• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
What is the "Force limit." Is it new? I seem to remember nothing about it.

Land and naval force limits aren't new, it's just how big an army/navy you can own before you start paying extra.

The missing pics have appeared in the firts post for anyone thta missed them, BTW.

Not to mention that this is already how it works in IN. You don't get BB for taking provinces that you have a core on unless you're annexing a OPM in doing so.

Nothing new is happening here! The Reconquest CB is just a clearer way of stating how the game has already been working.

It's slightly different, there's no BB for annexing with reconquest either. Check the screenie in the first post.

I cherished hopes there would be some check on university-grabbing in HTTT. It seems like a bit of an exploit to be able to just rock up and start getting the benefits right away.

But rock on.

That's always been kind of the point about northern Italy, the Universities make it a very nice area to expand into.

Regarding performance, I find HttT to run faster than IN, but I upgraded from XP to Win7 at the same time, so I couldn't say for sure where the gain is coming from. I can offer a definate maybe though! :)

It's called Byzantium because that's what historians called it later, they never called themselves anything but Romans. It might be interesting to get something special if you manage to reconquor the western Empire, but then that didn't work out too well for Justinian, so perhaps not.

Edit:
The Byzantine Empire or Eastern Roman Empire, was the Roman Empire during the Middle Ages, centered on the capital of Constantinople, and ruled by Emperors. It was called the Roman Empire, and also as Romania (Greek: Ῥωμανία, Rhōmanía), by its inhabitants and its neighbours. As the distinction between "Roman Empire" and "Byzantine Empire" is purely a modern convention, it is not possible to assign a date of separation, but an important point is the Emperor Constantine I's transfer in 324 of the capital from Nicomedia (in Anatolia) to Byzantium on the Bosphorus, which became Constantinople (alternatively "New Rome").[n 1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire
(I know, not everyone trusts the wiki, but it backs up what I know form others sources).

Huh youre right, good catch. I just remembered I modded this part so long ago that I forgot about it. Never made sense to me.

Well, the idea was the owner of Edirne and Bursa controls the strait and therefor can tax trade passing through into the black sea. And obviously if you're the owner of a CoT in Thrace you wouldn't tax yourself. But it did make more sense when Thrace started as a CoT, it probably should have been changed to see if any black sea coastal province was a CoT not owned by you like the sound toll did.

Anyway, it's different now :)

Also... while I like new country tags and forming states as much as anyone... I do think that seeing a restored Roman Empire in the game is a bit too rich. It sometimes strikes me when I play the Byzantines into the 1700s how anachronistic I am. Kills the mood a bit IMHO...

Pfft, they lasted for a thousand years, what's a few hundred more? :p

So, an additional line of national ideas is grayed out... they probably require certain prerequisites.

Which are they? Have the effects of the National Ideas been changed?

Requirements haven't changed, they needed ceartain tech levels before HttT. As far as I remember only some religious ideas have been changed to affect Papal Influence, and that only bothers catholics.

There's a decision and, I think, an event which have a chance of decreasing your infamy. He could also have had some diplomat advisors for the first set and lost them later.
Heck, maybe he lost a war and had to give up stuff :eek: