The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was able to post it on there thank you. One last question is there a place were I can ask questions about navigating the forum's so I'm not constantly asking here like a Q&A forum/sub forum?
Try here. You can also find it easily on the front page (second link from the top).

Well the plot certainly has gotten thicker, I seem to recall Hohenzollernverse Oskar being one of the angels in hiding so him being just a crazed zealot in Annionaverse is interesting. I certainly hope the Reverend is just a generic human and not a runaway angel, or that's gonna complicate things :eek:

Also on the whole Nolan Trilogy being part of the DCCU, would TTL's Christian Bale still play as the Catman? I kinda picture him making cameos in the DCCU since his Bruce Wayne did end up retiring after faking his death. Plus we might get to see Nightwing take his place.

Well the plot certainly has gotten thicker, I seem to recall Hohenzollernverse Oskar being one of the angels in hiding so him being just a crazed zealot in Annionaverse is interesting. I certainly hope the Reverend is just a generic human and not a runaway angel, or that's gonna complicate things :eek:
The Reverend is not a runaway angel. Annionaverse angels (or the lack of them) open up a whole new can of worms I'm not prepared to answer. But if you look at Oskar's last words, you might notice he and by extension the Reverend are not just crazed zealots.
Also on the whole Nolan Trilogy being part of the DCCU, would TTL's Christian Bale still play as the Catman? I kinda picture him making cameos in the DCCU since his Bruce Wayne did end up retiring after faking his death. Plus we might get to see Nightwing take his place.
Christian Bale would remain as Catman, but TDKR wouldn't end with him faking his death (among other changes, I don't know because I didn't write a summary). Instead, it would leave the story open-ended with Tavira Augustus embracing his role as Catman and the defender of the city.

Hopefully Angela making him wait won't get Schulz in trouble...

Hopefully Angela making him wait won't get Schulz in trouble...
He could be arrested for loitering suspiciously near a heavily guarded military base.:p

Remember what happened to the last monarchs named Wilhelmina and Friedrich? Or should I say, do you remember them?
My point exactly, there have only been a handful of Wilhelminas and Friedrichs (the Friedrich Augustins don't count as significant as they significant as they were) that Wilhelmina being Kaiserin would be nice just so we could have a Wilhelmina, plus she did inherit some of Saint Wilhelmina’s feisty attitude towards clergy leaders like when she punched the Ecumenical Patriarch when she was a baby getting baptized, like how Saint Wilhelmina and Gunhilda were mentioned of having punched the pop at one point.:p

I also like some of the references to the Marauder Shields comic series you have integrated in this post and the previous ME update @TWR97, particularly Bailey kicking ass on the Citadel while rocking an eye patch and, of course, Shepard’s brief fight with Marauder Shields himself.:D I have been reading Koobismo’s Mauader Shields comic and it is an excellent read from what I’ve read so far, so nice use of some its ideas here.:)
Christian Bale would remain as Catman, but TDKR wouldn't end with him faking his death (among other changes, I don't know because I didn't write a summary). Instead, it would leave the story open-ended with Tavira Augustus embracing his role as Catman and the defender of the city.
That makes me wonder, who should you have play as the Joker in the DCCU since Health Ledger probably still died like OTL, I can imagine Sucide Squad would be very different with the Nolan trilogy, so I don’t really see Jared Leto playing the Joker like OTL. Maybe the Joker with his new actor would make an appearance in the Dark Knight Rises?
Originally, I was going to make the DC Cinematic Universe the Annionaverse's equivalent of the MCU (with their MCU being the DCEU and the MCU shows being the CW shows, Agents of Shield literally taking inspiration from the worst seasons of Arrow), but I shifted the DCCU to the Hohenzollernverse. I haven't planned on integrating the CW shows because of this, but ideally they'd be part of the DCCU, focusing on lower-level superheroes doing their own thing (except for the Flash, who has his own movie, and Supergirl, who is too close to Superman to get a show) while the Justice League fights the world-ending threats. However, I did loosely integrate the Nolan Batman trilogy into the DCCU, helping set up Batman's character and identity before he meets Superman.
Out of curiosty, how accurate would the MCU and DCCU be with their comic source material and OTL cinematic universes, of course creativity liberates are necessary due to how Comics tend to have many stories and lots of contradictory continuity, I´m just wondering which spefic storylines from the comics you´d like to adapt in your Superhero summaries? I presumbe Crises on Infinite Earths, like how the MCU builds up to an adaptions of the Infinity Wars storyline. I also assume that a Catman vs Uberman would be part of the DCCU lineup of movies, so I would prefer it to be made when Catman and Uberman´s relationship is more established and the Justice Alliance is long established, like with OTL´s Captian America:Civil War. I´d also like the conflict between Catman and Uberman to be a bit more nuanced and moraly grey, since alot of Batman vs Superman stories, particulry Injustice and the Dark Knight Returns, show it as either a fight between one corrupted verison (usually Superman) of the hero fighting against a still moral hero (usually Batman) so many times that its a little played out. I also don´t like how OTL´s Batman vs Superman put the Death of Superman at the end of the movie, since that scene was way too early in the DCCU that it doesn´t have the impact that should have like the orginal Death of Superman comic did, I´d rather put the Death of Superman event as something to actually to end the DCCU storyline on since by that point, Superman coming back wouldn´t be obvious and the Justice League would have dealt with the Major end Villian of the DCCU. So I actually think an ending where Superman dies and doesn´t back would make a good conclusion to the DCCU since unlike comics, both the MCU and DCCU do have a certain story line they are telling with a conclusion in mind. Of course they might still be more DCCU movies after that, but there wouldn´t be Justice League movies and they´d deal more with the aftermath of the ending, sort of like Epilogue movies for the DCCU if you will. Plus fake out deaths are pretty cliched and I don´t like how Batman vs Superman handled it. What do you think of this idea?

I'm wondering about who should be the overarching villan of the DCCU since Doomsday is a logical choice for a Major end villian, but he is a bit too simlar to Thanos in some respects to be used in the DCCU, maybe Brainiac? I did like how Infitity War gave Thanos sympathetic motivations and characterization that didn´t make him a generic overlord, so maybe the DCCU could do something similar with their end villain.

And I do agree that Supergirl would be a bit too close to Superman to get her own movie or show, through I could see her or Superboy being supporting characters in some Superman movies. Speaking of which, is Man of Steel as dark as OTL? I´m personally feel that Man of Steel was way too close to a Batman movie than a Superman movie in a alot of ways, mostly in that scene where Superman killed Zod (and I don´t think Superman killing a villain really works for his character IMO) so maybe Man of Steel in this TTL could have a more hopeful tone to it here. That´s kind of why I suggested Supergirl as a supporting character in TTLs Man of Steel to balance out of the higher stakes and darker moments likely to be present in that movie here. Also because it would be interesting to see how Uberman reacts to another member of his species surving Kypton/Xenon (I remember you change Kyrpton to Xenon in the 1970s update and its description of the Superman movie) destruction. I´ll flesh out these suggestions and ideas a little more, but hope you like some of the ideas I have so far.:)
I assure you, we totally won't go into that mysterious temple which will bring us under the influence of an eldritch abomination. We definitely won't do that. Nope, we won't. Yeah, we're going to nuke it from orbit, yep, nuke it, definitely.;)
Since the Annionaverse is a parallel universe to the Hohenzollernverse, does that temple or the other ruins of the Old Human Empire still exist in Stellaris? In fact, aside from the Jotun and Vanir (who I don´t think were in Anniona Universalis if I remember correctly) wouldn´t the galaxies of the Hohenzollernverse and Annionaverse (espicaly in alien civilizations present) be similar to each other? If that´s the case, what galaxy settings are you using for Stellaris since I think Dragoon had a huge galaxy full of dozens of human derriative factions (through the last part was a result of the exodus from the Rapture and the Anniona conquest of Mars)?
Help me, help me, I'm getting too weak, the Augustinian Code is in the way...
I am going to end this, once and for all!

