The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At this point, the Annionas rule over China and a good part of the Americas. Not even the Reich controlling most of Africa and half of South America is going to stack up to that. It's safe to say the HRE is far more powerful than the Reich...for now.

...at least until Stellaris rolls around. But we'll get to that later.
So, does that mean the Annionas will into Repears for Stellaris and conquer entire universes? :eek:

Also @TWR97, I think have an idea to share to share with you. I was thinking that after you were finished with your summaries for the Original Mass Effect Trilogy, we could tackle some ideas for Andromeda and make it into a sort of sequel trilogy to the original three games. Of course I myself haven’t played Andromeda either, but I still have some ideas to that have brain stormed in my head. Since the game’s premise is about exploring and settling in a new galaxy, it should ideally have new themes and ideas different from the original trilogy, perhaps it could go the route of the Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition and introduce some open world mechanics similar to those Games. However, I might mix in some survival exploration mechanics similar to what you’d see in Subnatica where you gather and manage resources to survive since Andromeda is a drastically different Galaxy from the Milky Way. And of course, you’d also have to manage a group of people from different races settling in the Andromeda galaxy and coming into contact with the native species of Andromeda and determining how to interact with them. Hope you like these ideas @TWR97 and consider them for a summary on Andromeda once you’re done with the main trilogy.:)

Homecoming, Part 4

Ostend - 1:30 PM

“You know, cousin, a hello would be nice,” Annie said, “I know about the shootout at the opera house down in Neustadt. Colonel Kurtz told me and the team all about it, even Louise. You know you took a blow to your head—"

Angela drew her gun. “Don't you come any closer.”

Annie put her hands up. “Angie, we all know how you feel. Diana’s still undergoing some treatment for her head trauma nine years ago. Olga’s still doing some therapy for the ‘No Russian’ incident. Louise of course is still in the hyperbaric chamber healing from her burns. And I spent months in treatment for that virus I contracted on my trip to the Arctic after I found those Anders clones, right? Believe me, I know that the treatment can feel worse than the disease... But they're just trying to fix you. We all just want to help you get bet—"

Angela loaded the gun.

“Angie?” Annie said.

“Take your gun out and put it on the ground,” Angela demanded.

“Angie, come on,” Annie said, “I’m your cousin. We’ve been on X-Division since 1992.”

“Put your gun on the ground,” Angela repeated.

“This isn't necessary,” Annie said, putting down her gun.

“Kick it over here,” Angela said.

Annie kicked her gun over to Angela, who picked it up.

“What do you think I'm gonna do?” Annie said.

“I don't know,” Angela said, “I don't know you, at least this version of you. Whatever they told you back at headquarters, I am not who you think I am.”

“Angie, think about what you're doing,” Annie said, "You can't just keep running.”

Angela pushed Annie into the bathroom and slammed the door. She put a metal bar over the handle to block it. Then she ran back to Schulz’s taxi and got in.

“Drive,” she said.

“But I haven’t put away the solar panel yet!” Schulz said.

“Just go!” Angela shouted.

A car pulled into the gas station, and two agents got out, followed by Olga and Louise.

“Angie!” Olga shouted.

“Go!” Angela said.

Schulz floored the gas pedal, and the car lurched out of the gas station. Angela fired her guns at the two agents, hitting both of them in the chest. Olga took cover behind the car, and as the taxi passed her, Louise ran out and fired at them. Angela aimed at an old propane gas tank behind them and fired, expertly hitting the small valve on its top and blowing up the tank. The explosion knocked Louise and Olga off their feet.

“Alright, why is there a propane tank in a gas station when nobody uses gas?” Angela said.

“Beats me,” Schulz said, "You're a hell of a shot."

“No, actually, I'm not,” Angela said.

“Well, you could have fooled me,” Schulz said.

He reached under the steering wheel and ripped out a small electronic device, which he tossed out the window.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Angela said.

“They won't be able to find us now,” Schulz said.

“Uh, thanks,” Angela said.

Ministry of Defense, Unification Island - 2:45 PM

Kurtz and Walternate stared at the static-filled computer screen.

“She must have removed the cab's tracker,” Kurtz finally said, “We've tapped into the surveillance cams nearby but we haven't picked anything up yet.”

“Did you see the incident footage?” Walternate said.

“Yes, sir,” Kurtz said.

Kurtz rewound the footage to the moment when Angela shot the gas tank.

“You know what I'm thinking?” Walternate said.

“There's only one person at X-Division who could make a shot like that,” Kurtz said.

“It's working,” Walternate said.

655 18th-strasse - 3:00 PM

Schulz stopped in front of a small park and looked at Angela.

“Why'd you pull over?” Angela said.

“This is it,” Schulz said, “The car took me here. 18th and 10th, that's where you said.”

Angela looked outside. Aside from a small building with a sign reading “Edison Dynamic,” there was no Tesla Dynamic skyscraper. Instead, she found a sign reading “Eldridge Cleaver Memorial Park.”

“Oh, scheiße,” she cursed.

“What?” Schulz said.

“It's not here,” Angela said, “They must never have built it.”

“Okay, maybe you got the cross streets wrong,” Schulz said, pulling out his smartphone, “Let me look it up.”

Angela pushed the phone away. “Wait, I know where to go.”

“Where?” Schulz said.

“Uh, Bathoneastrasse,” Angela said, “302 Bathoneastrasse, it’s in Athyra. It’s a…a safe house. One of Olga’s. Walter must have told me about it. I don't know why I forgot. We’re supposed to go there in case anything went wrong.”

“Athyra’s about 40 minutes from here,” Schulz said.

“We better get going,” Angela said.

Angela’s apartment

Demetrios opened the door for Annie and Olga.

“Hey, Demetrios,” Annie said.

“Afternoon,” Olga said.

“Annie, Olga, what’s up?” Demetrios said.

Alexandra ran into the foyer. “Aunt Annie, do you have news about Mom?”

“You mind if we come in?” Annie said.

“No, come in,” Demetrios said.

Annie and Olga sat down on the couch while Demetrios handed them a cup of tea.

“I haven't slept since this whole thing happened,” Demetrios said, “I don't even know what's wrong with her. Nobody will give me a straight answer.”

“It’s been two weeks,” Alexandra said, “What’s going on with Mom?”

“We're going to get her better,” Olga said, “I promise you. We just... we just have to find her. Can you think of something that, uh, we might have missed? You know, um, someone else she could have gone to for help. Someplace she could be hiding out, a friend, anything?"

“Well, Melissa’s back in town,” Demetrios said.

“If Mom needs to ask someone for help, she’d go to Aunt Melissa first,” Alexandra said.

Neu-Gelsenkirchen (Athyra) - 3:30 PM

Schulz parked in front of a small house and unlocked the doors.

“You know, the last time I ran a fare out this far, the meter read about 300 Annons,” he said, “Guess I'll just put it on your tab. I can wait for you if you like.”

“No, you go home to your family,” Angela said, getting out.

