• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah hold the door! Holddedoor! Hoddedoor! Hodor! Hodor!

More seriously, of course it's your game and if you feel like starting a new one go ahead. If you were to continue though, that would be cool, because I'm sure you will eventually out-build the Japanese even if it takes years, and then you can smash into China proper and that would be awesome and all. :)

I just came back from a holiday to Belgium, couldn't understand ANYTHING they said. They should learn proper Dutch.
Or you should learn proper Flemish ;).

To answer your question, if you want to restart you can. But it would be fun to see the British Raj nuking Tokyo until they surrendered. In the end, it's your choice.

Or you should learn proper Flemish ;).

To answer your question, if you want to restart you can. But it would be fun to see the British Raj nuking Tokyo until they surrendered. In the end, it's your choice.
Hmm. I think I will restart, but to make up for it, I will add some interesting mods, and they are general mods, not only for the British Raj...

Chapter 1: A Very Much Civilized War

Before we start the game, I want to show what the mod that I have added changes in the game. The mod is called Improved Equipment & Expanded Industry, and it adds some extra technologies and buildings, as well as changing some others.

The first technologies that I started researching were Heavy Industry I, added by the Improved Equipment & Expanded Industry mod (Which I will call IE&EI from now on, because I will probably mention it often.) and basic machine tools, to increase our production efficiency and to be able to build more industry.

8kk2DVo.png

If you look beneath this sentence, you can see the changed and added buildings in the IE&EI mod.

H4qHJBc.png

I also got political effort because I needed political power. A lot of it. And I also wanted wanted the focuses that were unlocked after it.

6QWa9Cy.png

After that I took Collectivist Ethos, to remove the filthy Democrats and install the Republicans. Or something like that.

roIiGlo.png

The Democrats weren't pleased with my decision to remove them.

5BGlbU6.png

I decided to support the Democrats, because Donald Trump the Fascist was the other choice.

5sn96we.png

I decided to also expand the Industry because I wanted more than 1 factory. Factories are very nice.

qwqJvfD.png

So this is what my current research looks like. I decided to get machine guns because it's 1936! I have to get with the times!

b5hcgmA.png

Damn Commies. Taking my pie... chart.

1kLewQw.png

It seems too much like America right now. Corruption, Democrats, Republicands, Commies, Fascists... (I think I have gone too deep down the American politics rabbit-hole.)

l2RMNrP.png

Ah... a great leap fowards. Maybe we can do that on the moon. I'll rally all 5 Indian rocket scientists and put them on the job. India can into space.

XkVI7VN.png

Commies got a majority, and are growing rapidly.

WX8NJmn.png

We also started mobilizing the industry, all 2 factories.

3gk6KGO.png

All improvements to the Industry are welcome.

6P5jW2R.png

VIVE LA REVOLUTION! Tropico shall rise!

DzqxfAd.png

We are split in half. Also, look at the borders while they still look not terrrible, you'll miss 'em.

LC92qPG.png

We have conquered Calcutta. We have practically won the war.

ukhB6mL.png

Some victory point rushing later. *pukes*

DZ69dZj.png

Equality. Also, we killed more than they did. Only shows Communism is the SUPERIOR ideology.

FujX0KF.png

The Commonwealth joined the war last minute. :( The war for freedom shall go on...

zSVrqkz.png

Quite a surprise that they joined the fight when it was already decided... Hopefully you'll be able to stand against them. Can you join the Comintern?

This will be quite another story.:)

Chapter 2: Outnumbered 6:1

Welcome back to the great communist revolution, waiting for our troops to be build edition! I tried to join the Comintern. I couldn't.

xiBvPqt.png

I also prepared an invasion of Sri Lanka, to cut the UK from some of it's rubber. I can use that rubber too.

s1LdozB.png

WHAT. HOW. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW. I DON'T HAVE ANY TROOPS! RIP ME.

8EladJd.png

Yeah, I'd like some Australians too.

QEL9T9D.png

Almost managed to cut them off from their main supply, I couldn't. Because some South-Africans landed in Bombay.

dHG6dee.png

I think we managed to balance the numbers somewhat. 10 divisions vs. like 25. At this pace we may get more troops in some time.

Leh8m8v.png

Let's get better artillery.

bP49ZqJ.png

"I think I'll take a break and get some bleach' - Whoever is the Indian head of state

UjrCSGg.png

'Boom' - the gun that the new head of state killed himself with

nULRoig.png

Why did all my troops leave South India...

RCyOp9d.png

The French arrived.

Q83FNDH.png

RIP

l3EIRB0.png

Please. Give us notifications when naval invasions happen. So we can do something about them with our non-existant reserves.

XYbJ45t.png

My new troops can't train because of gun shortages. So no reinforcements for me!

P5lK9YJ.png

'Let's hope they can arrive within 3 months to save Delhi' - Everyone in India.

pHD0l45.png

All in all, I just want to say: Go to hell paradox for not giving us notifications when naval invasions happen. And go to hell for the fact that India can build litterally 0 troops because they don't have factories. And go to hell because the SU didn't go save one of the biggest Communist countries until it was too late to save them and do something about the 100 divisions that landed in India. Now I shall be extremely salty for the rest of the day, maybe I'll make some snarky thread about the notifications.​

Your loss makes for a fun AAR, though.:)

Thats pretty shitty :(

There is a form of notification but its off to the right next to the theatre see the "Low on Supplies" warning its usually there but its an firey anchor but I agree a naval invasion should be worth a larger warning.

Well, that was fun ride. Sadly the communist India couldn't keep those Allies out. And those Soviets were kinda stupid for coming to help so late.
Hopefully you will have better luck next time you play ;)

This is indeed very demotivating, and I agree on the notifications, there should be some like in EU4 and options to turn some on/off. At least you learned from this run and I'm sure you'll be able to come back double as hard and double as steadfast!

Things went a bit poorly there at the end still it was a great read and quite entertaining.

Well, I'm late to the party but I enjoyed your two playthroughs. The first went much better, but the second was just as enjoyable. Do you think you'll be trying for a third attempt, or is this done?