• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ya but Otto is german, not a goo loyal subject to the God-Empero- I mean His Majesty Edward. We need 'Mad Jack' Churchill instead. It seems like the type of stuff he would do.
Why not just send Empireman?:p

He's not as crazy as Mad Jack Churchill and Empireman deals with Super Villans who are Syndies. Mad Jack Churchill would totally fight eldritch abominations for feces and giggles.
So Cthulhu is a Syndie?

Otto seems more like The Witcher in this scenario, minus the mutations and extensive knowledge of slaying arcane things

This seems like a good start to getting those things though

So Cthulhu is a Syndie?
Well obviously. If Cthulhu is the enemy of the empire, he must be a syndie.
I think its more syndies want to use something they can't understand, Cthulhu, to make their anti-empire world. To keep the propaganda going they need to have enemies who aren't syndies. Cthulhu represents the danger of unknown, The Dark Crusader (Batman) represents the AUS, and everything else represents the Syndies.

I think its more syndies want to use something they can't understand, Cthulhu, to make their anti-empire world. To keep the propaganda going they need to have enemies who aren't syndies. Cthulhu represents the danger of unknown, The Dark Crusader (Batman) represents the AUS, and everything else represents the Syndies.
Wait, I thought Dark Crusader was also Imperial? In any case, imagine what Dark Crusader v Empireman would look like. Undertones of the Canadian-AUS rivalry, ultimately leading up to the annexation of AUS Imperial Justice League!

We cannot forget the Imperial Ronin, protecting the far east from the Kijgu of western imperialism, laissez faire capitalism and colonialism. He wishes to serve as a Ronin because the empire and the emperor are the only person he could ever serve.

Reactions:
Reactions:
We cannot forget the Imperial Ronin, protecting the far east from the Kijgu of western imperialism, laissez faire capitalism and colonialism. He wishes to serve as a Ronin because the empire and the emperor are the only person he could ever serve.
Which hero is this based of?
Some interesting info on a planned 1960s era mega project to develop Mid-Canada. I think it suits the planned Imperial economy very well:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ro-to-settle-a-second-canada-below-the-arctic

And it would have ended up pretty much like every other attempt to make planned cities around the world, but for the AAR I think it fits quite nicely.
I also think it fits nicely.

I was going for the silver samurai mixed with generic national personification.
Oh. Then who's Wolverine? A Chinese mutant assassin?

A generic decadent barbarian westerner of course. Perhaps a Russian due to his rugged nature and hairy, brutish look. He seejs to destroy the martial traditions and honour of Nihon by replacing it with his animalistic, yet ever induring, lifestyle.
Then Canada needs to make a hero from Germany, AUS and Japan that represent their plans for them. At least Iron Man won't change, too much. He will just be from New England is all.

Then Canada needs to make a hero from Germany, AUS and Japan that represent their plans for them. At least Iron Man won't change, too much. He will just be from New England is all.
Heh, perhaps a japanese Mandarin. I imagine a kind of Avengerd Assemble from different parts of the empire: captain boomerang anyone?

Superbe work as always Cookfl it really gives an insight into part of the French Empire. It's especially interesting to see the interaction of Islamic and French cultures such as the bonjour-salaam greeting. It raises questions if this is merely a local aberration or indicative of a wider culture melding of post exile French mindset. It also raises questions of just how French Algeria may have become. Historically the pied-noire only made up about a million people and around 10% of the population. However given this alt French history and knowledge of the British exile emigrating their could be a much stronger european presence in North Africa. We haven't seen much about either of the Frances or their respective development so it makes me curious about what the situation on the ground is. I have a feeling De Gaulle's Politics of Grandeur is chaffing under Neo-British domination of the Entente.

Some interesting info on a planned 1960s era mega project to develop Mid-Canada. I think it suits the planned Imperial economy very well:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ro-to-settle-a-second-canada-below-the-arctic

And it would have ended up pretty much like every other attempt to make planned cities around the world, but for the AAR I think it fits quite nicely.

If this is a feasible project it has massive implications for the Neo-British and Canada in particular. Firstly it opens up vast potentially to solve Canada's man power problems while giving an economic opportunity to many of the apparently poor liberated British islanders. The potential to open up vast new tracks of land has always been attractive to those looking for a fresh start. It also fits the Authoritarian-Democrats philosophical and propaganda needs perfectly by giving Canadians another national goal to focus their patriotism on now that the home islands have been liberated. This could be away to shift the Canadian industrial economy now that Canada has been industrialized and the Empire no longer needs as much military goods. On the other hand if this fails it would potentially send the economy into free fall in a decade or two and destabilize the regime.

I also had an unrelated thought the other day and I wanted the commenters opinions on this do. do you think we could see a League of Nations or UN type international agency in the world of Crown Atomic? I wanted to know the reasons why or why not such an organization could come into being. On the one hand people historically have desired international peace and cooperation but the original league of nations only popped up after WWI and the UN after WWII. It seems unlikely to me that any of the governments would agree to any sort of international arbitration given that every major power block has its own agenda. At the same time a more informal internationalist community or movement might rise up in the vacuum of such an organization.

If this is a feasible project it has massive implications for the Neo-British and Canada in particular.
It is a feasible drain of money.

It also fits the Authoritarian-Democrats philosophical and propaganda needs perfectly by giving Canadians another national goal to focus their patriotism on now that the home islands have been liberated. This could be away to shift the Canadian industrial economy now that Canada has been industrialized and the Empire no longer needs as much military goods. On the other hand if this fails it would potentially send the economy into free fall in a decade or two and destabilize the regime.
Probably the latter.

The article seems to imply that it was mean PET that blocked this obviously great idea, but NP writers tend to hate PET. The reason is because he embarked on a grand nation building project the NEP that failed and made the west hate him. PET was an interventionist that didn't mind deficits so if he thought it reasonable he would have done it.

The author of the plan also seems to bemoan how the Canadians don't like the cold unlike the Norwegians, but if you compare the temperature data for the Norwegian subarctic and Canadian subarctic (where "mid-Canada" is) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarctic_climate#Charts_of_selected_sites) and warmest average winter temperatures in the Canadian area is colder that the coldest Noregian average.

It is a feasible drain of money.

Probably the latter.

The article seems to imply that it was mean PET that blocked this obviously great idea, but NP writers tend to hate PET. The reason is because he embarked on a grand nation building project the NEP that failed and made the west hate him. PET was an interventionist that didn't mind deficits so if he thought it reasonable he would have done it.

The author of the plan also seems to bemoan how the Canadians don't like the cold unlike the Norwegians, but if you compare the temperature data for the Norwegian subarctic and Canadian subarctic (where "mid-Canada" is) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarctic_climate#Charts_of_selected_sites) and warmest average winter temperatures in the Canadian area is colder that the coldest Noregian average.

I know almost nothing of Canadian politics or economics so can you explain to me why this is idea wouldn't work?