“You going to be okay?” Schulz said.

“I'm not crazy,” Angela said, “But to prove it, I'd have to tell you some things even crazier.”

“You know, a few years ago, I was in a bad way,” Schulz said, “Car crash. Lost my wife. Then I lost my job. Couldn't pull myself out. Inside, I knew I was somebody else. There's only one person who believed that... my brother Augustin. He saw the man I knew I was. He still believed in me. But he was the only one. All of my other friends had abandoned me. The guys in my unit had their own problems. My children and grandchildren stopped visiting. But I continued. I mean, sometimes you just got to believe what you can't see.”

Angela smiled. “Thank you, Herr Schulz. You’re a good man. And, uh, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry for what?” Schulz said.

Angela thought, but she couldn’t remember what she was going to say.

“Uh, never mind,” she said.

Schulz waved and drove away. Angela walked up to the porch and tried the doorbell. There was no response. She walked over to a window and pried it open, climbing into the living room. Ambient music played from a surround-sound speaker. She heard a thumping noise behind her and spun around to find a dog lying on the floor, wagging his tail. She walked over to a table and picked up a picture frame dated to 2008. Magda, Angelalt, Melissa, Demetrios, and Alexandra all smiled up at her.

“Angie?” a woman said.

Angela put down the picture and turned around. She immediately recognized her sister, Melissa. It had been almost twenty years since she last saw her, but it was her, in the flesh.

“Melissa,” Angela said.

Melissa ran over and hugged her. “Angie, oh! I heard what happened, sis. They told me about your breakdown. I came home as soon as I heard. I tried to see you, but they wouldn't let me. Sis, I've been so scared.”

Angela tried pushing her away.

“I’m not your sister,” Angela said, “My sister was murdered fifteen years ago. This is all wrong. You're not supposed to be here.”

“Angie!” Melissa said. “That’s not how you greet your sister.”

“Don’t you call me that,” Angela said, “I’m not your sister.”

“Yes, you are,” Melissa said, “You're just confused.”

“This was going to be my way home!” Angela snapped.

“This is your home,” Melissa said.

“No, my home is in Nantes,” Angela said, “I was, I was brought up at the Naval Air Station. We had places in Athens and Constantinople, but I've never been here before!"

"If you've never been here, how did you know to come here?” Melissa said.

Angela looked around at the walls. They looked familiar. She recognized the color.

“I helped you paint, didn't I?” she said.

“Yes,” Melissa said, “You picked the colors. I wanted blue, but you convinced me to use—”

“Yellow,” Angela said, smiling, “Because it was more cheerful.”

“Angie, this is your home,” Melissa said, “This is your safe house.”

Angela hugged her sister and cried in happiness. She remembered everything.

4:00 PM

Annie knocked on the front door, and Melissa opened the door.

“Hey, Melissa,” Annie said.

“Hey, Annie,” Melissa said.

“Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you heard from Angie,” Annie said.

“She’s here,” Melissa said.

“Really?” Annie said.

“Yeah,” Melissa said, “Come in. I’ll make you some tea.”

Annie walked in and found Angela sitting on the couch. Angela looked at her and smiled.

“Hey there,” she said.

Walternate’s office, Unification Island

Walternate shook Bruno’s hand.

“Congratulations,” he said, “It worked. Angela Hansen has been recovered. It appears your treatments have taken effect after all. Your plan was sound. It just needed time.”

Bruno smiled. “For all intents and purposes, she is our Angela now.”

Neu-Gelsenkirchen

As Annie drove Angela from Melissa’s house, Schulz watched from around the corner in his car. He was a little suspicious, but he didn’t think much of it. He retracted the steering wheel and leaned back.

“Take me home,” he said.

“Acknowledged,” the computer said.

His car drove off.

Inside Annie’s car, Angela continued smiling.

“Thanks, Annie,” she said.

“For what?” Annie said.

“For being my cousin,” Angela said, “For looking out for me.”

“Hey, Angie?” Annie said.

“Yeah?” Angela said.

“Thanks for not shooting me,” Annie joked.

Angela laughed. “Oh, sure.”

X-Division

Kurtz sat at his desk, video conferencing with Walternate while his agents worked in the situation room.

“Give her the week off,” Walternate said, “After that, she should be fine to go to work.”

“Then I assume this is the time to ask you,” Kurtz said, “Why? Why convince her she's our Angela Hansen? Why is it necessary?”

Walternate sighed. “You don't need to worry about that just yet. You'll know soon enough.”

“With due respect, Herr Minister, you're embedding one of them on my team, and you've embedded my agent with them,” Kurtz said, “I need to know now.”

“Good work today, Wilhelm,” Walternate said, hanging up.

@CaptainAlvious your ideas for Andromeda are quite interesting since I too have been coming up with how it might look like TTL, never played the game myself so we can find a way to construct a probable vision of what ME:Andromeda TTL just might look like :rolleyes:

Since Andromeda is all about exploring a new galaxy I'd assume there would be parallels to the age of discovery, probably with a Kristoff Eimerich figure too. Once I'm done with the main trilogy summary we can brainstorm on the possibillities.

Since I finally finished reading the Anniona AAR, it just occurs to me that the Anniona Terran Empire is basically the Commonwealth of Man, and I presume the Stellaris portion was made before the apocalypse weapon dlc, I can't wait to see what the Reich will look like by Stellaris, the Terran Empire meanwhile might have earth-shaker weapons once we head to the stars :eek:

And holy shit Walternate's up to some nasty stuff, Angie no longer remembers who she is too Ohhhh Nooooooo:eek:

Aight now continuing where we left off in the ME2 summary, so yeah, the Horizon mission proceeds as in OTL, Mordin develops a counter-measure, the Collectors make their physical appearance. And of course we get to see the reaper of the hour, Harbinger himself (Though by this stage it's still assumed that Harbinger is the Collector-General and not the chess master reaper controlling a puppet within another puppet). As you progress you start hearing faint gunshots implying that while the colony's defense forces were crippled by the impending invasion there are still pockets of resistance scattered. It is here Shepard will get to talk briefly with the Virmire survivor before they ask the other to clear a path towards where the colony's AA guns are located.

The mission ends like in OTL, A phyrric victory, you rescue several civillians though lost the rest as the ship managed to take off. There's a brief reunion between Shepard and the Virmire Survivor (Interactions will depend if they romanced the other in the previous game or merely stayed as friends), although there are a few heated words exchanged due to Shepard working with Cerberus the Virmire survivor reluctantly agrees with why the Commander did it as with the Alliance busy dealing with the crisis only Cerberus had the means to assist Shepard with their vast resources (Even if Shepard tried to refuse TIM's assistance, the game will have catastrophic results if Shepard launches the Suicide mission without having used any of Cerberus' vast resources), after a reassurance from Shepard that he has not betrayed the Alliance the Virmire Survivor bids Shepard's team farewell after they tell Shepard that they return in Alliance colors and not Cerberus.