raises lightsaber and gets ready to execute Wilhelm Karl

I think we´re going to need an Anakin for this meme through, since you´re Wilhelm Karl/Papaline and I´m Mace Windu and I refuse to spare Wilhelm at all. Where´s @Sir Dippingsauce when you need him for this? Through I do expect that if he were still active here, he would hate Wilhelm Karl as much as the rest of us. Shame he doesn´t seem to be active and post memes around here anymore.:(

Last edited:
Aside from bringing up stuff from Marauder Shields there's a few more Mass Effect fanwork that I actually referenced going back all the way to TTL ME's first contact war, among other things, if you've read their works you might get a chuckle or two ;). And yeah Marauder Shields apeearing at the end if the beam was deliberate. He's the last enemy we get to kill in OTL after all (TIM and destroying the reapers don't count), so by all means he's as canonical as the three husketeers. His existence is guranteed in every ME3 game whether ours, the Hohenzollernverse, the Annionaverse or whatever Paradox AAR exists :D

Also those ideas for the DCCU are very interesting, and I can actually see TTL's BvS movie being similar to Civil War, plus Überman's death would certainly be near the concluding plot (Like a certain Avengers movie that's gonna be pemiering a few months from now :p)

While it'd be a bummer if TTL's Heath Ledger passes away so soon after the Dark Knight, it'd be cool if he still gets to play his anarchist version of the Jester as I think he'll definitely play a much bigger role in TDKR than Bane would (Though this might lead to the non existence of Baneposting :eek:)

As for Stellaris, we'll just leave it to Zen's diabolical plans, I for one would LOVE to see if there's any fallen empires once we get to Stellaris; and see why the Enigmatic Observers left humanity to their supposed fates (Unless of course they also had a hand on their demise :eek:)

My point exactly, there have only been a handful of Wilhelminas and Friedrichs (the Friedrich Augustins don't count as significant as they significant as they were) that Wilhelmina being Kaiserin would be nice just so we could have a Wilhelmina, plus she did inherit some of Saint Wilhelmina’s feisty attitude towards clergy leaders like when she punched the Ecumenical Patriarch when she was a baby getting baptized, like how Saint Wilhelmina and Gunhilda were mentioned of having punched the pop at one point.:p
Friedrich III (who consciously did not take the name Friedrich Augustin) did almost nothing in his very short reign. And the two Wilhelminas were overshadowed by the first. Because of the precedent, monarchs are concerned about taking those names (just as they are concerned about taking the name Wilhelm, given what happened to all of them). And people are still inexplicably worried about the Reign of Women. Maybe the only reason I didn't like having a string of female rulers back then was because I couldn't get Defender of the Faith, since it was hardcoded for men only (which is stupid, because I think Queen Elizabeth I had that title).
That makes me wonder, who should you have play as the Joker in the DCCU since Health Ledger probably still died like OTL, I can imagine Sucide Squad would be very different with the Nolan trilogy, so I don’t really see Jared Leto playing the Joker like OTL. Maybe the Joker with his new actor would make an appearance in the Dark Knight Rises?
Suicide Squad just doesn't exist. I don't know how to rewrite it to fit into the DCCU.
Out of curiosty, how accurate would the MCU and DCCU be with their comic source material and OTL cinematic universes, of course creativity liberates are necessary due to how Comics tend to have many stories and lots of contradictory continuity, I´m just wondering which spefic storylines from the comics you´d like to adapt in your Superhero summaries? I presumbe Crises on Infinite Earths, like how the MCU builds up to an adaptions of the Infinity Wars storyline. I also assume that a Catman vs Uberman would be part of the DCCU lineup of movies, so I would prefer it to be made when Catman and Uberman´s relationship is more established and the Justice Alliance is long established, like with OTL´s Captian America:Civil War. I´d also like the conflict between Catman and Uberman to be a bit more nuanced and moraly grey, since alot of Batman vs Superman stories, particulry Injustice and the Dark Knight Returns, show it as either a fight between one corrupted verison (usually Superman) of the hero fighting against a still moral hero (usually Batman) so many times that its a little played out. I also don´t like how OTL´s Batman vs Superman put the Death of Superman at the end of the movie, since that scene was way too early in the DCCU that it doesn´t have the impact that should have like the orginal Death of Superman comic did, I´d rather put the Death of Superman event as something to actually to end the DCCU storyline on since by that point, Superman coming back wouldn´t be obvious and the Justice League would have dealt with the Major end Villian of the DCCU. So I actually think an ending where Superman dies and doesn´t back would make a good conclusion to the DCCU since unlike comics, both the MCU and DCCU do have a certain story line they are telling with a conclusion in mind. Of course they might still be more DCCU movies after that, but there wouldn´t be Justice League movies and they´d deal more with the aftermath of the ending, sort of like Epilogue movies for the DCCU if you will. Plus fake out deaths are pretty cliched and I don´t like how Batman vs Superman handled it. What do you think of this idea?
Also those ideas for the DCCU are very interesting, and I can actually see TTL's BvS movie being similar to Civil War, plus Überman's death would certainly be near the concluding plot (Like a certain Avengers movie that's gonna be pemiering a few months from now :p)
Right now, Phase 1 and 3 of the MCU are roughly the same as OTL, with the titles changed. Phase 2 is the only one I'm rewriting (except Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, and Ant-Man). I've actually added a lot more comic references and plot points into Phase 2 (and I assume they'll carry on into Phase 3). Iron Man 2 (mentioned in my Iron Man 3 summary) is now based on Armor Wars, while 3 is based on Extremis and features the "real" Mandarin, now with comics-accurate powers/tech and an appropriate backstory. Ultron also makes an appearance, but as an AI helper like JARVIS not yet capable of full sentience. The Dark World is almost entirely rewritten with an original story, and Malekith is rewritten to be more like his comics version. Winter Soldier is almost the same, except Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have minor roles and Selvig appears in the post-credits being recruited by Hydra. Ant-Man is also very similar to OTL, except it is released before Age of Ultron (and thus takes place before it) and Sharon Carter appears to represent SHIELD, to tie in with Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter (I'll explain later) as well as Winter Soldier, where she was introduced. Age of Ultron is almost completely changed, with Pym given an important role. As in the comics, he is responsible for "creating" Ultron, in the movies that means improving the existing Ultron AI so that it inadvertently gains sentience. What follows is a mostly original story which incorporates elements from the comics such as Slorenia (and its people's fate at the hands of Ultron). I also found some official concept art for a mega-Ultron made of smaller Ultron drones and put that in the rewritten movie. There are also more Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter tie-ins. Magneto (as Eric Lensherr) is mentioned near the end but won't appear anytime soon. If I did summaries for Phase 3, I would've put more tie-ins with the Netflix shows and maybe Runaways and Cloak and Dagger. I also rewrote Inhumans to actually be good as I didn't know how to turn it into a movie (or if such a movie would fit in the new MCU).

DCCU is indeed building up to Crisis on Infinite Earths, but I haven't gotten there. Catman vs Uberman actually starts after all of the major Justice Alliance characters are introduced in their own movies and is called Catman and Uberman: The World's Finest so as to not focus on them fighting. When they do fight, it's between two heroes who are (largely) just starting out as heroes, Uberman having just embraced his identity and Catman reestablishing his career after Robin died (off-screen between the Nolan trilogy and the DCCU proper). Neither of them is morally corrupted. The conflict is morally gray and nuanced, as the two heroes disagree on methods and philosophy. I completely removed the Death of Superman plot because I rewrote Justice League to not need it (it is instead based on Justice League: War). However, I might move it to a future movie. I still haven't touched Phase 2 (everything after the Justice Alliance movie), but I could kill him off to weaken the Justice Alliance in time for Crisis on Infinite Earths (I'm not that familiar with the story). There might still be a Civil War-type situation in a future movie when the Justice Alliance is long established.

