• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Murmurandus said:
There seems to be some text missing... ;)

Probably but not certain ;)

Good update badvoice! It seems that the Soviets are finally getting thrashing they deserve :D

Great success against the Soviets. But winter is closing, how's the Autumn weather at the moment?

Olaus Petrus said:
Great success against the Soviets.
19838552ly3.jpg

badvoice said:
Dont worry, i just had to eat lunch, now it is there :rolleyes:

You prefer lunch over completing your update??! :eek: OMG! :eek:

:D

Good update BTW... ;)

Guangxi said:

Nice, i was just waiting to see him, great success.
Also i do like "hi faave"

Oh and Murmundus, because of lack of internett at home, i have to post at work, and being the unfaithful worker that i am, i do so, hehe. It is just if i want to camouflage my post as work i have to act the role as worker and that includes takinglunch with the others ;)

badvoice said:
Oh and Murmundus, because of lack of internett at home, i have to post at work, and being the unfaithful worker that i am, i do so, hehe. It is just if i want to camouflage my post as work i have to act the role as worker and that includes takinglunch with the others ;)

:eek: How dare you... :eek:

;)

Getting closer to Moscow, almost where Jerry stopped

In three weeks the Dutch army had rushed forward trying to overrun the Sovjet defences and bringing the war to an end as fast as possible. It had been a great success at all fronts with results far better then expected. At all the battles fought until now, the Dutch had managed to have superiour numbers in all battles because of better planning and tactical organisation. The situation seemed to end near Moscow where hordes of Sovjet defenders rallied to the defence of the great capitol. It was reported that around 40 divisions were in the area of Moscow alone. It would not be as easy to take Moscow as Kiev had been, and further south, Sovjet had more troops then the Dutch at Crimea. The Ukranian front looked far better though. The Dutch army were still superiour there. At the Leningrad front it was more equal, but with the arrival of Iberian expeditionary troops things were looking far better. Also at the Ukrainian front, expeditionary forces were arriving from all of Europe. There were stil not many troops, but it would help alot. France also sent good news on the 20th of August. They sent news that at least 20 French divisions were on their way through Germany and Poland at the moment and the French government wanted their troops to be used at the areas were they were most needed, particularly Moscow. This was great news to the Dutch, as they would probably not be strong enough to handle Moscow. Finally help were arriving from all of Europe.

During the first three week of battle agains Sovjet, Netherlands had lost about 40.000 men. Many of these brave men were wounded, but many were also dead. The Sovjet dead were horrible compared to the Dutch losses. They had lost about 150.000 men, while close to 200.000 had been captured. Even worse, Sovjet had lost 40% of their armored divisions and large parts of their Stalin orchestras and artillery. The only front Sovjet excelled at were in Persia. The allied troops in Persia were pinned down in some areas far south. Sovjet were not doing well against China though. Chinese troops had almost managed to cut the Sovjet Sibiria in two from Mongolia, through Ikutskt and further north. Manchuria had fallen in Chinese hands as well. Korea had managed to crush the North Korean armies and taken back their lands, making a united Korea again. They also managed to hold back the armies of Sovjet. Soon they would be completely safe again as Chinese troops pushed Sovjet further back. The only thing troubling Netherlands were the growing might of China. If China would declare war on Korea, it would be extremely difficult to make efficient war against them when all of the Dutch army were fighting in Sovjet. Netherlands began planning to return all the Japanese areas back to Japan, and as a favour from Japan sending Japanese troops to secure Dutch and Korean areas along the Chinese borders.

On the 23rd of August many events took place. First at Kursk, 12 Dutch divisions attacked three Sovjet armored divisions. This was the place Sovjet had assigned most of their armored divisions. A difficult battle was fought, where the Sovjet tanks inflicted serious damage to the Dutch divisions, but were finally after 24 hours of intense battle routed. The Sovjet tanks recieved alot of damage from the determined Dutch troops, but the lack of tanks made the Dutch suffer badly. What won the day as in so many other battles, were the Dutch airforce. They flew several raids on the Sovjet forces and effectively did half the work of routing the Sovjets. over 50% of the Sovjet armor destroyed were destroyed by the airforce. They also flew missions to destroy as many as possible of the fleeing forces.