After Horizon several more recruitment missions are unlocked along with a new hub to explore, the trade planet Illium. Now Illium is a unique setting as depending on the ending the player choose in the previous game (Or the default preset one in ME2), the planet will either have an abundance of races from the big three mingling with humans and the other races, or mostly humans with quarian pilgrims and asari making most of the number, there would be the occassional Salarian and Turian here and there but Illium would be mostly have humans as the codex explains that with humanity taking over the citadel many Asari have fled back to Asari Controlled space.

Loyalty missions will start activating from this point onwards as TIM says only a direct assault on the collector base can stop the crisis from escalating further. Lore specific side quests will also activate here, OTL's Overlord mission, Lair of the Shadow Broker and 'Darker Powers' a three part side quest which will launch Shepard into a millenia old conspiracy on the presumed origins of the Reapers and the pawns that worship them (Think parts of the Leviathan DLC from ME3 minus meeting said Leviathans themselves)

As the various recruitment missions, loyalty ones and LOTSB will remain the same with Overlord having minor changes but will only be felt in ME3 (Though the Legion one doesn't have the limited missions thing thus letting you take Legion many times, the Normandy getting boarded is with a separate mission) I'll shed more information on Darker Powers.

The arc itself doesn't activate until you are done conversing with a herald of the Rachni Queen (provided you spared her back in ME1) or with a familliar face from the first game, Gianna Parasini, an undercover agent back in the Noveria arc and helping her arrest a corrupt weapons merchant, doing both or either side quests will then activate the arc as both are interconnected.

The arc begins when Gianna requests contact with Shepard alongside another figure, said figure will then turn out to be Prince Johann von Hohenzollern, an Undercover Imperial agent working for the Athanatoi (Depending on Shepard's background this will either be the first time they meet or remark on a 'small galaxy', if Shepard did his earthborn side quest Johann will cheekily remark on the COA stamp he gave to Shepard) Shepard will then ask why the Athanatoi of all of the Alliance's agencies are involved, it is here Johann reveals that the Ecunemical Patriarch's assassination wasn't Cerberus' doing as they presumed, and that the killings of several prominent figures in the Alliance (Both in Earth and outside) have caused major concerns in Berlin, especially since Johann's father the Kaiser was nearly killed himself months before Shepard woke up from his coma. Before the conversation could continue however random enemies start shooting the bar the three are in (Matriarch Aethyta, the barkeeper will be seen holding a claymore shotgun during this cutscene, or a krogan if Shepard let the council die). There will be a brief gunfight between Shepard and the two agents as well as comedic commentary from a very angry bar keeper. After the gun fight ends one mortally wounded enemy is approached by Shepard who remarks in his dying breath that 'Their numbers will darken the skies when they return' and that Shepard whom the enemy calls the 'Anathema' cannot hope to break the cycle. Acatl's words are then echoed by the enemy as Shepard is given a Renegade interrupt' to either finish the enemy off or simply let them die from their wounds.

After a brief exchange of words from the three the player is locked out of the rest the other quests so they must go through the Darker Powers arc before progressing further in the game. The first part of the arc will involve going around Illium investigating the various weapons cache the ambushers used on Shepard's group, there'll be Lovecraftian themes present throughout this arc as well as mentions of 'Precursors' and disappearing individuals. Speaking with Gianna or Johann will have the player get knowledge on the general state of what the Alliance have been doing for the past two years since Sovereign with Johann even going on to say that several things were newly discovered in the Prothean Archives after the interns had jokingly suggested the word 'Reaper' when they tried to reopen the archives. What these new things are will not be known as more cultists arrived. It is here they reveal themselves as the 'Cult of the Ascended' and have been integrating themselves with Reaper tech..

A revelation is then made known when one of the speakers remarked that they were the ones that caused Saren's downfall and eventual indoctrination and thus Shepard's role in Sovereign's destruction (As well as that of the Alliance) has earned anemosity among the cult at that Shepard's death or capture will 'please the gods'. Johann or Gianna will then comment on the absolute madness of the cult as a firefight takes place. (Johann here is a mix of the infiltrator class alongside Kasumi's thief making him a rogue like class that can insta kill enemies in close combat while being deadly with a rifle. Gianna is a mix of engineer and Kasumi's as well both leaning more towards tech) Despite the reaper tech in their bodies, the Trio manages to kill everyone with the speaker being the last one, they then remark that their plans to corrupt 'The Last Singer' is already in motion and then they attempt to blow themselves up, Shepard or Johann are then the ones that kill them before this happens and Gianna manages to find files that were hidden by the cultists while the existence of Reaper tech forces Johann to radio in the Athanatoi. Depending on what the player's choices, they can either suggest that the bodies be disposed off as soon as the necessary studying are done, preserve them, or outright destroy them without studying them (This will have consequences to how the Alliance can fight in ME3). The first part ends with Gianna managing to open the files, along with one word. Leviathan

The second part of the arc begins with the trio flying to the Citadel to meet with one person whom Johann knows has connections to the word Leviathan. The establishing shot from the cutscene moments later is that of a painting of The War in Heaven with Lucifer being shown, thrown out of heaven before the camera pans out, then ever slowly the view suddenly changes in perspective with Lucifer being shown as if he was triumphant, the camera then reveals the full painting somewhat upside down as it shows the devil and his minions in the sky and michael and his angels below, Johann remarks this as the trio stare at it before Dr. Garett Bryson (OTL ME3's minor character from the Leviathan DLC) is introduced, he adds in bits of trivia about the peculiar way he placed the painting and remarks that 'The devils have always been up in the sky, watching' while the angels hide below. It is heavily implied via scattered notes as well as conversations from both Johann and Gianna that Dr.Bryson is not quiet right in the head and has several 'episodes' of madness. Among the scattered notes is the Necronomicon tucked safley behind a desk

After conversations with the doctor the trio then give him the notes they found from the dead cultists and it is here the doctor gets giddy as he remarks on the goldmine the trio have supposedly found. Most of the second arc mostly focuses on assisting Dr. Bryson in contacting his 'friends' regarding his findings abd decoding the rest (If Shepard does the scan the keepers side quest they will remark on how familliar one of the symbols that were drawn on Dr.Bryson's apartment). There will be more conversations regarding Bryson's work and his slow march into what he confessed as self induced madness. He then shows the trio a peculiar looking orb in his laboratories that he found in an archeological expedition two decades ago. Another revelation is revealed here when Bryson shows the trio a sealed room, and a remnant bit left from the reaper Sovereign. The trio will have their share of reactions with Shepard being adamant about having the remains of a Reaper inside the Citadel. With Bryson assuring the commander that his 'friends' have ensured the security to be extra secure. Regardless Shepard either urges the doctor to dispose of the remains or reluctantly allow him to continue for further study (This will become a factor by the Search for Leviathan arc in ME3), the decoding is finished and the trio get a location. A planet where a mining expedition presumably disappeared. They also get several files detailing on Rachni biology along with a 'Project Ravager'. The trio then bids farewell to the doctor as the ending scene has Bryson contact an unknown individual who remarks that Shepard's group will be an instrumental factor in breaking the cycle. Part 2 ends with the unknown contact assuring Bryson that hiding was no longer an option.