And as a rule of thumb, no fake-out deaths in the movies.
I'm wondering about who should be the overarching villan of the DCCU since Doomsday is a logical choice for a Major end villian, but he is a bit too simlar to Thanos in some respects to be used in the DCCU, maybe Brainiac? I did like how Infitity War gave Thanos sympathetic motivations and characterization that didn´t make him a generic overlord, so maybe the DCCU could do something similar with their end villain.
Actually, I went with Darkseid as the overarching villain as Thanos in OTL was actually based on him. Doomsday in BvS is instead replaced by Metallo, who works well as a one-off villain. Brainiac might work as a cosmic threat for the Flash and Green Lantern (and later the rest of the Justice Alliance) to deal with post-Crisis.
And I do agree that Supergirl would be a bit too close to Superman to get her own movie or show, through I could see her or Superboy being supporting characters in some Superman movies. Speaking of which, is Man of Steel as dark as OTL? I´m personally feel that Man of Steel was way too close to a Batman movie than a Superman movie in a alot of ways, mostly in that scene where Superman killed Zod (and I don´t think Superman killing a villain really works for his character IMO) so maybe Man of Steel in this TTL could have a more hopeful tone to it here. That´s kind of why I suggested Supergirl as a supporting character in TTLs Man of Steel to balance out of the higher stakes and darker moments likely to be present in that movie here. Also because it would be interesting to see how Uberman reacts to another member of his species surving Kypton/Xenon (I remember you change Kyrpton to Xenon in the 1970s update and its description of the Superman movie) destruction. I´ll flesh out these suggestions and ideas a little more, but hope you like some of the ideas I have so far.:)
Supergirl and Superboy might appear in "Phase 2" movies, but I've only worked on Phase 1 so I don't know. Man of Steel isn't as dark as OTL (both plot-wise and literally, that lighting was annoying). I put more emphasis on Clark's origin story, with his parents having a bigger role in shaping his character. Uberman still kills Zod, but I added more weight and to his decision as well as affecting his character more. I think it's too early to introduce Supergirl though. I forgot about the Xenon reference in the original Superman movie. I've since retconned that back to Krypton.

Also, for some reason I renamed Lois Lane to Lana Lang even though they seem to be different characters. Do you have a better German/Greek-sounding name for her?
Since the Annionaverse is a parallel universe to the Hohenzollernverse, does that temple or the other ruins of the Old Human Empire still exist in Stellaris? In fact, aside from the Jotun and Vanir (who I don´t think were in Anniona Universalis if I remember correctly) wouldn´t the galaxies of the Hohenzollernverse and Annionaverse (espicaly in alien civilizations present) be similar to each other? If that´s the case, what galaxy settings are you using for Stellaris since I think Dragoon had a huge galaxy full of dozens of human derriative factions (through the last part was a result of the exodus from the Rapture and the Anniona conquest of Mars)?
I came up with the idea for the ancient humans long before Dragoon started Stellaris. I tweaked a few elements when he introduced his own ancient humans. It's my canon that the ancient humans were the same in both universes, so their ruins would be mostly the same (the temple would still exist, but I can say it won't be the only one; you've already seen it;)). I say mostly because of how galaxies are generated in Stellaris. I can't write a fully prescripted galaxy (and need to include systems which don't exist in the Annionaverse save), so the best I can do is chain system spawns together so they show up roughly where I want them to. Because of this, I can't use an identical map to Dragoon's.

I'll explain this in-universe two ways. First, the galaxy is so large each "galaxy" in Stellaris is only an abstract representation of the overall galaxy, showing only a few "important" (not important in the strategic sense or anything, just in terms of existing) systems while the rest are in the background. There are different "important" systems between the universes. So while a system that appears in the Hohenzollernverse doesn't appear in the Annionaverse and vice versa, there is an equivalent in the other universe. It just doesn't show up in-game. Second, my headcanon is the Cybrex randomly determined which direction to launch their invasion in, destroying a different set of civilizations in each game (hence why they're the last "canon" precursor), which would explain why there's a different set of civilizations/fallen empires in each game (and especially in the two universes). This is the first point of divergence between the Hohenzollernverse and Annionaverse, with the second being the rise of the Annionas on one universe's medieval Earth and not the other.

The Jotun's and Vanir's original species do exist in the Annionaverse but aren't as important. I'm not going to reveal anything else about them yet. I'm not going to talk about my other galaxy settings because I haven't started on the mod yet. I'll get to that once I get close to the end of NWO, because Stellaris will probably have updated several times before then. However, I can confirm I will be replacing all of the random civilization spawns with prescripted ones.
I´m going to end this, once and for all!

raises lightsaber and gets ready to execute Wilhelm Karl
cuts off Pavel's arm, like I was supposed to do in X-Files
While it'd be a bummer if TTL's Heath Ledger passes away so soon after the Dark Knight, it'd be cool if he still gets to play his anarchist version of the Jester as I think he'll definitely play a much bigger role in TDKR than Bane would (Though this might lead to the non existence of Baneposting :eek:)
The Joker will only appear in the Nolan trilogy and in flashbacks in the first DCCU Catman movie (where he commits suicide to spite Catman), so Heath Ledger could live a little longer to film that.
As for Stellaris, we'll just leave it to Zen's diabolical plans, I for one would LOVE to see if there's any fallen empires once we get to Stellaris; and see why the Enigmatic Observers left humanity to their supposed fates (Unless of course they also had a hand on their demise :eek:)
Everything I'm revealing now is not a spoiler. For example, there are fallen empires. Just worry about what I'm not revealing.:p

Through the Pitch Dark, Part 4

Tatiana’s house - 10:30 PM

Boris prepared to go to sleep, but as he lay down in bed, Marcus grabbed him from behind. He screamed and struggled, but Marcus put a chloroform cloth over his mouth, and he passed out. Irina heard her father’s screams and opened her eyes. A minute later, Marcus entered her room and found the bed empty. He started walking around as Irina nervously watched from a closet.

“You want to play hide-and-seek, lady?” he said. “I'll find you. It wants me to find you. I'm simply carrying out God’s plan. That's why it sent It to lift me up, to lift this broken world up. Take comfort, Irina Kirova. You gave so much of yourself to help heal others. We all have to make sacrifices for the common good, for It's love.”

He stopped in front of the closet and opened it, dragging her out. She kicked and screamed, but she was too weak to break free.

“No!” she screamed. “No!”

Tatiana and Olga ran into the room.

“Hey!” Olga said.

“Let go of me!” Irina screamed.

“Let her go!” Tatiana said.

Marcus turned to them.

“Looks like the family’s all here,” he said, “You don’t understand, do you? I’m trying to make the world a better place. Better doesn’t always mean better for everyone. What was shall—”

Tatiana and Olga opened fire, hitting him in the chest. He released Irina and fell to the ground. Tatiana approached Marcus, finding he was only holding a crucifix in his hand. She raised her gun and emptied her clip into Marcus’ head. Then she put away her gun. Irina ran over to Olga.

“Olga!” she said.

“Sis,” Olga said, “You’re safe now. You’re okay.”

St. Eudokimos Hospital - 11:00 PM

Angela and Kurtz watched as the Kirovas congregated and consoled each other in Irina’s recovery room. Angela’s earpiece buzzed, and she answered the call.

“Where are you?” Schulz said. “It's been an hour. I can’t wait too long!”

Angela stepped away from Kurtz. “I'm leaving now. Just give me fifteen minutes.”

“Make it fast,” Schulz said, “I'm starting to get panic attacks.”

Angela hung up just as Max’s mother walked up to her.

“Agent Hansen?” she said. “I thought that was you.”

“Frau Kassel, how is Max doing?” Angela said.

They walked to Max’s room and sat next to Max’s bed.

