logic for how and when this happens has been improved by what at least feels like an order of magnitude. Notice what a shrewd move Hungary makes here. Declaring war under these circumstances -- low badboy, high threatlevel, occupied elsewhere -- is not something you would see the IN AI do all too often. This AI definitely has its eyes on you.

attachment.php

We make quick peaces with the Italians for Parma and Romagna. Infamy goes up by 8 points, four for each taken province, as we have no Casus Belli against either of them (Since this war is really about Corfu). Notice the new emphasis given to CBs. Without a CB (Of the right kind) you will be accruing infamy fast when taking provinces off the AI. The armies are put on the first ship home, as Hungarian forces cross into the Empire...

Attachments

• 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    686,2 KB · Views: 6.343
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    719,1 KB · Views: 6.314
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    827,4 KB · Views: 6.299
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    747,4 KB · Views: 6.305
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    729,3 KB · Views: 6.354
Not at all. And I didn't say I have an issue with anything. All I wanted to say is that I need to see more DOWs using different CBs in order to see the impact the new system has.
But I guess I can't possibly expect to get an understanding of the new system within a couple of years of game time.
I'm waiting for more!

Didn't mean to imply anything negative. I choose issue as opposed to problem or complaint because I thought it was nicely neutral. I think all of us want to see as much as possible. We are impatient little bastards like that.

On that note: Did I miss the screen shot for his DOW on Candar, or was there not one? I would have liked to have seen that, as I don't think it was a reconquest CB.

On that note: Did I miss the screen shot for his DOW on Candar, or was there not one? I would have liked to have seen that, as I don't think it was a reconquest CB.

On that note, no we haven't.... Was wondering abou that myself.

Anyway, Brother Bean, pretty agressive start. I hope you are doing it to show us how the improved AI reacts on a warmonger?

Anyway, Brother Bean, pretty agressive start. I hope you are doing it to show us how the improved AI reacts on a warmonger?

After seeing him reach 81 infamy on an earlier screen, I think thats just his playstyle :p

well, I can understand Italy, as the long term gain is enormous and these provinces are a stepping stone to recover Rome...
I just don't know whether at this stage I would have bothered about the provinces in North Africa, no cores, wrong culture and religion and dirt poor. But than, that's just me and maybe one of the reasons I have never ever even come close to a WC ;)

Totallyconfused is right, Byzantium has a whole ton of unclaimed cores and there's no reason why you should stop fighting until every last one is yours.

Also, wow, look at Austria go! *cheers on the BWB*

Great AAR, great insight into the improvements that have been made. I'm still slightly concerned about balance, being as he once again seems to be kicking arse and making vast territorial gains with a petty state. I may have to mod a few of those cores out.

Nice AAR so far, and great achievements for a nation that was so threatened at the start.

How did performance change in the expansion? Is the game proceeding faster at fast speeds? With the new textures, are graphic even more demanding as they originally were?