Part 3 has the trio travel to said planet, and on the way there via shuttle they engage in light hearted conversations to ease the tension. Shepard's crew are also among the group accompanying the trio alongside several N7 teams and Johann's personal Varangian Guard retinue, thus bringing with them a sizable army. Things escalate quickly when AA guns from the surface start firing on them. A brief firefight occurs upon landing (Where the player can see his squad, the N7 squad and the varangisn guard fighting on the map but just out of Shepard's reach) and the group fight their way towards the complex. It would be here the first of the Ravagers start appearing, but due to their crude appearance they are easily destroyed despite the firepower being the equivalent of an artillery cannon, effectively making them glass cannons (So basically ME3 ravagers are prototypes here making TTL ME3 versions much dangerous :eek:), it is here they encounter an Asari (Another herald for the Rachni Queen if you spared her back in ME1) who either begs for their help in rescuing the queen or help her kill an supposed 'abomination'

After a long battle inside the mines against the Cultists and the Ravagers (With the others holdibg the various entrances while the trio proceed with the Asari)they discover the beginings of a nest alongside the miners who are alive. Depending on whether or not Shepard spared the Rachni Queen it would either be her (Who has grown big after two years) or what could only be described as an eldtritch abomination posing as a Rachni Queen but looking more machine like. There will be conversations from both queens depending on which ones the players got with the Breeder as we call the abomination born from whatever the cult could gather and the queen captured after the miners they have been living peacefully with were captured by the Cult. While the breeder is more forceful and malevolent the queen merely wishes to be free, Gianna and Johann will agree with the Asari in killing the breeder while they have conflicting opinions on the queen. Shepard will only be able to choose on killing the breeder while for the queen they can either free her once more, or finish what the krogan started. This involves bombs capable of sealing the mines for good.

The breeder will trash about and attempt to have the trio overrun while the Queen will either accept a dignified death or will be grateful towards the Commander, regardless of the option chosen the miners are then released (Or shot out of the cocoons if it is the breeder as the queen will always release the miners regardless of the choice taken). A cutscene ends the final arc as the mine is sealed for good. With the rachni queen managing to get herself out just in time and collaosing just outside. The rachni queen is then wrapped securely by the N7 and Varangian Guard(Much to Grunt's chagrin if players activated his tank) and depending on Shepard's suggestion, she is either taken to a secure planet where she can be allowed to roam free, or to a planet deep within Alliance territory but just known enough to a select few (This will also be a factor ME3, including the final battle). Gianna then bids both Johann and Shepard farewell as she boards a shuttle while saying that she owes both of them a drink after the whole thing, the pair then trade conversations as they watch the shuttle fly off (Earthborn Shepards get a special banter dialogue) with Johann personally vouching for Shepard due to his assistance (If Shepard completed both the Suicide Mission and Arrival before doing this quest, the convo would be drastically different, same goes with the previous arcs if players have already completed the main story), Johann then bids Shepard and his crew farewell as he mentions on having to deal with whatever was found in the archives, all while jokingily mentioning a 'Reaper Doomsday Device', players are then allowed to complete the main story after this arc.

After completing Miranda's loyalty mission you will also get access to the Lazarus project files as well as her input on Shepard's rebuilding. One notable convo will have them talking about transferring Shepard's brain to a clone version that came for Shepard's reconstruction. TIM allegedly rejected the transfer as he wanted Shepard put back together in the same body. Miranda will then say that the clone's status remains ready just in case Shepard suffers another injury.

Once the player has completed all the OTL main missions as well as recruited every possible squad member, TIM then contacts Shepard on a presumed attack on the colony of Feros and the need to go there, players can take the mission after knowing it but doing so triggers Act 3 of the game and once players take the mission, the event horizon occurs so it is wise to finish the loyalty missions and upgrade the Gibraltar before doing the mission (Players who refuse TIM's offer of mutual assistance will be locked out of the ability to upgrade the ship as it requires vast amounts of resources and manpower that only Cerberus can provide)

Assuming you have finished ALL of the missions, The Return to Zhu's Hope arc begins as you are treated to the Collectors already on the planet, with TWO ships, one on the ground and one patrolling (Depending on your actions on the planet in the previous game, the opening cutscene will either say that the colony is holding or on the verge of being overrun.) Not knowing the number of hostiles on the planet and being on limited time forces Shepard to take all of the squad via shuttles (And the Hamnerhead if players managed to retreive it) while the Gibraltar distracts the patrolling ship.

From there Act 3 begins with Shepard and the ground team planning the defense of the colony with the de facto leader (Either it's the green Asari Shiala if you spared her or one of the former employees of ExoGeni back in ME1), there will be the factors to the current situation of the colony with the best outcone being if Shepard spared most of the colonists back in ME1, they contribute to the defense while also being bizzarely telepathically linked due to the Thorian's spores. The worse outcome is where most of the firepower will be coming from Shepard's crew as half of the colony would be dead with the de facto leader even commenting thatt Feros will have to be abandoned after it was over . In a taste of what's to come for the suicide mission, Shepard will get to pick where his crew would be positioned as he and his three party team draw the collectors in. The objective is to survive the allotted time till the engineers reactivate the AA gun. All while suffering through waves of Collectors and the ocassional taunts from Harbinger (Who will have his own opinion on what the Thorian did to the colonists). After a lengthy battle plus a comeuppance on the Collectors as their ship is destroyed before it can escape, victory seems assured with Shepard's crew more confident than ever. However it is here they get an urgent message from Joker that truly sets the stage for Act 3, the Gibraltar crew save for Joker have been abducted by the Collectors.

A cutscene plays as Joker recounts on what happened, While Shepard made their way down to Feros the Gibraltar was giving the Collector Ship a chase till they somewhat lost them, as the ship got to the process of jumping back to Feros however the ship gets itself locked and targeted, and then thevCollectors appear, Joker realizing it was a trap for them all along. Players would then control Joker as the Gibraltar crew attempt to fight off the boarding Collectors while they navigate the pilot to the A.I. core where EDI's blue box was stored. Everything proceeds as in OTL, EDI is unshackled and the Gibraltar makes a random jump away thus forcing the crew who went with Shepard to use the shuttle to meet up with the Gibraltar then pick up the remaining crew. From there the Omega 4 Relay is ready to be traversed, thus setting the stage for the Suicide Mission. Delaying will lead to the lost ofsone of the Gibraltar crew until the only one left is the chief medical officer.

From here everything proceeds like in OTL, TIM's conversation with Shep, entering the relay, the consequences and rewards of upgrading the ship. The occulus fights. And of course the comeuppance on the ship that destroyed the SR1 as Garrus' calibrations finally show their work :p.