“Doctors think you got there just in time,” Frau Kassel said, “He hasn't been able to stop talking about you. It'd really mean a lot if you could say hi. Hey, Max, someone's here to see you.”

Max looked at Angela. “Hi."

“Hi,” Angela said, “How are you feeling?”

“Much better now,” Max said.

“That's good,” Angela said, “You're a really brave kid, you know that?”

“Well, not as brave as you,” Max said, “Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure,” Angela said.

“What's Athanatoi?” Max said.

Frau Kassel did a double-take at Angela.

“Uh…” Angela said. “Athanatoi's just another word for police.”

“Well, then when I grow up, I want to be Athanatoi too,” Max said.

Frau Kassel’s face paled.

“That'd be nice,” Angela said, “Now, you should get some rest, because it's late.”

“Okay,” Max said.

Angela turned to see Kurtz eavesdropping from the doorway.

“Bye,” she said.

She walked over to Kurtz.

“How's Irina?” Angela asked.

“She'll be fine,” Kurtz said, “The doctors are taking a look at the serum Oskar Junge synthesized. It may have some healing potential for Irina and the other surviving victims.”

“Well, that's great,” Angela said, “Maybe some good could come out of all this.”

Kurtz looked Angela in the eye.

“Hansen,” he said, “The Athanatoi doesn’t exist. They're better known in German as the Deathless Ones. They were Michael Anatolios’ secret police in the first half of the 20th century. They were disbanded after the war and periodically reappeared as Greek terrorist organizations throughout the rest of the century. At least, that’s what happened on this side. You know who you are, don't you?”

“Oh…scheiße,” Angela cursed, “What happens now?”

Kurtz sighed. “Nothing. Do what you want. Me…I just want to go home. Thank you.”

Konstanstadt Harbor - 11:45 PM

Schulz taxied the boat to within a few dozen meters of Unification Island and shut off the engine.

“Schulz, don't worry,” Angela said, “Just stick to the same bearings on your way out, and you won't run into any of their patrols.”

“What makes you so sure?” Schulz said.

“You’re a veteran,” Angela said, “You’ve done this before. And also because I memorized the routes when I escaped from there."

“How you plan on getting up there?” Schulz said.

Angela stared at the well-lit statue of Octavia.

“I'll manage,” she said, “Thank you... for everything.”

“Hey, I just borrowed a boat,” Schulz said.

“No,” Angela said, “You believed in me.”

“You got me all the way the hell out here,” Schulz said, “You might as well tell me, where is it you're from?”

“I’m from a parallel universe,” Angela said.

“And in this parallel universe, is my brother alive?” Schulz said.

“Neither of you are alive,” Angela said, “He died in our version of the Lindi War, like Mark. You didn’t serve there, but you died afterwards. I can say both of you died as heroes, as did Mark. But Erich is alive.”

“And what about him?” Schulz said.

“He’s my father,” Angela said.

Without waiting for a response, Angela dived over the side of the boat and into the harbor. She began swimming to Unification Island. In a minute, she reached the island and climbed over the dark seawall. She scaled the chain-link fence and avoided detection from the security guards. Inside, she continued toward Bruno’s lab, hiding from the patrolling soldiers. She reached the lab and used her keycard to unlock the door. Inside, she injected the Cortexiphan substitute and other drugs into her arms and climbed into the tank. She concentrated hard on leaving this place. She could feel her surroundings falling away, the darkness around her interrupted by shades of gray and dark hues. She mentally made the final push, and she was back home.

Restoration Island, Constantinople - June 30, 2010, 12:03 AM

Angela materialized in the gift shop again. She quickly looked around and picked up one of the postcards to make sure she made it. Then she tried the doors, but they were locked. She was about to kick them open when she heard someone behind her.

“Ma'am, what are you doing here?” a cleaning lady said. “We're closed.”

“I’m sorry,” Angela said, “I was just leaving. Could you let me out?”

Her body started trembling. At first, she thought it was just the cold water from the tank or the drugs in her system, but her surroundings began shimmering and distorting. She was being pulled back to the other side.

“No, scheiße,” she cursed, “No, this can’t be happening!”

She turned to the cleaning lady.

“Ma’am, I’m not going to hurt you,” she said, “I need you to listen very carefully. What I'm going to say will sound insane, but I need you to do something for me, quickly!”

Unification Island, Konstanstadt - 12:04 AM

The tank opened, and a security detail dragged her out of the tank as she fiercely resisted.

“No!” she shouted. “No, I don’t frakking belong here!”

Walternate stood behind the soldiers.

“Sedate her,” he sternly ordered.

Angela’s residence, Strasburg - 12:05 AM

It was movie night at Angela’s residence. Casablanca played on the TV. Diana and Olga had gone home earlier, Diana to put Alex to bed and Olga because she was so drunk Anna forced her to take a ride home with Diana. That left just Anna and Anders. Anna was sleeping on one of the couches, while Anders watched the movie. Angelalt also dozed off next to him. Anders looked over and noticed her. He tapped her on the arm.

“You know, I can turn it off if you want to go to sleep,” he said.

“I'm just resting my eyes,” Angelalt said.

“Right,” Anders said, "Otherwise known as sleeping.”

“Oh, don't you want to see how it ends?” Angelalt said. “It’s much better than all those movies with Claudius—er, Siegfried Anniona. He’s more dignified than that.”

“I've seen this movie about a hundred times,” Anders said.

“Oh,” Angelalt said, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I assumed you did too,” Anders said, “Angie, you've never seen Casablanca?”

“I've heard of it,” Angelalt said, “It's, uh, it’s Roland Wilson, right?”

“No,” Anders said, laughing, “It's Humphrey Bogart."

“Oh,” Angelalt said, “I was kidding. Okay, so let me guess. They, uh, they end up running away together, and, and they live happily ever after?”

“Actually, no,” Anders said, “He leaves her at the airport, and they never see each other again.”

“Oh,” Angelalt said, “I thought you said it was a love story."

“It’s based on a true story,” Anders said, “The author of the book the movie was based on ran a bar in Casablanca during World War II, and it was her ex-husband she had to let go at the airport. He ended up dying later in the war. She then helped publish Di’s mom’s diary afterward.”

“Uh, wow,” Angelalt said, “I never knew that.”

“You must be drunk, Angie,” Anders said, “Di shares that story every chance she gets. You heard it plenty of times.”

“Then why are you repeating it to me?” Angelalt said.

“I wanted to see how drunk you were,” Anders said, “I mean, you have a copy of the Director’s diary so you know the story.”

“How does the Director’s diary have to do with Di’s mom’s diary?” Angelalt said. “Wait, I shouldn’t be bothering you anymore. Half of those bottles in the trash are probably mine.”

“I should get going,” Anders said, getting up, “Walter needs me and Anna.”

Angelalt smiled and turned over, trying to get back to sleep. Anders walked to the kitchen and began packing his stuff. His phone rang.

“Oh, you've got to be kidding me,” he said, “Hello? Walter, that you? I can hear you breathing.”

“Is this Anders Humboldt?” a woman said.

“How do you have this number?” Anders said. “Are you Sentinel?”

“I'm calling from Constantinople,” the woman said, “I know this will sound crazy, but I just saw a woman disappear in front of my eyes. She gave me this number.”

“Who is this?” Anders said.

“Her name was Angela Hansen,” the woman said, "She has a message for you. She's trapped in the other universe.”

I think we´re going to need an Anakin for this meme through, since you´re Wilhelm Karl/Papaline and I´m Mace Windu and I refuse to spare Wilhelm at all. Where´s @Sir Dippingsauce when you need him for this? Through I do expect that if he were still active here, he would hate Wilhelm Karl as much as the rest of us. Shame he doesn´t seem to be active and post memes around here anymore.:(
I miss his Dragonball Z references. Especially after rewatching DBZ Abridged.:D

I swear if all that stuff Anders has witnessed plus the phone call isn't enough to finally make him suspicious then truly the Spooky Anders of the 90s has fallen, maybe it'll be up to his wife and their mutual Russian friend to figure it out :D, I mean come on, anyone whose anyone in the Hohenzollernverse has probably seen Casablanca (Probably not the younger generation though)

On that topic, if you finally get to write the Inquisitor chapters, will we get to see Englebert again? He was after all one of the many souls stranded on Earth after the Equalists nuked Heaven. So it'd be awesome to see a familliar face from Götterdamerrung. Fingers crossed we get to see Altonate too.

