The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Farewell, Annionaverse X-Division. You began as enemies and parted as allies. This was a nice goodbye to them, even if it's not the last we see of them.

As for your personal update, please by all means take your time. This is the fastest updating AAR I follow, some missed days is hardly something to apologize for.
I had to let them go at some point. The two universes couldn't stay connected forever.

Yeah, I don't think any other AAR has daily updates. Granted these aren't gameplay updates (though I did plenty of daily gameplay updating before), but it's still pretty fast. I've been meaning to step back for a while and go back to the slower update schedule. I won't leave you all hanging, so I'll post the finale and then use the time to get my affairs in order. I might still do periodic updates (2-3 per week) if I can find the time.

Yeah, I don't think any other AAR has daily updates. Granted these aren't gameplay updates (though I did plenty of daily gameplay updating before), but it's still pretty fast. I've been meaning to step back for a while and go back to the slower update schedule. I won't leave you all hanging, so I'll post the finale and then use the time to get my affairs in order. I might still do periodic updates (2-3 per week) if I can find the time.
Hey by all means you’re free to switch up the schedule as long as you’re okay writing this. I’m okay waiting a week or two between update as long as you can work out your personal problems and writer’s block.Take care Zen.:)

Writer's block is indeed a pain, it's not easy planning stuff out after all. Take your time Zen, we'll all be waiting till you return.

Hey by all means you’re free to switch up the schedule as long as you’re okay writing this. I’m okay waiting a week or two between update as long as you can work out your personal problems and writer’s block.Take care Zen.:)
The writer's block is minor compared to my family's issues, because that has serious consequences for my personal life and I need to plan accordingly.
Writer's block is indeed a pain, it's not easy planning stuff out after all. Take your time Zen, we'll all be waiting till you return.
Oh, you have no idea. I have to plan out a 20 year story arc integrated with the gameplay where I have to develope about a dozen characters. I've had to do a lot of outside research. I've gotten way more pieces of media for research than I can count. But it'll all pay off once I bring it together. I just need some time.

I want to clarify, as I wasn't previously and a couple things have changed in the last hour or so. I'll continue posting what I have, just at a slower rate. After the finale, there will be one or two chapters (it's been so long since I wrote them so I forgot) followed by several cultural updates, the 2000s summary, and minor country lore. Then there is the last X-Division story arc. I may upload them all periodically, but I could also just stop after this finale next week. My situation changes really rapidly, and I need to prepare myself for the worst.

Thank you so much for understanding. I didn't come to this decision lightly, and I really hate to take time off from something I've spent three or four years working on. But I guess sometimes life doesn't go as we planned.

Since by in-game time, Annionaverse's Earth is soon to be nuked, will in the next X-Division arc be revealed to Hohenzollern side about Anniona's conquest of Mars and their devolution into feudalism? Will Julius Anniona make a cameo appearance just for lulz? Or that arc will have nothing to do with other universes and will be something completely new?

Since by in-game time, Annionaverse's Earth is soon to be nuked, will in the next X-Division arc be revealed to Hohenzollern side about Anniona's conquest of Mars and their devolution into feudalism? Will Julius Anniona make a cameo appearance just for lulz? Or that arc will have nothing to do with other universes and will be something completely new?
No.

Quick update. Things just got a lot worse. Worst case scenario happened. There's no going back now. I'm not updating today. Maybe not tomorrow. I don't know when. Nothing makes sense. Stress levels are going through the roof. I'm not going to post much for the next few days if I do post anything. I need time off to figure out what I'm going to do. I'll come back eventually, but I really apologize for this.

Okay, things have calmed down a little. Pretty anticlimactic if you ask me. The issues seem to have been resolved for now. But I still want to take a break for at least a week. These last few days have drained me a lot.

So I just came back from watching Endgame. Sorry @CaptainAlvious, but this is far superior to Infinity War. While Infinity War was the action, this focused more on character development and outright fanservice. I loved what they did for my favorite character.

Still feeling burned out. I'm thinking of posting the first part of the finale sometime tomorrow.

Take your time, please.

So I just came back from watching Endgame. Sorry @CaptainAlvious, but this is far superior to Infinity War. While Infinity War was the action, this focused more on character development and outright fanservice. I loved what they did for my favorite character.

Still feeling burned out. I'm thinking of posting the first part of the finale sometime tomorrow.
Glad you liked it, it is a very good movie I admit. like I said that final battle at the end was epic. :)

I understand your need to take time off from this AAR, truth be told I myself I'm going to take a break from Paradox AARs to focus on my final weeks of school, so I understand where you're coming from. I'll still be reading tho, its just that I probably won't be commenting or posting thoughts on this or other AARs until my school year is over. In the meantime, see you later and take as much time as you need.:)

Last edited:
Also, since you've mentioned it, who's your favorite character and superhero in the MCU? If you don't want to, you don't have to tell me, I'm just curios.
Captain America. The First Avenger was the movie that got me into the MCU (and Marvel in general).