From here the Suicide missions proceeds as in OTL with the choosing of the right specislists and sucess or failure depending on their loyalty. Unlike OTL you actually get to see your crew fight here as you progress further. Not loyal members will affect the survivalbility of themselves and that of the crew with not loyal ones having a higher chance in dying in the final battle.

After choosing who to take for the final battle and making an epic speech, Shepard and party finally cone face to face with the product of the Collector Crisis, the new vanguard for the cycle. A Human Reaper.

After a tedious attempt at removing the Human Reaper, TIM suddenly contacts Shepard as they are preparing to decide the fate of the base. TIM suggests leaving the base intact while the rest of the party say otherwise. In the end it will be up to Shepard alone, he has four options three of which rely on keeping the base (Credits to the Renegade Reinterpretatiobs fanfic for this idea), He can either give it to Cerberus, which only they and humanity can benefit. Give it to the Alliance and thus ensuring even the galaxy can benefit from it but mostly the Alliance (If humanity runs the citadel priority is given instead to the races not of the big three), and finally giving the base to Council (Only available if Shepard saved them of course). All will provide a conciderable boost on ME3's War Assets but will also come with a price. Shepard can take the fourth option and simply blow the base up, this will only provide a minor boost from whatever is salvaged from the wreckage.

A second boss battle occurs against the Human Reaoer alongside more Collectors until you finally kill the thing, all while narrowly escaping tge aftermath of the final battle.

After this TIM has one final conversation with Shepard and his mood depending on the fate of the Collector Base and whom Shepard gave it to. With either an Icy, dismissive feeling if the Council got the base, a neutral one if the Alliance got it, an impressed almost patronizing one if Cerberus got it or downright fuming if the base is destroyed. Regardless on TIM's attitude Shepard is dismissive of the victory and prepares accordingly for Harbinger and his ilk. He then resigns from Cerberus as TIM is left to contemplate on his own plans.

A final scene will either show Shepard mourning for a fallen squad member or the Gibraltar flying across the stars as Shepard makes his way towards where some of his crew are and exchange nods and looks of respect. Joker then gives Shepard a data pad containing files on Harbinger presumably, Shepard then looks outside the ship's window with a look of determination.

And somewhere beyond the stars the Fifty Thousand Year hourglass finally runs out of sand as the largest Reaper begins to slowly descend from the void, followed by more of its ilk powering up until they were as numerous as the stars, the largest Reaper begins leading its bretheren with the milky way galaxy being seen from the distance, setting the stage for Mass Effect 3.

After the credits, players get a bonus mission called 'Arrival'. And it proceeds as in OTL. Shepard gets briefed on an imminent Reaper invasion that Admiral hackett got from a scientist friend of the admiral who went undercover behind Batarian space. Everything is the sane as in OTL as you rescue her, get briefed on the countdown and find yet another Reaoer artifact codenamed Object Rho. The epic fight for your life sequence where players hold off wave after wave of enemies still happens as Harbinger taunts the player.

The mission proceeds like in OTL where you bust out after getting knocked out by tge object, Kenson the scientist briefly attempts to stop you before momentarily resisting the indoctrination and tells Shepard where to ensure the plan to delay the Reapers can still happen. She then shoots herself on the head, cursing the Reapers as she does so. An attempt to warn the Batarian colony ends in failure and Shepard is forced to evacuate but not after a brief conversation with Harbinger himself who appears to gloat over Shepard's failure. Shepard responds with humanity's endurance and willingness to fight and Harbinger ends the conversation with a remark on their leaders begging for mercy and to prepare the galaxy for their arrival.

After the mission Admiral Hackett personally debriefs Shepard and the consequences on their actions (Severe ones at that) and that they will stand trial for what was done once they return to Earth, with Hackett even hoping the commander's words would be enough.

And that's all of TTL's ME2, hope you folks like it :D

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Since I finally finished reading the Anniona AAR, it just occurs to me that the Anniona Terran Empire is basically the Commonwealth of Man, and I presume the Stellaris portion was made before the apocalypse weapon dlc, I can't wait to see what the Reich will look like by Stellaris, the Terran Empire meanwhile might have earth-shaker weapons once we head to the stars :eek:

And holy shit Walternate's up to some nasty stuff, Angie no longer remembers who she is too Ohhhh Nooooooo:eek:
I think Dragoon made it quite clear he was inspired by the Warhammer 40K Imperium of Man. The Commonwealth is nothing compared to Holy Terra.:p

Dragoon did do his Stellaris part before the Apocalypse DLC, if I remember correctly. But now that it's out, it's pretty clear to all of us what the HTE's stance on planet-killers is.:D With the Annionas triumphant at the end of the 25th century, they can certainly afford to invest in fearful battle stations to keep the outer systems in line.:p As for my megacampaign, I haven't started work on the Stellaris part because it'll take me a while to finish NWO at the current rate (I'm still working on the third and final X-Division arc, which should end around the end of 2015) and the devs will likely release several updates and DLCs in the meantime. But I've finally come around to including super weapons in the planned plot, though I won't be using them...for now.;)

That is what happens when Walter doesn't remove parts of his brain and becomes a mad scientist. He becomes an evil scientist.:eek:

Oh, and great work on ME2 as always. I'll add it to the table of contents like your previous works.

After completing Miranda's loyalty mission you will also get access to the Lazarus project files as well as her input on Shepard's rebuilding. One notable convo will have them talking about transferring Shepard's brain to a clone version that came for Shepard's reconstruction. TIM allegedly rejected the transfer as he wanted Shepard put back together in the same body. Miranda will then say that the clone's status remains ready just in case Shepard suffers another injury.
I see what you did there. Nice nod to the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC. That was a fun dlc indeed.:D Also great read, as usual, looking forward to ME3.

Additional thought here @TWR97, but Prince Johann seems like a badass here. Is it weird that I kind of would like to see him become an official squad memeber for Shepard’s crew in ME3?

Last edited:
I see what you did there. Nice nod to the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC. That was a fun dlc indeed.:D Also great read, as usual, looking forward to ME3.

Additional thought here @TWR97, but Prince Johann seems like a badass here. Is it weird that I kind of would like to see him become an official squad memeber for Shepard’s crew in ME3?
Yeah, Prince Johann would be awesome as an official crew member.

The Artifact, Part 1

Cologne, the Reich - May 27, 2010, 10:00 PM

Joe fiddled with his tool kit, looking for a pickaxe. He stood up and turned to the family he and his accomplices had bound and gagged. To make them more comfortable, he turned on the TV. Downstairs, his accomplices Dietmar and Bastian dug a hole in the basement with shovels.

“You know, we'd get through this foundation a lot quicker with that pickaxe,” Dietmar said, “Where's your dumb cousin?”

“He ain't dumb,” Bastian said, “And don't worry about him. Just keep working.”

They dug out a small black metal box and climbed out of the hole.

“That was faster than I expected,” Bastian said.

“What do you think's in it?” Dietmar said.