I know we have discussed on what famous works in OTL would look like here but since I didn't seem to spot them in the previous AARs, I gotta ask, would Dante Aleghieri still exist back in CK2? With no Florence exiling him I think he would not have written the Divine Comedy, or perhaps he did after a certain angel made it happen ;), it's been a while since I've read the Divine Comedy but given Dante was around the same time Saints Gunhilda and Willhelmina were still around I'm betting he'd write Gunhilda to be somewhere in either Heaven or guiding the souls upwards in Purgatory. Now on Machiavelli's The Prince it'd probably be about the ideal meritocratic society, or perhaps he might have written something favoring to China's Constitutional Monarchy (Thus mirroring his OTL views on Republicanism being the ideal one), maybe his book was one of the inspirations that led to the Maximist Wars.

Gibbon's Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire certainly would not exist given how the Reich is a direct continuation of the Empire. I think he'd still keep his hatred of the Byzantine Empire though :p.

I swear if all that stuff Anders has witnessed plus the phone call isn't enough to finally make him suspicious then truly the Spooky Anders of the 90s has fallen, maybe it'll be up to his wife and their mutual Russian friend to figure it out :D, I mean come on, anyone whose anyone in the Hohenzollernverse has probably seen Casablanca (Probably not the younger generation though)
Watch as he still doesn't get the hint.:D Regardless, I think it's already clear from the previous updates that "Spooky Anders" is already dead and has been since the Twin Towers fell. Just like how OTL X-Files couldn't adapt to a post-9/11 world, Anders can't adapt to the new reality. The old conspiracy theories he subscribed to were fueled by the early internet, where it was easy to find rumors and "proof" but not easy enough to find stuff to refute it. Now everybody has a smartphone, everybody's online, and sometimes reality is even crazier than the conspiracies themselves. Those old conspiracy theories died out, and the newer ones are just downright crazy. As paranoid as he was, Anders is a product of his times. He would never believe in any modern conspiracy theories.

Every Roman probably knows how Casablanca turns out, even if they didn't watch it. I'm the only one in my circle of friends who watched it, yet all of my friends know the ending and can quote the iconic lines (probably because of Star Trek). It's the same with the Romans.
On that topic, if you finally get to write the Inquisitor chapters, will we get to see Englebert again? He was after all one of the many souls stranded on Earth after the Equalists nuked Heaven. So it'd be awesome to see a familliar face from Götterdamerrung. Fingers crossed we get to see Altonate too.
The part of Heaven where the souls lived wasn't affected by the nuke. And the Inquisitor chapters will take place in the modern day. I don't know how to bring back Engelbert, as the other flashbacks will take place either long after he died or before he joined the Inquisition (where my memory of what I wrote of his life is spotty at best) or focus on entirely different places. But I am going to write a flashback chapter with Conrad and Hans in their prime, though it takes place after Engelbert died. So I guess that's consolation for not seeing Engelbert again. However, his son Horst might show up in the future...;)
I know we have discussed on what famous works in OTL would look like here but since I didn't seem to spot them in the previous AARs, I gotta ask, would Dante Aleghieri still exist back in CK2? With no Florence exiling him I think he would not have written the Divine Comedy, or perhaps he did after a certain angel made it happen ;), it's been a while since I've read the Divine Comedy but given Dante was around the same time Saints Gunhilda and Willhelmina were still around I'm betting he'd write Gunhilda to be somewhere in either Heaven or guiding the souls upwards in Purgatory. Now on Machiavelli's The Prince it'd probably be about the ideal meritocratic society, or perhaps he might have written something favoring to China's Constitutional Monarchy (Thus mirroring his OTL views on Republicanism being the ideal one), maybe his book was one of the inspirations that led to the Maximist Wars.
I see you remember the Dantean War from Age of Miracles.:p Dante might still have been expelled from Florence, if only so I can still have the divine Comedy exist. I want Machiavelli's The Prince to be similar to OTL, because I still want that book to describe the ideal and most efficient ruler. Some future characters might take inspiration...
Gibbon's Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire certainly would not exist given how the Reich is a direct continuation of the Empire. I think he'd still keep his hatred of the Byzantine Empire though :p.
I remember we went over this a long time ago. I believe I had him actually write something like "Rise and Fall and Rise Again of the Roman Empire" to have him talk about the direct continuation of the Empire from the founding of Rome until the modern day. Or maybe that was just satire and I had him die a horrible death offscreen.:D

Extraction, Part 1

Angela’s residence, Strasburg - June 30, 2010, 12:05 AM

“What?” Anders said.

The call dropped. Angelalt stirred and looked at him.

“Who is it?” she said.

Anders hesitated. He put down the phone and stared at her, not sure what to say. Of course this wasn’t his cousin. The signs were too obvious. Why didn't he heed them. How had he not found out sooner? And he thought he was paranoid. How did he miss all of the signs? Was he really that stupid to have been fooled that easily? What did that mean about his work? If an alternate Angela could replace his cousin that easily, how could he take on Sentinel? How could he even run X-Division?

“Apparently I'm eligible for unprecedented savings,” Anders said.

“Unprecedented savings at five past midnight?” Angelalt said.

“Well, it's never too late for savings,” Anders said, “We need money to take on Sentinel.”

Angelalt turned off the TV and closed her eyes again.

“Apparently not,” she said, “I think you should save their number and call them back when they're sleeping.”

Anders looked at his phone. “It’s a payphone.”

“Oh,” Angelalt said.

Anders sat down at the table and waited. It must have been for a couple hours, but he had to be sure Angelalt wasn’t awake. When he was certain she was asleep, he reached over and opened Angelalt’s computer, which was a MarkBook like his own. He easily cracked the password using one of the utilities he got from the Lone Gunmen. But he found out some directories on the computer were further password protected. He tried running the utility again, but they remained locked. There was a second level of encryption over them. Of course. Why was he so stupid to assume there wouldn't be one?

“What are you doing?” Angelalt said, walking over to them.

“Uh, just sending an email,” Anders said, closing the computer.

“At 1:00?” Angelalt said.

“The Lone Gunmen don’t sleep, Angie,” Anders said.

"Of course they don't sleep," Angelalt said, “They’re too busy plotting to bomb the Diet.”

“No, they’re busy investigating Sentinel,” Anders said.

“Sentinel?” Angela said.

“Yeah, our motto is Melius quam pater tuus,” Anders lied.

“What does that mean?” Angelalt said.

“It means ‘be better than your father',” Anders said, “We all have issues with our fathers, so we have that in common.”

“Oh, I see,” Angelalt said.

She drew a gun and aimed at Anders. Anders put his hands up.

"I should’ve seen this coming," he said.

"I failed the test, didn't I?” Angelalt said. “What did it mean? The Latin phrase.”

“It meant exactly what I said it meant,” Anders said, “But it was Angie who said it to me. It was something my mom used to tell me and Anna. The Lone Gunmen wouldn’t have a motto. That would make them establishment, like me. And I haven’t heard from them in years. Also, they’re not domestic terrorists.”

“Did it really take you this long to figure it out?” Angelalt said. “I’m not even trying to hide it at this point, and it still took you a phone call to get the hint? Are you really that stupid?”

“I had my doubts,” Anders said, “A lot of things you should’ve known but didn’t. You don’t react the same way in stressful situations. I thought you were just disoriented. How’d you replace our Angie?! You were with us when we came back from the other side…AAAARRGH! I’M AN IDIOT! HOW DID I NOT FIGURE THIS OUT SOONER?! ”

“You have a lot of questions,” Angelalt said, "I understand. But you can understand I can't give you the answers.”

