• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

"First You change the governmant, then, the head of government fails. One way or another."

"Your Imperial Majesty, we have just got another bank bankrupcy. It took us 20 days to get back to the army upgrading."

"I was thinking about starting the anti-comintern-nazi-imperialism pact, but unfortunately, there are only a few countries that are not commi, nazi or pro-imperial."

Allying yourself with the Brits?

I tried to check that option before, but the highest join alliance level was at 7% only.

Last edited:

"Your Imperial Majesty, we have received another seven invitations from different Universities of the world for You to take a proffesors degree. I have put them all on hold. Propably we could open our own University here?"

"Your Imperial Majesty, this is a great progress for our social developement. That way we would not only improve our TC, but as the first country in the world we would enable professional activation of women."

"And hurrah! We just get another point of TC, that way, no one in the world is capable to stop us now!"

"With early great war surgery technology is like with the carpentry, a good saw, strong stomach and a bit of eagerness is equal to the doctorate in medicine."

I tried to check that option before, but the highest join alliance level was at 7% only.
I think that my chances jumped to 17% after 2 slider moves towards democracy. Then, you have the same type of government than the British, which help a lot. After, it is just a matter of trying.
I realized something else. After that Italy declared war on Abyssinia and literally got eviscerated by the Allies, I indulged myself by being part of the conquest of Libya. I got no territory because I was attacking from British controlled territory. But I claimed all of Libya. Later, UK (same type of government) handed over to me all my claims. France (a much more leftist government) kept all of them. I suppose that I will got them, should I move to a more leftist government.
Good luck with the AAR!

"Your Imperial Majesty, just as we predicted those red traitors betrayed us. With their great purge, they gave a sign for the Italians. They have allowed Italians to attack our country with their Pact Ciano-Mołotov. I'm glad that we are not bordering those asian barbarians, any country in that situation would be just lost."

"Our intel is not very detailed. We have no idea about their technological advance. But as we are still in 1936, we can assume they don't have any INF that would be better than ours. Please note that they have only around 33 INF div. It either a underevaluation from our men, or some of their units are in the middle of deployement. They have a strong navy, nothing that we could outmatch by ourselves in short time."

"The situation on both of the fronts looks promising. They shouldn't attack us on somalian front, and it seems like we should do a good job in the eritrea. Generally we are able to attack at once, as soon as we would regain supplies. It is hard to believe, that they decided to attack, when unprepared. Or it seems that way, they might have some reinforcements in further provinces, where we cannot see them."

I prefer to turn all the messages options as "pause and popup", that would allow me to not lose any important msg. On the other hand I get a lot of useless trash, and sometimes I become "trigger-happy" which results in important messages being lost as popup, and available only from the history below the map or from history in F12 part.

Is there a way to recall a message from popup, when it was already dismissed?

I was trying to make a screenshot from "History", and I was amazed, that F11 shortcut was not working.
I had to use the CTRL+PRSCRN and paste it into paint.

Hehehehe the Italians seem to know that in your timeline the Ethiopians will not be so easy to conquer (i.e. the habitual Italian WWII silliness cannot be overcome by them with a material advantage :p)

"Your Imperial Majesty, this is how the deployement of our own troops looks like. Each of our armies is composed only of one kind of units. There are three INF armies, the Imperial Guard unit plus a single militia unit at the Eritrea front. The somalian border is protected with three armies of 9 militia units. At the moment we do not expect the Italians to attack on that front, and in case of attack, militia units should be more then enough to ward them off."

"It seems like we shouldn't expect any more resistance from Italians than that we can see now. Also it seems like they don't have any airplanes in the bases in Africa. This is most foulish of them. Still I guess they were scared of our AA div units."

"At this moment we plan to wait untill our supply would reach the units and attack on the north front. Previously we planned to attack in one direction, now it seems eglible to attack simultaneously on both bordering provinces. Abyssinia would have an access to the sea soon!!"

Hehehehe the Italians seem to know that in your timeline the Ethiopians will not be so easy to conquer (i.e. the habitual Italian WWII silliness cannot be overcome by them with a material advantage :p)

I couldn't resist myself from showing this small scene from movie, that tells much about the Italian military provess :).

[video=youtube;0_wgbiPz5M8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wgbiPz5M8[/video]

"Your Imperial Majesty, it was hard to believe for our military commanders, that their attack was met with so little Italian resistance. It seems like they have attacked us while forgetting to make mobilization to reinforce their units. Now they have to pay for their overconfidence."

"This is a new tactics that we have used, we shall call it "the lighting war". In merely two weeks we have managed to encircle the Italian army in Eritrea. Now we wait for all units to be on their places, to start an assault that would wipe them off. We hope that noone would take them with sea transport."

"If this was not about the walking speed of our units and poor rate of TC, we would be able to do finish them off a lot more quicker."

"Your Imperial Majesty, it seems like I have forgot to... errr... I mean I have deliberately chosen to produce some consumer goods, while already in the war, to lower our popular unrest, and possible boost to Italian resistance. Now I decided that we shall reinforce our units, in that way we shall prioritize moving the conscripts to the right units. It seems lie some of our conscripts are a little too young to fight, but I'm sure, that when that war would eventually finish, they would be in the right age already."

"Your Imperial Highness, when I was in Spain last time, they gave me a meal called "corrida". It was delicious, two really big meatballs with sauce. On the next day I ordered the same dish, and they gave me a pair of small meatballs. I asked the waiter, why I get the different size than the yesterday, and he answered: "Senor, corrida is like corrida, once the bull dies, once the torreador.""

"I should publish a manual book "How to become a potent dictator." First You should promote yourself from general rank, and please - You already have the chain, now You should start collecting some decorations."

"I'm the man of the year 1936!"

"Hitler, Stalin - All the others get that later. I was first."

"Great timing, this would surely help them to win."

"Your Imperial Majesty. Let the world tremble!!! This is a great effect for the implementation of our new military tactics. Italian four division were crumbled to dust in encirclement."

NOO 1 IC LOST¡!¡!¡!

This was due to the popular unrest.

That was a weird joke :p

One question, why is it you can command more than 12 divisions (in the last screenshot, 21)? Don't you need HQs for that?

One question, why is it you can command more than 12 divisions (in the last screenshot, 21)? Don't you need HQs for that?

You can command as many units as You want, You just get the penalties for that. I could hold some of the units in reserve, and then add them if needed, just at that moment I feel like I need to be there as soon as possible in as large force as fits.

Field Marshal can lead 12 units, plus 9 units from one of the generals on the second attack direction, we get our lucky number 21.

Wow... I actually thought it depends only on the commanding leader and the HQs... Does the number increase if you attack from 3 or more provinces?