“Ain't our job to think,” Bastian said, “It's our job to dig.”

“We're getting paid a lot of money for this,” Dietmar said, “Tens of thousands of marks. It's got to be something valuable.”

“That's exactly the kind of thinking that found us trouble in Bavaria,” Bastian said.

“Yeah?” Dietmar said. “We made a lot of money in Bavaria.”

“Maybe just a peek,” Bastian said, opening the box.

The lightbulb above their heads shattered, and both men went into a trance, bleeding from their noses and ears. Joe ran down to the basement and found his accomplices catatonic. He took the box from Bastian’s hands and closed it. Running upstairs, he found the family also catatonic. Panicking, he fled the house with the box still in his hands.

Sebastian Thomas’s lair, [REDACTED] - 11:00 PM

Sebastian Thomas handed Angelalt a thick file.

“I noticed you had trouble over the last two weeks,” he said, “So I compiled everything you need to help with your new identity. Agent Angela Hansen, joined the X-Division in December 1992, all relevant case files there, none of that Sentinel nonsense, just deflect if Anders asks. You’ll also find files on the Humboldt family, Kurtz, your father, Wilhelm Tesla, Kirova, and Frank. Also those Lone Gunmen terrorists, don’t ask why.”

“Where did you get this?” Angelalt said. “Why didn’t you give this to me sooner?”

“I've been over here since you were in high school, and I've cultivated a lot of resources,” Sebastian said, “And you never asked for it. Anything you need, just ask.”

He handed Angelalt a thick book titled “A History of Pop Culture.”

“That's your homework,” he said, “It'll help familiarize you with this world, since you almost blew your cover last Monday when you said Leonardo DiCaprio starred in Titanic. Also, you need to work on your accent. Now, if you can move your hair to the side.”

Angelalt brushed aside her hair, while Sebastian took out a handheld laser and eliminated the last traces of her tattoo.

“I can’t believe I missed some of it last time,” he said.

Angelalt flipped through the book and was immediately stumped.

“Who’s Bone-o?” she asked.

“It’s Bono, actually,” Sebastian said, “He’s a musician.”

“Is he good?” Angelalt said.

“One of the few I like on this side,” Sebastian said, “Part of a group called U-2 or something.”

“Well, he's easy on the eyes,” Angelalt said.

“Careful,” Sebastian said, “Their side may be alluring, but don't be taken in by it. They started the war, remember? Don’t let ‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’ convince you otherwise. There’s an entire case file on that song, something about an evil AI, if you can believe it.”

“You don't have to remind me, I hate that song,” Angelalt said, “Now did you do what I told you to do?”

“I hired a team and sent it to the site, yes,” Sebastian said.

“Your usual men?” Angelalt said.

“No, I don't want to burn my resources,” Sebastian said, “Does that meet with your approval?”

“I don't care how long you've been here,” Angelalt said, “This is my operation, remember, and you work for me.”

Walter’s lab, Strasburg - May 28, 2010, 8:00 AM

Diana tossed a copy of Die Zeiten on the table.

“‘Tesla Dynamic under Wilhelm Tesla was known for tackling the most advanced technological problems facing our generation’,” she read, “‘He will long be remembered as one of our country's leading visionaries’."

“It's a bit generic, don't you think?” Anders said.

“He was my best friend,” Walter said, “Wherever he is, he'll be very disappointed. Also, we’re low on butter.”

Olga sighed and walked off. “I’ll get it.”

“I’m surprised they took two weeks to announce his death,” Anders said.

“Mina wanted to be sure he was dead and wasn’t in yet another parallel universe,” Diana said.

They walked over to a table where Erich and Anna stood, looking at partial schematics of Walternate’s machine which Anna had drawn from memory.

“And you think this is what, a doomsday machine?” Erich said.

“Well, Walternate said it was very powerful ancient technology,” Anna said, “He spent the last few years looking for the machine's component pieces.”

“But he's finished assembling it?” Erich said.

“No,” Anna said, “He was missing several of them. Including one very important one. Me.”

“Are you sure this is accurate?” Diana said. “You can power and control this machine?”

“The device seem to need a specific human interface, and its components responded directly to me during testing,” Anna said.

“If that's true, if Walternate needs you to operate this weapon…” Anders said.

“We know he has agents on this side,” Anna said, “If he wanted me back, I think they would have made a play already. There has to be some other plan.”

“Anna, these cacao beans, they're inedible,” Walter said, holding up a bag of cacao beans, “Gene will never be able to digest them.”

“She's a cow, Walter,” Anna said, “She could probably digest the frying pan.”

“What is he doing?” Erich asked.

“Oh, you don't want to know,” Anders said.

“I'm trying to make chocolate milk,” Walter said anyways, “Or rather, I'm trying to make the cow make chocolate milk.”

“Damnit, Walter, it doesn’t work that way,” Anders said.

“Walter, do you have any idea why this machine would or could be configured for Anna and why it would respond to her?” Erich said.

“I know this machine is dangerous,” Walter said.

“Which is why we need to understand it,” Erich said, "If it is indeed a threat—”

“—then to ignore it would be irresponsible,” Walter said, "I've heard that argument before. That's what we told Neumann when we discovered the Angeloi were working on a bomb. And how do you think he slept after his little invention had killed millions in a fraction of a second? I need to go back to the market. Olivenöl, we need to go to the market.”

Angelalt walked into the lab.

“Morning,” she said.

“Do you need anything at the market?” Walter asked.

“No, thank you,” Angelalt said.

Walter and Olga left the lab.

“Anna, we’ve all been through a lot, but if this is the threat we think it is, the General Staff thinks it is, we need Walter focused,” Erich said.

“But what if he's right?” Anna said. “What if we shouldn't be working on this thing?”

“No,” Angelalt said, “We should figure out what this thing is, so we can counter it.”

Anders stared at her, confused. Angelalt shrugged.

“The best defense is a good offense,” she said, “Also, we have a case.”

Cologne - 10:00 AM

Kurtz led the X-Division team into the living room, where the bodies of the dead residents were still tied to their chairs. Forensic analysts took pictures of them, while other police officers and Athanatoi agents combed the area for more evidence.

“The neighbor found 'em a few hours ago,” Kurtz said, “Medical examiner puts the time of death around ten last night."

“What are you thinking?” Angelalt asked Anders.

“Nothing,” Anders said, “Just taking it in.”

“Walter, any thoughts?” Diana asked.

“Reminds me of Monet's Water Lilies,” Walter said.

“The painting?” Angelalt said.

“It's a pastel,” Anders said.

“Look at the blood,” Olga said, pointing at a small pool of dried blood under the chairs, “It's a shade lighter than ordinary.”

“It's mixed with something else,” Walter said, “Possibly spinal fluid.”

“So where are the men who tied them up?” Angelalt asked.

They walked down to the basement, where medical examiners stood next to the still-standing bodies of Dietmar and Bastian.

“Neither of them had ID,” Kurtz said, “Techs are taking prints.”