“This from the woman who claims to be my cousin,” Anders said, “My cousin, who strives to uncover answers at all costs. I guess answers is where you draw the line.”

“It's not realistic to think I wouldn't do what I came here to do,” Angelalt said, tossing him a small case with a vial and a syringe, “Unlike you. You’re not even a real conspiracy theorist.”

Anders picked up the vial. “Oh, you’re going to kill me now? While I’m already busy tearing myself to shreds?”

“Not if you do it right,” Angelalt said, “5cc’s should be enough."

“So why are you here?” Anders said, filling the syringe with the vial. “What was the assignment? That's alright. I wouldn't tell me either. Because if you're telling the truth and this doesn't kill me, the last thing you want me to have is information.”

“You going to come after me?” Angelalt said. “You going to kill me?”

“I'm going to do what I always do,” Anders said, “I’m going to get answers. And if I find out you did anything to Angie, you’re going to end up like everybody else who did something to her. And I don’t care if you look exactly like her.”

"I doubt it," Angelalt said, "I read your files. You've done nothing to them. You couldn't do anything to them. You couldn't protect your dear cousin, even when she needed you, not then, not now. What kind of person does that make you?"

As soon as Anders injected himself with the syringe, he fell to the floor. He tried getting to his feet, but he was paralyzed. His vision faded and blurred.

“The effects of the paralysis will wear off in a few hours, by the way,” Angelalt said.

The last thing he saw was Angelalt taking her computer and leaving.

Antiques shop, Constantinople - 6:00 AM

The store owner had barely unlocked the door to the shop before Angelalt rushed inside, her computer in her hands.

“Get me the Eligerica now!” she said.

The store owner handed her the key. Angelalt rushed to the backroom and sat in front of the Eligerica 251. She rolled paper into the typewriter and frantically began typing.

COVER BLOWN. EXTRACTION NEEDED

Angela’s residence, Strasburg - 7:00 AM

Anders sat on a chair at the table while a paramedic checked his eyes and Diana put an icepack on his forehead.

“Any nausea?” the paramedic said.

Anders tried moving, but he could only move very slowly.

“Yeah,” he said, “Bit of a headache too.”

“On a scale of one to ten?” the paramedic said.

“Vodka hangover,” Anders said, “Damn you, Olga.”

Erich paced around the apartment, cursing and hitting his head.

“Two months and none of us suspected anything,” Erich said, “I’m an idiot. We all are.”

“I’m the worst idiot of all,” Anders groaned, “Two months, I was closest to her. I noticed everything different about her. She couldn’t remember who starred in movies or how those movies turned out. She called the Lone Gunmen terrorists. She tossed away files on Sentinel like they were nothing. She called her own research on the ancient human civilization nonsense. She forgot she majored in electrical engineering. She thought the late Director was a man who got himself killed stupidly and hated what we did. She said the Kaiser was a shapeshifter who murdered the Crown Princess and that she didn’t like the Crown Princess! And that’s just the tip of the very blatantly obvious iceberg!”

He tried pounding the tabletop, but his arm moved too slowly, so he just flopped awkwardly.

”How am I so stupid?!” he shouted. “I’m a conspiracy theorist! I founded X-Division! I’ve taken on secret government agencies and shadowy cabals! How did I miss all of these blatant signs right under my nose?! So soon after finding out about Anna! Which has been kept from me my whole life! Why is everybody keeping things from me?! What is wrong with me?!”

Diana patted him on the back. “Easy now, Anders, it’s okay. We’ll talk about it later.”

“DAMNIT, AARGH!” Anders screamed, flopping his arms again. "WHAT AM I?!"

“Did she give you any indication at all where she was headed?” Erich said. “Anything you might have overlooked?”

“Not that I could think of,” Anders said, “Because I’m an idiot! Anna, you see anything?”

“Uh, no,” Anna said, “I was out the whole night. Probably drank too much. Damn you, Olga.”

The paramedic put away his samples and walked to the door, past Walter.

“I'll get these to the lab, sir,” he said.

“I'd like some samples sent to my lab as well as quickly as possible,” Walter said.

“Any luck running that call that came in to my cell phone?” Anders said.

“All we know is it was made from a Constantinople pay phone at 12:05 AM,” Diana said, “There's no way of knowing who placed it.”

“Odd,” Walter said, “It seems Angie was able to cross over momentarily, but unable to stay.”

“Well, we got to get her back,” Anders said, “So how do we get over there, Walter?”

“Crossing over is out of the question,” Walter said, "Not without Angie’s help. But there may be something I haven't thought of yet.”

“Anders, you said she administered the paralytic at about 1:00,” Erich said, “Now what were you doing at this time?”

“A movie night,” Anders said, “Everybody came over, but we might have drunk too much. Damn you, Olga.”

Anders slowly reached for his computer and opened it. However, on wake-up, it displayed “Welcome, Angela Hansen” instead of his own custom banner (none, because putting his name on the login screen was a big security risk). He chuckled.

“She took the wrong computer,” Anders said, “I was searching her computer last night and she caught me, but I convinced her it was mine.”

“What's on it?” Erich said.

“I don't know,” Anders said, “The important stuff had a separate password.”

Diana got out her phone.

“Olga, we have a computer here,” she said, “We need access to every file on it and soon.”

“And if anybody asks, my computer does not erase everything after one failed login attempt!” Anders added. “I’m not that stupid! Really!”

Antiques shop, Constantinople

“That's what they do, isn't it?” the store owner complained. “They make you wait for them. I've been waiting for seven years. Your kind isn't so good at keeping promises. But I guess you've got it all under control.”

Angela opened her computer and was greeted by the seal of the Athanatoi, surrounded by UFOs, men in black, and pictures of stereotypical gray aliens with a custom message underneath:

THIS DEVICE IS THE PROPERTY OF THE ROMAN GOVERNMENT. AFTER ONE FAILED LOGIN ATTEMPT, EVERYTHING ON THIS DEVICE WILL BE ERASED. THIS MEANS YOU, SENTINEL.

Angelalt slammed the computer shut.

“Damnit!” she cursed.

Wait,is everything actually erased?Or is Anders trying to scare potential thieves of the computer?

Actually, Zen did mention Gibbon's writing in his previous Roman Reich regional update in the first Victoria 2 segment, after @HIMDogson made an parody of the History of Rome podcast where he mentioned Gibbon saying the Reich was not a continuation of Rome. Of course, Zen did say that Gibbon's thesis wasn't very popular given that the Reich is mostly deftinaly a Roman Empire, so his Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire works are certainly completely obscure and discredited within the Roman historian community.
Agreed, its about time Anders learned the truth! He has been annoyingly slow to realize that the truth, so it’s so rewarding to see Anders to realize how badly he screwed up with the phone call. Heck, hopefully Anders after this could realize how far he has fallen since 11/9 and seek to return to his glory of Spooky Anders. That or he could realize he is a product of the times and retire for good.:(

Heck, maybe with Angelalt’s cover blown, maybe the news of Demetrios’ affair behind her back might be enough to demoralize her into giving up her mission when she learns about it.