screensave685ki0.png

At Sevastopol, the important harbor of Crimea were the next target. The Dutch armored cavalry arrived at Kerch to divert the troops in Sevastopol into attacking them. The move was a success, 4 Sovjet divisions attacked from Sevastopol to open the supply lines again. They were then attacked in a flanking manouver by the combined army group north of Sevastopol. The battle was extremely hard, and once again Netherlands would not have won the battle had it not been for the great aid from the airforce. The cavalry in Kerch tried to hold their positions as log as possible, but were in the end routed suffering heavy damage. But the manouver had been a success. After 48 hours, the Sovjet commander at Sevastopol raised the white flag in their last position. 45.000 Sovjet soldiers were captured that day. It had been a great victory that came at a far to high price. Far to much equippement and far to many soldiers had died in the attack.

screensave686xn5.png

At the same time the battle for Noginsk next to Moscow were fought. The Dutch troops faced a large armygroup and a battle with 200.000 soldiers took place. The Dutch had almost twice the amount of troops participating in the attack as Sovjet had defenders. The weary Dutch soldiers managed to rout the defenders after a long and hard battle. Now the could see the huge defensive lines of Moscow, and it was not a pretty sight to see.

screensave687bk0.png

The last battle on the 23rd of August were at Tula. An Dutch combined armygroup attacked a single defending Sovjet infantry division. In the heavy rain they scored a thundering victory, and the poor defenders tried to flee as fast as they could under constant bombardment from the oncoming Dutch and the airforce.

screensave688nx1.png

Good to see that you have reached the Gates of Moscow. Now conquer the city before it becomes muddy.

This is going amazingly smooth... :cool:

This is going much better than I expected :D

Quanto said:
Nice! Lets hope you don't run out of steam like so many other countries have!

I hope so to. The worst obstacles are left though, with Moscow and Leningrad.

Olaus Petrus said:
Good to see that you have reached the Gates of Moscow. Now conquer the city before it becomes muddy

That will be hard. I dont have armies ready to attack just yet. They outnumber me in the city and then i am without a chance. I just have to wait for them to send their troops out from the city and then take them out slowly. Thats how it looks like now, but something might happen that improves my ods.

Murmurandus said:
This is going amazingly smooth

So far so good. I am just anxious about the winter and mud and the huge troop assembling in key areas.

Baneslave said:
Uh, those to colors just don't go with each other very well. Other must be vanquished and Soviets seems to be the easier canditate.

I do agree, i gotta do things faster to get rid of the Sovjets

General Jac said:
This is going much better than I expected

I agree

lifeless said:
maybe its time to change sides and play as the russians

Good suggestion, but it would actually be to easy. They have so many troops that i will be able to take out all of Asia and Europe if i tried it. The AI is so much more stupid then a human player, that is why i am winning for now.

Quanto said:
I couldn't help but laugh at that one

Actually i did to.

Baneslave said:
Not bad idea, but it must have some narrative reason too

I agree, and i just could'nt do it now, cause i have played Netherlands all the way from 1936, and quitting them now just to strike back as Sovjet union would just be wrong. Anyway, it could actually be rather difficult as Sovjet crossing over to Europe because of the huge forts i have built.

badvoice said:
That will be hard. I dont have armies ready to attack just yet. They outnumber me in the city and then i am without a chance. I just have to wait for them to send their troops out from the city and then take them out slowly. Thats how it looks like now, but something might happen that improves my ods.

Winter would be easier if you control Moscow. Because your advance will become very slow soon, you have to find good positions which are easy to defend.

Olaus Petrus said:
Winter would be easier if you control Moscow. Because your advance will become very slow soon, you have to find good positions which are easy to defend.

I am hoping for one thing though, that Sovjet have moved the capitol out of Moscow. If they have, i can isolate the city and starve them out/bomb their supplies out, thus making it easy to take it. Of course it wont be easy, as time is running out of my favour. Winter should be fine but slow after i take Moscow, only because of my airforce though. The airforce works fine during the winter, so when my troops do battles, i will first interdict, and then ground attack them once the enemy retreats. It is really bastardly to do this, but i have to do it to win. Most of the Sovjet divisions i have destroyed, were destroyed by the airforce, and that means mass-slaughter. Leaves me with a bad feeling.