“Seem to be in a vegetative trance before they expired,” Walter said.

“So you've seen something like this before?” Anna said.

“No,” Walter said, “Nostradamus is said to have died standing up, but I highly doubt that someone who predicted his own death wouldn't have laid down.”

“But you're saying whatever did this didn't kill them right away,” Kurtz said.

“It’s just a hypothesis, but we are yet to find our rosebud, the elusive clue that will unlock this entire mystery,” Walter said.

“So has anyone located what they were after?” Angelalt said.

“We don't even know what they were after,” Kurtz said.

“Beware of buried treasure, huh?” Anders said.

“We're thinking there was a third thief who took whatever they dug up,” Diana said.

“Unless, of course, this buried treasure had legs of its own and ran away,” Walter said, “Wouldn't that be just delightful?”

“Rod no,” Olga said.

“Any leads on the third man?” Angelalt said.

“No, not yet,” Kurtz said.

Sebastian’s lair - 1:00 PM

Angelalt return to the secret base and found Sebastian casually staring at lines of scrolling code on a computer.

“I was just in Cologne,” she said, “We got a problem. Your little plan wasn't so foolproof. The device was supposed to be there, right? Well, it wasn't. One of your men must have taken it. Two of your men died like you planned, but the other one survived and took the device.”

“I only hired two men,” Sebastian said.

Angelalt showed him a crime-scene photo of Dietmar’s and Bastian’s bodies.

“That's them, yeah,” Sebastian said, "If there were three, all three should be dead. No one can withstand that thing."

“Well, someone did, and we need to find him,” Angelalt said.

Walter’s lab

Bastian’s brain made a squishy-popping noise as Walter pulled it out of his head.

“I’ve done a lot of stuff in the KGB, but that just creeps me out,” Olga said, “I don’t know if anything will top that.”

“Really?” Walter said. “I always found it oddly comforting.”

“Yep, that topped it,” Olga said, rolling her eyes, “Why do I even bother?”

“I thought this was Angie’s specialty,” Diana said.

“Well, she’s busy,” Anders said, “Give her time. She’s still a little rattled.”

“Uh, Walter, your tie,” Olga said, pointing at Walter’s tie, “I, uh…”

“Oh,” Walter said, “I think I have a little bit of brain on it.”

He licked it. “No, it’s raspberry jam.”

Olga stormed off. “This is ridiculous.”

Anna walked into the lab.

“Walter, it's time to go,” Anna said.

“Maybe I'm overdressed,” Walter said, scrubbing his tie, “Maybe I should change anyway.”

“Walter, you look fine,” Diana said.

“No, I don't think I can do this,” Walter said.

“Walter, it’ll be fine,” Anders said, “We’ll be with you. You look great.”

Walter nervously smiled.

I'm more worried about a brainwashed Angela than an undercover Angelalt, especially if she keeps getting little details wrong. Speaking of brainwashed Angela, go alternate Schulz! You're her best hope.

One little slip is all it takes for Angiealt to blow her cover, the Hohenzollernverse is so full of contradictions in her POV that I think she might end up accidentaly insulting Elizabeth Alexandra's memory, Her reaction to the Kaiser of her universe being an actor (Plus being the Fourth Doctor, Gandalf, Count Dooku AND Grindelwald) must be quite a shock to her.

Yeah, Prince Johann would be awesome as an official crew member.

You and most of TTL fans of the ME Trilogy share the same thinking :p

I'll be working on several story summaries that take place during the six month timeskip between the second and third game (Plus a summary on a novel on Prince Johann) since with EA's nonexistence I bet Bioware would really have all the time in the world to create a perfect finale. Plus I bet Vince Giligan is part of the writer team since ME2 :D

I think she might end up accidentaly insulting Elizabeth Alexandra's memory
You're not far off from what she's actually going to accidentally do.

Her reaction to the Kaiser of her universe being an actor (Plus being the Fourth Doctor, Gandalf, Count Dooku AND Grindelwald) must be quite a shock to her.
Don´t forget about Dracula and Magneto too! :p
Plus I bet Vince Giligan is part of the writer team since ME2 :D
Just to make sure, that´s the Breaking Bad and X-files writer right? I guess Shepard is the man/woman that knocks.:p

Also Zen, I know you said you haven´t read much fantasy, but considering Amazon is planning to make a TV series out of this book series, what would The Wheel of Time series be like here?

Last edited:
Just to make sure, that´s the Breaking Bad and X-files writer right? I guess Shepard is the man/women that knocks.:p
Yep, he wrote some of the best X-Files episodes. I imagine he did the same with Breaking Bad.
Also Zen, I know you said you haven´t read much fantasy, but considering Amazon is planning to make a TV series out of this book series, what would The Wheel of Time series be like here?
The only thing I know about that is the name, so I have no idea.

The Artifact, Part 2

Tesla Dynamic, Frankfurt - 4:00 PM

Anna, Anders, and Diana escorted Walter down the corridor to Mina’s office. Walter anxiously adjusted his wrinkled 1970s suit and looked at the portraits of Wilhelm Tesla and his projects adorning the walls.

“This place makes me feel so insignificant,” he muttered, “I read that they invented a wheelchair that can be steered by brainwaves alone. Neural interface, micro-electrical technology. Ooh!”

He stopped to watch scientists at work on something through an open lab door.

“Not now, Walter,” Anders said, pushing him down the hall.

They met Mina at the door to her office.

“Walter, Anders, Anna,” she said, “Di. We are set up in my office.”

Walter awkwardly hugged Mina. “Mina, I know that this has been a great loss to you as well.”

They sat around a table in the office, where the executor read Tesla’s final will and testament. He handed Mina and Walter a letter each. Mina also received a bell.

"My father Isaac once said, life is joy, while death is peace,” the executor read, “It's transition that's difficult. I was not a man of many friends, but if I'd had hundreds, I would still cherish the two of you most, even over my own family. Mina, I was your right hand, and you were mine. For the many hours we spent exploring the impossible, a small thank you."

Mina opened her letter and read it. She smiled.

"Walter, we gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom,” the executor continued, “By now I trust you have ample reserves of both. I hope you've forgiven me."

Walter opened and read his letter. He immediately closed it again.

“Thus concludes the last will and testament of Wilhelm Tesla,” the executor said, “Thank you all for coming.”

Anders, Anna, and Diana quietly got up and escorted Walter out of the room.

“Weird,” Anna said, “I expected another Tesla to show up.”

“Yeah, I agree,” Diana said, “Where’s the rest of the family? They’d want a cut of whatever Tesla owned here. Honestly, I’m surprised Mina was mentioned. Thanks, Aunt Rita.”

“You’re jealous,” Anna said.

“She only got a bell,” Diana said, smiling, “Hardly something to be jealous about.”

“So, you going to tell me?” Anders said.

“What?” Walter said.

“About the letter,” Anders said.

“No, I don't think so,” Walter said.