While I'm here @TWR97, you may want to know that Senator Otto/Annionas Otto's alternate universe name was Alto in HOI3 and not Altonate. Just thought I’d remind you.:)

While I’m here, since we’re at all the ending for the Mass Effect 3 summary, You ever noticed how the layout of the Council Chambers in ME1 looks like a Reaper, as shown by this map?:eek:
-2060212578.jpg

I miss his Dragonball Z references. Especially after rewatching DBZ Abridged.:D
What a shame, and I miss his Star Wars prequel memes as well.:( Speaking of which..
cuts off Pavel's arm, like I was supposed to do in X-Files
Romans, Prince Wilhelm Karl is evil!
Friedrich III (who consciously did not take the name Friedrich Augustin) did almost nothing in his very short reign. And the two Wilhelminas were overshadowed by the first. Because of the precedent, monarchs are concerned about taking those names (just as they are concerned about taking the name Wilhelm, given what happened to all of them). And people are still inexplicably worried about the Reign of Women. Maybe the only reason I didn't like having a string of female rulers back then was because I couldn't get Defender of the Faith, since it was hardcoded for men only (which is stupid, because I think Queen Elizabeth I had that title).
I’m sorry, but I don’t really get why people fear the Reign of Women by this point, especially in a post Maximist and Pragmatic Sanction era. I can maybe get behind the religious right and KRA being against the Reign of Women, but why would regular Roman citizens see the Reign of Women in a bad light in the 21st Century, since it did include accomplished rulers like Victoria the “Nahua Slayer” and the Enlightenment, balancing out the Fifty Years War in the beginning of the era. I’m sorry Zen, but I’m goning to need a VERY in-depth discussion and explanation for this if I’m going to understand it since it’s always confused my for a long time. Also I don’t know about you, but I feel that a lot of people would rather have Princess Wilhelmina or Prince Georg as Crown Prince/Princess than Wilhelm Karl knowing how unfit he is for Kaiser, not to mention how well liked Elizabeth Alexandria was liked that Im surprised people didn’t support Wilhelmina being invested as Crown Princess by virtue of her being their late role model’s daughter and the emotional reaction in the public that Elizabeth Alexandria’s death caused.

In fact, it’s a personal headcanon of mine that people would hate Wilhelm Karl so much some of them would make conspiracy theories about how Wilhelm Karl orcharasted both Elizabeth Alexandria’s death and 11/9 to become Crown Prince and strength his power with the Patriot Act, since Wihelm Karl showed a very callous and cold attitude towards his sister by showing happiness at her death and he did supported the Military Industrial complex that became more powerful in the War on terror. I actually think this would be a very popular 11/9 conspiracy theory for people that don’t like Wilhelm Karl (which is pretty much everybody) and could have a lot of strong evidence backing it up in universe due to Wilhelm Karl being an even worse person than Scheel. Conspiracy theorists (and everyone pretty much) would have a field day with this, to the point I see people critical of conspiracy theories having a hard time trying to refute it due their own hatred of Wihelm Karl.:p
I mean, if I lived in the Hohenzollernverse, I´d probally be a beliver in these sorts of conspiracy theroizes blaming Wilhelm Karl for being involved in Elizabeth Alexandria´s death and the November 9 attacks, and I say that because I sort did belive them when I accused Wilhelm Karl of being a Sentinel member before you corrected me, so I imagine that sentiment would carry over to people of TTL. I at least think all of the OTL Bush jokes would at least be replaced by memes of Wilhelm Karl doing 11/9, much to Wilhelm Karl´s chargin and Otto´s secret amusement (since I think Otto would feel much of the same sentiment we, the viewers of this AAR, and many people in TTL feel bitter about Wilhelm Karl in the wake of Elizabeth Alexandria´s death.) given how unpoplar Wilhelm Karl is.:p
The Joker will only appear in the Nolan trilogy and in flashbacks in the first DCCU Catman movie (where he commits suicide to spite Catman), so Heath Ledger could live a little longer to film that.
Maybe those flashbacks would include the Jester killing Robin/Sparrow (I think Robin was called the Sparrow in the update about Catman’s Comic history) in a manner similar to how the Joker In the comics killed Jason Todd in OTL. So Catman In the DCCU would be traumatized by both the Jester’s and the Sparrow’s death and have trouble moving on from that. Of course, I wonder if this means we won’t get a Nightwing of sorts in the DCCU If the Robin killed is the same as the Robin we saw at the end of Nolan Trilogy, but I guess we could always have Catgirl be a supporting character in that case. Also, would Anne Hathaway play Batwommen in the Dark Knight Rises, since I did actually like how she played Catwommen in OTL, maybe she could also make an appearance in the DCCU Catman movies. Maybe there’d a vengeful Harleyquin after the Jester’s suicide, blaming Catman for his death. I’m also thinking we could also fit in Red Hood/Jason Todd if we wanted by having Catman finding a new person to take up the the Sparrow role after the previous Sparrow’s death at the hands of the Jester, only to find that the Sparrow that died came back as a vengeful Red Hood feeling bitter about Catman seemingly replacing him and leaving him behind after the Jester killed him. So DCCU Red Hood would roughly be an analogous mix between how Jason Todd came back as a vengeful in the Under The Red Hood story and the Arkham Knight game, and a little bit of Bucky Barnes in the MCU’s Winter Soilder.
Also, for some reason I renamed Lois Lane to Lana Lang even though they seem to be different characters. Do you have a better German/Greek-sounding name for her?
Maybe Louise Lane? Louise seems to work as a German name, since you did use that name for Leia in TTL’s Starkrieg when she was the protagonist.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to include that post about DCCU and MCU ideas in the table of contents as a DCCU/MCU note. I mean that post does have enough detail in there to be considered a supplementary lore post, so I think it makes since to include it in the table of contents.:)

Edit: I also think TTL´s animates movie adaption of the Killing Joke would mostly be the same, except the first portion of the movie following Catgril would be changed and cut out that sex scene between Batman and Batgirl because I don´t get why the film makers decided to add that scene to the movie.:eek: That or that prologue as a whole could simply not exist in TTL’s Killing Joke movie due to that added prologue being poorly written in OTL, instead being replaced by even more scenes showing the Joker before his descent into insanity and his family life being explored in depth. As for the Killing Joke story itself, I know you mention the Jester slaughtering Gordon´s entire family in the comic including Barbara/Catgirl, but I think it would be likely that the Comic would leave whether or not Barbara Glucksberg survived the Joker attack ambiguous, just like how OTL and TTL left the Joker´s fate at the end of the oneshot ambiguous as well and if he was or was not killed by Batman/Catman in the end. That way future stories (like the Arkham Games) could include easily include Barbara (albeit a crippled Barbara as Oracle) without having to worry about retcons or decide to have her die to her wounds if the story doesn´t include her. At least, that´s my suggestions.

Also while I´m still on these DC discussions, what are the New 52 comics like in TTL?
I see you remember the Dantean War from Age of Miracles.:p Dante might still have been expelled from Florence, if only so I can still have the divine Comedy exist. I want Machiavelli's The Prince to be similar to OTL, because I still want that book to describe the ideal and most efficient ruler. Some future characters might take inspiration...
Actually, I wonder what would be considered Machiavellian ITTL since I imagine the rise of the Hohenzollerns and his Reich would give Machiavelli different ideas about what he would consider a good and efficient ruler than OTL given some differing cultural ideals between the Early Modern Reich and Reissance Europe?
Actually, I went with Darkseid as the overarching villain as Thanos in OTL was actually based on him. Doomsday in BvS is instead replaced by Metallo, who works well as a one-off villain. Brainiac might work as a cosmic threat for the Flash and Green Lantern (and later the rest of the Justice Alliance) to deal with post-Crisis.
I actually meant to refer to Darkseid in my original post but somehow got him mixed up with Doomsday even through they are complety differnet villans, whoops.:p