While we are still on this break on this AAR I just about this; what perspective have the game play updates been written from so far. I mean, the story arc updates are obviously the typical thrid person limited perspective for the characters there, but I always assumed the game play updates in universe were being written in universe by some historian documenting the events the AAR. So my head canon is that the gameplay updates are in universe part of a history book being written by someone in the future (maybe even an historian at the end of this AAR at Stellaris). Besides, the Orgins of Modernity updates in EU4 where written from a history book perspective, spefically by a history professor named Reinhard Markos in Neu-Brandenburg/Neu Berlin, so maybe that´s where the gameplay updates are written from in universe.

Alright, maybe this question was a bit too meta, but I have been reading history book style AARs and those kind of inspired me to ask this question. Hope you like my head canon/theory even if it´s not canon.:)

While we are still on this break on this AAR I just about this; what perspective have the game play updates been written from so far. I mean, the story arc updates are obviously the typical thrid person limited perspective for the characters there, but I always assumed the game play updates in universe were being written in universe by some historian documenting the events the AAR. So my head canon is that the gameplay updates are in universe part of a history book being written by someone in the future (maybe even an historian at the end of this AAR at Stellaris). Besides, the Orgins of Modernity updates in EU4 where written from a history book perspective, spefically by a history professor named Reinhard Markos in Neu-Brandenburg/Neu Berlin, so maybe that´s where the gameplay updates are written from in universe.

Alright, maybe this question was a bit too meta, but I have been reading history book style AARs and those kind of inspired me to ask this question. Hope you like my head canon/theory even if it´s not canon.:)
How do you explain the narrator who took over during the Anarchy? And what about Gabriel?

How do you explain the narrator who took over during the Anarchy? And what about Gabriel?
Whoops, well those are some holes in my theory I kind of forgot about.:p Tbh, I sort of thought that Anarchy narrator was non canon, and I do consider the Gabriel chapters story arcs updates, not gameplay updates

I don’t know, I guess liked the idea of the gameplay updates being told from an in universe perspective to the point that I sort of forgot about the details that contradicted this idea, sorry Zen.:oops:

Whoops, well those are some holes in my theory I kind of forgot about.:p Tbh, I sort of thought that Anarchy narrator was non canon, and I do consider the Gabriel chapters story arcs updates, not gameplay updates

I don’t know, I guess liked the idea of the gameplay updates being told from an in universe perspective to the point that I sort of forgot about the details that contradicted this idea, sorry Zen.:oops:
The "main" narrator mentions they were kicked out of their job temporarily during the Anarchy.

I myself have my own headcanon when it comes to the history book styled updates, feel free to use this idea moving forward as I doubt I will be able to include this in my planned Komnenoi AAR since my laptop got busted.

So picture this Zen. The Paradox forum is essentially one giant library wherein the AARs are catalogued between finished and unfinished, all placed in the sections of their respective genres and games. All these books are written by one singular omnipresent entity (but a step below God) known as the Chronicler. The representation of ALL the writers of every AAR in this forum. The whole Gabriel trolling back in the HOI3 section is cause the Chronicler took a bathroom break :p. Of course since there's a bigass library there's also a librarian cataloging this. Thus my idea of a chronicler and a librarian was born. Feel free to tackle on this idea if you want to :D

I myself have my own headcanon when it comes to the history book styled updates, feel free to use this idea moving forward as I doubt I will be able to include this in my planned Komnenoi AAR since my laptop got busted.

So picture this Zen. The Paradox forum is essentially one giant library wherein the AARs are catalogued between finished and unfinished, all placed in the sections of their respective genres and games. All these books are written by one singular omnipresent entity (but a step below God) known as the Chronicler. The representation of ALL the writers of every AAR in this forum. The whole Gabriel trolling back in the HOI3 section is cause the Chronicler took a bathroom break :p. Of course since there's a bigass library there's also a librarian cataloging this. Thus my idea of a chronicler and a librarian was born. Feel free to tackle on this idea if you want to :D
I like it, I’m thinking we can also make the librarian helping the chronicler an orangutan as a reference to Discworld.;)

It's my headcanon that the forum is a multiverse, one of many multiverses of fictional media (so other alt histories are in their own multiverse), and each AAR is a universe. I like your idea about a chronicler, but it still doesn't answer the question of why the narrator was kicked out during the Anarchy.
I like it, I’m thinking we can also make the librarian helping the chronicler an orangutan as a reference to Discworld.;)
Now I'm picturing Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond narrating my AAR. It's hilarious.:D