At that moment, Anders’ phone rang.

“Hello?” he said.

“Angie’s not picking up,” Erich said, “You two at Bastian's apartment yet?”

“No, I'm not with Angie,” Anders said, “Who's Bastian?”

“He's one of the two men we found in the basement,” Erich said, “Agent Kirova told me you guys took out his brain. We got a fingerprint hit on him this afternoon. Conveniently he’s got a place in Strasburg. You’re there, right? Angie didn't call you?”

“No, she didn’t,” Anders said.

Bastian’s apartment, Strasburg - 7:00 PM

Angelalt quietly searched through the messy apartment, turning over furniture and looking under pillows and sheets for anything. She was about to head over to the computer when she heard the door open and close. She turned around and saw Anders and Diana enter the residence.

“Hey,” Anders said.

“Father called you,” Angelalt said.

“Yeah,” Anders said.

“Sorry,” Angelalt said, “I know you don't want to babysit, but I knew Walter had a big day today, and if I called, you'd come.”

Diana looked around at the mess. “Bastian's got a friend living here.”

“Looks that way,” Angelalt said, “Although there's nothing to tell us who he is. I was just gonna go look for the landlord, see what he knows. Maybe you could do another once-over, in case I missed something?”

She left the apartment and walked into an alley, where she called Sebastian. She didn’t notice Joe sitting in a car nearby with the box, watching her. He read her lips and copied down her words as she spoke.

“1200 Regiumstrasse,” she said, “Humboldt, Frank, and I will be gone in thirty minutes. I need you there then. We've got to bring this guy in.”

Walter’s lab

Olga walked over to Walter as he sat at a table and examined Bastian’s brain.

“So, Walter, how was the reading of the will?” she asked.

"You know, there's this South Eimerican centipede that's been known to crawl through the nasal passages and wreak this kind of havoc,” Walter said.

“Do you think a bug could have killed all five victims and disrupted the electronics?” Olga said. “Would’ve been useful for the KGB.”

Walter angrily tore off his latex gloves. “Probably not.”

“Walter, is everything okay?” Olga said.

“No,” Walter said, taking out a key from Tesla’s letter.

“Is that from Tesla?” Olga said. “It’s a safety deposit box key.”

She read the letter. It was a single sentence: "DON'T BE AFRAID TO CROSS THE LINE."

“It's an old argument,” Walter said, “Willy and I spent days discussing the wisdom of crossing the line. ‘Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.’ That's what Willy used to say.”

“So you were the cautious one?” Olga said.

“He was over there,” Walter said, “He saw what I did, all I destroyed. How can he tell me to cross the line?”

“Walter, you saved Anna’s life,” Olga said, “I know there were consequences, I’ve been there many times, but Anna has got to understand why you made the choices you made. You've talked to her, haven't you?”

“I've been waiting for the right moment,” Walter said.

“Walter, you said you would do that two weeks ago,” Olga said, “She has to hear your side.”

Walter put on his jacket to leave, but at that moment he noticed something on the brain.

"Endolymph fluid,” he said, “There's severe damage to the inner ear. Pass me a swab, please.”

Olga handed him a swab, which he used to check Bastian’s ear.

“I think I know what happened here,” Walter said.

7:30 PM

Anna and Anders looked through Walter’s extensive phonograph collection.

“Angie would be jealous,” Anders said, “That is, if these were cassette tapes.”

“Eh, she hasn’t been so interested in cassette tapes lately, from what I’ve seen,” Anna said, “Walter, I can't find the Requiem.”

“Perhaps Don Giovanni,” Walter said.

“So you think that music killed these people?” Diana said.

Walter put on a cranial cap.

“Not music per se,” he said.

Anna held out another album. “Would this work?”

“Ah, Figaro,” Walter said, “Perfect.”

He loaded the recording onto his phonograph.

“We've known for some time that different sounds affect the brain in different ways,” he said.

He put the needle over the recording. Classical music played from the speakers.

“Look at my brain waves on the monitor,” he said.

Diana looked at the computer, which displayed output from Walter’s cranial cap sensors.

“They're smoothing out,” she said.

“Harmonic music reduces neural activity,” Anders said.

“Which is why we think more clearly when we listen to it,” Walter said, “As opposed to this.”

Walter stopped the phonograph and pushed a button on a modern radio. Heavy metal blared from the speakers. He pointed to the computer again, which displayed intensified brain wave patterns as opposed to the calmer ones from classical music.

“Dissonance,” he said, “Look, look at my neurons. Look at my neurons.”

“We get it, Walter,” Anna said, “Can I turn this off now?”

“Oh, sorry,” Walter said, shutting off the radio, “You see, the point is this, that with this type of auditory phenomenon, taken to its ultrasonic extreme, can be fatal, and the way it affects the brain, it could well have induced some type of vegetative trance before death.”

“Which would also explain the trauma to the inner ear,” Anders said.

“So we're looking for a music box of death?” Olga said.

“No, it's ultrasonic, so you wouldn't be able to hear it,” Anna said.

“The frequency's too high,” Anders said.

“Silent but deadly,” Walter said.

“Any ideas why it didn't affect the third man?” Diana said. “Maybe headphones of some sort?”

“They would need to be very sophisticated,” Walter said.

“I’m calling Kurtz,” Anna said, walking away, “I’ll have him monitor the city for any abnormal ultrasonic activity.”

As she walked away, Olga looked at Walter.

“Go talk to him,” she urged.

Angela’s residence - 8:00 PM

There was a knock on the door. Angelalt opened the door and found Joe standing outside, still holding the box. She immediately pointed her gun at him.

“You don't move unless I tell you to,” she said, “Got it? Okay. Step inside. Put the box down. On the bench. Slowly.”

Joe slowly walked in and put down the box.

“Please,” he said, trying to sign with his hands, “Don't hurt me, Frau Hansen.”

“You’re deaf,” Angelalt realized, “That's why you didn't die."

That ending :p, I was expecting another weird thing that defies logic and the answer instead has always been simple. I guess that's what happens when you've been reading the X-Division's journey since the days when there were only two of them.

That ending :p, I was expecting another weird thing that defies logic and the answer instead has always been simple. I guess that's what happens when you've been reading the X-Division's journey since the days when there were only two of them.
This isn't over yet...

Oh Joe, you're pleading with the wrong person.

Yep, he wrote some of the best X-Files episodes. I imagine he did the same with Breaking Bad.
That reminds me, since I asked about Breaking Bad awhile ago and you said it was set in the Occupied Territories with Russian cartel members replacing Mexican characters, what would its spinoff series, Better Call Saul, be like here?

Oh Joe, you're pleading with the wrong person.
I mean, he's not even a supporting character.:eek:
That reminds me, since I asked about Breaking Bad awhile ago and you said it was set in the Occupied Territories with Russian cartel members replacing Mexican characters, what would its spinoff series, Better Call Saul, be like here?
I haven't watched Better Call Saul (and Breaking Bad), so I don't know, sorry.