Last edited:
Wait,is everything actually erased?Or is Anders trying to scare potential thieves of the computer?
That's for you to figure out.:p
Actually, Zen did mention Gibbon's writing in his previous Roman Reich regional update in the first Victoria 2 segment, after @HIMDogson made an parody of the History of Rome podcast where he mentioned Gibbon saying the Reich was not a continuation of Rome. Of course, Zen did say that Gibbon's thesis wasn't very popular given that the Reich is mostly deftinaly a Roman Empire, so his Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire works are certainly completely obscure and discredited within the Roman historian community.
I was sure I did something like that. Gibbon really screwed over the historiography of the Byzantine Empire OTL.
Agreed, its about time Anders learned the truth! He has been annoyingly slow to realize that the truth, so it’s so rewarding to see Anders to realize how badly he screwed up with the phone call. Heck, hopefully Anders after this could realize how far he has fallen since 11/9 and seek to return to his glory of Spooky Anders. That or he could realize he is a product of the times and retire for good.:(
Anders went past the point of no return long ago. The times have changed too. There's no way he can return to Spooky Anders. But if he can't be Spooky Anders, what can he be?
Heck, maybe with Angelalt’s cover blown, maybe the news of Demetrios’ affair behind her back might be enough to demoralize her into giving up her mission when she learns about it.
Well, her mission is basically over. She's not going to give up now. She'll just go home. After that she might learn of what Demetrios is doing.
Romans, Prince Wilhelm Karl is evil!
From my point of view the Romans are evil!
I’m sorry, but I don’t really get why people fear the Reign of Women by this point, especially in a post Maximist and Pragmatic Sanction era. I can maybe get behind the religious right and KRA being against the Reign of Women, but why would regular Roman citizens see the Reign of Women in a bad light in the 21st Century, since it did include accomplished rulers like Victoria the “Nahua Slayer” and the Enlightenment, balancing out the Fifty Years War in the beginning of the era. I’m sorry Zen, but I’m goning to need a VERY in-depth discussion and explanation for this if I’m going to understand it since it’s always confused my for a long time. Also I don’t know about you, but I feel that a lot of people would rather have Princess Wilhelmina or Prince Georg as Crown Prince/Princess than Wilhelm Karl knowing how unfit he is for Kaiser, not to mention how well liked Elizabeth Alexandria was liked that Im surprised people didn’t support Wilhelmina being invested as Crown Princess by virtue of her being their late role model’s daughter and the emotional reaction in the public that Elizabeth Alexandria’s death caused.
Old habits die hard. Look at how some Americans, women among them, are still opposed to women's suffrage in OTL a hundred years after the fact. In real life, there are things that should be very obvious and easy to understand but aren't to some. There are some Romans who hold the Reign of Women responsible for the Fifty Years' War, the heresies, the Maximists, liberalism and the Enlightenment, the decline of religion, economic hardship from overspending on overseas military campaigns, not being aggressive enough against the Mexica, and a lot of other things. Some of these people would probably see the Enlightenment and the ideas it spread as a bad thing. Others might ignore all of the accomplishments and focus on the negatives. Others might see the accomplishments themselves as negatives.

A lot of people liked Elisabeth Alexandra, but not many have an opinion of Wilhelmina. Even though she's Elisabeth Alexandra's daughter, they don't know who she is other than she's a young graduate student without a political record. Hardly Kaiserin material. People gravitate toward Wilhelm Karl because he's the oldest son. They either overlook his flaws or actually agree with what he has to say. Wilhelm Karl is also very charismatic and knows how to get what he wants. Just one conversation with him will get you on his side. As for Prince Georg, he's the younger brother in the family. Plus, the same people who like Wilhelm Karl also think Georg is too soft because he spends most of his time helping refugees and the poor. For those who really don't like Wilhelm Karl, a lot of them just don't care. They know from Otto's experience the Kaiser's powers are technically limited. There's no reason for them to get involved in politics. As long as their livelihoods aren't threatened.

And by the way, it's Elisabeth Alexandra.
In fact, it’s a personal headcanon of mine that people would hate Wilhelm Karl so much some of them would make conspiracy theories about how Wilhelm Karl orcharasted both Elizabeth Alexandria’s death and 11/9 to become Crown Prince and strength his power with the Patriot Act, since Wihelm Karl showed a very callous and cold attitude towards his sister by showing happiness at her death and he did supported the Military Industrial complex that became more powerful in the War on terror. I actually think this would be a very popular 11/9 conspiracy theory for people that don’t like Wilhelm Karl (which is pretty much everybody) and could have a lot of strong evidence backing it up in universe due to Wilhelm Karl being an even worse person than Scheel. Conspiracy theorists (and everyone pretty much) would have a field day with this, to the point I see people critical of conspiracy theories having a hard time trying to refute it due their own hatred of Wihelm Karl.:p
I like it.:D
I mean, if I lived in the Hohenzollernverse, I´d probally be a beliver in these sorts of conspiracy theroizes blaming Wilhelm Karl for being involved in Elizabeth Alexandria´s death and the November 9 attacks, and I say that because I sort did belive them when I accused Wilhelm Karl of being a Sentinel member before you corrected me, so I imagine that sentiment would carry over to people of TTL. I at least think all of the OTL Bush jokes would at least be replaced by memes of Wilhelm Karl doing 11/9, much to Wilhelm Karl´s chargin and Otto´s secret amusement (since I think Otto would feel much of the same sentiment we, the viewers of this AAR, and many people in TTL feel bitter about Wilhelm Karl in the wake of Elizabeth Alexandria´s death.) given how unpoplar Wilhelm Karl is.:p
I mean, it's quite obvious who Wilhelm Karl is, because we're viewing this from behind the fourth wall. We have more information and context that the average Roman doesn't have. But such conspiracy theories are indeed popular in the Reich, as the November 9 update showed. But most of them focus on Schröder, because he was very unpopular, even among his own SPR base, which holds him responsible for a war which went against the ideals he campaigned on. The chancellor is also a very easy and visible target. Wilhelm Karl's in the background...for now.
Maybe those flashbacks would include the Jester killing Robin/Sparrow (I think Robin was called the Sparrow in the update about Catman’s Comic history) in a manner similar to how the Joker In the comics killed Jason Todd in OTL. So Catman In the DCCU would be traumatized by both the Jester’s and the Sparrow’s death and have trouble moving on from that. Of course, I wonder if this means we won’t get a Nightwing of sorts in the DCCU If the Robin killed is the same as the Robin we saw at the end of Nolan Trilogy, but I guess we could always have Catgirl be a supporting character in that case. Also, would Anne Hathaway play Batwommen in the Dark Knight Rises, since I did actually like how she played Catwommen in OTL, maybe she could also make an appearance in the DCCU Catman movies. Maybe there’d a vengeful Harleyquin after the Jester’s suicide, blaming Catman for his death. I’m also thinking we could also fit in Red Hood/Jason Todd if we wanted by having Catman finding a new person to take up the the Sparrow role after the previous Sparrow’s death at the hands of the Jester, only to find that the Sparrow that died came back as a vengeful Red Hood feeling bitter about Catman seemingly replacing him and leaving him behind after the Jester killed him. So DCCU Red Hood would roughly be an analogous mix between how Jason Todd came back as a vengeful in the Under The Red Hood story and the Arkham Knight game, and a little bit of Bucky Barnes in the MCU’s Winter Soilder.
Robin doesn't appear in the Nolan trilogy. He wouldn't fit in either the trilogy or the DCCU, so I had his story happen offscreen (which would be controversial with fans, naturally). Maybe Catwoman will appear in the DCCU movies, but probably not in the ones I wrote (Phase 2 and beyond). The Jester's gang, who will be the antagonists in the first DCCU Catman movie, will indeed feature some other villains I didn't name yet, though Harley Quinn could be one of them. Your ideas about Red Hood sound great. They could be the subject of the second DCCU Catman movie.
Maybe Louise Lane? Louise seems to work as a German name, since you did use that name for Leia in TTL’s Starkrieg when she was the protagonist.
Sounds nice, but I've got too many people named or nicknamed Louise at this time, and keeping her surname the same doesn't sound right.
Also, I think it would be a good idea to include that post about DCCU and MCU ideas in the table of contents as a DCCU/MCU note. I mean that post does have enough detail in there to be considered a supplementary lore post, so I think it makes since to include it in the table of contents.:)
I didn't include them because they're basically the same as what I got in the summaries right now. There isn't anything you'll miss when I post the actual summaries.